Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Sep 28, 2013, 8:46 pm · #451
8SixS12 on 09:16:28 PM / 23-Sep-13Sounds good. I'll keep you posted. So you excited about the move?

I am! I've always enjoyed being the new guy. and besides this is a fresh start for me...Us and it's really something we need! I'm most likely taking the car with me. I've been over to s12OC and the guys over there think I should bring it with me. I've looked into it and so far it doesn't seem to be too expensive as long as I don't do door to door. From port to port its about 1400 before taxes! which isn't bad so I would have to drive it or tow it to cali and drop it off at the port then they put it in a container and on a ship and off she goes! Kendra is looking to see if they have package deals because they also ship other things as well like pets and furniture.

So that is an option besides I don't think I'll get what I want for it If I do decide to sell it. But you better absolutely fucking believe that I will be getting a skyline when I'm over there! lol
sideways_s12Sep 29, 2013, 11:22 pm · #452

Now If I can find a couple of dump pipes and an oil feed line. lol I found the oil feedline  just need to find out what fittings in the turbo and block work...

8SixS12Oct 1, 2013, 8:23 am · #453

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about. BTW, I'll be in Vegas on 11/5. What's the plan?

sideways_s12Oct 3, 2013, 8:42 pm · #454

I got the clutch and flywheel on just need trans bolts so i can mate the trans and drop the motor in. While trying to move the motor around and lower it I saved it from totally fucking my oil pan. I was loering the motor and went to fast I pulled a vin diesel from fast and furious (the fourth one) and caught it by the chain before it slammed into the ground lol had to hold it with one hand and jack it back up with the other. It's shitty working on shit by yourself when you need an extra 2 hands. Oh well I saved it. Now to find some trans bolts.

ProlowtoneOct 4, 2013, 12:31 am · #455

lol, i have had a few of those moments in the last few years

8SixS12Oct 4, 2013, 5:23 am · #456

Yeah. Tell me about it. Working alone has it's up sides but mostly it sucks!

sideways_s12Oct 4, 2013, 9:40 pm · #457

I concur lol

sideways_s12Oct 10, 2013, 9:46 pm · #458

Got my oil feed line now just waiting for the trans bellhousing bolts to get here and I can drop the motor in!

WonderingravenOct 10, 2013, 10:24 pm · #459

Sweet!

8SixS12Oct 11, 2013, 5:21 am · #460

Cool I might even get to see this thing when I'm in town.

sideways_s12Oct 11, 2013, 9:32 pm · #461

hopefully! lol I hope to have it done before the end of the month.

sideways_s12Oct 13, 2013, 4:37 am · #462

woot!! got the trans on time to.drop the motor in!

8SixS12Oct 13, 2013, 5:45 am · #463

Pics man.  Where are the pics?

sideways_s12Oct 13, 2013, 4:20 pm · #464

lol it was a last min thing because I got my bolts in the mail

sideways_s12Oct 15, 2013, 9:01 pm · #465

motor is almost in, the chain set up I was using broke mid drop luckily it didn't hurt anything but the other chain I have is way to short so I had to invest in another chain so hopefully it will be in tomorrow.

IggyEGuanaOct 15, 2013, 11:35 pm · #466

use a strap or tow rope. even a seatbelt

sideways_s12Oct 16, 2013, 9:02 pm · #467

I just went and bought a longer thicker chain should be good now with any swap lol.

Update the motor is finally in! Woot !!!!!!

Pics
(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20131016_184301_zps79a2dc9a.jpg)

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20131016_184140_zps144bc158.jpg)

clearance of the wastegate and strut tower

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20131016_184238_zpse048a105.jpg)

IggyEGuanaOct 16, 2013, 9:23 pm · #468

its on!

8SixS12Oct 16, 2013, 9:46 pm · #469

Turn up!  It's in!

sideways_s12Oct 16, 2013, 11:45 pm · #470
IggyEGuana on 09:23:05 PM / 16-Oct-13its on!


almost!
ProlowtoneOct 17, 2013, 5:49 pm · #471

Bout frickin time! LOL :P glad to see it so close to being together

sideways_s12Oct 19, 2013, 9:44 pm · #472

got my wastegate pipe woot!

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20131018_130611_zps98f67aa4.jpg)
Post Merge


And yes it is Hot and Ready lol
8SixS12Oct 19, 2013, 9:57 pm · #473

Haha nice one!...corny but still a nice one!

sideways_s12Oct 20, 2013, 1:56 am · #474

lol thanks

cellblockdOct 22, 2013, 1:33 pm · #475

nice build, sucks all that shit happened with that motor.. also is it a lot easier to drop the whole rear subframe to work on the suspension and diff? seemed like it..

and looks like you got some pretty good help out there.. here i have friends (with the exception of two) who try but usually stare at me with a blank look if i ask them to do anything technically challenging..and it ends up being a lesson in how to do something rather than help me do something..lol

but pretty cool build. and i have that same dump tube siting in my garage.. (didnt fit)

DjayS12Oct 22, 2013, 4:21 pm · #476

^Not bad, I have a friend who call me when his oil pressure light lit up, and payed me to paint his calipers lol... not everybody is mechanically inclined.

ferisewheelOct 22, 2013, 4:33 pm · #477
sideways_s12 on 09:44:03 PM / 19-Oct-13got my wastegate pipe woot!

