Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

night_s12Mar 2, 2012, 2:01 pm · #1851

Haha now way man wouldn't happen. I just got lucky happened to find one for trade. I wasnt gonna take my lancer up here anyway so it was win win

SchizophrenicMCMar 2, 2012, 6:17 pm · #1852

Tried to find a scrap yard for her. If I can't find one to tow it, I'm just gonna get Scott's Rodeo and drag it to Kennedale, leave it out in front of Apache Foreign with a sign saying "Free car, Apache, it's yours now."

night_s12Mar 2, 2012, 6:52 pm · #1853

Really noone will take it off ur hands? Fuck if i could i would :/

SchizophrenicMCMar 2, 2012, 9:31 pm · #1854

So far, the "Have to have your own tow" has been the main thing killing it.

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2012, 10:59 pm · #1855

Lame!

night_s12Mar 3, 2012, 1:30 am · #1856

Man thats jacked

oshag03Mar 3, 2012, 5:43 am · #1857
night_s12 on 02:01:04 PM / 02-Mar-12Haha now way man wouldn't happen. I just got lucky happened to find one for trade. I wasnt gonna take my lancer up here anyway so it was win win
Eddie, I worked on lancer from 2am till about 15 min ago cleaned the shit out of the egr and pulled the exhaust manifold and knocked out the cat, cars runs like a bat outa hell pretty quick for an auto 2.0 :-)
d_k_jose_s12Mar 3, 2012, 8:28 am · #1858

Maybe that's all it needed a good cleaning and some tlc

Shark808Mar 3, 2012, 10:55 am · #1859

It's been raining off and on for a while here.  I washed the "Big V6" in the morning, perfect weather for it.  Took care of biz, with the only clean car it appeared.  Then toward end of the day it poured rain, into the night...  Glad my parking is covered.  I believe the "Big V6" is the only clean DD on the island.

(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Go_Big_V6_Go.jpg)
WonderingravenMar 3, 2012, 6:31 pm · #1860

Finished putting it back together, had to redo the positive battery post, then also had to go get the battery charged since it was dead =(
and now I have to re-pull the harmonic balancer back off just to figure out what is making that weird noise.

oshag03Mar 3, 2012, 8:47 pm · #1861
d_k_jose_s12 on 08:28:36 AM / 03-Mar-12Maybe that's all it needed a good cleaning and some tlc

And an o2 Sensor its loud and annoying though sounds like a P.O.S honda with a fart can lol
WonderingravenMar 3, 2012, 9:00 pm · #1862

Got it all together now, it ran great around the corner, now it wont start. nothing but turn click =/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_v8kqTL6-o

So pulling the starter in the morning and get it tested, and check my connections to see WTF?!?!?

night_s12Mar 3, 2012, 10:02 pm · #1863

Lol well dam man im glad u made that happen i miss that car alot take care of her. And if u ever decide to sell it give me first dibs please

rednucleusMar 4, 2012, 1:52 am · #1864

Check your wires coming off the positive battery terminal. I see your meter shows no volt drop when you turn the key. mine did the same thing and just needed the wire assembly cleaned and tightened coming off the positve battery terminal. Easier than pulling the starter if that's all it needs!

ProlowtoneMar 4, 2012, 6:56 am · #1865

A lot of under steer and alot of drift. Did my first session tonight and my passenger asked my 3 times "Are you sure you havnt ever done this before?" :D guess that means i did alright.

WonderingravenMar 4, 2012, 3:16 pm · #1866

I got it, it was a long day already and was over looking my hack v1 on the positive cable so I made v2. Now it shouldn't have any more issues.

(http://www.g-funk.net/200sx/IMG_20120304_125530.jpg)

SchizophrenicMCMar 4, 2012, 5:33 pm · #1867

Got rid of her. She's now the property of a new member on the forum. I figure we'll be seeing plenty more of her in the near future.

night_s12Mar 4, 2012, 6:23 pm · #1868

Who would that be?

SchizophrenicMCMar 4, 2012, 9:24 pm · #1869

Nickcaterham. Seemed like a pretty cool dude. He's got one post lol.

night_s12Mar 4, 2012, 10:21 pm · #1870

Lol right on

CamInHeadMar 6, 2012, 4:11 pm · #1871

I bought some exhaust pieces to get mine finished and they arrived today. As I've long decided to get rid I bought a cheap ebay backbox and boy is this thing cheap. Ha, I can see all the weay through it, from inlet to tailpipe, with literally no obstruction ie; little things like baffles!

StephenGMar 6, 2012, 8:16 pm · #1872

I fired it up to prepare it for the drive to the deconstruction zone tomorrow. Must have burned off a whole quart of oil that collected while it sat the last month lol.

Tearing down front suspension this weekend. Woot.

Slip n SlideMar 10, 2012, 6:19 pm · #1873

Did the Z31 ecu + maf upgrade.

Made a new air intake because the first attempt looked like balls.

Oh, and took all this stuff out.

posted image

Still need to get the carpet out. and I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of chiseling away all the goop. Whats the best way to go about that?

Jeremy AMar 10, 2012, 6:23 pm · #1874
Slip n Slide on 06:19:54 PM / 10-Mar-12
Still need to get the carpet out. and I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of chiseling away all the goop. Whats the best way to go about that?


Ahhhh!  You gutted it!  Nice,  and use the tried and true CO2 method to freeze that goop,  then chip away at it while its frozen solid.
DirtyGazeMar 10, 2012, 7:22 pm · #1875
Jeremy A on 06:23:18 PM / 10-Mar-12

Ahhhh!  You gutted it!  Nice,  and use the tried and true CO2 method to freeze that goop,  then chip away at it while its frozen solid.

Ive gutted 2 s12's and an s13 using that method.  2 blocks from your local grocery story should do well.  Besst if done while its cold (helps freeze sound deadening faster)
WonderingravenMar 10, 2012, 8:17 pm · #1876

Something happened with my exhaust last night.

Today I've looked at it and noticed that it is completely broken lol
posted image
posted image
posted image

So now running with a loud exhaust, sounds like a WRX now.

Jeremy AMar 10, 2012, 8:33 pm · #1877

DUDE!  The SAME EXACT thing happened to me a few weeks ago.  I noticed the muffler was hangin loose,  then I just yanked it off of that same spot.  Now I'm running no muffler as well,  except my CA20E sounds exactly like the bosozoku 4 banger cars that you see on those youtube videos, I totally love it,  and there's definitely a powerband shift,  I should have ripped that P.O.S. off sooner.  Funny stuff!

night_s12Mar 10, 2012, 9:10 pm · #1878

Lol exactly where mine is broke

seishukuMar 10, 2012, 9:21 pm · #1879

My muffler is actually bent...
posted image

WonderingravenMar 10, 2012, 10:02 pm · #1880

lol, I'm going to see if I can get them to make me an exhaust tip a mild boso style, lol.

EightySix200SXMar 11, 2012, 10:33 pm · #1881

Rolled around the susnet strip amongst the throngs of high end sports cars that smother this predominant l.a area porches, bentleys, maserattis and still managed to catch the eyes of pedestrians and drivers alike... Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless

night_s12Mar 12, 2012, 1:17 am · #1882
EightySix200SX on 10:33:26 PM / 11-Mar-12Going places knowing your driving something you won't see every five minutes is priceless
^^this
Totally quoting that in my sig now
WonderingravenMar 15, 2012, 8:43 pm · #1883
posted image

Thrush Turbo Exhaust, installed finally.
Next is to finish trying to hunt down an exhaust leak =( bugger is hard to find.
Jeremy AMar 15, 2012, 10:55 pm · #1884

^  That looks f*cking rad bro!  Awesome job!  How's the tone?  Did you weld it up yourself?

WonderingravenMar 15, 2012, 11:40 pm · #1885

I had someone do the welding part for me, I don't have a welder =(
But it sounds not too bad, I can hear my exhaust leak again.

Sean_howell1Mar 16, 2012, 1:32 pm · #1886

parked a newly bought d21 pick up next to it. :)

SchizophrenicMCMar 16, 2012, 7:47 pm · #1887
Sean_howell1 on 01:32:40 PM / 16-Mar-12
parked a newly bought d21 pick up next to it. :)
Hardbody is love.
I_heart_VVLMar 16, 2012, 9:36 pm · #1888

Started her up and drove her around the block a couple times.
Looks like its time for another fucking MAF.

ProlowtoneMar 17, 2012, 7:36 am · #1889

Cracked the head.

night_s12Mar 17, 2012, 11:57 am · #1890

^^ouch :/ howd u do that?
took her to get to the gas station and back

Shark808Mar 19, 2012, 12:23 am · #1891

Sold the Big-V6.  Wanna talk about a response?  FUCK!  Unreal.  Love for the S12 shocked me!  All ages responding.  Bidding war for more than asking price.  I couldn't keep up with emails...  Wish I could make everybody happy.  In the end everyone was a "good sport" about it.  S12 people are cool. 

I will inform new owner of this site, but he may already know.  More important than selling price is the S12 gets garage parking, so no street-parking like a common whore.  Go Big V6 Go!
night_s12Mar 19, 2012, 12:27 am · #1892

Thats sad in general man whyd u sell it

d_k_jose_s12Mar 19, 2012, 12:35 am · #1893

Shark what happen why you had to sell it???
Now who is going to post up those cool pics of the big v6 out in the beach?

Jeremy AMar 19, 2012, 1:28 am · #1894
Shark808 on 12:23:10 AM / 19-Mar-12Sold the Big-V6.  Wanna talk about a response?  FUCK!  Unreal.  Love for the S12 shocked me!  All ages responding.  Bidding war for more than asking price.  I couldn't keep up with emails...  Wish I could make everybody happy.  In the end everyone was a "good sport" about it.  S12 people are cool. 

I will inform new owner of this site, but he may already know.  More important than selling price is the S12 gets garage parking, so no street-parking like a common whore.  Go Big V6 Go!


Seems like it most likely went to a good dude then!  Hey, ya live and let go, right?  I hope you'll still hang around us S12 cronies here on the forum.
Shark808Mar 19, 2012, 1:48 am · #1895

I change cars a lot.  Who knows where I may be a noob next?  The "Big V6" would be bumped to street-parking and rarely used.  Hawaii probably has the best car thieves on the planet.  Even with two alarms the S12 would be gone!  The new owner is older than me (that's right) and probably can own/drive any car he wants.  That's what's so cool about the S12.  From teenagers to fifty-somethings the enthusiasm is the same.  He really wanted this 200sx.

I will be at the beach finishing my autobiography, titled "Black Like Me"!  Maybe I can snap shots of other things?  And Shark will always be around...  Who else will provide action shots when tsunami hits Hawaii?

night_s12Mar 19, 2012, 2:39 am · #1896

ever plan on getting another?

Shark808Mar 19, 2012, 3:37 am · #1897

I wouldn't rule it out, but doubt can find one (especially here) in that original condition.  The engine-bay is amazing, with every little clip, strap, clamp in place.  If the original owner is reading this, you did an amazing job.  Although I'm more impressed with some of you "young bucks" on here.  The stuff you are doing is way beyond what "we" did at your age.  And you act like it's nothing!
cutter67Mar 19, 2012, 5:17 am · #1898
Shark808 on 03:37:19 AM / 19-Mar-12I wouldn't rule it out, but doubt can find one (especially here) in that original condition.  The engine-bay is amazing, with every little clip, strap, clamp in place.  If the original owner is reading this, you did an amazing job.  Although I'm more impressed with some of you "young bucks" on here.  The stuff you are doing is way beyond what "we" did at your age.  And you act like it's nothing!

i doubt if you find another one if you dont mind sharing what type of number did you get for her and maybe a 928 in your furture
ProlowtoneMar 19, 2012, 5:32 am · #1899

Hope to see you around the site still, Send the new owner on over to. Good to see that its not just us young guys that are interested in these cars but a larger age range.
We got Experience, Brute force and sheer determination in our little community which makes for some interesting builds and topics.

Finished doing the diff seal on the Toyota and pulled it out of my garage so i could move my s12 in from the snow/sleet.

Shark808Mar 19, 2012, 5:57 am · #1900

cutter67 on 05:17:37 AM / 19-Mar-12i doubt if you find another one if you dont mind sharing what type of number did you get for her and maybe a 928 in your furture
As you may know I shared what I paid for the S12.  I got a great deal and spent some money...  It basically sold in a day and offers exceeded my asking price of $3K.  I'd like to share the exact sale amount, because understandably it helps others with pricing, but unfortunately can't.  The response was crazy.