Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

newby200sxJun 9, 2011, 9:10 pm · #901

may the force be with you man!

drummingpariahJun 9, 2011, 9:14 pm · #902

And I thought this would be the 'easy' way to fix a shorted fuel pump relay wire. Not being able to effectively diagnose wiring because of color blindness SUCKS.

zastabaJun 9, 2011, 9:19 pm · #903

lol - sorry man - that sucks but it's also hilarious.
newby200sxJun 9, 2011, 10:12 pm · #904

dude if you dont mind me asking but how did you become color blind? kuz it would suck if we all were

JayJun 9, 2011, 10:55 pm · #905

Dude. Most people are born colorblind.
Or, through some nerve damage.

drummingpariahJun 9, 2011, 10:57 pm · #906

It's genetic. Sometimes people become colorblind due to brain damage (technically, Jay's right, it's nerve damage ... but it's in the brain, so I'm just being a little more specific). Color blindness isn't really a big deal until you come to a blinking traffic light and don't know if it's yellow or red, or if you're working on a car that uses lots of wiring conduit and it's impossible to trace wires by hand. Otherwise, I've just found that people give crappy directions to colorblind people (first green house on the left doesn't help me at all).

newby200sxJun 9, 2011, 11:49 pm · #907

oh alright guys thanks i just always wondered thanks alot guys! everyday i learn something new on club s12

silvertonJun 10, 2011, 12:12 am · #908
drummingpariah on 10:57:27 PM / 09-Jun-11people give crappy directions to colorblind people (first green house on the left doesn't help me at all).

I always seemed to have this problem at my old job with the debit machine "and press the big green button" and I always thought to myself "I gotta find a new way to tell them which button to press" because of thinking I might be saying it to someone who is colorblind.
EightySix200SXJun 10, 2011, 12:55 am · #909

Got two new tires mounted!!!! Yup the camber got em well more like me sliding my car as of late its all good.

I raised the coils on my car too haha stock ride height fools!

WonderingravenJun 10, 2011, 1:00 am · #910

Looks like the battery is having issues, will be taking down to get it tested tomorrow morning.
Spent my afternoon testing a few things, and charging the battery that is having weird charging issues, noticed the water level on this bat was almost non existent.
it's an old vatozone battery anyways.

Nissan86Jun 10, 2011, 1:42 am · #911

I painted my car~! :D With spray cans! My first attempt! :3

BEFORE:
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247971_170452696349711_100001549456753_467789_3870509_n.jpg)
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253627_170911239637190_100001549456753_471454_7292806_n.jpg)

AFTER:
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=1590895907389703063&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/3.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=14876321537450398&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)

sam31183Jun 10, 2011, 1:46 am · #912
EightySix200SX on 12:55:24 AM / 10-Jun-11Got two new tires mounted!!!! Yup the camber got em well more like me sliding my car as of late its all good.

I raised the coils on my car too haha stock ride height fools!

how long did you have those tires for? also, your toe is adjusted right? Toe eats the crap out of tires...my toe was off like an inch and a half and killed some slicks.
DatsmoZJun 10, 2011, 2:42 am · #913

I painted my car~! :D With spray cans! My first attempt! :3

BEFORE:
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247971_170452696349711_100001549456753_467789_3870509_n.jpg)
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253627_170911239637190_100001549456753_471454_7292806_n.jpg)

AFTER:
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=1590895907389703063&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/3.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=14876321537450398&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)

DeezusJun 10, 2011, 3:13 am · #914

do it again, like 6 more times and itll look a billion times better

86foreverJun 10, 2011, 3:16 am · #915

try to put power doors windows

Low594Jun 10, 2011, 6:50 am · #916
Nissan86 on 02:42:42 AM / 10-Jun-11I painted my car~! :D With spray cans! My first attempt! :3

BEFORE:
(http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247971_170452696349711_100001549456753_467789_3870509_n.jpg)
(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253627_170911239637190_100001549456753_471454_7292806_n.jpg)

AFTER:
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=1590895907389703063&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)
(http://mediamail.boostmobile.com/mmps/RECIPIENT/002_234ffb0650d471d5_1/3.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=14876321537450398&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=0EwrJa5L5YP5n7zkaL4o)

I like the 2tone black!
lady_s12_77Jun 10, 2011, 2:41 pm · #917

About to wash the car yet again.
Damn birds seem to love CONSTANTLY shitting on my pretty white car!!! DAMN BIRDS!!!

