Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

night_s12May 14, 2012, 8:09 pm · #1951

Found out the spare tire wheel is rusted to all hell and the sheet metal that it sits on has cancer...complete with holes straight through..

ArroMay 14, 2012, 9:50 pm · #1952

Took a broom and beat out the spiders from it.

Our spiders move into places in hours. Seriously, these bastards are industrious.

I_heart_VVLMay 19, 2012, 12:58 pm · #1953

Bought a brand new starter/battery, threw them on this morning, still didn't start. Threw on my brand new MAF and push-started it, felt a shit ton better. It actually has power! Still runs like shit though, missing under 1500, hitting a rev limiter at 2500 unless I'm at WOT, and throttle doesn't respond unless I'm over half throttle. I'm fucking beat, don't know what else it could be. Everything is new on this fucking car.
Thinking about trading it for an FC, LOL.

SchizophrenicMCMay 19, 2012, 1:22 pm · #1954

You could give it to me and I could fix ;)

sideways_s12May 20, 2012, 7:29 pm · #1955

Wasnt today but I took the t25g off my det and mated it with the et stock manifold

WonderingravenMay 20, 2012, 7:34 pm · #1956

What I did today was, removed the rear shocks, reset them as they are supposed to be. Replaced one with a new one I ordered last week, then faced my enemy with the power again... somehow my s12 just doesn't like the battery or something it's possessed, I just re-crimped and replaced the end for the 10th time now, and it cranks over just fine last end has nothing wrong with it just for some odd reason it wont work anymore. Cleaned up the battery once more. Everything on the battery looks solid, I even modified the fusible link housing to fit in the screw better.  uh 100 degree's is not something to work in these days, I just need it to last till fall =(

heithMay 20, 2012, 10:32 pm · #1957

installed my obx helical diff for the r200
it has 200+ km on it so far and seems like a legit product

sideways_s12May 20, 2012, 10:43 pm · #1958

LSD? How much did it run you and where did you get it

heithMay 21, 2012, 4:34 pm · #1959

i just bought it from ebay  i got it from this guy
 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OBX-Helical-LSD-Nissan-300ZX-240Z-240SX-Silvia-R200-End-/160779765249?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256f388601
i could not find much for reviews from other people using it but for the price i had to try it and it is pretty good
ill make some videos of it in use

EightySix200SXMay 21, 2012, 10:10 pm · #1960

Finally someone has tested this diff I been waiting for a review of sorts besides some fwd Honda guy as no s13 owners nor s12 members have spoke on this.... Thanks heaps mate!

- Yesterday replaced lower steering coupled with new unit. This is the second time I replaced it 2 years ago that one finally tore I zipties it together and drove the bish home like a boss.... Got a s13 vss to rid my pesky fuel cut underload in 5th... For now running a AT ECU atm....

- Today....Let my ladyfriend drive her around to insue gawking amongst the interested.... Quite funny and nice sitting in my passenger seat for a change... Damn its cushiony my ass isn't hitting the floor!! I thought to myself..... "So this is what the driverseat FELT like once upon a time!"

heithMay 21, 2012, 11:15 pm · #1961

I felt the need to post that i am using it and it is working fine somewhere because i could not any find decent reviews on the diff
ill post some vids by next week i want to test it by putting one wheel on the road and one in the dirt and see if it does give traction to the tire with the most grip

EightySix200SXMay 22, 2012, 2:06 am · #1962

Look forward to it based on your results I may decide to go this route

mentalxpreshunMay 22, 2012, 10:39 am · #1963
I_heart_VVL on 12:58:49 PM / 19-May-12Bought a brand new starter/battery, threw them on this morning, still didn't start. Threw on my brand new MAF and push-started it, felt a shit ton better. It actually has power! Still runs like shit though, missing under 1500, hitting a rev limiter at 2500 unless I'm at WOT, and throttle doesn't respond unless I'm over half throttle. I'm fucking beat, don't know what else it could be. Everything is new on this fucking car.
Thinking about trading it for an FC, LOL.

This might help: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=34988.msg367932#msg367932
I_heart_VVLMay 22, 2012, 3:45 pm · #1964

Thanks! I'll try that out, but I think the problem might be a blown relay since I was charging the battery at my chargers max output while cranking it. (dead battery)
On the misfiring issue, I'm completely lost lol.

BattleFairyMay 22, 2012, 4:45 pm · #1965

fixed that crapy vr sensor...runs like a champ now

seishukuMay 22, 2012, 4:54 pm · #1966

Nice, now get out there and tune it! :D

sideways_s12May 23, 2012, 12:14 am · #1967

nice I concur with seishuku

mentalxpreshunMay 23, 2012, 10:51 am · #1968
I_heart_VVL on 03:45:00 PM / 22-May-12Thanks! I'll try that out, but I think the problem might be a blown relay since I was charging the battery at my chargers max output while cranking it. (dead battery)
On the misfiring issue, I'm completely lost lol.

