Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

night_s12Mar 27, 2012, 8:14 pm · #1901

didnt do it today but got my radio in finally
(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-13-1.jpg)
now if i could only by center consol pieces from someone once i have money


Post Merge: 04:15:40 PM / 28-Mar-12
Got this in the mail today :) fully loaded; brackets, hardware, pads and shims. Only took me for 33$
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-14.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-15.jpg
Slip n SlideMar 28, 2012, 5:27 pm · #1902

^Day so shiny.  :wideeyed2:

I took out the battery on mine and hooked it up to the charger. It's been very hot here the last couple days, so I'm waiting for some overcast to work on it again.

night_s12Mar 28, 2012, 5:45 pm · #1903

Hell yeah they are. Tokico brakes ftw!
It came with a tag for me to attach to the core but i didnt have to pay a core charge which is wierd. But im just gonna try and fix the leak in my caliper  and sell it on hear

EightySix200SXApr 6, 2012, 4:16 am · #1904

Decided to tear my passenger sideskirt off.... Why ??? because boss!!! Na really the damn drive through median is angled super fucked up. If i were 3" higher seriously would have not been a problem but fuck raising the car.... Zipties and later ill paint my spare set of skirts and throw them on the car eventually......

BattleFairyApr 7, 2012, 2:59 pm · #1905
night_s12 on 08:14:49 PM / 27-Mar-12didnt do it today but got my radio in finally
(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-13-1.jpg)
now if i could only by center consol pieces from someone once i have money

Post Merge: [time]04:15:40 PM / 28-Mar-12 [/time]
Got this in the mail today :) fully loaded; brackets, hardware, pads and shims. Only took me for 33$
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-14.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-15.jpg

i hate you right now! LOL my rebuildkit alone cost twice that much....fucking shipping cost from US + a
night_s12Apr 7, 2012, 4:14 pm · #1906

Lol dam sorry man

WonderingravenApr 7, 2012, 7:20 pm · #1907

I didn't realize till the last minute I was missing the front cover assembly, so I went hunting as first thing this morning. I found a Z31 by mid day and started to remove the bolts and one of the main bolts is stripped to all hell and I almost had it but that is when they said they are closing =( so Me vs Z31 rematch tomorrow morning.

1 Bolt holds it all together, Then I'll finish my 5spd swap.

Jeremy AApr 7, 2012, 7:40 pm · #1908

I'm so happy for you Wondering,  you're so close to achieving true glory...

WonderingravenApr 7, 2012, 7:44 pm · #1909

Aye, hopefully the firebird can hold up another day, it barely made it home =(

night_s12Apr 7, 2012, 7:46 pm · #1910

Just try and take it easy on it

EightySix200SXApr 7, 2012, 8:16 pm · #1911

finally vacuumed my interior out other than that i did absolutely nothing. i was off so she was off

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/EightySix200SX/LFSSHOOT040112/IMG_0336.jpg)

mentalxpreshunApr 9, 2012, 1:53 pm · #1912

@EightySix.. wait wha? Turbo seats? what happened to others?

sideways_s12Apr 9, 2012, 9:26 pm · #1913

Not sure if i posted this but i checked to see if my issue was a bad turbo turns out it is  bad cylinder no. 1 to be exact so it def needs a rebuild...

WonderingravenApr 9, 2012, 9:34 pm · #1914

Today I ordered my extra parts that is missing, including speedo cable etc.. to finish the job and get my s12 on the road again.

