Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Feature your car

Started by yoyokata · Mar 17, 2005 · 101postsSMF 2010–26vBulletin 2004–05

TurboPowerAug 4, 2005, 8:00 am · #51

Thanks, i dont have any other pictures but i can take some when i have some spare time.

Umai NaaAug 27, 2005, 8:36 am · #52

\'85 S12 Gazelle Hatch, Auto, Live Axle.

used to look like this:

posted image

Work Carried out thus far:
stripped out interior
4-point half cage
engine bay and interior painted in White Knight Pacific Blue Hammerfinish
minimalised dash and wiring loom
seam-rivited floorpan
towbar fitted for vehicle lifting conveniance
body mouldings removed
some rust removed
manual pedal box installed
Noltec Castor rod bushes

Parts Aquired to be fitted:
CA18DET
C-Series Trans
Auto+Manual Trans Crossmember
RB20 60mm Throttlebody
RB20 80mm Air Flow Meter
Nismo H190 1.5-way LSD
USDM MKII Grille
910 Bluebird TRX Series 3 axles and disc brakes
R31 Skyline Castor rods
S13 Hubs
Old Man Emu (LOL) Upper rear shock bushes

\'84 S12 Gazelle Hatch, Manual, Live Axle.

Does this every now and then (this is what the blue car is meant to do):

posted image

Work Carried out so far:
Stainless Steel 4-2-1 extractors
2.25-in Aluminised Mild steel mandrel bent exhaust
Koni Red adjustable rear shocks
K-Mac 40mm lower standard rate rear springs
Noltec Upper and lower trailing arm bushes
Noltec Castor rod bushes (modified for more castor)
Noltec front swaybar D bushes
Nolathane front swaybar end-link bushes
Old Man Emu Upper rear shock bushes
A1 Hardman Pod filter
Advanced distributor
replaced alternator with rebuilt unit
replaced battery
SR20 S13 15x6in rims, B\'stone G3 205/60/15 (Fr), B\'stone G2 205/60/15 (Rr)
SGL velour sunvisors
S13 180SX steering wheel
Faux wood grain gear knob
lopped gearstick
LUK $90 Clutch kit
Pioneer 6in splits front
Kenwood 6in 2-ways rear
numerous stuffed animals
replaced injector seals
replaced rocker cover gasket

Work to be done:
replace distributor O-ring
replace thermostat and housing gasket
fit s13 CA18 radiator
and the list keeps growing...

@^*FeNdERbeNdeR*^@Aug 29, 2005, 10:12 pm · #53

I\'m loving the Minilites...

Do you have a full set?

S12PSIAug 30, 2005, 11:39 am · #54

The RS12

posted image

posted image

Its got a ca18det,Pod filter, rb20det Intercooler, Trust Stainless Low Mount manifold, Trust TD05-14b turbo, 45mm Turbosmart External wastegate, Trust dump pipe, full 3\" mandrel bent exhaust, S13 front coilover conversion(camber/height), S13 front strut brace (modified), Custom King springs in the rear, with KONI adjustable shocks, SR20DET front brakes with ENDLESS pads (still got drums in the rear but it STOPS well), 17\" wheels all round, ca18det S12 bonnet (rare), custom machined aluminium shift knob with an E.Nardi steering wheel.

Whats not in YET, BRIDE reclinable bucket seat, R32 GTR passenger seat, 75mm thick intercooler, new intercooler piping, RB25 AFM, ROM tune, LSD and new diff ratio\'s.

No power figures as yet, but i will update.

Joel07Aug 30, 2005, 11:45 am · #55

:yikes: Wow!!!

Right click, save as!  What kind of rims are those, I love it!!!   :banger:  :headbang:

S12PSIAug 30, 2005, 11:57 am · #56

On my car?

Joel07Aug 30, 2005, 1:43 pm · #57
On my car?


Heck yeah!!!
Jokes801tmcAug 30, 2005, 9:22 pm · #58

Thats a really clean car I wouldnt change a thing except for engine stuff but really nice.

oldschoolsilviaAug 30, 2005, 9:24 pm · #59

Lookin good..... :love:

S12PSIAug 31, 2005, 12:04 am · #60

The rims on the front are Volk Mesh 17x7, the rear are Line-A-Sport 17x8 (but they look close don;t they :) )

KilowattSep 1, 2005, 3:24 pm · #61

This is my car. i have spent most of the time on the looks of the engine so far... but i have done some thing to the exterior too like polishing the original rims. well, you can see yourself.
posted image

pistonfreakSep 1, 2005, 9:10 pm · #62
:yikes: Wow!!!

Right click, save as!  What kind of rims are those, I love it!!!   :banger:  :headbang:


The rear rims appear to be simmons mesh rims, the front look like reverse mesh jap rims
still close match tho
Umai NaaSep 2, 2005, 6:45 am · #63
I\'m loving the Minilites...