Ah, yeah, if you scroll thru everything, I concluded that it was the Green EFI relay next to the airbox that was bad. Replaced it now she pulls like a beast again =)
WonderingravenMay 23, 2012, 12:32 pm · #1969

Back to daily driving her again,  Adjusting the IAC Screw to get a better idle from cold to warm up.

I_heart_VVLMay 23, 2012, 2:17 pm · #1970
mentalxpreshun on 10:51:05 AM / 23-May-12Ah, yeah, if you scroll thru everything, I concluded that it was the Green EFI relay next to the airbox that was bad. Replaced it now she pulls like a beast again =)

Shit I totally missed that lol.
I'll check it out today once I get home today.
EightySix200SXMay 23, 2012, 2:21 pm · #1971

Someone ran into it.....

SchizophrenicMCMay 23, 2012, 4:38 pm · #1972

^ GAYBALLS

mentalxpreshunMay 24, 2012, 12:11 pm · #1973
SchizophrenicMC on 04:38:48 PM / 23-May-12^ GAYBALLS
+1 =(
I worry about this everyday I park my car anywhere but my garage.. hope its not too bad brotha.. holla if you need help repairin
ProlowtoneMay 24, 2012, 4:25 pm · #1974

Someone backed into my front bumper and left a little white scuff... and a few weeks ago a dumb women threw her door open which peeled the paint off my mirrior as i was getting ready to back out of a parking space.

EightySix200SX on 02:21:11 PM / 23-May-12Someone ran into it.....
Hope the damage isnt to bad
WonderingravenMay 24, 2012, 4:35 pm · #1975

Went to crank it, and it clicked. Turned it a few times and all it did was click then it finally fired up. Took a look at the battery post, and it was black again instead of silver.    /confused of why I have this issue with this battery / positive cable.  Waiting till I get paid tomorrow so I can get a new cable to replace it.

SchizophrenicMCMay 24, 2012, 5:52 pm · #1976
Prolowtone on 04:25:38 PM / 24-May-12Someone backed into my front bumper and left a little white scuff... and a few weeks ago a dumb women threw her door open which peeled the paint off my mirrior as i was getting ready to back out of a parking space. Hope the damage isnt to bad
It's always the women, I swear.

You've got a short, methinks, raven.
WonderingravenMay 24, 2012, 6:10 pm · #1977

Would the short be on the power cable it self?

d_k_jose_s12May 24, 2012, 6:12 pm · #1978

after working 2 nights straight baking my brain i got the ka running for a few sec now im just waiting for the heater hoses and intake pipes and she is going to be set

SchizophrenicMCMay 24, 2012, 7:36 pm · #1979

Short could be a worn wire grounding out on something.

I_heart_VVLMay 25, 2012, 6:16 pm · #1980

Lol, I feel stupid as shit.
Went outside to try to find why it wasn't cranking and discovered the clutch pedal switch was poorly bypassed, causing the wires to corrode and current to not flow. So I cleaned them up, and put some heat shrink tube and just like that she lives once again.

Couldn't believe it was something so stupidly simple. (http://zilvia.net/f/images/smilies/facepalm.gif)
I celebrated by driving her around the neighborhood a couple of times :D

myREDcarMANMay 25, 2012, 6:41 pm · #1981

slammed her into a curb and totally screwed the lower control arm. (again) prolly gunna need a new one, unless i can heat her up and bend it back and inch or so. > . < FML

mentalxpreshunMay 25, 2012, 6:48 pm · #1982
I_heart_VVL on 06:16:56 PM / 25-May-12Lol, I feel stupid as shit.
Went outside to try to find why it wasn't cranking and discovered the clutch pedal switch was poorly bypassed, causing the wires to corrode and current to not flow. So I cleaned them up, and put some heat shrink tube and just like that she lives once again.

Couldn't believe it was something so stupidly simple. (http://zilvia.net/f/images/smilies/facepalm.gif)
I celebrated by driving her around the neighborhood a couple of times :D

Dont feel too bad brotha.. This always seems to be the case with these cars.. We waste hundreds replacing everything we can think of, only to find out its the simplest of things... You are not alone
ProlowtoneJun 2, 2012, 10:03 am · #1983

Was going to try to drive it out to work.... So glad i didnt.... I dont think it would have the get up and go of the big v6 in the truck to avoid this crash. It would have put me in the hospital or worse as i dont have airbags in either :/

"I left work, headed down number 6 from bridgeport to get onto the highway. I entered onto the highway behind a red civic to get suck behind a slow weaving corolla. Both the civic and i passed him and continued on our way.

