Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...

Started by Wonderingraven · Jun 1, 2011 · 909postsSMF 2010–26

WonderingravenJan 11, 2022, 11:28 pm · #851

meh, I ordered an reman one from Orielly should be here by tomorrow-ish.
I am trying to figure out what FMIC piping to order that would benifit with out relocating the battery lol.

sideways_s12Jan 12, 2022, 3:00 pm · #852

do they have 18det starters?

WonderingravenJan 12, 2022, 4:42 pm · #853

ca18det from an 88 pulsar

WonderingravenJan 14, 2022, 1:29 pm · #854

Still waiting for the starter to show up says today! but fedex isn't giving more details of when or if it is out for delivery yet. So I assume it will be here in town today and maybe later out for delivery?

What I really need to do is fix my locks, driver side never worked and passenger side is only openable with a screw driver as no keys ever worked for it and the hatch broke ages ago and is only able to open via cable that seems to be stretched.

WonderingravenJan 16, 2022, 2:54 pm · #855

Disregard, I am going full Water to AIr Innercooler.

Schizo inspired me todo this many years ago, I am going to do it finally after this starts up.

I got the starter in today.

WonderingravenJan 17, 2022, 7:11 pm · #856

Still no spark so going down the rabbit hole, according to the ecu diagram, I am missing 2 grounds and 2 power to the ecu. Potentially why I am getting power in places I should not be getting.

I am pulling the harness tomorrow durning my lunch time to see if I can hunt down the all the power leads / ground leads. This harness has been hacked up a lot so I gotta do something and label everything.

sideways_s12Jan 17, 2022, 11:53 pm · #857

Yeah the harness is 2 different 18det harnesses together...

WonderingravenJan 22, 2022, 7:50 pm · #858

I am just cursed in getting any car running anymore.... I can't get this started.

I am currently revisiting a fusible link that is next tot he alt wire on the battery when I was attempting to start the s12 with the vg30de, the wire just burned up, I tried using another one but it's burned up as well.
I can't find any replacement for this the wiring sounds complicated as f***

One place sells them to the amperage but that is in the AU. In US, I am only finding guage wiring 12/14/16 etc...  and wasted my time at the junk yard today and found 0 that is usefull.

sideways_s12Jan 24, 2022, 4:10 pm · #859

I dont know if this would make it easier but wiring specialties sells 18det complete harnesses they are supposed to be plug and play it would have everything you need if you don't spending the coin.

WonderingravenJan 24, 2022, 7:54 pm · #860

I am seriously considering it as I am still not getting it correctly.

I guess the current harness is rigged to run with the black s12 and because I didn't trace each wire before cutting and labeling, I haveroyally f****ed myself on this.

sideways_s12Jan 25, 2022, 3:59 pm · #861

get a wiring harness from wiring specialties it should fix your issue.

WonderingravenJan 31, 2022, 2:51 pm · #862

Just waiting for the harness to show up.

Should be plug and pray from here.

WonderingravenFeb 5, 2022, 12:48 am · #863

it's here just my work is demanding me for unessessary work again and long hours.
I was able to sneak in some time to plug in most of the harness.

sideways_s12Feb 8, 2022, 3:54 pm · #864

I saw your pic on FB the injectors you have are evo 560's just in case you need to find replacements.

WonderingravenFeb 13, 2022, 4:32 pm · #865

Either my battery just went to shit, or I have a wiring gremlin somewhere (I didn't touch anything only the fuel injectors and the fuel rail but has nothing todo with it) Fuel pump isn't working anymore nor is 1/2 of my electronics and I can't seem to find out why and for the 2nd day my battery is drained to 0% and the charger keeps detecting it as SUL, but it is currently charging with no issues.  ) fuses are blown...

WonderingravenFeb 21, 2022, 5:33 pm · #866

and the sound of success is right here.

I need to pull the transmission as something is wrong in that area BUT... now I feel confident enough to finish up the build. I am ordering the whole Air -> Water Innercooler setup, Tires for the Crown Vics and I need a new battery this battery.

But yes! she even sounds beautiful unable to find out the rpm's as I forgot what wire I rewired for the rpm. (can't remember if it was under the dash or in the big plug for the sev6 kinda remember it being in the big grey plug)
painful startup from the cold tho might be due to the AUX / Fast Idle.

Uploaded a video.
https://youtu.be/iK4cfUzNckI

WonderingravenMar 1, 2022, 8:29 pm · #867

Still in progress of removing the transmission.
Just order a few main key items for my Air to Liquid innercooler setup. Witht hat being said I also took a week off of work next week, so plenty of time, yes!

