Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

mentalxpreshunJun 15, 2011, 4:48 am · #951

Low594 - Right?! No more Radio Smashing and the shifting feels so much better. Sterling told me if you heat up the stock shifter, you can separate the top and bottom pieces to reveal a super short shifter. I also remember reading about the shifter from one of the Z cars, but forgot which one. I kind of like how it is with the flipped bushing, but a little bit shorter wouldnt hurt.

Swapped my Idle Air Control Valve from the other s12 (basically become a CA20 parts car since its gettin an engine swap), adjusted idle, and filled up with some 91 Octane gas... She has almost become a completely new car. Much much more responsive and firing a lot smoother.

red87200Jun 15, 2011, 10:31 pm · #952

Ordered intercooler piping and now the waiting starts which is gonna kill me for sure

EightySix200SXJun 16, 2011, 8:19 am · #953

S30 and 130 shifter works for b trans and angles the shifter back towards the driver d21 will not work for c trans the lower ball is physically larger than the one on. Typical c trans. I'm running a shortened s13 shifter its tits sits way lower than the radio itself. Next up is shortening N actual s13 short shifter and try that

JayJun 16, 2011, 3:52 pm · #954

Threw old eggs towards it.
and hit the kids behind it.
fucking kids

(The s12 was never hit, by egg or splatter)

lady_s12_77Jun 16, 2011, 5:54 pm · #955

Took it on the highway today, I was amazed it kept up with traffic doing 80mph.

Colonel GustardJun 16, 2011, 11:02 pm · #956

drove it to the junkiyard, found a white SE, and a silver MKI hatch, grabbed my last pieces for my euro tail swap, AND INSTALLED MY EURO TAILS SON!!!

vegasS12Jun 16, 2011, 11:21 pm · #957

^^^prove it haha

Low594Jun 16, 2011, 11:27 pm · #958
EightySix200SX on 08:19:36 AM / 16-Jun-11S30 and 130 shifter works for b trans and angles the shifter back towards the driver d21 will not work for c trans the lower ball is physically larger than the one on. Typical c trans. I'm running a shortened s13 shifter its tits sits way lower than the radio itself. Next up is shortening N actual s13 short shifter and try that
Sorry, im new here! A S30 &/or 130 are what cars in laymans terms? 

Post Merge: 11:28:25 PM / 16-Jun-11
vegasS12 on 11:21:22 PM / 16-Jun-11^^^prove it haha
I second that one!
Colonel GustardJun 17, 2011, 12:36 am · #959
vegasS12 on 11:21:22 PM / 16-Jun-11^^^prove it haha
there wont be any pics posted up of them, only CamInHead will get pics, you guys have to wait until the next socal meet to see them
WonderingravenJun 17, 2011, 1:45 am · #960

Changed out the old fuel filter, with a wix fuel filter. Still waiting on some parts from rock auto for the tuneup.

Nissan86Jun 17, 2011, 3:12 am · #961

I fell asleep on the roof of my S12.

DatsmoZJun 17, 2011, 4:12 am · #962

I fell asleep on the roof of my S12.

CamInHeadJun 17, 2011, 2:58 pm · #963

Finally got my modified subframe ready for paint yay!

drummingpariahJun 17, 2011, 5:24 pm · #964

Out with the old, in with the more modern design. Phase 1:
(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-poeGGnDtHPg/Tfuow985hyI/AAAAAAAAiNw/bqi2ZniSukQ/s800/DSC_7723.JPG)

sideways_s12Jun 17, 2011, 10:15 pm · #965

I finally fixed the damn coolant leak once and for all lol and jb welded my rad for a temp fix till I can get money for a new one.

EightySix200SXJun 17, 2011, 11:22 pm · #966

S30= 240 260 280z
S130= 280zx

D-sport S12Jun 18, 2011, 3:42 am · #967

went to go pull parts off my parts car where i was storing it, only to find out that it got crushed alond with 2 of my drift spares

Low594Jun 18, 2011, 12:19 pm · #968
EightySix200SX on 11:22:44 PM / 17-Jun-11S30= 240 260 280z
S130= 280zx
thank you!
spiderwebfxJun 18, 2011, 2:39 pm · #969

I haven't started yet but I'm going to pull the front subframe and all the suspension out and then finish prepping the engine bay for painting!

