Browse › Community ›Meets and events

AUSSIE S12 Drivers

Started by SHEPPO3930 · around Jun 2004 · 78postsvBulletin 2004–05

This thread was saved without dates. "Around Jun 2004" is estimated from neighbouring threads.

silskydate not saved · #51

frazer coast ,queensland here.Will be in sydney between 23rd december and 10th january and would love to meet up with some of you guys

red_devildate not saved · #52

Aussie S12 driver here 8)

Im in Adelaide though, but i agree with your idea about getting a list of all Australian S12's. I see a couple of S12's on the roads here in Adelaide, hopefully some of them are members here, maybe this thread will help bring us all together.

And another Adelaidian. Recent buyer though, so i havent been in hiding.

Festerdate not saved · #53

Sydney S12 owner

SHEPPO3930date not saved · #54

all aussie s12 drivers, my msn is [email removed] feel free to add me as i am building up a list on my msn.

wal33ddate not saved · #55

Sydney S12 owner

hay good to see more s12 owners in sydney....we all should go for a cruze 1 day...oh yeah ur s12 looks well looked after fester ...good job .
see ya around

to all s12 owners i got car parts 4 sale [email removed] for the msn list.

toxicdate not saved · #56

Im another adelaide s12 owner (there seems to be a few of us which is wierd cause i never see any).
Hey nissanman! remember me? we chatted on nissansilvia.com a while ago!
If any of the adelaide s12's wanna have a meet up day im keen as!
Lets organise it. Email me or something if your keen and i'll get something going.

Cheers Ash

Umai Naadate not saved · #57

another NSW member.

im from the southern highlands which is half way between syd and the ACT. unfortunately, i'd have to buy another s12 to cruise coz mine is off the road now being built into a track hack.

specs: 1/85 Aus-spec dark blue/light blue auto live axle hatch.

Mods:
Triple G four-point halfcage (fitted)
Noltec rear trailing arm bushes (fitted)
Noltec front lower control arm bushes (ordering on tuesday)
K-Mac stiffer sway bars front and rear (ordered for next saturday pickup)
K-Mac 50% stiffer rear springs (ordered for next saturday pickup)
Nolathane bushes (come with sway bars)
Series 3 Bluebird diff (pickup the saturday after next)
S13 front hubs (sitting on garage floor)
Narva momentary switch for adjustable hieght headlights (fitted)
Bonnet jacked up at rear
Interior 80% stripped
3 sets of rims (different front and rear of course!!)

*If anyone needs a pair of adjustable castor rods made (esp those in NSW) drop us a PM coz i have a workshop who will do these at a reasonable price compared to what you'd pay for, for like s13 ones ($400??!! come on!!)

if anyone has any questons PM us or email me: [email removed]

cheers!!

gerrybgdate not saved · #58

Unai Naa series 3 bbird H190 diff is a borg warner, Gazelle H190 has a Japanese H190 has a longer 'nose'. The series 3 bbird axles complete with disc brakes will bolt into a Gazelle housing though.

Scooterdate not saved · #59

hmm can u get LSD for the S 3 bb easy?

gerrybgdate not saved · #60

You can't they're as rare as hen's teeth. If you did find one and you wanted to put it into a Gazelle, and it was a borg warner you'd have the same problem of it being a 'short nose', so you'd probably have to get your tail shaft lengthened slightly.

By the way in keeping with this thread I'm in Brisbane.

FLY PSIdate not saved · #61

Ive been lazy and havent here posted yet. I drive an 84' coupe with an SR conversion, i live just around the corner from Neb, so ther is sometimes 2 SR gazelles parked in my driveway :banger:
I also have a 2nd S12 coupe that has a CA18DET init, but it isnt running yet

gerrybgdate not saved · #62

Did you do the conversion yourself? Its not Anthony Sephton's old car is it?

mys12rdate not saved · #63

yeah i think it is. lucky s12er :burnout:

FLY PSIdate not saved · #64

Did you do the conversion yourself? Its not Anthony Sephton's old car is it?

