Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Jeremy ASep 14, 2011, 3:50 am · #1301

Drove to a friends and the clouds made for a nice photo.
(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/S12JKS3.jpg)

silvertonSep 14, 2011, 1:39 pm · #1302

This is a testarossa!  The tails are a bit different than you car you took a pic of as well.

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Ferrari_512_TR_-_001.jpg/800px-Ferrari_512_TR_-_001.jpg)

And anytime is a good time to take a picture of a white car jeremy!

sideways_s12Sep 15, 2011, 2:18 am · #1303

Changed a bunch of shit ignitor coil packs and tps and still have the same problem lol the issue got better but not 100%

Shark808Sep 15, 2011, 3:14 am · #1304

Some are too young (and lucky) to remember Crockett.  And that "kit kar" in the back.

(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Two_Miami_Vice_Ferraris.jpg)

silvertonSep 15, 2011, 3:17 am · #1305

Watched it roll over 125,000 miles.  *tear* seems like just yesterday that i got it with 113,000!!

Colonel GustardSep 15, 2011, 11:51 am · #1306

got a new stereo for it, cant wait to install it

iceagegSep 15, 2011, 12:55 pm · #1307

Crockett's Testarossa was a kit car too, not just the convertible in the background.

sam31183Sep 15, 2011, 1:38 pm · #1308

i was driving home yesterday and the ka had a stutter...i was doing 55 and it had no power for a second...i thought it had died totally...after like 3 or 4 seconds it started to throttle back up as i slowly eased my foot into the gas...not sure what was up with that. I checked my oil when i got home and it was low...like half a quart maybe...which was weird cuz i checked it the day before and it was fine...:/

tdawgS12Sep 15, 2011, 10:39 pm · #1309

immortalized it in corel painter 12

(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c360/tdawg944/s12logo.jpg)

it shall be my new sig XD

on another note, hope to have a silvia badge some day

SchizophrenicMCSep 17, 2011, 10:15 pm · #1310

Started to rebuild my wiring harness (finally). Half the wires go to nowhere, a quarter are disconnected from their junctions, and the rest is jury-rigged.

I have to wonder who sold this guy the engine with no harness, because I don't see any way it could be so disjointed than it was built from a CA20E harness.

Oh and the ignitor's from a J30. Last I checked that was a V6, and had a fundamentally different firing order than an I4. It's no wonder the car doesn't run. It's got a KA MAF, a J30 ignitor, half its wires missing, and a battery terminal for its main junction.

What I've learned: Never trust a Mexican teenager about a car that's older than he is. And only sometimes trust your buddy to tell you you're an idiot for even considering said car. -__-

WonderingravenSep 17, 2011, 10:17 pm · #1311

Daily driving it :-)

CamInHeadSep 18, 2011, 3:29 am · #1312
SchizophrenicMC on 10:15:59 PM / 17-Sep-11

.....What I've learned: Never trust a Mexican teenager about a car that's older than he is....


LOL - very possibily sig worthy.
Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 4:41 am · #1313
iceageg on 11:55:54 AM / 15-Sep-11Crockett's Testarossa was a kit car too, not just the convertible in the background.
We could play semantics but let the facts speak for themselves.

Enzo Ferrari filed a lawsuit demanding that McBurnie and others cease producing and selling Ferrari replicas, because they were taking his name and styling.  As a result, the vehicle lasted until season 3, at which point it was blown to pieces in the season three premiere episode, "When Irish Eyes Are Crying".  The fake Ferraris were removed from the show, with Ferrari donating two brand new 1986 Testarossasas replacements.  When Ferrari saw the black 'Daytona', he was convinced that it did not stand out in the night-time scenes very well; thus, the new Miami Vicecar was produced in WHITE. Ferrari continued this color in production for the Testarossa only.

posted image

Back to Topic...
I_heart_VVLSep 18, 2011, 12:56 pm · #1314
SchizophrenicMC on 10:15:59 PM / 17-Sep-11....Never trust a Mexican teenager about a car that's older than he is...

Hey now, were not all that bad Tongue

hahahahaha thats goin in my sig btw.
CamInHeadSep 18, 2011, 1:44 pm · #1315

ah shit beat me to it.....I'll have it elsewhere lol!

Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 2:08 pm · #1316
SchizophrenicMC on 10:15:59 PM / 17-Sep-11What I've learned: Never trust a Mexican teenager about a car that's older than he is...
I found that a little racist, especially coming from somebody in Texas, where heavy Mexican gang population are teens.  I hope you're an Ese.  But not knowing your age maybe you're an old fart like me.  One thing I like about the new generation, "they are color blind."  And to me that's a good thing.

