Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

s12richJun 8, 2012, 12:08 pm · #2001

anyone know where to get door seals for and se i was thinking dealership...not sure tho

rednucleusJun 8, 2012, 1:26 pm · #2002

nisanpartszone.com may be a bit less expensive; let us know if you find another source

ArroJun 8, 2012, 2:57 pm · #2003

Rinsed off more dog pee... the local dogs that get loose in my neighborhood seem to feel that the more wheel lip you have, the better to pee on. They peed constantly on the lip of the IS300's wheels before I wrecked them a couple weeks ago... now that those are gone, they've turned to the lips on the Rewinds.

Fucking perros, leave my S12 alone! :(

sideways_s12Jun 8, 2012, 5:54 pm · #2004

Lol soundz like someone doeznt like you

WonderingravenJun 9, 2012, 2:32 pm · #2005

Oil Changed, in the middle of the rear end pull.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-09%2011.05.19.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-09%2011.05.29.jpg)

I had less then a QT of oil in it, been meaning todo an oil change for over a while now.

night_s12Jun 9, 2012, 7:15 pm · #2006

Did an oil change and decided filter relocation is a must on the vg. Recharged my airfilter

200srdriftJun 9, 2012, 11:22 pm · #2007

yeah buddy... finished my wheel well tubs, relocated battery to the trunk, and bought some rear mustang shocks woot woot!!!

Unleashedrb200sxJun 9, 2012, 11:43 pm · #2008

Reinstal my door and back panel  they are recovered with new leather and put my recaro seat mod the recaro s2000 rail by taking some part of my stock rail + oil change  after that went to a meet :) heres a pic  (http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/xix1/mas12-2.jpg)

200srdriftJun 10, 2012, 12:31 am · #2009

^looks baller

night_s12Jun 10, 2012, 12:53 am · #2010

Lots of oil changes today hah

WonderingravenJun 10, 2012, 1:42 am · #2011

Pulled the rear diff, then it's pass out time.
I still have yet to crack open the case and swap the gears, then put it back together.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-09%2021.07.21.jpg)

I_heart_VVLJun 11, 2012, 5:07 am · #2012

Got a new windshield put in, got her insured, bought an IACV at the yards, cleaned the TB, changed the TPS and broke the goddamn top bolt right in there. Oh well, I just tightened the bottom bolt and hoped for the best since I'm in a hurry and this shit is DD status as of today.

Throttle response? Check. Fuel cut at 2200? Gone. Feels fucking nice now, still need to change out that fuel injector, but for now, it'll have to do.

cheater post lolz. that was actually yesterday :P

drummingpariahJun 13, 2012, 11:17 am · #2013

Let someone test drive it for a trade and came back to find that he had left it in neutral. On a hill. Without the ebrake. ... and it was 20 feet in the woods. Rather than having to find ANOTHER place to hide bodies, I sent him home. Luckily, I got away with a crumply fender, and that's it. Anyone have a spare lying around that they'd part with inexpensively? Ideally black, but I suppose I don't mind painting if it's in tact and rust-free.

(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-f0JUMJX6jtk/T9i7ca6UTWI/AAAAAAAAtpc/kbXPL_LAHWc/s800/2012-06-13_07-29-03_879.jpg)

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nlee6id7lt0/T9i7brf4_eI/AAAAAAAAtrg/OlNLJF6whkw/s800/2012-06-13_07-28-50_176.jpg)

sideways_s12Jun 13, 2012, 4:10 pm · #2014

prepped the blue car for a swap and found that the brake booster is leaking lol just one more thing to replace...

200srdriftJun 17, 2012, 1:05 am · #2015

Got stuff done today!!

installed rear mustang's
welded gas tank leak closed
wired walbro 255
found turbo oil leak
installed battery box and ran wires to the trunk
cleaned whole car out

and started my motor for the first time ever!!