Thats the car! but the engine bay now looks a little different, as i have added alot of parts to it now 8)

Ozrobdate not saved · #65

Been lurking for a while

Have s12 with fj20t conversion
allso it's giving me the sh*ts

Umai Naadate not saved · #66

Unai Naa series 3 bbird H190 diff is a borg warner, Gazelle H190 has a Japanese H190 has a longer 'nose'. The series 3 bbird axles complete with disc brakes will bolt into a Gazelle housing though.

yeah, i thought as much. the wrecker didnt sound very confident on the phone either.

either way, the car will have discs on the rear 8)

shanedate not saved · #67

good to see another perth fella Ozrob what wrong with your car??

martybdate not saved · #68

Adelaide
NE/Hills

nissanmandate not saved · #69

Adelaide
NE/Hills

Good to hear from ya!

What colour ur S12?

nissanmandate not saved · #70

And another Adelaidian. Recent buyer though, so i havent been in hiding.

Hey man!
What area do u live in?
Im in Tea Tree Gully, Golden Grove, Salisbury area.

I seen a White S12 the other day near Elizebeth, NISMO sticker i went next to him he nodded and gave me thumbs up, older guy owned it, didnt want to race! LOL

Also seen another White one but this guy was a P' Plater. Near Elizebeth too!
Had rims, bout it.

Fazmodate not saved · #71

This was a great idea, love your work Sheppo.
I'm another boy from the National Capital, I drive an '84 CA20E coupe. No engine mods, just aftermarket shocks (KYB) and springs (King).
I'm looking to buy an S12 hatch as well so PLEASE check the "wanted to buy" section, I'm going to keep plugging it until I get one. I've been advertising on all the forums and checking all the classified ads I can think of but it's proving to be harder to find than a straight guy in Sydney :gay:
I'd totally be up for a bit of an S12 cruise ending in Sydney ...even though Sydney's a toilet. :laugh:
I'd be so ashamed though, turning up in my filthy S12 basher while everyone else is standing next to their gorgeous pristine turbo examples!!!
Any ACT boys other than Al3x?
Will look forward to the cruise, my email is [email removed]
God bless boys,
.fraz.

FLY PSIdate not saved · #72

I'd be so ashamed though, turning up in my filthy S12 basher while everyone else is standing next to their gorgeous pristine turbo examples!!!

Mines to pristine at all,it has 20year old faded paint and some slight damage. but it is turbo 8-)

Fazmodate not saved · #73

Well if somebody will sell me a Hatch (with IRS) I'll put my CA18 and S13 trannie in it and get LSD and paint it and it'll be fast and beautiful so I won't be quite so ashamed but I can't do that until SOMEBODY SELLS ME A HATCH :wall:
I'm advertising on all the Silvia websites and performance fora and checking the Sydney Morning Herald, Canberra Times, Carpoint and the Tradingpost. Anyone got any other ideas? Might go have a chat to my wrecker and get him to give me a call if an S12 comes through 'cos obviously it doesn't matter if it has engine/trans or not.
I think us East Coast boys should try to organise the inaugural annual "S12-o-rama" ...don't worry the name's just a prototype. You know, start a proper club that isn't just an online forum and get out to a track somewhere. You know, do some drifting, some 1/4s, that sort of crap. Of course I'm happy to wait until I have a faster car and won't be so embarrassed!!!
God bless boys, keep us all posted about this cruise idea.

FLY PSIdate not saved · #74

I just pick up anoughter gazelle today, and guess what........ its an IRS coupe :guitar: 8-)

Fazmodate not saved · #75

It's not Manuel's is it?
Red one, crappy motor and auto trans. If so ...damn you. :hit: I'm hoping he'll sell it to me so I can get the IRS and the front panels for my coupe.
Well keep an eye out for a hatch ...you have enough S12s, it's my turn :razz:
God bless

FLY PSIdate not saved · #76

thats the one. it is in very good condition, so i dont think i will pull the IRS out now, i will keep it and put my CA18det into it, and try and find just an IRS craddle for my SR coupe

Im now selling my blue coupe (soild axle) that had the CA18 init cheap without motor. just check the for sale section

Fazmodate not saved · #77

dammit

strychninedate not saved · #78

Perth boy here, drive a CA20E hatchback. Been lurking for a while, decided it was about time I signed up.

Had my s12 since about 2001, running stock due to a lack of funds and money. Needs a bit of a tune up as well. So if you don't mind I'll probably be picking you lots brains for tips.