Something about negative social media printing of "Mexicans."  I wouldn't say anything bad about Mexicans.  I LOVE MEXICANS.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/09/14/mexico.violence/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Back to topic.
CamInHeadSep 18, 2011, 2:27 pm · #1317

Wow, shark, that joke went right over your head huh ?

red87200Sep 18, 2011, 2:39 pm · #1318

Finished the ic piping, put rad back in along with coolant, hooked up battery to start her and guess what!? Dead battery! Why must she do this to me.

Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 2:43 pm · #1319
CamInHead on 02:27:01 PM / 18-Sep-11Wow, shark, that joke went right over your head huh ?

UK and humor?  Right!  And since you don't post your AGE what level shall I stoop?  Is there a minimum age? 
Have you lived along a southern border state?  Ever been in Mexico?  Baja California?  Witnessed family crossings...  There is a lot of tension and it's still building in the southern states.  They may not "get" your sense of humor.  Some of those guys don't really have a sense of humor and I'd stay away from the topic of "heads."  Sometimes they're just looking for examples.

Now try to stay on topic before I get scoldings.
I_heart_VVLSep 18, 2011, 4:12 pm · #1320

i "get" the sense of humor.

i am also mexican.

Im sure no one on here will mind anyway, we all know he means no harm Tongue
I also highly doubt theres any type of gang "ese's" on here as well. LOL.

Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 4:18 pm · #1321
I_heart_VVL on 04:12:22 PM / 18-Sep-11i "get" the sense of humor.

i am also mexican.

Im sure no one on here will mind anyway, we all know he means no harm Tongue
I also highly doubt theres any type of gang "ese's" on here as well. LOL.

And you also choose not to post your age.  Why is that?  Something to hide?  Folks if you don't post your AGE I can't take you seriously.  And you LOL at your own so called joke. 

Seriously thinking I'm too old for this place.  At 52 y/o I post my age.  What the fuck could be worse? 
seishukuSep 18, 2011, 4:43 pm · #1322

I work with guys that are 50+ and they still act like a bunch of 3 year olds.

I_heart_VVLSep 18, 2011, 4:44 pm · #1323
Shark808 on 04:18:36 PM / 18-Sep-11And you also choose not to post your age.  Why is that?  Something to hide?
yeah bro. im a mexican gang teenager, whos part of the drug cartel. But dont tell anyone. rolleyes

I dont post my age for exactly that reason; no one would take me seriously, even moreso.
(Not that they do already, but nonetheless.)

and i LOL'd @ the fact that you took something so small, like a joke, waaayyyy outta proportion.
Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 4:55 pm · #1324
I_heart_VVL on 04:44:46 PM / 18-Sep-11yeah bro. im a mexican gang teenager, whos part of the drug cartel. But dont tell anyone. rolleyes

I dont post my age for exactly that reason; no one would take me seriously, even moreso.
(Not that they do already, but nonetheless.)

and i LOL'd @ the fact that you took something so small, like a joke, waaayyyy outta proportion.

You don't post your age because you're a PUSSY.  It's easy to spot a POSER.  Poor excuse for a Mexican is what you are!
Now I'm ageless...
I_heart_VVLSep 18, 2011, 5:09 pm · #1325

Hahahahah! Who put the sand in your vagina?
Please enlighten me, how does not posting my age make me a pussy, a poser, and a poor excuse as a mexican? Please show me.

I can do whatever the FUCK i want, if I dont want to post my age im not going to. If you dont like it, TOUGH SHIT. Its the fucking internet and if you dont like it, theres a little shortcut called "Alt + F4." AKA, the big red button with an "X" on the very top right hand corner for you "old farts."

silvertonSep 18, 2011, 5:09 pm · #1326

Like, the last 8 posts have had nothing to do about what you did to your s12 today!  ROFL

I drove it, got a little squirrely in the rain.  I find putting it in 2nd really helps the take off.  And admired it from a slight distance, these really are very pretty cars.

sam31183Sep 18, 2011, 5:16 pm · #1327

Has it been pissing rain up north like it has been down here on the coast all day?

SchizophrenicMCSep 18, 2011, 5:20 pm · #1328

Looked at my S12 and remembered I live in Texas. And have an incredible amount of experience with Mexicans. More than likely, more so than a dude from Hawaii. I've learned the Mexicans on this side of the border are all talk. You've got more chance of getting hurt by a Viet dude, here.

Anyway, the harness rebuild continues. I'm considering getting a Q45 ignitor.

And I just realized I left my back window open, Friday night, and it rained for the first time in months.

Shark808Sep 18, 2011, 5:20 pm · #1329
I_heart_VVL on 05:09:07 PM / 18-Sep-11on the very top right hand corner for you "old farts."

NOW his age is showing.  Little pussy.  Last entry of mine here.  I'd delete the last 9 posts too!  

I'm outta here folks!  The kiddie stuff is too much for this "old fart."  Nice meeting some of you.  Aloha!!!
Jeremy ASep 18, 2011, 5:34 pm · #1330

Wow.

