Haven't done much to the car have a maf issue but nothing serious to where the car can't be driven. Thinking of selling all of my stuff so I can get a bike (motorcycle) till we leave.
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
Project: Resurrection.
one side of me is saying NO you have to keep it going but the realistic side knows the best thing to do is cut losses. Part out the black car since someone will want the engine and sell the S12s as shells. You have so many parts you just gotta go thru and get pics of stuff and list it all. Ebay would be useful in this situation. Just gotta set your prices low so they sell quick. Dont take any cars or car parts with you. Buy something when you get there. way cheaper that way and way less headache. Good luck too.
theyre common in countries with the s13 200sx. all over europe. driving to another country there is like driving to socal here
Post Merge
or just get a r34
Oh I'm definitely getting a skyline that for sure is going to be my first car when I get over there I'm not buying any other car until I get a skyline 32 33 or 34 Then that way I can take my time finding an s12 and it'll be my project as my skyline will be my daily. But since there is an abundance of skylines over there the s12 I get will have an rb powerplant. Don't get me wrong I love the CA but why CA when you can RB? lol
Woot the car is alive again I had a no spark no fuel issue at the same time (Awesomesauce) Turns out the wire I had going to my relay box wasn't getting power, because the power wire on the alt broke ( More awesomeness) so I found the broken wire and fixed it Now all is well also in the midst of that I fixed my WOT issue ( no clue to why i had an issue but whatevs) I could only go to 3/4 throttle anything above that would sputter and hesitate and felt like something was holding it back. But not any more I hit 12 psi like a champ! So now comes dyno time when I catch up on some bills!
Post Merge
V6 mustang smacked up on the way home from work this morning lol
Awesome found out that my truck mounted battery box was ever mounted well enough so I go to stop at a 4 way stop and the battery and battery box come flying forward into the back of my back seat! Just another thing I have to fix
Also sprung an exhaust leak on the top of my dump pipe I don't know how this happens as I'm not running a full exhaust to avoid this and it still happens UGH! this is so annoying!
It is days like that, that I try to remember why I like my car. Hang in there.
Everytime I drive my car it reminds me why I love her. It's just a pain in the ass sometimes lol
So had a fuel issue problem turns out the power wire in the tank came out of the connector it was in. I have since fixed it and the pump is good to go. Going to get my exhaust put on soon as I'm tired of attracting unwanted attention. Especially after being arrested. Lol. Also going to retune for more boost 12 is fun but I want 18 psi
Little update if anyone.cares full exhaust is.on and boost is up to 16 psi needs a few things like a tune etc. In other news she has been sold to wanderingraven along with my other car and all my s12 extras barring a few things I want to keep for my next s12. When I get to the UK I will be picking up a skyline. Then I will be on the hunt for another s12 so ill still be around I love the s12 to much to not have another.....
Too bad you wernt taking it but i agree with what you did. Glad to see the car is going to a good home and will be around the club :). You must be starting to go crazy by now without Kendra around hahaha
I am going absolutely nutz lol just gotta be patient and get everything in order...
this project will be revived as wondering and I have come to an agreement for me to get this car back! I can't wait!
Let me know if you still want the black s12 and if you want a sohc ca18et dropped in, instead of it being bare rolling shell.
I do still want it and no on the 18et as I plan on vh swapping it...
Cool man, let me know I just gotta remove the exhaust not sure how you was able to get the exhaust installed as 1 whole piece. I'll roll it to the RV parking after that and cover it with a tarp ready for pick up when you are ready. Take your time tho, it's not going anywhere nor changing my mind this time.
I cut the p.o exhaust off because hes an idiot then took the exhaust from the red car and had it welded in place. Hence the one whole piece
hah! no worries
Welp the ecu is dead. So now I have to find an ecu along with figuring out what went wrong in the harness to cause the ecu going dead... YAY (sarcasm)
How?
One of the resistors blew not sure how yet...
Stayed tuned updates on this car will be coming in January...
Made my first payment on the widow Now to get everything in order to get her paid off. and locate a cheap running vh!
Should be cheap around town.
Yeah Hopefully I can find one for around what they sell for at the yards. I figure I'll have to throw a rebuild at it anyway. unless I can find one for a decent price that's been rebuilt...
UPDATE: VH will be aquired july 10th not sure where it's gonna go but I will have it! one more piece of the puzzle is done!
9 more days!
Motor will be dropped off this weekend! Just need to get ahold of an engine hoist... So I can get the motor out of the back of the truck...