I noticed him pull out behind me so i kept an eye on him since i thought they were under intoxication. As i neared exit 15 i see the headlights start to fly up behind me and start to tailgate me. I would have moved over but there was another car beside me I upped my speed a lil bit as his headlights were damn close to my tailgate. I got up close to the civic but left a little wiggle room. We passed the car beside us as i went to let the off the throttle a bit and move over the corollas lights disappeared behind my tailgate. I braced for impact and correction (already in the corner at this point) but seen his lights dart passed the passenger side mirror of the truck. Then i hear loud screeching as he spun 90 degrees back towards me (Shifted into third so hard and quick i punched the dash) Mashed the gas and he barely missed T-boning my passenger rear corner before slamming into the meridian, Spinning around and shooting backwards across traffic and into those trees in the pic just before the Exit sign. A white vehicle (Van?) near nailed him in the drivers door as he went across the road.

I called ambulance and police while i walked back to find him, when i got to the car he was sitting in the drivers seat trying to start to car to drive away but it would just barely start and die. I told him to stop moving and he kept telling me "im fine im fine"... Car is in a flooded ditch, front is mangled, rear has damage and the airbags went off...

Next thing i hear is what sounded like water pouring into the ditch from the rear end since it was up in a tree(My best guess is a punctured fuel tank) I tell him to stop you may be leaking gas and he starts searching around the car, Finds his turbine and starts to get out but gets into the narrow flooded part of the ditch and almost went up to his knees and he started calling around.

Cops get there and take a statement and got a breathalyzer out and he blew Way over so they cuffed him and put him in the back. I had the give an audio statement and have to go to court in a year or two when he gets charged. What a way to start the weekend... started last weekend with a cut to the bone

Im using detail now so i can jog my memory and have an accurate statement in court. But here are some pics

Front bumper and plate are nowhere to be found so one of the young firemen had to jump the ditch to get onto the car, crawl over the roof and threw the thorns to get a plate number it was entertaining while everyone else waited for him to fall in
(http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6632/img1407r.jpg)
(http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6922/img1408fz.jpg)
(http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5707/img1411ke.jpg)
(http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/811/img1412ue.jpg)

night_s12Jun 2, 2012, 12:50 pm · #1984

Holy fuckwich! Im glad ur alright man. I fucking hate drunk drivers

SchizophrenicMCJun 2, 2012, 6:14 pm · #1985

Fuck. Fucking drunk drivers. At least you didn't get fucked.

Jsvob03Jun 3, 2012, 8:43 pm · #1986

sigh...did nothing but stack pallets in front of it. ugh. I really need to get this thing rolling.

spiderwebfxJun 4, 2012, 1:15 am · #1987

Painted the engine bay white last weekend.  Am now in the process of putting the crossmember and bits back into it.  I have to pull the hilux diff out of the back and take it to an engineer so they can figure out why it won't go together properly.  I can't for the life of me, figure it out.

ProlowtoneJun 5, 2012, 5:14 am · #1988

gave it a stretch this weekend.
(http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4409/img1835j.jpg)

radoublelyJun 5, 2012, 5:52 am · #1989

Track prep is almost officially complete, just waiting on our reunion to properly fit the seats ;)

WonderingravenJun 5, 2012, 11:13 am · #1990

Redone the battery tie down, seem to also fixed my issue with the power, so far so good  *knocks on wood*

sideways_s12Jun 5, 2012, 7:41 pm · #1991

priced rebuild parts for the det and going to get an engine hoist

SchizophrenicMCJun 5, 2012, 11:25 pm · #1992

Congratulations on achieving 100 pages of Doing Stuff To S12s

sideways_s12Jun 6, 2012, 2:13 am · #1993

Lol acquired engine hoist teardown begins tomorrow

s12richJun 6, 2012, 8:29 pm · #1994

wet sand, wet sand, and somemore wet sanding...cant wait to repaint


Post Merge: 08:29:34 PM / 06-Jun-12
sideways_s12Jun 7, 2012, 3:08 am · #1995

Started the teardown...

silvertonJun 7, 2012, 4:16 am · #1996

bought 225/50 Yokohama S.drives to wrap around my z32 wheels.  required a thicker spacer.  had to go from 5/8's to 1/2"!  Now I'm not so sure I like my choice in my wheels.

ArroJun 7, 2012, 2:48 pm · #1997

Started fixing some loose and brittle wiring... California summers have punished this car. Changed the PS fluid and still get noise, so I figure I'll need a new PS pump :(

sideways_s12Jun 7, 2012, 8:59 pm · #1998

Working on a deal the blue car maybe running sooner than we thought...

200srdriftJun 8, 2012, 1:45 am · #1999

Just took a good long look at it today

ProlowtoneJun 8, 2012, 6:47 am · #2000

I looked into some Parts... Broke another....... Time to send another lump of cash away :D