I took mine to a jam sesh.
posted image

silvertonSep 18, 2011, 6:04 pm · #1331
sam31183 on 05:16:57 PM / 18-Sep-11Has it been pissing rain up north like it has been down here on the coast all day?

Off and on, yes!  I live pretty close to the water, but I was going through Renton today and had to actually turn my wipers on steady instead of the fastest intermittent!

Post Merge: 06:05:22 PM / 18-Sep-11
Jeremy A on 05:34:14 PM / 18-Sep-11I took mine to a jam sesh.
posted image

jeez, your "trunk" light is super bright!
StephenGSep 18, 2011, 7:11 pm · #1332
SchizophrenicMC on 05:20:22 PM / 18-Sep-11Looked at my S12 and remembered I live in Texas. And have an incredible amount of experience with Mexicans.
+1 lol... Growing up in North Central GP, my schools were like 50% hispanic. Don't worry bout it Shark. There aint any texanos gonna get offended at a comment like that. De nada!
SchizophrenicMCSep 18, 2011, 7:17 pm · #1333

^ My Mexican friends all take such jokes jokingly. Gotta love 'em Tejanos.

Anyway, I was asked if my car was a Corolla, today. By a Canadian Mormon missionary. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Colonel GustardSep 18, 2011, 7:19 pm · #1334

backed it up about 15feet to the front of my house. some people walking by yelled at me "car sounds sick bro" as i was getting out. then stared at it for a while

Sean_howell1Sep 18, 2011, 8:02 pm · #1335

Working on cleaning my interior, and no im not missing steering wheel, i was messing with the panaromic function on my camera
posted image
posted image
Removed a fancy dent and painted kickboard.
posted image
Another panoramic pic Cheesy
posted image
Nissan tool bag i found in compartment in trunk.
posted image

sam31183Sep 19, 2011, 6:55 pm · #1336

Bottomed out my exhaust doing 75 mph on the loop...loud ass scratching sound...no doubt there where sparks.

Colonel GustardSep 19, 2011, 7:31 pm · #1337

been driving her around. talked dirty to her a bit and rubbed her favorite spot under the driverside fender

tophuS12Sep 19, 2011, 8:55 pm · #1338

i Found this.posted image

SchizophrenicMCSep 19, 2011, 9:14 pm · #1339

^ Fun, fun.

silvertonSep 19, 2011, 9:41 pm · #1340

I find the green stuff preserves cylindr walls.  I bet you have a nice CR with the crooked piston too, that's how I prefer mine.

Colonel GustardSep 19, 2011, 10:24 pm · #1341

that piston was trying to position itself for reverse

myREDcarMANSep 19, 2011, 11:50 pm · #1342

I polished her up nicely, so now she shines...and the spoiler isnt that nasty faded grey/black.....jus a nice gloss black. And banged out the dent in the front fender.....so nm but still a good day.

JaySep 20, 2011, 2:29 am · #1343

Looked at it and giggled. Because I know it's going to get very jealous over the next few days.
So I turned it around, facing away from the BMW.

iceagegSep 20, 2011, 7:07 am · #1344

Contacted the current owner to get additional pics and talk price . . . looks like my search may be over soon!  More notchy goodness for me!

Sam . . . which loop?

sam31183Sep 20, 2011, 11:13 am · #1345

Loop 100/cape disappointment

MaxpowSep 20, 2011, 11:15 am · #1346

LOL That shark guy is gone now? That's unfortunate.

So anyways don't personally own an s12 and the only thing wrong with the secura notch (which now has a 255lph fuel pump, and is ALL hooked up)... only problem is it has a coolant leak so I am trying to find it, they really made the ca20 a pain.

As far as the accent:
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

Need to install the 1inch spacers as well

iceagegSep 20, 2011, 11:29 am · #1347

MMmmmm.  Took the kids up around cape disapointment my last visit . . . good road after the tourists are gone.  Not many sections of that road that allow 75 for very long.

Colonel GustardSep 20, 2011, 11:48 am · #1348

oh snaps, i see the rims finally made it, boba looks sick man

sam31183Sep 20, 2011, 12:39 pm · #1349
iceageg on 11:29:55 AM / 20-Sep-11MMmmmm.  Took the kids up around cape disapointment my last visit . . . good road after the tourists are gone.  Not many sections of that road that allow 75 for very long.


Brothers friend has a really built Audi wagon that can hit 100 in one of the straights....its really scary!

Post Merge: 12:57:07 PM / 20-Sep-11
btw here is a thread of shame from an off i had on the loop about a year ago....

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31943.msg325230#msg325230
ProlowtoneSep 21, 2011, 6:00 am · #1350

Running like a damn champ yay! Snapped a pic of my S12 with my friends 96 Cherokee sport after i had let him drive my car. It made him miss his old 86 turbo
posted image