Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

JayJun 24, 2012, 10:00 pm · #2051
SchizophrenicMC on 09:33:05 PM / 24-Jun-12He says with no pic in his post.

You're alright in my book.
I_heart_VVLJun 24, 2012, 10:23 pm · #2052
SchizophrenicMC on 09:33:05 PM / 24-Jun-12He says with no pic in his post.

Touche my friend...
Was afraid you might catch up on that, lol.
JayJun 24, 2012, 11:03 pm · #2053

Aw shit, I forgot to mention what I did to my S12 today.

I noticed it's door wasn't fully closed. So I closed it. Which promptly resulted in me debating on picking up some rear calipers.

Colonel GustardJun 25, 2012, 1:10 am · #2054

looked at it, put degreaser on the rims and sprayed them down, and drove around the block once and parked her in the driveway again. On the white one, figured out the timing belt was off a tooth and the EGR was stuck open during idle so it sounded carbeurated. capped off the egr and idles like a champ now, just need to see why theres not alot of power, unless im used to my VG lol

seishukuJun 25, 2012, 5:57 pm · #2055

Just for fun, I made some "blast pipes"
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/IMG_20120625_173050.jpg)

I also made one of those "cone muffler" inserts (3" dia. by 9" long), because I always wondered if they really work...
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/IMG_20120625_173151.jpg)

...they don't. :lol:

I_heart_VVLJun 25, 2012, 6:38 pm · #2056
seishuku on 05:57:57 PM / 25-Jun-12Just for fun, I made some "blast pipes"
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/IMG_20120625_173050.jpg)

I also made one of those "cone muffler" inserts (3" dia. by 9" long), because I always wondered if they really work...
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/IMG_20120625_173151.jpg)

...they don't. :lol:


those blast pipes look hawt.

btw, what happened to schizo? LOL.
seishukuJun 25, 2012, 8:39 pm · #2057

Better pics, and a crappy video
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Pipes1.jpg)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/seishuku/Pipes2.jpg)
http://youtu.be/we4zrWjZ1Xg

JayJun 25, 2012, 9:45 pm · #2058

Your lack of zipties disappoints me.

sideways_s12Jun 26, 2012, 1:08 am · #2059

Picked up motor.today

Hemifan87Jun 26, 2012, 9:01 am · #2060

ordered a rear caliper starting to get some work done on it, on the list of thing I still need is a L/S mirror or a set of universal mirrors and a new battery.

Slip n SlideJun 26, 2012, 11:32 am · #2061

(http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/Deflecto/th_VID_20120626_111939.jpg) (http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/Deflecto/?action=view&current=VID_20120626_111939.mp4)

sideways_s12Jun 28, 2012, 5:06 am · #2062

Almost finished with swap

seishukuJun 30, 2012, 7:07 pm · #2063

Pulled my exhaust today, I noticed a leak awhile ago... like 6 month ago. :lol:
Good thing I did it today though, there was like 5 good size cracks in it...

I guess that's what I get for not having a flex section, surprising that its lasted this long.

Took the time to wire wheel the rust off and repainted it with some 1200 degree paint.

Used this to test out my paintball co2 welding gas setup, works pretty good but those disposable cylinders don't last long.

WonderingravenJun 30, 2012, 7:17 pm · #2064

Installed Ignition Lock Cyl.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-30%2013.41.52.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-30%2013.41.59.jpg)

I_heart_VVLJul 1, 2012, 11:18 pm · #2065

taught the gf to drive it lol.
then realized my horn was out, so i ripped these off the closest thing i could find at the yards:
(http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/ShakotanS12/IMG081-1.jpg)

sideways_s12Jul 1, 2012, 11:49 pm · #2066

Looked at it lol had to replace the fan temp switch on the dsm

ProlowtoneJul 3, 2012, 2:48 am · #2067

Satellite radio, Stripped the interior out and did some new wiring, fixed my brakes