Not little spots, noooo, these birds take big nasty seed ridden DUMPS on my car. WTF?!!

sam31183Jun 10, 2011, 2:43 pm · #918

every time i wash my car it gets dumped on....never fails.

CamInHeadJun 10, 2011, 3:24 pm · #919

Mine is on axle stands near a tree and it gets shat on constantly. It's like there's feckin albatrosses flyng overhead.

Colonel GustardJun 10, 2011, 3:25 pm · #920

theres something about the sexiness of an s12 that attracts the bird poop. whenever i wash mine its guaranteed to get hit by some sort of water irrigation system and leave the stupid water marks. thats why i gave up washing it lol

S12-ARJun 10, 2011, 4:04 pm · #921

I finally washed it and waxed it haha after sitting in the paint booth for a long time.

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/CIMG1010.jpg)

(http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x171/Alanrios16/CIMG1009.jpg)

Colonel GustardJun 10, 2011, 4:23 pm · #922

damn that looks clean as hell man. now you definately need to go to the meet

S12-ARJun 10, 2011, 4:38 pm · #923

Im ready man!!!!!!

vegasS12Jun 10, 2011, 5:38 pm · #924

nice clean hatch S12-AR do you have the turbo scoop?

Nissan86Jun 10, 2011, 7:16 pm · #925

...um...I put my Protege mats in my car. :P And also put my stearing wheel cover that was once in my protege. All in all, my s12 got hand me downs.

RIP Protege.  :'(

Nissan86Jun 10, 2011, 7:43 pm · #926
Colonel Gustard on 07:20:08 PM / 10-Jun-11painting my headlight covers red again, they decided to turn pink and im not gay

D'awww. I thought they were cute~!
DatsmoZJun 10, 2011, 8:16 pm · #927

...um...I put my Protege mats in my car. :P And also put my stearing wheel cover that was once in my protege. All in all, my s12 got hand me downs.

RIP Protege.  :'(

DatsmoZJun 10, 2011, 8:43 pm · #928
Colonel Gustard on 08:20:08 PM / 10-Jun-11painting my headlight covers red again, they decided to turn pink and im not gay

D'awww. I thought they were cute~!
WonderingravenJun 10, 2011, 9:37 pm · #929

Today, I've troubleshoot the no spark issue. Unsuccessful day.  I need to order new plugs and wire set next, and a new coil.

S12-ARJun 10, 2011, 9:55 pm · #930
vegasS12 on 05:38:12 PM / 10-Jun-11nice clean hatch S12-AR do you have the turbo scoop?


Thanx man for the compliment. I do have the scoop but its getting painted again after some stupidity of mine lol.
Colonel GustardJun 10, 2011, 10:53 pm · #931
S12-AR on 09:55:04 PM / 10-Jun-11Thanx man for the compliment. I do have the scoop but its getting painted again after some stupidity of mine lol.
epic story lol
drummingpariahJun 11, 2011, 11:59 am · #932

Got rained on while trying to remove the body harness. Gave up and went back inside.

silvertonJun 11, 2011, 12:35 pm · #933

I'm getting the run around from Maaco getting my headlight lid painted.  They told me it would be sanded down, primered, and all that jazz.  and when I went to pick it up yesterday (they've had it since monday) it was pink.  so I was like WTF, I'm not paying for this.

Low594Jun 13, 2011, 1:04 am · #934

I changed more of the vacuum lines, found that the EGR line was split at both ends!  I also painted the grill Satin Black, so its only 1 color! I also put some aluminum duct tape inside the reverse light housings and swapped the bulbs for 50watt halogen versions!  All in all a good day with the car idling smoother and lower (900 rpm) and more power with a bit better throttle response!

86foreverJun 13, 2011, 6:20 pm · #935

lost a suckit in between engine and tranny. well there goes my snap on suckit

rollingstockJun 13, 2011, 10:18 pm · #936

swap my non-fitting s13 test pipe out for my gutted cat.... lowered the car, put new wheel on.

