I was thinking 205s would look kind of balloonish on the hoshinos...I wanted azenis, but the local tire/exhaust shop guy said he couldnt get rt615s any more...i guess his supplier stopped selling them. He could get another azenis, but he wasnt sure if he could get it in time before this weekend...also, 400 bucks versus 300 bucks. I will most likely hit up tire rack or discount tires next time...but time was an issue. These are Sunny SN3800...and despite the horrible name and the fact that they are chinese tires...yes, they are made in china....i know, they did get some good reviews online that i have read...and i have already pushed them through a couple of corners and they should be able to bring the times on the car down enough this weekend to make it competitive or damn close. After school tomorrow i am going to go heat cycle them on the loop...got to get that new tire grease off.
fyi the treadwear, temp, and grip rating on these were right on par with the azenis he could have gotten....i dont remember the brand number...