EightySix200SXJun 21, 2011, 3:51 pm · #970

BLACK TRIM ALL AROUND NO MORE CRAPPY MK1 CHROME!

tim murphyJun 21, 2011, 4:44 pm · #971

painted up my back suspension slow job . wood like to no how hard is too change the 8 valve engine  to a 16 valve lump  i.e front sub frame.wireing loom . i have two 8 valve engines all ready split down cheers

CamInHeadJun 21, 2011, 5:16 pm · #972

painted my subframe and did a little pre-assembly.

backwoodsbuilderJun 21, 2011, 5:32 pm · #973

looked at it started thinking...its on craigs an im still thinking if i want to or not

JordanJun 21, 2011, 5:33 pm · #974
EightySix200SX on 03:51:08 PM / 21-Jun-11BLACK TRIM ALL AROUND NO MORE CRAPPY MK1 CHROME!

Looking forward to see the difference that makes. Did you paint the existing trim or swap it out?
tdawgS12Jun 22, 2011, 2:32 am · #975

cleaned Maf sensor and throttle body, then stupidly decided to clean air filter, still waiting for it to dry so i can oil it and reassemble   :nerdyembarassed:

DeezusJun 22, 2011, 2:55 am · #976

Tried/trying to get rid of my shell.

mentalxpreshunJun 22, 2011, 4:01 am · #977

ripped the negative side wire off the coolant temperature sensor connector, took the connector from the white hatch and jacked one of its pins, did some soldering and got my new temp sensor installed...

tried to remove the O2 sensor with many different O2 sensor pulling tools and drenching it in seafoam and ended up stripping it... ended up making due with what I have and improving the connection on the current sensor and did some solder work to that too...

idle is strong and more solid, noting that the coolant temp sensor and fixing the connection on the O2 sensor may have helped... even more so throwin some 91 octane in her =)

got my two new coils and TPS today too, so will be installing one item at a time to note any progress/changes

tdawgS12Jun 22, 2011, 10:00 am · #978

reassembled intake and lo', it runs. didnt want to at first, i was afraid i killed it, starter didnt want to turn the engine. drove it a couple miles and it's booking. now to do something about the exhaust leak.... :\

JayJun 22, 2011, 6:59 pm · #979

Drove it!
On the roads!

Wrong day to do it too..... It was wet out

Low594Jun 22, 2011, 11:32 pm · #980

Drove mine to work and back, 130 miles round trip, the usual.  Tested the EGR, seems fine.  Found more vacuum lines and got them changed out.  Search for the PCV, I think I found it in the front of the engine above the intake runners and under the plenum, is that right?  Do I have to remove the plenum to get to it? Are there any gaskets involved?

Changed out the thermostat, as suspected, stuck partly open. I don't think it was operating at all, just cracked open slightly!

sideways_s12Jun 23, 2011, 5:20 pm · #981

swapped turbo's again back to the t25g feels better and smoother now hopefully this lasts till I get money for my 60 trim swap will def be done by my birthday....

mentalxpreshunJun 23, 2011, 7:05 pm · #982

sideways - youre on an 18et motor right?

WonderingravenJun 23, 2011, 8:04 pm · #983

still trying to make custom fusible wires for the battery that connects to the EFI, can't seem to get it to stay idling now. But it does run but very rich also and I have to rev it above 1k to keep it running, if I let it go it attempts to idle at 700 then shut off.

sam31183Jun 24, 2011, 12:38 am · #984

sideways is 18det

vegasS12Jun 24, 2011, 1:30 am · #985

he has both i think et and det

sideways_s12Jun 24, 2011, 3:12 am · #986

I do have both et and det the et is currently down till I get some money to get it right but I will be getting a bike first. And by bike I mean motorcycle.

Jeremy AJun 24, 2011, 1:23 pm · #987
sideways_s12 on 03:12:30 AM / 24-Jun-11I will be getting a bike first. And by bike I mean motorcycle.

Woooh,  thank goodness...  I thought you meant one of these!!!!