Welp motor is put on hold because I need to replace the rear tire along with stator and rectifier on my bike yay! (sarcasm)
Don't worry to much about the black car. we are moving in a few months it'll be one less project youll have to worry about so I will definetly will be coming to take it off your hands.
I'm super excited to get my car back Raven and I have been talking and my old red s12 has the 18det in it and once he is done with his current project he will be wiring up the red car then we will be pulling the stuff of my old black car that I bought from louie i.e. the rear subframe with iggy's first camber fix and welded diff with 1 piece Drive shaft which also has the rear suspension done. also going with manual windows instead of the power windows. I can't wait till I'm back behind the wheel of one again... I'm gonna start with the s13 front suspension conversion and figure out what brakes I want. once I get that all set up I'm going to focus on the motor, or paint I'm gonna sand it down and prime it and atleast it'll be one color until I figure what color to actually paint it I don't think I'll go black again maybe the blue the car comes in. who knows. lol I have so many ideas rolling around in my head it's not even funny.
Popped by Ravens yesterday to assess the cars little more work than I expected but its whatever I'll just be happy to own one again. I'm being patiently impatient waiting for Raven to finish his up lol.
Went by on Saturday in hopes to pull a bunch of stuff off the car started with the front suspension which was going well until the last bolt on the pass side didn't want to come loose smh I hit it with some pb blaster and and am letting it sit till I get back down there on Saturday again... hopefully I can break it loose and get the pass side out then I'll be pulling the manual windows and the seats along with the fuel pump...and the mark 2 lights.. then the rear subframe.
So another day at Ravens. I bought a 1/2 inch impact gun and I got the bolt to the suspension off. I don't know why I didn't get one sooner lol Anyway got some work done pulled the windows and window assembly for the manual windows also pulled the grant steering wheel that was on it. I was in the process of pulling the fuel pump assembly which housed a Walbro 255 the plastics on the pump disintegrated lol perks of working on an old car that has been sitting and affected by the hot summers of vegas. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how. until then feel free to go to my Instagram page Project_Phoenix_s12.
Did some more work on the car. Pulled the old suspension off and and put the tokicos with Canucks springs on its a lot lower and stiffer in the front now no more bouncy suspension. This is just temporary until I get the s13 stuff going. Lifted the rear of the car to prep for the removal of the rear subframe.
Ordered my aftermarket fuel pump. went with deautchwerks (sp?) because David Carroll said it more efficient and quiet. Hopefully it gets here by Saturday so I can install it in the assembly.
small uopdate fuel pump arrived yesterday. Just have to install into the assembly and take it with on Saturday to Ravens once I get the rear subframes swapped it'll get put in. Progress is coming along nicely!
So I got the rear subframe out of the red car and moved but ran out of time to get the rear subframe out of the black car just need to remove the brake lines and then it'll be ready to move to the red car and install.
Modded rear subframe with one piece Drive shaft has been installed lower and stiffer can't wait to get her driving
Not much progress. I swapped from power to manual windows. That's about all I did. I am however looking for a full dash with mounting hardware.
Do you have a dash currently? I've seen some pretty good restorations on dashes. Flocking is a good option and can make an old crappy dash look pretty dang new.
Max on 09:15:26 PM / 11-Apr-21Do you have a dash currently? I've seen some pretty good restorations on dashes. Flocking is a good option and can make an old crappy dash look pretty dang new.
No, I don't currently have a dash but Eternalswap (Alex) has a parts car in KY that has a pretty clean dash and center console it's blue but that's ok I was thinking of dying it or painting it some how to get it to match what I want to do maybe I'll sticker bomb it lol or Have it dipped.
No recent updates just waiting on the dash to get sent so I can move forward...
no real update just been dealing with my 91 talon atm just bought a 2nd gen auto trans and ratchet shifter installing a 20g turbo and tune. The 18det I had in my car I gave to Raven so I can commit to the LS. just a lot of life stuff going on including school.
Car still sits smh. Had to battle covid and still waiting on my talon not working doesn't help either. picking up a part time job at auto zone soon and hopefully doing lyft as well will get me caught up and I can get ahead on these projects.
Blah, lol She still sits patiently waiting. took me forever to find an intermediate shaft for my Talon finally found one once I take delivery I'll be able to get it done and try to focus on the 12. need to find a dash for the 12 as well...
Schools finally done, well the hard part anyway I'll have more time to mess with just the money to do so everything is slowly coming together...
so Graduated school got my diploma waiting to get my LMT license so I can get a better paying job and actually get started again on this project....
Need more updates man!