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2022, 2:12 am · #868

nice! once the car warms up itll smooth out cold was always rough for me.

WonderingravenMar 2, 2022, 2:29 pm · #869

just finished putting in the order for the key items for the Air to Liquid intercooler setup.
Just a few Ideas, this is basically all. I being in Computer person, I have extra high flowing pc fans that I can use for this radiator setup.

Refference to the DIY setup.
https://youtu.be/ArT-NklzXmE
https://www.driftopia.com/2007/03/25/part-4-liquid-intercooling-the-path-less-travelled/

WonderingravenMar 6, 2022, 10:02 pm · #870

The old transmission has teeth grinded a bit harsh, it is the reason why I've changed the transmission in 2018/2019ish.
So I cleaned it up alot and verified the one that I used with the vg is good to go and it fit like a glove with no issues.  I ran out of  time saturday and today I've been doing social event things with my brother around a part and went out to eat.

Since I got this whole week off, I'll be cranking it out this week.

sideways_s12Mar 8, 2022, 2:09 pm · #871

Maybe when you get it done you can swing by and help me with mavens car fuel pump works it's not getting fuel. I think I got the feed and return hose backwards so I gotta switch that around and see if that's the issue. it cranks and will fire with starting fluid so I know for a fact it's a fueling issue.

WonderingravenMar 8, 2022, 2:33 pm · #872

sounds like a fuel issue for sure. Same issue I had when before starting up the ca18det, somehow I burned out the DW.

now I am putting it all back together if I don't get another random emergency today on my week long vacation.

sideways_s12Mar 10, 2022, 3:31 pm · #873

Cool hiit me up when you can so we can figure something out...

WonderingravenMar 12, 2022, 8:50 pm · #874

I ran into snags and needed more stuff that I've acquired today, but today I also pulled a muscle in my back so I have been struggling with that.
Trying to rest up for the rest of the night and crunch some learning.

sideways_s12Mar 15, 2022, 2:26 pm · #875

well, that's shitty.

WonderingravenMar 25, 2022, 6:26 pm · #876

Sorry I have not been able to reach out and see about helping out, I've been stuck in a weird depression mode lately ontop of some random stuff that keeps popping up, I have been forcing myself to focus on the car more often. It's been mentally rough for me, I've always been a weird introvert who has had a weird fear of people. So me being social is always a battle for me and potentially why sometimes it might feel for you (or anyone) like it's pulling teeth metaphorically speaking. But if it helps any, I always have been about "actions has always spoken louder than words" type of person, just it's really hard when I have been stuck in a depression state.

Anyways, on the good side.
1) First I used an Water pump designed for an aqaurium, it worked great but.... it was tooooo loud, so I found a perfect alternative that was more available in the states. External Waterpump for an caddy, and hooked it up and the water was flowing just as good, 10x smaller and 10x quieter.

2) Couplers are in to help seat the innercooler setup so I will get some distilled water tonight and install tomorrow....

3) Then I Will ping you via either FB or Phone about that fuel pump if you still need that assistance.

4) Switch cars around after and do some much much needed maintenance on the ca20e... so I can daily the crap out of her again... because gas is like $6+  now.

sideways_s12Mar 29, 2022, 12:28 pm · #877

No worries, I understand that people have lives and go through shit too sometimes. I just assumed you were dealing with some stuff. on another note the fuel pump works I got the car to start but it doesn't stay running I'm wondering if the fuel pump is not providing enough pressure it's a walbro 190 which is slightly larger than the stock unit so it should flow well. it fires up strong but slowly dies out. As if the pump is dieing but you can hear it running and you can hear the suction on the pump. and you can hear the flow at the motor. Its on pause now though because it needs a starter ill probably pull it today to see which one it needs. probably need to get a fuel pressure gauge to see where the pressure is at. if its low I may have to order a new pump.

WonderingravenApr 1, 2022, 9:17 pm · #878

Here we go the working progress..

I can't seem to control the throttle yet, the idle is wonky as f*** but, here it is. Working and idling as it can.
The cold start wasn't that bad this time around, weird tho the battery I got from sheldon's was supposed to be new, but it only had a 50% charge... so charged it.

If anyone wants an air to water intercooler write up, I'll produce one.

WonderingravenApr 9, 2022, 3:52 pm · #879

ordered some exhaust flanges so I can get the exhaust mounted for when I start timing it and getting it tuned.
Just need to find someone to weld the flanges when they arrive.

sideways_s12Apr 17, 2022, 5:23 pm · #880

Any of the muffler shops can do it. like performance muffler or best muffler...