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Misc%20Pics/fixiehipster.jpg)
CamInHeadJun 24, 2011, 3:45 pm · #988

(http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m101/E555KHY/Driveshaft.jpg)

Refurbed my axles. I hate CV grease, escially dirty, old, looks like melted poopy cv grease.

Nissan86Jun 25, 2011, 5:04 am · #989

Me and a generous friend of mine tried to put bucket seats in my car, but the railing thingy didnt fit. Though the mission failed, he was nice enough to give me the seat covers from his precious Civic and put them on my s12 seats. :)

DatsmoZJun 25, 2011, 6:04 am · #990

Me and a generous friend of mine tried to put bucket seats in my car, but the railing thingy didnt fit. Though the mission failed, he was nice enough to give me the seat covers from his precious Civic and put them on my s12 seats. :)

sideways_s12Jun 25, 2011, 2:51 pm · #991

Lol

WonderingravenJun 25, 2011, 3:36 pm · #992

Found my brown wireset for the pos battery, ordered some NGK's wireset and plugs today.

silvertonJun 25, 2011, 3:44 pm · #993

Washed, dried, and dusted it.  She looks purdy again.

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270568_245232795493083_100000190938619_1186422_8346630_n.jpg)

freakin cats...  Woke up this morning to paw prints leading up my hood, my windshield, the roof, down the hatch glass, on the spoiler, got a paw print on the tail light somehow??? and on the top of the bumper... I was like WTF???

lady_s12_77Jun 25, 2011, 6:01 pm · #994
silverton on 03:44:26 PM / 25-Jun-11Washed, dried, and dusted it.  She looks purdy again.

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/270568_245232795493083_100000190938619_1186422_8346630_n.jpg)

freakin cats...  Woke up this morning to paw prints leaking up my hood, my windshield, the roof, down the hatch glass, on the spoiler, got a paw print on the tail light somehow??? and on the top of the bumper... I was like WTF???

If its not birds crapping on these cars, it's the cats walking all over them LOL :tongue2:
What's next, dogs?
Low594Jun 26, 2011, 12:45 am · #995

Yesterday, I went by a smog shop, butit would fail if the machine was plugged in. He advised changing the BPT as it wasn't functioning, cleaning or changing the EGR and maybe replacing the cat!

Today, I ordered a new BPT from the local dealer, due in on Wed, $67!  Then called around to muffler shops, $200 at one place and $600 at another, just for cat replacement!
Then I tried to remove the EGR for a cleaning.  I got everything off except 1 nut!  Looks like the head or the entire engine needs to come out to do a service on it!  Am I missing something?  So I went to put it back together and I can't get the large pipe nut to thread on! WTF!  Seems to be fine with out the nut on securely, but I hate leaving things undone!  HELP!?

sam31183Jun 26, 2011, 1:26 am · #996
lady_s12_77 on 06:01:29 PM / 25-Jun-11If its not birds crapping on these cars, it's the cats walking all over them LOL :tongue2:
What's next, dogs?

when i go over to my dads house his dogs like to piss on my hoshinos...annoying.
ProlowtoneJun 26, 2011, 3:58 am · #997

^ I would be waiting for it with a damn pellet or air soft gun :D JK but i would be tempted

Set the gains on my amp, drove the car around my complex, did some first gear pulls and felt happy as the trip says i have now driven the car 1.2 km since the rebuild on the head....
Then i popped the hood and started cleaning again hahaha

BattleFairyJun 26, 2011, 6:12 am · #998

did a WAIL - 50% win 50% Fail :laugh:
(http://i42.tinypic.com/54hiyb.jpg)
just bought this Fuckers for 15$ :yay!: and miss the part that the seller have only THREE of them + they are super extrem RARE and appear maybe once in a year on ebay
(http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fuuuuuuuuuu.jpg)

CamInHeadJun 26, 2011, 6:21 am · #999

I see 4 wheels in the picture

BattleFairyJun 26, 2011, 6:31 am · #1000

LOL its just a exampel pic, since i cant link pics from egay

btw the wheels that i bought are NEW aka never used......which makes me a much more sad panda