EightySix200SXApr 10, 2012, 2:48 am · #1915

Yeah turbo front and rear seats for the notchie. The MKII halo seats are Chillin in the garage.... I gotta thank (mod_mastaz) for hooking me up on the turbogoodness! I love the vision blurring pattern it provides haha.... I do like them better the halo headrest are up for grabs if anyone is interested. The seats may be making there way into a buddies car as his seats are showing age.....

mentalxpreshunApr 10, 2012, 10:11 am · #1916

^how much ya lookin for for the halo seats? holla

Skywarp777Apr 14, 2012, 8:20 pm · #1917

Wiped the Falkens with some Turtle Wax Green Tire spray(this stuff is GREAT!!)... and wiped her down, after waxing her last nite, and also polished up the ole skool SSR EX-Cs. 8)

Shame, I can't drive her around alot, currently... since the rear brakes are being a PITA. :/

TobbethedudeApr 18, 2012, 4:25 pm · #1918

(http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/images/126/125457/125457-68cb45f0641cc0c1f30e8af13c0477bd.jpg)

EightySix200SXApr 20, 2012, 5:04 pm · #1919

Re-bolstering, and back rest/cushion reinforcement with heavy duty foam. Did a customers car and it came out super legit no more ass on the floorpan nor slipping out of the seat

RomeroApr 20, 2012, 5:44 pm · #1920

got new rear struts on Gen'en my S12. she's really stiff in the rear...i kinda like the set up

EightySix200SXApr 20, 2012, 6:53 pm · #1921

What rates are you running

SlimApr 20, 2012, 6:54 pm · #1922

got the car running. im going to go buy a proper wideband today and install it when i put the motor and transmission back in. i hope its coming out on sunday. im going to do a little prep work after work tomorrow so i can pull her sunday and see what is up

TobbethedudeApr 22, 2012, 5:55 am · #1923

Since not every one got the facebook I'll post it here also

(http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541339_10150704055154037_721214036_9518019_1829584054_n.jpg)

WonderingravenApr 22, 2012, 2:06 pm · #1924

Fixed the clutch fan issues, remount the dangling power steering pump. Trying to figure out why my rear light panels keep popping out and wont stay in place and why I don't have reverse lights.

SlimApr 22, 2012, 6:26 pm · #1925

removed my motor and trans.

BattleFairyApr 27, 2012, 4:30 pm · #1926

finished my radiator system
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/485826_3047060257445_1291320639_32252164_1396488252_n.jpg)

200srdriftApr 27, 2012, 10:49 pm · #1927

got the QR and wheel mounted!!!!

(http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww57/matteatock/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9737.jpg)
(http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww57/matteatock/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_6159.jpg)

SlimApr 27, 2012, 11:34 pm · #1928

i pulled my transmission off, and made a build thread about the car. i dont understand how a clutch that is doing everything it needs to be doing, does not disengage!

WonderingravenApr 28, 2012, 2:01 am · #1929

Not understanding why I can't get this vg30e s12 to run in the 16's... I ran 19/20's this time even with the clutch :-(

SlimApr 28, 2012, 6:04 pm · #1930

replaced my pilot bushing, put on the flywheel, starter, and clutch. put my trans back on, put the engine in.

SchizophrenicMCApr 28, 2012, 6:42 pm · #1931
Slim on 11:34:01 PM / 27-Apr-12i pulled my transmission off, and made a build thread about the car. i dont understand how a clutch that is doing everything it needs to be doing, does not disengage!
If it was doing everything it needed to be doing, it wouldn't be not doing what it's supposed to be doing.
night_s12Apr 29, 2012, 1:10 am · #1932

bought these for it
(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-22.jpg)

200srdriftApr 29, 2012, 2:13 pm · #1933
night_s12 on 01:10:09 AM / 29-Apr-12bought these for it
(http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenagdrtbag/sil/temporary-22.jpg)

I want those, those the autozone ones?
night_s12Apr 29, 2012, 2:33 pm · #1934

Yeah only  $20 for the pair or $10 each i gotta wait till next  weekend to put them in

rollingstockApr 29, 2012, 9:38 pm · #1935

started taking the car apart.. installing the turbo/se parts, prepin the car for roll cage, installing brakes, fixed broken glass/latches

200srdriftApr 29, 2012, 9:57 pm · #1936
night_s12 on 02:33:00 PM / 29-Apr-12Yeah only  $20 for the pair or $10 each i gotta wait till next  weekend to put them in

what size you get? Cause don't they come in different lengths or something, I have bought a set in a while.
night_s12Apr 29, 2012, 11:05 pm · #1937

i just got oem ones cause they didnt have any energy suspension onethat were the right length

seishukuApr 29, 2012, 11:11 pm · #1938

Bought some stripper, gonna pull the crappy powder coat off my valve cover finally... Donno after that, maybe a little engine turning? :lol:

