Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Colonel GustardJul 19, 2011, 1:23 pm · #1101

put on a new speedo cable, yay my speedos back

JordanJul 19, 2011, 1:25 pm · #1102
Colonel Gustard on 01:23:03 PM / 19-Jul-11put on a new speedo cable, yay my speedos back

Just did that the other day too. Mine was melted by the exhaust.
ProlowtoneJul 22, 2011, 1:37 am · #1103

Found out that i never closed the hatch hard enough so the light stayed on and killed my battery, as i was going to move it from the guest parking and to the rear complex parking. Had to push the car up to my garage and charge the battery till it started and took 2 laps to charge the battery up. Then parked it so that my passenger door is against the big rose bush in back.

WonderingravenJul 22, 2011, 1:38 am · #1104

pulled the alt, tested the alt, alt turned out to be good. So back to square 1.
putting it back together, check the fuses, then check the vacum leaks.

sam31183Jul 22, 2011, 2:03 am · #1105

yesterday the neighbor girl who i have like never talked to came into my work and told me how much she loved how the s12 looks and sounds....:)

Today i ran it around the loop before i went to work...fun times. :)

S12-ARJul 22, 2011, 2:18 am · #1106

INSTALLED MY Z SHIFTER!

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/NewPics002-1.jpg)
(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/NewPics001.jpg)

mentalxpreshunJul 22, 2011, 4:55 am · #1107

found out my electronically controlled seat adjuster works... well, thigh and back adjustments work, but not side bolsters... a lil stoked but a lil bummed... the foam padding is crumbling and falling out the bottom =( wondering if I can transfer the seat adjusting mech and bags to a new seat if I find a better one at the yards...

MaxpowJul 22, 2011, 2:53 pm · #1108

Drove it really fucking hard, raped the 5 south, then the 5 north, few traffic carving trips to triple digit land, then parked her for an oil change.

ashleyanneJul 22, 2011, 5:18 pm · #1109

Spilled a bunch of laundry degergent behind my passenger seat taking a friend to the laundry mat.

(http://i54.tinypic.com/9arfjl.jpg)

Then used his shop vac to clean it up.

MaxpowJul 22, 2011, 5:26 pm · #1110

haha I've done that.

JayJul 22, 2011, 7:50 pm · #1111

I have too.
But it was liquid :(

ashleyanneJul 22, 2011, 8:04 pm · #1112

I buy powder because its cheap. But its half gone now so I lose.

JordanJul 22, 2011, 9:07 pm · #1113

New Exhaust
(http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq277/Jordansgarage/Flowmaster.jpg)

heithJul 23, 2011, 1:17 am · #1114

got yelled at from a crazy man in jeep Cherokee
after he passed me and another car
we were at a red light at this time
told me to pull over so he can talk to me
i told him to call the police if he has any issue with me
to me to "fucking pull over now!"
i asked him if he was a police officer
his reply was "fucking pull over now or else"
light went green and i turned right and left him behind

silvertonJul 23, 2011, 1:27 am · #1115
Jordan on 09:07:19 PM / 22-Jul-11New Exhaust
(http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq277/Jordansgarage/Flowmaster.jpg)

Looks good, what muffler is that?

Seems like tires might be the next thing on your shopping list ;)
seishukuJul 23, 2011, 1:32 am · #1116

Looks like a Flowmaster 40 or a knockoff... That'll be loud as hell.

I wonder what that nutjob wanted though...

BabyJul 23, 2011, 4:08 am · #1117

Parked it by my other car
(http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/Baby_Nugent/CIMG0050.jpg)

JordanJul 23, 2011, 4:10 am · #1118
seishuku on 01:32:26 AM / 23-Jul-11Looks like a Flowmaster 40 or a knockoff... That'll be loud as hell.

I wonder what that nutjob wanted though...

Flowmaster indeed. I picked up a new set of rear tires today as well. Its not that loud but I might add a glasspack later. It actually sounds great.

And that "nutjob" is the best exhaust guy in town :)
DeezusJul 23, 2011, 9:22 am · #1119
ashleyanne on 05:18:32 PM / 22-Jul-11Spilled a bunch of coke behind my passenger seat taking a friend to the brothel.

(http://i54.tinypic.com/9arfjl.jpg)

Then used my nose to clean it up.

MaxpowJul 23, 2011, 11:48 am · #1120
Jordan on 04:10:43 AM / 23-Jul-11
And that "nutjob" is the best exhaust guy in town :)

Think he's talking about the cherokee driver that the other guy mentioned.