WonderingravenApr 17, 2022, 6:18 pm · #881

yeah, I got it all scheduled for wednesday to finish up the exhaust.

My walbro 190 (I though it still had the oem installed) failed me and really bad gas on my ca20 car I had to address today.

sideways_s12Apr 20, 2022, 10:25 pm · #882

Nice! so the 190 did you need an aftermarket for to run it on the ca20? because that's whats in the tank of mavens car and were having fueling issues.

WonderingravenApr 21, 2022, 8:41 am · #883

I replaced the OEM fuel pump in 2019ish iirc, with the walbro 190, now I am running DW200... I've been working graveyard these past few days it really thrown me for a loop on my schedule and timing on getting things done.

sideways_s12Apr 23, 2022, 3:41 pm · #884

ok but did you have to use an fpr for the 190lph?

WonderingravenApr 23, 2022, 3:43 pm · #885

nope still using the ol ca20e trambone.

As shown in this video.
https://youtu.be/W2-4sMRUmSc

I need clips... and a/c compressor time! she is ready I am also acquiring my brothers Advan's  but I am not sure if I want to rock them or not yet.

WonderingravenMay 4, 2022, 4:20 pm · #886

Exhaust is done.
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

WonderingravenJul 5, 2022, 6:34 pm · #887

Due to the lack of cash and time this past month ( I went to lego land and San Diego zooo and beach alot of beach time )
I finally got a battery, I just ordered an AEM EUGO o2 replacement and new gauge.
I need to pull the nistune maps but this is it so far.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfkpxVMrma4/

I cannot to the life of me find my wiring guide for the sev6 as the plug I know I was tapping into for the Tach gauge was in the 8 plug main harness under the hood on the driver side I know because I tapped into that plug before to get the tach reading from the Dizzy with the carb setup.

Just I don't have that color / wire location written down when I thought I did. I am still digging some old notes for the wiring, but until I do I wont have a tach setup yet. So I have no idea where the RPM is set at.

WonderingravenJul 13, 2022, 2:58 pm · #888

been dealing with a health issue that caused me to be more bed ridden from back and stomach pains due to the lack of hydration and going back on keto. but I got a new wideband AEM UEGO and wired up for an computer hook up so I can see more on my laptop with Nistune.

I gotta finish the wiring and find the wiring the tach.

WonderingravenJul 22, 2022, 6:00 pm · #889

Massive heat wave in vegas right now, I've been hibornating during this time....
But I am ready to finish wiring up when it peaks the cool times, just hard to do when it's still 100F after dark.

sideways_s12Jul 30, 2022, 2:04 pm · #890

I know that feeling lol I don't want to do shit when the suns out...

WonderingravenJul 30, 2022, 2:34 pm · #891

When the weather stays good today, I should be able to finish the wiring and some customization of where I will be placing the gauges.

sideways_s12Jul 31, 2022, 2:07 pm · #892

Nice! BTW I haven't forgotten about the red car life is in the way right now I'm trying to get it all sorted out so I can get down there and do some more work...

WonderingravenJul 31, 2022, 8:04 pm · #893

Take your time, it's not going anywhere anytime soon (pun intended)

sideways_s12Aug 1, 2022, 1:34 pm · #894

lol ok

WonderingravenSep 10, 2022, 5:35 pm · #895

as it is not bleeding storming or super hot today, I went out and found the wire that I've tapped into before when I converted the vg30 to carb.
the wire harness was pre-wired to a single wire for the ca18det conversion so the tach single was easy to go on.

Now I should be able to start timing / tuning it.

WonderingravenOct 2, 2022, 12:09 pm · #896

when to start this up.
fuel pump is dead on both cars...
got recomended the AEM 50-100 instead
so I am going to order 1 and see how that works, even in the ca20 car the fuel pump is dead. =(

sideways_s12Oct 24, 2022, 5:20 pm · #897

So hows it coming did you ever get the pump issue fixed?

WonderingravenOct 25, 2022, 1:15 am · #898

waiting for the fuel pump to come in.
Not much right now, been busy with working 12 - 14 hour days starting at 4am right now.

sideways_s12Oct 27, 2022, 12:20 am · #899

oh damn!

WonderingravenDec 5, 2022, 4:07 pm · #900

In the middle of finding a new job so alot of my time has been tied up with over resposibilities of my current role with everyone already leaving the company and we are super short staffed (doesn't help I am looking to leave too)
Fuel pump is sitting and my laptop is ready to tune.