Post Merge: 02:49:28 AM / 03-Jul-12
Oh, and put it all back together
Hemifan87Jul 3, 2012, 1:36 pm · #2068

removed bad left side rear caliper and now just waiting till the new one comes in later today and then she will be one step closer to being on the road.

elicansmileJul 3, 2012, 5:04 pm · #2069

Wired up my old sub and amp. Took me checking every wire to realize I took the fuse out of the red before I stored it. LOL

200srdriftJul 3, 2012, 7:31 pm · #2070

started to pull motor out. found it has a crack in the block!!!

elicansmileJul 3, 2012, 11:07 pm · #2071

Oh no! Which motor? ca ka vg?

Ju_S12_TurboJul 3, 2012, 11:53 pm · #2072
200srdrift on 07:31:16 PM / 03-Jul-12started to pull motor out. found it has a crack in the block!!!
jb weld
turbo-s12Jul 4, 2012, 7:41 pm · #2073

hit 110
(http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/turrbos12/213.jpg)


Post Merge: [time]07:43:28 PM / 04-Jul-12 [/time]
on a closed course  :laugh:
rednucleusJul 4, 2012, 7:50 pm · #2074

She's gunna blow lol - tach gets me more excited thant he speedo, bet she was screeem'n; KA?

420-86notchJul 4, 2012, 8:16 pm · #2075

110 wow i gotta b goin down hill with the wind at my back to hit 100.  changed my front sway bar links and noticed i have a bad ball joint on the driver side. found lower control arm with all moog bushings for 82.00 a side

WonderingravenJul 4, 2012, 8:35 pm · #2076

Got sideways alot due to the weather, and water hitting vegas streets is like driving on ice atleast that is what it felt like when I touched the gas.

turbo-s12Jul 4, 2012, 8:42 pm · #2077

Ya its a ka I don't think a ca20 could do that

rednucleusJul 4, 2012, 8:45 pm · #2078

I had mine up over 90 on the Yakima highway - kind of scary for an old guy lol

ProlowtoneJul 5, 2012, 5:31 am · #2079

I had my ca20 to 106mph once..... Scary shit with blown bushings and shocks, Later that day i noticed my wheel bearings were gone LOL. (Dead highway at 4am, no oncoming lanes/on or off ramps and no pull offs but has a wide shoulder and easily see far ahead in that area).
(http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8440/img0039r.jpg)

200srdriftJul 5, 2012, 2:53 pm · #2080
elicansmile on 11:07:02 PM / 03-Jul-12Oh no! Which motor? ca ka vg?


SR

Post Merge: 02:54:02 PM / 05-Jul-12
Ju_S12_Turbo on 11:53:10 PM / 03-Jul-12 jb weld

thats what's leaking from the old owner
rednucleusJul 5, 2012, 8:40 pm · #2081

Changed the front lca's.
(http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/rednucleus1/Front%20LCA/lcas009.jpg)

If I'm not mistaken, was'nt somebody looking for old lca's to modify?  These are the original 85 lca's, ball joints are dead but arms are straight.

sideways_s12Jul 5, 2012, 9:02 pm · #2082
Wonderingraven on 08:35:10 PM / 04-Jul-12Got sideways alot due to the weather, and water hitting vegas streets is like driving on ice atleast that is what it felt like when I touched the gas.


Yeah welded diff in Vegas  streets while raining is fun and scary all at once lol when I got the black car running and switched rears I went driving in the rain and I shit you not at 5 mph I was getting sideways lol I was trying to becareful because it was raing pretty hard that day in the area I was in
s12richJul 5, 2012, 10:54 pm · #2083

Painted my kit flat black today

night_s12Jul 7, 2012, 9:33 pm · #2084

Snapped my speedo cable while doin 80


Post Merge: 09:34:06 PM / 07-Jul-12
At least im pretty sure i snapped it
RallymodellerJul 7, 2012, 9:39 pm · #2085

Did an overall survey of the work I have to do. It desperately needs a tuneup, and a tankful of good gas.  Fixed some underhood wiring. Catalogued the spare parts that came with it. Discovered an exhaust leak at the end of the manifold -- needs a new gasket, which is fine 'cause the manifold has to come off anyway for some other work. Mainly, though, sat in the driver's seat making "vroom vroom" sounds.