P.S. - Sick that your car is coming along so well Jordan!
Jeremy AJul 23, 2011, 11:55 am · #1121

Jordan what, more specifically, does the flowmaster sound like?

sam31183Jul 23, 2011, 1:54 pm · #1122

i had a glass pack and a no name muffler for an exhaust for awhile....i hated it. Now I am 2 and a half all the way back to a megan/obx and couldnt be happier.

decoJul 23, 2011, 4:07 pm · #1123

i sat in my office looking out the window at my car when i sudenly realized that about this time in 2 weeks ill be pulling the et out of her and prepping her for a heart transplant. yippie i am sooo fuckinf stoked i cant even take it.

on another note i got a 2" with stock cat all the way back to a 2.25" magnaflow on my crappy accent. that thing sounds sooo bad ass, most are convinced i have big ass cams, and higher than normal compression on it, but no its stock.. really lame and stock.

silvertonJul 23, 2011, 5:13 pm · #1124

Baby... 20 years old and you own a GTR? Wish I had made better life choices. yeesh!

Raced a few cars last night.

What looked like an early '00s Passat.  Had him from a dig, twice, but he pulled away pretty quick.

Turbo Civic.  I didn't stand a chance.

Turbo VW Rabbit?  Again, I didn't stand a chance.

Durango.  Pulled away with ease, surprisingly after I watched it decimate another car.

I would have probably had a much easier time if I had a 5 speed and 4.11 or 4.30 rear gearing.  But, I wonder how many of the people there could say they get 28mpg cruising on the freeway at 75mph while still having the power and torque of a v6... :D

JordanJul 23, 2011, 8:48 pm · #1125
Jeremy A on 11:55:54 AM / 23-Jul-11Jordan what, more specifically, does the flowmaster sound like?

I'll try to get a video of it. I'm not sure I could capture it with my phone though. Its got a good sound for racing or around town.  I might quiet it down with a bit if I decide to take it on a long trip.

This video is close but he must have headers or something making it louder than mine:
sideways_s12Jul 23, 2011, 11:04 pm · #1126

Not bad I've heard better but have definetly heard worse lol. I haven't done shit to my car since I swapped turbo's oh but my apt flooded so we had to move and still trying to catch up on bills once I do I can go 60trim but alas that prob won't happen for a bit.....

WonderingravenJul 23, 2011, 11:28 pm · #1127

Finally got unlazy and installed the Altanator I took off the other day to test if it's good or not. Installed the power steering belt, found a broken wire from the dizzy to the wiring harness, the one on the harness was hard to track down but found it!  Reworked the vaccum leads, found out that i was missing 1 vaccum tubes, and 2 tube where in the wrong spots.

Still has a rough idle, but it doesn't stall out when it's idling now. I'm done for the night since I work early AM, will do more when I get home. I will also dump some seafoam in the fuel tank tomorrow to help clean out the fuel injections.

BabyJul 24, 2011, 3:38 am · #1128

lol I wish I had a gtr... The GTR is some asshole's that goes to my college.

mentalxpreshunJul 25, 2011, 11:54 am · #1129

Blinkers were buzzing when trying to use them, so I took it apart and threw some dielectric grease at the contacts last night and success,
BUT, came out to her this morning to go to work and found a puddle of water closer to the front center of the motor, not the radiator leaking... had to take the Stang to work and now suffering wondering what the leak is coming from =(

Low594Jul 25, 2011, 7:56 pm · #1130

Found a worn tire! :( went to Americas Tire, got hooked up with a new Falken, new lug nuts and valve stems!  Tomorrow is the alignment!

Colonel GustardJul 25, 2011, 9:38 pm · #1131

drove it 135 miles today on 20 bux of gas at 3.89 a gallon, do the math its 26mpgs!!! also redid my door and hatch trim(much thanks to EightySix, Maxpow, and DirtyGaze you guys kick ass

cory matthewsJul 25, 2011, 11:21 pm · #1132

Clutch slave took a dump right as I was almost home.  Had to push it through an intersection.  The mounting holes in the new part from Advance were too small.  I didn't have any drill bits at the time so I forced the bolts through and basically cut threads.  I bolted it back up and its working fine, but I'll have to bore out those holes in a couple of days.

sam31183Jul 25, 2011, 11:39 pm · #1133

i was doing 50 in a 45 and a beat up geo convertible tried to pass me....he was hanging out in the other lane for like a day and a half so i dropped 4th and left him behind...and i laughed hard about it.