WonderingravenJun 17, 2012, 1:07 am · #2016

Picked up a set of new tires and rims.
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-16%2021.33.12.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-16%2021.32.06.jpg)

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=33168.100

spiderwebfxJun 17, 2012, 2:47 am · #2017

Put the S14 BM44 BMC in and started making new front brake lines.

sideways_s12Jun 17, 2012, 3:37 am · #2018

Messed with the blue car prepped it for swap

ProlowtoneJun 17, 2012, 5:54 am · #2019
Prolowtone on 05:51:05 AM / 17-Jun-12Drove it over to Mikes in the pissing rain to help with his CA18DET Datsun Roadster. Still couldn't fix the car so we packed up and i was dismissed lol. I back the car onto the road and turn left just as my wiper arm pops apart on me. I put it back together and drive down the road to left at the next set of light (Busy ass road) arm pops off again! So im stuck in traffic with my 4ways on and waited for a gap to jump out and fix it again. I drive ten feet......... Bang, popped off again so i put down the drivers window and stuck my head out, Luckily i was near Lordco (Auto parts store). Bought $10 of random shit to try and fix it then spent an hour and a half or so on trying to get anything to work. Went back in and got some spiny looking washers, and got the guy at the counter to cut them for me. After another hour i got the washer to press into place using my fingers and a cheep Flathead i luckily had in the hatch along with a pen light to find the washer all those times it popped off and disappeared in the cowling :(. I got it fixed and had spent two hours in the pissing rain, i couldnt have gotten wetter if i went swimming :FUCK:. Used some Kleenex to wipe the grease and dirt off my hands then took off my shoes, socks, jacket and T-Shirt and Blasted the heater, So glad the my heater is almost as hot as a hair dryer :D

Post Merge: [time]03:53:25 AM / 17-Jun-12 [/time]
Took the longest hot shower when i finally got to my place hahaha
I_heart_VVLJun 17, 2012, 10:50 pm · #2020

(http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/ShakotanS12/IMG074-1.jpg)

sooper cool JDM tyte hood mod.

Colonel GustardJun 18, 2012, 10:56 am · #2021

Drove her 309 miles and averaged 26.5 mpg's, not too shabby

s12richJun 18, 2012, 11:34 am · #2022

not to self wet sanding suchs :yes:

SchizophrenicMCJun 18, 2012, 3:08 pm · #2023
s12rich on 11:34:40 AM / 18-Jun-12not to self wet sanding suchs :yes:
"Hey, who asked you, you cock-sucher? I mean sucker- Dammit!"
myREDcarMANJun 18, 2012, 4:08 pm · #2024
Colonel Gustard on 10:56:00 AM / 18-Jun-12Drove her 309 miles and averaged 26.5 mpg's, not too shabby
 
:notbad:
ProlowtoneJun 19, 2012, 5:15 am · #2025

Got MORE parts with more on the way.... Started to modify shit that was completely unplanned :S Back to it in the morning so i can take my parts to work for "Upgrading"

sideways_s12Jun 20, 2012, 12:54 am · #2026

Unbolted the motor mounts and unplugged some random wireing stuff like alt and starter

I_heart_VVLJun 20, 2012, 11:35 pm · #2027
Colonel Gustard on 10:56:00 AM / 18-Jun-12Drove her 309 miles and averaged 26.5 mpg's, not too shabby

I averaged 20.5 today running 85-90mph on I-30 with constant up hills/down hills. Something isn't right here..
WonderingravenJun 21, 2012, 12:14 am · #2028

I averaged about 14 mpg, Something weird is going on that I am still trying to track down.

StephenGJun 21, 2012, 1:04 am · #2029
I_heart_VVL on 11:35:27 PM / 20-Jun-12I averaged 20.5 today running 85-90mph on I-30 with constant up hills/down hills. Something isn't right here..
Sounds about right. 85-90 takes its toll on your economy.
sideways_s12Jun 21, 2012, 2:43 am · #2030

Got confirmation that the motor im getting has been pulled cant wait to get to work....

spiderwebfxJun 21, 2012, 5:23 am · #2031

Got my spline rod made up to mate the steering column to the S14 steering rack.

Colonel GustardJun 21, 2012, 9:23 am · #2032
I_heart_VVL on 11:35:27 PM / 20-Jun-12I averaged 20.5 today running 85-90mph on I-30 with constant up hills/down hills. Something isn't right here..
Interesting, my speed varied anywhere from 75-95 the whole trip, and had stop and go traffic for a good while as well, my VG must have magical powers lol
tophuS12Jun 21, 2012, 9:32 am · #2033

Found out that my front bumper support is bent. should i just make one?

SchizophrenicMCJun 21, 2012, 11:21 am · #2034
tophuS12 on 09:32:24 AM / 21-Jun-12Found out that my front bumper support is bent. should i just make one?