Do you have a full set?


they we\'re part of a full set. they were the only two that had useable tyres on them.

i\'ve since gotten rid of them, but i know where they are, and i\'ve asked the guy for them back. i want to put them on a Datto 240K (C110 Skyline) project i\'m dreaming up.

i\'d still have them if they were 15\'s or 16\'s. they sat an inch out of the rear gaurds, and used 205/60/13 tyres on them [[[ expensive.
bizzaroOct 26, 2005, 8:35 am · #64

Good lawd S12psi, those rims are hawt!
Is there a big price difference between the volks and the line-a\'s?

Umai NaaOct 28, 2005, 10:21 am · #65

A few fresh pics of the silver rocket:

posted image
posted image

Blue Rocket:

posted image
posted image

oldschoolsilviaOct 28, 2005, 4:23 pm · #66

You think you got a big enough filter?  :p

TsumaJan 18, 2006, 5:20 pm · #67
And yes I am 15, beleive it or not.
Cool. So am I. :D w00t! I\'m not the only 15 year old here!
RedS12Jan 30, 2006, 4:27 pm · #68

Hello all!  Been lurking here for a while, finally got around to getting some pictures of my ride.
posted image

I haven\'t done much to it. Put new 280ZX springs up front and 300ZXTT springs in the rear.  Added a Panasonic deck and 6\" pana speakers, Oh and added a Grant wheel...

edited april 23 \'06-
now with Falken Hanabi 17x7.5\"s Ya!
posted image

Now i just need that CA18DET i want :biggrin:

Jsvob03Jan 30, 2006, 8:40 pm · #69

Are those Z wheels?

RedS12Jan 30, 2006, 9:32 pm · #70

As far as i know there the original wheels for the car.  I think they are 15 X 6.
Id like to get some OZ Superleggera\'s some time in the next year or two...
posted image

Jokes801tmcJan 30, 2006, 9:34 pm · #71

As nice as those wheels are, there pretty heavy. Your car looks to be in good shape though.

ROSKOracerMar 22, 2006, 1:02 am · #72

Update!!
If your not familiar with this car it is a Oval race car and is under a reconstruction

Actually alot further along now but these will have to do...

This is the special dash that flips up if we have an electrical problem.

[url]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2231000-2231999/2231246_9.jpg[/a]
[url]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2231000-2231999/2231246_8.jpg[/a]

And this is the redesigned bumper.
[url]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2231000-2231999/2231246_10_full.jpg[/a]

Lots of room to work...
[url]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2231000-2231999/2231246_7.jpg[/a]

And yes it is a joy to work on because almost everything is very easily accesible

Any questions?

FantasyApr 3, 2006, 9:22 pm · #73

The first post in this thread has been updated with all the new specs and new photos. Please go check is out.

Cheers,

R.

@^*FeNdERbeNdeR*^@Apr 3, 2006, 9:26 pm · #74

Is your old car copper or red? It\'s very deceiving....

westside27375Apr 3, 2006, 9:40 pm · #75

My 1985 Nissan 200sx Turbo

Engine
- Rebuilt CA18ET
   - With balanced bottom end
   - 4 new pistons
   - Lighten flywheel and balanced
   - new oil pump, water pump, timing belt, timing tensionor
   - All new gaskets

- CA18ET Cylinder Head
   - Ported out intake and exhuast ports
   - 3 angle valve grind
   - Colt Cam\'s Performance Camshaft

- Standard Exhuast manifold with Kool Coats coating to keep the heat in

- CA20E Intake Manifold

- T28BB turbo off a S15 SR20DET
   - Exhuast Turbine Housing sprayed with Kool Coats coating to keep heat in
   - SS autochrome Stainless Steel Downpipe

- 3 inch stainless steel exhuast
   - Magnaflow SS Cat
   - Magnaflow SS Muffler

- MSD coils

- Electric Fans

- 1G DSM Blow off valve

- Custom Intake piping with cone style K&N air filter

posted image

Interior
- Oil Pressure Gauge
- Coolant Temp Gauge
- Boost/Vaccum Gauge
- EGR Gauge
- Short Shifter
- Grant Steering Wheel

posted image

Suspension
- CCM Springs
- New Standard Shocks and Strut inserts, for now
- Suspension Techniques Adjustable Rear Sway bar

Exterior
- Sleeper faded red (read pink) colour
- 15X7 0 offset Koing Rewinds with custom powercoated colour

posted image

Mods to be completed in the next month or so...

- Custom made intercooler ( which I have already)
- New intake piping to account for the intercooler

Mods to be completed in the next 3 months

- Oil cooler maybe
- New electric fan setup
- Up boost pressure to 14 PSI from the current 5 PSI
- New paint job I hope!! Black here I come!!