WonderingravenJul 26, 2011, 12:17 am · #1134

Decided to put the old TPS sensor because this plug wont fit on the harness all the way, then I lost the only screw left for the sensor. The other screw broke inside the throttle body.  So I've decided to hunt down an KA24E 60mm throttle body with the screws for the attachment of the TPS.

spiderwebfxJul 26, 2011, 12:58 am · #1135

Watched my new engine pull up next to the S12.
Complete S15 SR20DE is now parked next to it waiting for the engine bay to be cleaned and painted before it's dropped in.

MaxpowJul 26, 2011, 7:31 pm · #1136
Colonel Gustard on 09:38:23 PM / 25-Jul-11drove it 135 miles today on 20 bux of gas at 3.89 a gallon, do the math its 26mpgs!!! also redid my door and hatch trim(much thanks to EightySix, Maxpow, and DirtyGaze you guys kick ass


And I did my oil change at your house finally! Weeeeeeee.
Low594Jul 27, 2011, 1:28 am · #1137

Yesterday, I swapped the lower headlight adjuster screws for ones from a S13 so I can adjust the height without pulling the facia or the running lights, just have to trim the facia out for the screw.

Today, I mounted the Hella 500 fogs, but I think I am going to redo the mounting, not quite happy with it, but they sure do look good!

silvertonJul 28, 2011, 7:08 pm · #1138

Got tired of the sealed beams, so I went ahead and bought a pair of Neolite H4 conversion lights with bulb shield.  They are Cibie knock offs, I had them in my CelicaSupra and liked them, not bad for 50 bucks to my door!

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/IMG_20110728_114327.jpg)

Installed, and you can see Maaco's lovely paintjob....
(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/IMG_20110728_130530.jpg)

Tonight I will be aligning them, I know the passenger side is higher than the driver side... kinda due to my slight incident on the driver side bucket.
(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/IMG_20110728_131845.jpg)

WonderingravenJul 28, 2011, 7:13 pm · #1139

pulling off the old throttle body prepping for the new one to arrive.

axlegreaseJul 28, 2011, 9:47 pm · #1140

Painted all the chrome trim on my car black

(http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/axlegrease87/2011-07-24184259.jpg)

and installed me some mudflaps  :yay!:

(http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/axlegrease87/2011-07-26173516.jpg)


Post Merge: [time]11:00:45 PM / 28-Jul-11 [/time]
Nissan86Jul 28, 2011, 10:08 pm · #1141

(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/003_1157426f70469816_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=3595694259413226495&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=6EurJFYCkkzwnUcUz01x)

Slapped on fog lights! :3

DatsmoZJul 28, 2011, 11:08 pm · #1142

(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/003_1157426f70469816_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=3595694259413226495&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=6EurJFYCkkzwnUcUz01x)

Slapped on fog lights! :3

sideways_s12Jul 28, 2011, 11:42 pm · #1143

Nothin yet about to order some stuff for my exhaust leak like gaskets and locking nuts to perm stop it...

sam31183Jul 29, 2011, 1:27 am · #1144

I set off my first car alarm going through town today with my exhaust...:D

sideways_s12Jul 29, 2011, 3:08 am · #1145

Lol been doing that for years

KustamogenJul 29, 2011, 10:19 am · #1146

took off the tranny to double check everything was on correctly, clutch fork and such! Looks alllllll good! Today its a little bit of degreasing and cleaning whilst i wait for some gaskets to arrive!!!

CamInHeadJul 30, 2011, 7:07 am · #1147
axlegrease on 09:47:14 PM / 28-Jul-11Painted all the chrome trim on my car black

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/axlegrease87/2011-07-24184259.jpg

and installed me some mudflaps  :yay!:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k525/axlegrease87/2011-07-26173516.jpg

Post Merge: [time]11:00:45 PM / 28-Jul-11 [/time]

No chrome = awesome. I hate that stuff on mine.
Colonel GustardJul 30, 2011, 10:40 am · #1148

^those mudflaps sure do look awefully familiar lol

sideways_s12Jul 30, 2011, 7:53 pm · #1149

Bout to add coolant

cory matthewsAug 2, 2011, 10:04 pm · #1150

(http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/mfilion/85%20200sx%20Turbo/100_1063.jpg)
Got my new oem keys and had them cut using the original code.  This is a pic of original vs. new. I edited the picture so you can't actually read the code.