Bumper support is bent? Check your unibody for damage... In the meantime, you should be able to find one in a salvage yard. I know the one up by me has 2.
Colonel GustardJun 21, 2012, 6:26 pm · #2035

Yeah no stuck injectors on this bad boy that I know of lol

SchizophrenicMCJun 21, 2012, 7:17 pm · #2036
I_heart_VVL on 11:58:49 AM / 21-Jun-12and the one across the street from that one just got an 85 auto notch as well :grinwink:

So there are now 2 autonotches that close to each other?
I_heart_VVLJun 21, 2012, 8:02 pm · #2037

yes and its actually an 88 mk2 notch now that i remember, not 85.
this one is relatively untouched as well.

silvertonJun 22, 2012, 2:25 am · #2038

paint lip and side skirts today.  Had to go to a local napa with a paint mixing department.  a pint of Nissan color code '006' cost me $30 and to get two spray cans was just shy of $19.  4 cans can be made out of a pint, so I still have half a pint when needed elsewhere.

Befores:

You can kinda see the lip in this one.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/181368_483152581701102_744856409_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/251961_483255695024124_941298983_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/250675_483255871690773_1447458357_n.jpg)

Afters:

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/521284_483202541696106_1110835980_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/181419_483255801690780_2124930533_n.jpg)

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/428403_483256055024088_2050713934_n.jpg)

s12richJun 22, 2012, 10:10 am · #2039

looks good man

SchizophrenicMCJun 22, 2012, 10:32 am · #2040

Sexy, sexy, Silverton.

silvertonJun 22, 2012, 1:42 pm · #2041

Next time, I'm masking the car better.  I didn't expect to get over spray on the entire car.  But I guess, doing it in a semi-confined space....

I_heart_VVLJun 22, 2012, 11:12 pm · #2042

washed her for the first time, then went out to the lake with some friends.
also cleaned the shit outta the interior and put it back together.

(http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/ShakotanS12/IMG077.jpg)
excuse the terrible camera screen

that bumper is getting painted asap.

SchizophrenicMCJun 22, 2012, 11:15 pm · #2043

Yeah those bumpers don't stay the right color very well.

StephenGJun 22, 2012, 11:16 pm · #2044

Looked at it and then went and bought an engine hoist to perform an engine swap. Build thread coming next week :)

SchizophrenicMCJun 22, 2012, 11:24 pm · #2045

Shoulda gone KA...

s12richJun 24, 2012, 5:41 pm · #2046

autox sunday baby!!

WonderingravenJun 24, 2012, 6:18 pm · #2047

Ok first things first. I did a few different chances this weekend to my baby.

First I reworked the custom Air Intake, made it shorter so that eliminated the vacuum leak I had.

Next is, I pulled bot turn signals lights in the front just to see how to clean up the covers and look what I found?!?
10 Gauge wire plugged into the 18 gauge wire on the body harness, why such big gauge?!? "ghetto"
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2010.41.42.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2011.09.48.jpg)

Next is I cleaned up the signals lights covers.
Before.
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-17%2015.28.26.jpg)
After, 30 minutes of sanding.
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2016.23.29.jpg)

After that was put back together I couldn't start the car after trying to get it to short out.  I was still successful in doing so, so I went a head and cleaned up the cable after inspecting it.
I accidentally broke the connector that powers the Oil Pressure Sensor. So I fixed it by soldering it back together and added extra wire. Cleaned off the starter and all the connectors, re work the location of the power cable.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2015.40.41.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2015.41.06.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2015.41.12.jpg)

Zip Tied the cable away from the engine, and zip tied the fusible link connectors.
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2016.24.02.jpg)
(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/2012-06-24%2016.24.12.jpg)

turbo-s12Jun 24, 2012, 8:29 pm · #2048

This weekend i did
pads and rotors
ball joints
sway bar bushings and end link
lowered it
wiper motor
painted grill
annddd gave her a bath

(http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r606/turrbos12/24.jpg)

I_heart_VVLJun 24, 2012, 9:06 pm · #2049

This thread needs a no pic, no post policy....

SchizophrenicMCJun 24, 2012, 9:33 pm · #2050
I_heart_VVL on 09:06:54 PM / 24-Jun-12This thread needs a no pic, no post policy....
He says with no pic in his post.