FantasyApr 3, 2006, 9:46 pm · #76
Is your old car copper or red? It\'s very deceiving....

It's orange. It is very similar to the Fast and Furious Supra but we took the entire brown tinter out and that's what it looks like. It's just a modified Lambo color.

I will point out that the orange S12 was painted way before the Fast and Furious movie was ever thought of.

I had that car in 1997 to 2000.
FantasyApr 3, 2006, 10:04 pm · #77

Link back to the updated post [url]http://www.club-s12.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7830[/a]

continental_driftApr 4, 2006, 11:34 pm · #78
My 1985 Nissan 200sx Turbo

Engine
- Rebuilt CA18ET
   - With balanced bottom end
   - 4 new pistons
   - Lighten flywheel and balanced
   - new oil pump, water pump, timing belt, timing tensionor
   - All new gaskets

- CA18ET Cylinder Head
   - Ported out intake and exhuast ports
   - 3 angle valve grind
   - Colt Cam\'s Performance Camshaft

- Standard Exhuast manifold with Kool Coats coating to keep the heat in

- CA20E Intake Manifold

- T28BB turbo off a S15 SR20DET
   - Exhuast Turbine Housing sprayed with Kool Coats coating to keep heat in
   - SS autochrome Stainless Steel Downpipe

- 3 inch stainless steel exhuast
   - Magnaflow SS Cat
   - Magnaflow SS Muffler

- MSD coils

- Electric Fans

- 1G DSM Blow off valve

- Custom Intake piping with cone style K&N air filter

posted image

Interior
- Oil Pressure Gauge
- Coolant Temp Gauge
- Boost/Vaccum Gauge
- EGR Gauge
- Short Shifter
- Grant Steering Wheel

posted image

Suspension
- CCM Springs
- New Standard Shocks and Strut inserts, for now
- Suspension Techniques Adjustable Rear Sway bar

Exterior
- Sleeper faded red (read pink) colour
- 15X7 0 offset Koing Rewinds with custom powercoated colour

posted image

Mods to be completed in the next month or so...

- Custom made intercooler ( which I have already)
- New intake piping to account for the intercooler

Mods to be completed in the next 3 months

- Oil cooler maybe
- New electric fan setup
- Up boost pressure to 14 PSI from the current 5 PSI
- New paint job I hope!! Black here I come!!


[span style=\'font-size:17pt;line-height:100%\']PROPER![/span]
MagnumApr 5, 2006, 6:43 am · #79

Travis, I don\'t see any Cam gear listed there!

ArroApr 5, 2006, 3:15 pm · #80

Travis, you rock, that\'s pretty much the EXAT path I want for mine. We are going to have to rap about the CA20E intake, since I\'m not sure what to do with the idle air controls and the vac lines.

westside27375Apr 5, 2006, 9:33 pm · #81

Thanks everyone.

Magnum, I forgot to add the cam gear. It\'s not on the car yet...I\'m hoping to get it done next week, as I\'m still trying to find someone with some knowledge in degreeing an engine.

Arro, We can have that chat any old time. I\'m thinkin about writing up a how-to for people.

ArroApr 5, 2006, 9:44 pm · #82

Take a look at those manifold pictures I posted in the Club Gallery of the CA20E intake manifold... you can use those in your writeup, add some pointer lines and descriptions or whatever else you need.

NeedCAforS13Apr 24, 2006, 10:11 pm · #83

ROSKOracer, that car is off the hook awesome! I want a tube chassied s12. one question, why all the positive caster? that front wheel looks really far back in the wheel well. I guess it might be the body work just being in a different spot than stock though.

westside, those konigs look awesome. good wheel fitament man. finally someone running proper rwd offsets, none of this +40 fwd crap. car looks so much beefier with good low offset wheels.

ROSKOracerApr 24, 2006, 11:11 pm · #84

Thanks New pictures of it coming soon. The Positive caster is just an allusion, it actually doesn\'t have that much. We believe the top speed is close to 190 KPH. The car has a 5 gear transmission and I only use 1st and 2nd at a half mile oval.

ChEsTeRDec 14, 2006, 1:19 pm · #85

This is my new silvia It needs some work but ist ib better condition then the old one RIP.

silvia loveDec 14, 2006, 4:48 pm · #86

a little slideshow, only pictures i have now. not modded up yet. ive been busy working 2 jobs trying to get money for the car.car looks better now its been rubbed out and shines deep. colors holding up, no fade or peel yet. rustoleum is teh ish. now that i got some cash flow theres a lot in store.
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/coas...=1166134753.pbw

miltonDec 22, 2006, 4:35 pm · #87

cool car , i have one too

just no pics

Sean1978Dec 11, 2007, 6:11 pm · #88

#1
posted image
posted image

1993 Nissan 240SX
This cas has been built as a somewhat classy daily driver. It's got all of the power options and everything works except for cruize control (I'm not missing anything). The suspension was setup to be comfortable enough for long business drives and hauling my girlfriend around.