Don't pretend like you've never done that.

WonderingravenJul 8, 2012, 4:09 am · #2086

Pulled apart my head light stock switch and found a broken piece that switches the light around.
Attempted to gorilla glue but it doesn't stick to plastic, then super glue doesn't want to allow pressure when I put the high beams on and off. So I JB Weld the stick back together, just waiting for it to "cure" before putting it back together.  Cleaned up the contacts while I am at it since it was dirty to all hell.

ProlowtoneJul 9, 2012, 5:30 am · #2087

Fixed a blown water line, Drove out for my regular coffee meet with a buddy, The drove around random back roads in a lightning storm and got lost..... found myself at the border and turned around lol

Slideways87PandaJul 9, 2012, 2:39 pm · #2088

cleaned my engine bay, and my interior and then organized my giant stack of s12 parts  :yay!:

RallymodellerJul 9, 2012, 4:29 pm · #2089

Cleaned up the last of the electrical gremlins, and unsealed the sunroof. The sunroof latch is kind of slack, so I'll have to shim that.

I_heart_VVLJul 9, 2012, 10:03 pm · #2090

Drove her to school, then forced her to watch as we changed the clutch on a buddies Altima. What a fucking bitch that was...

Never doing that shit again.

WonderingravenJul 9, 2012, 11:38 pm · #2091

Found a switch that fits from an maxima yesterday so far it's been working like a charm.

s12richJul 11, 2012, 9:02 am · #2092

new electric fan ...cat mute...fixed idle and timing ... 300zx ecu and maf ...getting ready for saturday and sunday autox

420-86notchJul 11, 2012, 4:20 pm · #2093

well good news its raining here in Texas. Bad news went around a corner and my fuckin shitty front tires no grip right into a curb luckly i had a steelie on the front strait tacoed it. what a way to end a shitty day at work

JayJul 11, 2012, 4:28 pm · #2094

Thought about putting the interior back in to the S12, because if it's actually where it's supposed to be, it will be a hell of a lot easier to move.

And pretty much decided it's the best route to take.

RallymodellerJul 11, 2012, 4:37 pm · #2095

Fixed the exhaust manifold head studs and remounted the exhaust manifold, then I discovered that the manifold-to-downpipe gasket has a big hole in it. So off to order one of those. One nice thing about my S12s P.O. is that he lubed everything to hold the rust back, and this has the side effect of there not being a single seized bolt in the car. My impact screwdriver and nut shearing set is feeling awfully lonely.

rednucleusJul 11, 2012, 4:47 pm · #2096

Did you have to re-tap the holes; motor still in car?

DirtyGazeJul 11, 2012, 7:33 pm · #2097

Got my shit up and runnin again.  Tryin my best to get her, and all her smexy parts 2100 miles away.

RallymodellerJul 11, 2012, 7:58 pm · #2098
rednucleus on 04:47:56 PM / 11-Jul-12Did you have to re-tap the holes; motor still in car?
Nope. Used longer studs. There was enough threading at the back of the holes that I was able to get a good bite with the new studs. That and a combination of red Loctite and high temp sealant should keep 'em good and secure.

Also got an early Fox-body hood scoop (I believe it's from a '79 Capri, it had "turbo" badges on it) to cover the unsightly rust hole in the hood of my car. It fits perfectly. It's an excellent substitute for the OEM piece -- might even look better. Pics to come.
myREDcarMANJul 12, 2012, 12:09 am · #2099

Is that the one that looks like two openings on the front? cant wait for pics :D

s12richJul 12, 2012, 3:10 pm · #2100

was going to bypass my antifreeze line going throught the throttle body to keeep the air going into the vg30 as cool as it can .....any thoughts :idea: