Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

DatsmoZAug 13, 2011, 12:05 pm · #1201

Drove all the way to Rialto then back to Oceanside.

Slip n SlideAug 14, 2011, 1:53 am · #1202

Went to another meet tonight. On the way out of the lot  got flagged down by a guy in an Acura asking if I had any parts for my car. I laughed and said "I wish! Why?" and dude whips out his phone n shows me a pic of a good looking red Mark I hatch. Said he'd just saved it from the crusher for 500 bucks. I really wasn't expecting that. I told him to join up on CS12. Guess we'll see if he does or not.

After that me n my buddy went searching for some decent drift spots around Knoxville. Came out more or less empty handed, but we got a couple good runs in at a few places. He busted up his muffler at Wal Mart, but his s13's a champ. Took some good hits and not a thing is wrong with it. It's one stout single cam, that's for sure.

EightySix200SXAug 14, 2011, 5:18 pm · #1203

-washed
-waxed
-rims polished
-vaccumed
-RE-registered
-RE-insured
-degreased engine bay
-LUBED suspension components

went up a few cm on my coils- NOT!

rollingstockAug 14, 2011, 10:36 pm · #1204

removed the aftermarket speakers and put them in my daily.

started her up and drove around the yard and parked it again!. i really need to start drive her again


Post Merge: 10:39:37 PM / 14-Aug-11
Slip n Slide on 01:53:37 AM / 14-Aug-11Went to another meet tonight. On the way out of the lot  got flagged down by a guy in an Acura asking if I had any parts for my car. I laughed and said "I wish! Why?" and dude whips out his phone n shows me a pic of a good looking red Mark I hatch. Said he'd just saved it from the crusher for 500 bucks. I really wasn't expecting that. I told him to join up on CS12. Guess we'll see if he does or not.

After that me n my buddy went searching for some decent drift spots around Knoxville. Came out more or less empty handed, but we got a couple good runs in at a few places. He busted up his muffler at Wal Mart, but his s13's a champ. Took some good hits and not a thing is wrong with it. It's one stout single cam, that's for sure.


shouldnt judge ppl like that. i drive a integra, but i own a swaped s12, build blazer k5. yugo, and have countless motorcycles..
Slip n SlideAug 14, 2011, 11:35 pm · #1205

^ Judge people like what?

Anyways... I got a CB radio today for free. She looks good with the antenna on top. haha

seishukuAug 15, 2011, 6:32 pm · #1206

I ordered 2 new rear tires... I'm currently driving on what are basically slicks.

Nissan86Aug 19, 2011, 2:59 am · #1207

Got some performance style headlights. Looks the same, but I think it's brighter now.

DatsmoZAug 19, 2011, 3:59 am · #1208

Got some performance style headlights. Looks the same, but I think it's brighter now.

EightySix200SXAug 19, 2011, 12:02 pm · #1209

Not.the s12 biut it relates to it cleaned my R200 in prep for somethin nasty

JordanAug 19, 2011, 1:08 pm · #1210

Found a million odds and ends I needed at the parts yard. The big score was a new trunk lid and two e-brake cables that are not seized. Picked up a mint set of notch tails as well.

Colonel GustardAug 19, 2011, 3:17 pm · #1211

took the wheels off, now its sitting on top of 2 rims i had sitting outside, shes down for 2 days

Nissan86Aug 21, 2011, 5:34 am · #1212

It didn't happen today, but I changed the oil before heading up to Rialto.

DatsmoZAug 21, 2011, 6:34 am · #1213

It didn't happen today, but I changed the oil before heading up to Rialto.

roadboy240sxAug 21, 2011, 4:57 pm · #1214

walked out side sprayed the birdshit off the cover thats on it. then went back inside.

ok i cant lie, i didnt even look at it.

MaxpowAug 22, 2011, 2:01 pm · #1215

Limped it home. She is having serious suspension issues, I think the steering rack bolts backed out or something she just bounces all over the damn place and shakes when you go above 25. Steering feel is non existent as well..

Colonel GustardAug 22, 2011, 2:51 pm · #1216

^check steering rack bolts, mine did same thing when i first drove it, 1 bolt was almost out. drove mine to college, she was checking out the fine ass

sam31183Aug 24, 2011, 9:59 pm · #1217

Called up T3 and ordered front coil overs...also, i drove the notch to astoria for groceries and ish...no big deal.

1984 s-12Aug 24, 2011, 10:44 pm · #1218

changed wires, spark plugs, fuel filter. turned the key and it didn't turn on, the spark plugs on the exhaust side were full of oil.
 checked the firing orders they were all correct. checked for spark in each spark plug, all good except for one ignition coil (can that be the problem)

JayAug 25, 2011, 1:51 am · #1219

Looked at it.
Angrily

WonderingravenAug 25, 2011, 1:57 am · #1220

Drove it, and it almost overheated... Need to inspect what the problem might be.
it does have rusty water inside. I think I need to drain and flush it.

JordanAug 25, 2011, 3:06 pm · #1221
Wonderingraven on 01:57:06 AM / 25-Aug-11Drove it, and it almost overheated... Need to inspect what the problem might be.
it does have rusty water inside. I think I need to drain and flush it.

My radiator is filled with crap after sitting a while. I flushed it with a hose and its been much better. Your thermostat might be sticking as well.
iceagegAug 25, 2011, 3:18 pm · #1222

I would refrain from putting hose water in your cooling system.  Mineral deposits do evil things inside a radiator.  Certainly flush it out though.

WonderingravenAug 25, 2011, 5:23 pm · #1223

yep I know that one. I dunno why but it's all rusty water looking inside, hopefully I wont need a power flush but might.

Colonel GustardAug 26, 2011, 12:02 am · #1224

oil change, and drove her around

silvertonAug 26, 2011, 1:07 am · #1225
Wonderingraven on 05:23:09 PM / 25-Aug-11yep I know that one. I dunno why but it's all rusty water looking inside, hopefully I wont need a power flush but might.

Probably rusty because someone flushed it out with hose water ;)
imtheguy247Aug 26, 2011, 1:18 pm · #1226

Replace the Starter. Never doing THAT again...

JayAug 26, 2011, 2:30 pm · #1227
imtheguy247 on 01:18:51 PM / 26-Aug-11Replace the Starter. Never doing THAT again...
?????? Starters on the S12 are easy as hell.
silvertonAug 26, 2011, 2:36 pm · #1228
Jay on 02:30:17 PM / 26-Aug-11?????? Starters on the S12 are easy as hell.

Maybe on the four cylinders!  I rue the day I need to replace the starter in my car!
JayAug 26, 2011, 2:56 pm · #1229

Psh.
Do a starter on a dodge neon once.
Or a volkswagen Jetta once.

Then you'll know they're easy as hell. As even the VG doesn't require you to remove half the engine bay, and half the engine. And remove half the engine from the subframe to lift it just enough.

But, in usual Jay fashion.
The VG Strikes again!

imtheguy247Aug 26, 2011, 4:31 pm · #1230

Well when you've only got a pair of vice grips, in that tiny space, the shit starts to hit the ceiling...

Colonel GustardAug 26, 2011, 4:35 pm · #1231

starters are easy on VG's

silvertonAug 26, 2011, 4:39 pm · #1232

Starters are NOT easy on 4 wheel drive pathfinder's.  Unless you have a 3" body lift.

Colonel GustardAug 26, 2011, 4:46 pm · #1233

4 wheel drive is for sissies, those dont count lol. on SE's theyre cake

DirtyGazeAug 26, 2011, 5:18 pm · #1234

Peed on rear drivers side tire...

Shes ready for the meet

tdawgS12Aug 27, 2011, 2:21 am · #1235

delivered some tasty chinese food (thanks again to colonel gustard for the maf), then parked her far from any trees in preparation for irene.

sam31183Aug 27, 2011, 1:55 pm · #1236

yesterday i got new front rotors, wheel bearings, and pads in preparation for the front coil over swap....


Post Merge: 05:03:47 PM / 27-Aug-11
Ordered rear springs and sleeves and picked up my rotors pads and bearings. The lowest spring rate they had in sss 5x8 was 550 pounds...going to make the car interesting.
sam31183Aug 31, 2011, 1:01 am · #1237

bump....

(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/303088_10150773563350387_695415386_20562458_3198299_n.jpg)

(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/296678_10150773562775387_695415386_20562453_4924880_n.jpg)

(http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/291718_10150773563670387_695415386_20562460_2112308_n.jpg)

now just waiting for the back springs and sleeves to show up...

86foreverAug 31, 2011, 1:11 am · #1238

I was trying to install my 300zx calipers but someone in this form toll me and sold me, that they where 30mm calipers! but they are not!!!! turbos12 (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/91integra_bucket/utf-8BSU1BRzA1OTYuanBn.jpg) (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/91integra_bucket/utf-8BSU1BRzA1OTUuanBn.jpg) thanks alot! turbos12! now my car is down!!!  :glare: any one want to trade 30mm calipersfor 26mm???

sideways_s12Aug 31, 2011, 6:31 pm · #1239

chopped up my exhaust on the black car and about to actually finish the bumper.....

Driftking74Sep 1, 2011, 12:44 pm · #1240

Heading to the yard to grab more s12 parts! There are 3 s12's here. 2 notch, 1 Hatch and all the cars are miine. None of them have been touched by anyone but me! :) except one time when a dude came just for one of the distributers. Ive only seen one other person with a s12 in the area and he drives the blue notch with the s13 bumper setup and the sr20 platform ( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2600921/1984-nissan-200sx ). Dont think he'll be messing with them cars in the yard.

vegasS12Sep 1, 2011, 1:08 pm · #1241

is the notch a MKI?

sam31183Sep 1, 2011, 1:17 pm · #1242

tie rod end turned out to be shot on the passenger side yesterday when i went to go get the front of the car aligned....now i have to wait until friday or monday for a new one to show up from spokane and then i can get the front aligned....the rear springs and sleeves should be showing up tomorrow. I also talked to a friend of mine who works at another shop in town right next to the gas station i work at and he had a book that listed a rear camber kit for the back of the s12...it also listed the kit for the 280zx, 300zx, and the maxima....so i should hopefully be able to lose some of the camber no problemo after lowering the back down.

iceagegSep 1, 2011, 3:30 pm · #1243

Would that be "the gas station" in Seaview or "the gas station" in Long Beach?

sam31183Sep 2, 2011, 1:45 am · #1244

there are two in seaview...i work at the texaco...the other station is a shell. My brother works at sids, and his wife works at the pharmacy in downtown. I live behind great northwest credit union, its the brown one north of the go karts...

silvertonSep 2, 2011, 3:52 am · #1245

Looked at her as i drove away in my pathfinder.  dumb cunt.

just kidding, but seriously, she didn't move today.

JordanSep 2, 2011, 6:54 pm · #1246

New FSM's. I needed these bad.

(http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq277/Jordansgarage/IMG_20110902_164029.jpg)

Colonel GustardSep 2, 2011, 8:27 pm · #1247

drove it to school, and loaded her up with 4 chicks ;)

CamInHeadSep 3, 2011, 12:45 pm · #1248

Paid for a set of R32 GTR wheels. Yeah!

Colonel Gustard on 08:27:39 PM / 02-Sep-11drove it to school, and loaded her up with 4 chicks ;)

KFC ?

vegasS12Sep 3, 2011, 1:05 pm · #1249

puting together my freshly powdercoated z32 calipers with new seals and all.

silvertonSep 3, 2011, 1:38 pm · #1250
CamInHead on 12:45:41 PM / 03-Sep-11Paid for a set of R32 GTR wheels. Yeah!

Nice!  I really like the looks of those, but very rare on this side of the water!