WonderingravenApr 29, 2012, 11:15 pm · #1939

Pulled the leaky caliper to see how bad it's leaking... upon doing so the caliper fell apart. So ordered not just that side but the other side is a sticky caliper. 2 rear caliper's are on the way be here Tuesday morning.

myREDcarMANApr 29, 2012, 11:44 pm · #1940

Did a battery Relocate/ short Ram intake install. And also got a new O2 sensor. Sounds like a boss now that she can breathe. lol

SchizophrenicMCApr 30, 2012, 6:08 am · #1941
Wonderingraven on 11:15:17 PM / 29-Apr-12Pulled the leaky caliper to see how bad it's leaking... upon doing so the caliper fell apart. So ordered not just that side but the other side is a sticky caliper. 2 rear caliper's are on the way be here Tuesday morning.
You just can't catch a break, can you Raven? Sounds like me, except you can remotely afford it lol
I_heart_VVLMay 1, 2012, 7:48 pm · #1942
200srdrift on 10:49:28 PM / 27-Apr-12got the QR and wheel mounted!!!!

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww57/matteatock/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9737.jpg
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww57/matteatock/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_6159.jpg

what hub/qr is that?
sideways_s12May 2, 2012, 7:53 pm · #1943

I cleaned it up a bit in the engine bay and found that i don't nearly need that much to get it running so couple hundred bux and a weekend of straight working on it and we should be on the road again provided i can find an 84 fsm in pdf or in paperback form so i can get the pin out straight for the safc2

mentalxpreshunMay 3, 2012, 10:48 am · #1944

^Ooo please lemme know if you locate that 84FSM... I been working off of the downloadable 86FSM on here =\

ArroMay 3, 2012, 12:40 pm · #1945

Today: Spent the morning loosening, tightening, loosening, tightening, tweaking the hood, readjusting grille, tweaking, etc. etc.... until I got the front light covers, hood, and grille properly lined up.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/arrospeed/S12_Tech/S12-front.jpg)

In retrospect, last Thursday: Changed the steering rack. Installed a heat shield over half the air filter.

Last Tuesday: Changed the water pump.

pakii-afaMay 13, 2012, 1:06 am · #1946

bought an s13 rear subframe, started cleaning it and getting it ready for sand blasting. also wire wheeled my "new" fenders to paint them

I_heart_VVLMay 13, 2012, 9:51 pm · #1947

(http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/ShakotanS12/IMG180-1.jpg)

It was nice outside so I threw in my new old as fuck head unit and a shift boot I got from an '84 CA20 car at the yard. That shit has some power seats I kinda want as well... Maybe.
Should have probably cleaned my stereo and shift boot, but I guess that's a project best saved for another day.
Also sanded/primed/painted my newly acquired MK1 grille valence panel thingy courtesy of Schizo. I think I might take a picure of it some day when I go to hacksaw the old one out because its apparantly part of the fender on MK2 cars? I'm a lazy fucker, deal with it.

Edit: I also fucked my starter lol. When I turn the key, nothing at all happens, it doesn't even spin. It spun when I used a screwdriver and jumped it at the starter, but it wasn't engaging on the flywheel.
I <3 cars older than me.

SchizophrenicMCMay 13, 2012, 10:19 pm · #1948

It's tack-welded or soldered to the fenders. Just need to give it some love with an angle-grinder. Or bend it free, if you're into that.

The fun part is gonna be securing the grille to the valence, since it won't clip in anymore. Challenge: Do it without zip ties.

I_heart_VVLMay 13, 2012, 10:40 pm · #1949

I think I will take you up on that challenge.....

If anything I still have the other grille that came with the car itself lol.

SchizophrenicMCMay 13, 2012, 10:57 pm · #1950

MkII grilles will not fit on MkI valences. You mad?