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/20131018_130611_zps98f67aa4.jpg)
Post Merge
And yes it is Hot and Ready lol

I work at Little Caesars man. Lol. Niceee
cellblockdOct 22, 2013, 5:54 pm · #478
DjayS12 on 04:21:44 PM / 22-Oct-13^Not bad, I have a friend who call me when his oil pressure light lit up, and payed me to paint his calipers lol... not everybody is mechanically inclined.

hahaha i meant i end up teaching them instead of getting help...i had some guy call me out of the blue to clean and oil his injen air filter............. (more dots inserted here).........
sideways_s12Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 pm · #479
cellblockd on 01:33:38 PM / 22-Oct-13nice build, sucks all that shit happened with that motor.. also is it a lot easier to drop the whole rear subframe to work on the suspension and diff? seemed like it..

and looks like you got some pretty good help out there.. here i have friends (with the exception of two) who try but usually stare at me with a blank look if i ask them to do anything technically challenging..and it ends up being a lesson in how to do something rather than help me do something..lol

but pretty cool build. and i have that same dump tube siting in my garage.. (didnt fit)

As far as the suspension and diff we pulled the whole subframe because iggy had a different car so he gave me his old subframe with his camber fix on it not to mention his welded r180 diff  my original diff was fucked from the previous owner (no oil is my guess) thats why we did the rear subframe other wise the rear suspension is easy. And the wastegate dump will get cut to fit it is waaaaaaaaay to long lol.
cellblockdOct 22, 2013, 9:04 pm · #480

Hahaha well that's cool.. Is it a 38mm flange (tial style) if so you can have the dump tube I got you just have to pay shipping

sideways_s12Oct 22, 2013, 9:16 pm · #481

I have the wastegate dump I need the turbo dump.

cellblockdOct 23, 2013, 8:09 am · #482

The downpipe you mean?  Yeah that's gonna be a custom affair.. I had to make mine ,I built a jig that I put my stock headers in.. Than bolted the turbo and manifold to it. Than I was able to figure out how much distance to the spipe or down pipe coupler.. Makes figuring the piping out a lot easier.

Post Merge


Ok I guess I should say I made a jig around my stock headers than removed them and placed the manifold and turbo in it to figure out clearances and distances
sideways_s12Oct 23, 2013, 8:11 pm · #483

I have a down pipe lol I mean the dump off the back of the turbo the down pipe connects to the dump I.E. I was running open dump before I upgraded turbos

cellblockdOct 23, 2013, 11:38 pm · #484

Lol god damned dude...hahahaha ok so you need a recirculated wategate dump....lol
Post Merge


My tc is setup open dump.. I like that the excess heat gets driven out of the system. Although I have to tune around the afr readings because it ends up bypassing the o2sensor. So the 02 maps and up all friggin weird except wot.. When the ecu doesn't run closed loop..

closed dump has a lot of good things going for it except excess egt levels. Easier to tune especially before 40% throttle
Post Merge
I like your build a lot so far man
sideways_s12Oct 24, 2013, 3:52 am · #485

no I dont want a recirc I like the sound of an open dump. and thanks I cant wait to drive it. I did some work today buttoned up some odds and ends I need an oil dipstick tube tho as mine got crushed when the chain on the hoist broke.  almost there tho...

cellblockdOct 24, 2013, 8:50 am · #486

Gogogogo!!!!! Lol

sideways_s12Oct 24, 2013, 3:46 pm · #487

I can't wait for it to gogogogogogo lol

cellblockdOct 24, 2013, 10:56 pm · #488

Hahahaha me either (same boat need starter) lol

sideways_s12Oct 26, 2013, 10:00 pm · #489

So I've found an oil dipstick tube on nico just waiting for the guy to get back to me with a price. and figured out my turbo dump situation so all that's left is to fab the dump modify the waste gate dump and get gas gonna fire it up without the rad installed to to make sure everything motor wise is good will only run for a min or 2 gonna check for leaks and such. Still have to drill holes for the mishi rad

sideways_s12Nov 2, 2013, 8:56 pm · #490

The black widow is ALIIIIIVE!!!!!.....Well sorta can't seem to get her to stay running for longer than 30 secs maybe tomorrow I can got out there and try to button up the things that need it like vaccum lines and other misc stuff hopefully I can get her to run longer than 30 secs...

ProlowtoneNov 4, 2013, 1:09 am · #491

woot wooot! yeah, Brandons had vac leaks the fist time it fired up, had to keep revving - stalled once off throttle. Think it was the big line beside intake mani was not plumbed into the intake, it would stay idling afterwards tho :) .

sideways_s12Nov 4, 2013, 3:02 am · #492

yeah well there's a lot of stuff not hooked up on it I was hoping to get it to run in limp mode where is would just idle but that didn't work lol So tomorrow (later today since it's after midnite here) when I get off work I'll go out there and try to hook everything up that I can.

sideways_s12Nov 7, 2013, 3:05 am · #493

ok well the car has to go to the shop as something is wrong with the wiring didn't change a thing just added some electrical tape to an exposed wire plugged the battery in and harness started smoking not sure why but I'm not an electrical guy so it has to go to the shop glad I bought a second harness and ecu.

ProlowtoneNov 7, 2013, 3:02 pm · #494

shitty, hopefully nothing major happened.

sideways_s12Nov 8, 2013, 3:51 pm · #495

I don't think anything major happened I unplugged it as soon as it started to smoke

sideways_s12Nov 9, 2013, 11:19 pm · #496

Woot car goes to the shop on monday to get the wiring fixed!!!

cellblockdNov 12, 2013, 6:11 pm · #497

these cars seem like they want to die....lol

sideways_s12Nov 13, 2013, 2:33 am · #498

lol I feel that way sometimes to.

8SixS12Nov 17, 2013, 5:50 am · #499

Agreed. That's why I'm going search for an unmolested SE car or notch next go round.

sideways_s12Nov 17, 2013, 9:34 pm · #500

good Idea!