Colonel GustardJun 13, 2011, 10:36 pm · #937

drove it to school, drove it home, stared at it, made me wish i had the parts to finish my Euro tail swap

WonderingravenJun 13, 2011, 11:03 pm · #938

I checked the timing belt, and it's still working. Removed the Fuel Kill switch and while removing it I found ghetto wiring job in doing the fuel kill switch.

newby200sxJun 13, 2011, 11:57 pm · #939

hey ARS12 what suspension are you running?

mentalxpreshunJun 14, 2011, 3:52 am · #940

Friday - Replaced Wireset and Spark Plugs...

Saturday - Replaced Fuel Filter, Fixed O2 Sensor, Replaced both door panels (thanks Andrew) with fresher SE panels (thanks Gustard) and got her runnin decent with no more misfire issue, but idles a lil funky but tolerable still... Did the free short throw shifter mod (thanks Sterling), and she shifts beautifully now.

Sunday - Cleaned out the cargo area and replaced the trunk carpet with fresher dark grey SE shag, and replaced the dome light behind the sun roof (thanks Gustard again)

spiderwebfxJun 14, 2011, 3:59 am · #941

Walked into the garage, looked at it.  Decided I should really drop the front subframe and suspension setup ready for it's upgrade.  Then turned around, locked the garage and went back inside the house because it's too damn cold.

Low594Jun 14, 2011, 6:28 am · #942
mentalxpreshun link=topic=31617.msg343950#msg343950 date=130[quote author=mentalxpreshun on 03:52:11 AM / 14-Jun-11Did the free short throw shifter mod (thanks Sterling), and she shifts beautifully now.

I haven't seen that write up! Could you post a link?
sam31183Jun 14, 2011, 2:13 pm · #943

i changed my oil yesterday...i couldnt find the oil filter wrench, but after trying a couple of times to get the filter off bare handed i found some rubber grippy gloves. I put those on and managed to he man the filter off. I then drove to oregon and bought beer...yay. Oh, and castrol is dumb...i used to buy castrol syntec, but now i buy castrol edge with syntec thanks to some dumb marketing reps...also, the price for oil went way the fuck up...

mentalxpreshunJun 14, 2011, 3:13 pm · #944
Low594 on 06:28:48 AM / 14-Jun-11I haven't seen that write up! Could you post a link?
Never saw a write up either, you just flip the bushing upside down... this is for the B trans... Pretty easy and no more hitting hand on the radio anymore =)
drummingpariahJun 14, 2011, 3:20 pm · #945

Installed a $15 ebay 240sx short throw shifter. I'm actually quite impressed with the effectiveness of this shifter, the shaft isn't any shorter but they effectively raised the fulcrum quite a bit so it's around 50% shorter (and much tighter) throws. It'd be nice if the ball retainer were the same between the s12 C and s13 C transmissions, but they're close enough.
(https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-R8xsTg0qAbg/TfZZiXqA1yI/AAAAAAAAh0c/yAlW-j_5JQA/s800/2011-06-13_14-33-09_213.jpg)

JayJun 14, 2011, 3:27 pm · #946

Used it to pull the E30 shell across the ground.
Sadly, the phone stopped the video before it happened, so it wasn't on camera

heithJun 14, 2011, 7:41 pm · #947

plated in areas for my roll cage  back rear driver side is good

WonderingravenJun 14, 2011, 7:58 pm · #948

getting the battery tested, and created 2 new wires to replace the hack job of a cable of unknown name.

S12-ARJun 14, 2011, 9:49 pm · #949

Turned it on and drove it around my neighborhood for a bit. Feels good to drive this baby!

Low594Jun 15, 2011, 12:36 am · #950

Mental-
Your post got me curious so after work today, I looked inside the console and it all came back to me!  Well almost, the top linkage is similar to the earlier 200sx that we used to get the trans from for our 510s, so I took it apart, flipped the bushings and spring, putit all back together. Then I drove it and it was too far forward, so I took it apart again and turned the shifter around and it was much better!

I still gotta make a run by the pick n pull for all the missing or broken items, si I think I will grab a 280z and a D21 shifter and tweak with them til I have one I really like!  Definitely needs to be cut down!  Maybe a nice leather boot for the shifter and Pbrake and a weighted knob might be in order soon!