Performance:
- 1997 S14 KA engine swap (A/C works!)
- Blitz Nur-Spec 3 inch catback
- Nismo engine mounts
- Fidanza short shifter
- XTD stage 2 street clutch
- Hicass LSD
- Eibach Sportline springs with KYB AGX shocks
- Godspeed Swaybars (front and rear)
- Solid spherical bearing T/C rods
- Ebay strut tower bar (front only)

Cosmetic:
- OEM S15 front seats
- OEM S13 Silvia skirts
- New black carpet
- Momo "race" steering wheel
- fresh paint
- Konig rewinds (15x7, 0 offset)

I'm honestly about done with this car. The exhaust was puchased for car #2 and will be swapped out as soon as I find a desent 2.5 inch catback with a resonator. I'm going to put a Xenon front lip onto it next month. I may do a low-boost (200ish Rwhp) in the future after project #2 is finished.

#2

I'm have been building this car
1993 240SX.
blacktop S13 SR20DET.
Chargespeed everything.
lots of other stuff. Needs about $10,000.00 to get it to the place I want it to be.
I'm building this car for HPDE and drift events.
posted image
posted image

#3

The S12. I bough this car mainly for classic appeal. I want to make it super clean on the outside and do some minor styling alterations and performance modifications.

Since I bought it I have purchased all-new interior panels from OEM surplus. I'd like to find a better set of seats but I have a feeling I'll be looking in junkyards for a long time for the same type in better condition.
I'm going to have the car painted black again as soon as I find some factory V6 Skirts and a bumper. I'd like to run a CA20ET on this car (for old-school appeal)
I have been buying an assload of interior tidbits to make it look like new again on the inside. I'm doing an S13 front suspension conversion and will probably run some custom made springs and koni shocks on the back:
posted image
posted image
posted image

bluke1Apr 16, 2008, 6:27 pm · #89

nice cars! what is this oem surplus you mention?

ListerJun 9, 2008, 10:59 pm · #90

1984 Nissan Gazelle Aus Spec PJS12

R34 RB25 Neo
    Greddy copy Manifold
    Q45 80mm Throttle Body
    EMS 8860 Engine management system
    600x300x75 Intercooler
posted image

R33 Re4r01a 4Speed automatic transmission
    All Standard except run by and Aus Spec R31 Skyline transmission Computer.

Watanabes 16x8 fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1 205/55/16
posted image

3" Exhaust no Cat and only 1 muffler, finishes just in front of the rear axle

Interior is relativeley stock except for the Streering wheel which will changed as soon as my Nardi gets back from the trimmers.
posted image

A Before Shot
posted image

And the End result
First Time Out 13.40 @ 105 MPH

Obvious things i need, LSD and a higher stall converter and maybe some Valve body mods to make it shift firmer.

ArroJul 3, 2008, 4:24 pm · #91

Thats what makes the RB swap so cool -- instant results.

KLOXJul 3, 2008, 5:04 pm · #92

1985 Pontiac Grand Prix

Mods:
-2 pump Hydraulic Suspension with 10 switches
-15" Dayton Wire Wheels
-Hedman Headers
-Custom one off dual exhaust
-some other crap i cant remember right now... lol

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

DEN_S12GPOct 30, 2008, 1:17 pm · #93

HI ?nd it is mine silvia S12 Gran Prix
posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

David BOct 30, 2008, 1:35 pm · #94

NICE

what rear setup is that dudeee

D-sport S12Oct 30, 2008, 8:28 pm · #95

I like the rear and front widebody fenders, did you make them yourself?

seishukuOct 30, 2008, 9:46 pm · #96

Grandprix model, STOCK widebody.

Nice SR, stock intake though? Gotta ditch that!

D-sport S12Oct 30, 2008, 10:12 pm · #97

I want those fenders

seishukuOct 30, 2008, 10:15 pm · #98

Join the club.

tuhsty s-12Dec 20, 2008, 10:11 pm · #99

wut brakes are those?

SkS12Feb 18, 2009, 1:02 pm · #100

Model:
1987 nissan 200sx turbo ca18et(ca18det swap in future)

Interior:
oldschool momo wheel, autometer boost gauge, blitz turbo timer, s13 silvia jdm seat
plastic nismo style shift knob

Wheels & Suspension:
15" x 8" sportmax 501's
Front s13 control arms, tension rods, spindles, brakes and s14 tension rod brackets
megan racing s12 coilovers

All work done by me including all fabrication.

posted image