some ride along runs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ou3gFTC8keE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3NJMTHJAT6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x7Bt5XNRujc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9jM5DJp04Zk
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...
Nice!! What diff are you using outta curiosity?..
r200 welded diff.
I had an epic, and fun day at IFO / Vegas Drift. My driving ability I have noticed has became better even today it became better as I progressed with seat time.
I put my VG to the test today, I felt I pushed her to the edge and she fought but still delivered.
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10177500_761603063879848_9092837403094801787_n.jpg)
Photos by Kristoff Lutchman www.kristofflutchman.com
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10308133_761681457205342_8345931402267282973_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10253907_761681467205341_1687000231910170660_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10170927_761681460538675_1340427066111340184_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10245298_761681567205331_2304575079750397159_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10259766_761681607205327_5179911395352636792_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10334283_761681613871993_6077921345287144973_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10270620_761681697205318_7632763340461081297_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-9/10250064_761681753871979_2045193627565743333_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10334371_761681730538648_6006279551112103293_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10312616_761681767205311_436729193800528892_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1381733_761681790538642_3254219996739282639_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10152407_761681837205304_7654948033829503725_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1622130_761681850538636_430132595661099357_n.jpg)
Couple of videos
First run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvTeKa3Pk78
Second Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qky51sZ9qHA
Third Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UF9IR1YUq4
Fourth Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfqEZLYWNiU
After 3 - 4 runs my car would overheat almost maxing out the guage.
Post Merge
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/10247496_761785393861615_2542126985701481252_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10334320_761786313861523_2745256164686301026_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10269484_761786333861521_2154127369563649376_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10245502_761786353861519_6601111839044050405_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10176104_761786367194851_8070802793051949365_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10338803_761786380528183_8144066490817084243_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10300116_761786397194848_4806698330160728174_n.jpg)
lack of power is whats hurting you. It drifts like my car before the ca20 was boosted. after you go carb see if the added power makes enough of a difference. If not then you might consider switching to a 4.11 r200. I have one i can trade you
Yeah technically I wonder for now if I can just use the msd ignition box till I get the dizzy in.
My exhaust leak and leaky injectors and who knows what else I am looosing tons of power I have the safc to keep the idle steady. You know it has to be bad when I hacked the safc into the z31 ecu just to keep her running.
Little update, house was rejected Cash > FHA loans. So I am back to hunting for a place.
In the mean time I am gearing up to drive on the 31st, but doing so I have a few projects I want to get done prior to the 31st.
I got to finish getting the s13 front swap done with tension rods, LCA, and tension rod brackets. I then want to get this carb installed, tuned, and dyno'd before then.
But not sure how I can make that happen right now especially when I am being pulled apart by family matters and waiting for parts. I also need a new seat as last event I broke my 4th seat in the same weird spot.
Got my kirkey!
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10292178_770642972975857_6970008283374472947_n.jpg)
Seat is an Drag racing from jeggs, the ECONO 20° DRAG SEAT 17.5" 570-16800 with 570-16801 VINYL COVER FOR 16800 BLK
Fits snug, I like it and has plenty of moving room when needed. Now to mount it.
Neato!
With the help of Waylon,
I got the seats mounted.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10372013_771307056242782_5998791540202028822_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10364131_771306972909457_6632633528300844013_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1531809_771306952909459_3742635165755317525_n.jpg)
Kirkey FTW!!!
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10402543_778204258886395_3034589365102867429_n.jpg)
I will just leave this here.
good times
Quicksand? Best burnout ever? Uh.... quicksand?
Quick sand trap. Lol
here is the video of me ending up in the sand trap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAzlWQDwchA&feature=player_detailpage
SAFC-2 lost it ground.
haha nice!!
Next will be night time drift, hopefully after I close escrow and get settled in before the next event, I should have my front end more squared by then too. I got burners to burn.
The course really felt different this time around as they repaved it to a really slick yet pavement but grippy powder substance,so I really had to change up things as I didn't need to clutch kick at all this time around. I started with a feint and a power over, and a few times I ripped the ebrake to counter act the under-steer I magically was getting this round. The surface was slick yet there was grip as more of the white power cooked into my tires it seemed to cause some odd reaction I really enjoyed it and I was the only one who got a ton of seat time in that course it seems I had at one point drive one of the course workers out there because no one was driving there. The wet sessions got boring and all I used the wet course was to wash off my car after I ended up in the dirt. I can't believe how much tire I did save though on this practice course, the road didn't eat up my tire, but it did cause a few chunks here and there though. Most of the course I would enter in with 3rd gear and end up in second gear when it got to the "S" and half of the time after the "S" I would spin out from applying too much power in the end but a few times I connected it all the way. The first long beginning sweeper is where I would carry a bad understeer on, if I feint with too much angle I would end up with understeer but this later on and I would get a bad vibration when doing so, ever since then it feels like I broke my passenger side wheel bearing again, good thing I have an extra set to replace it with. In the early morning after a few runs it felt like I connected the long sweeper. It was really odd, but never nor less I had a great time and a crap load of seat time. If you want alot of seat time, just reg up to a vegas drift pro am practice event, no one really goes out there as they are too much focus on the pro-am, I think at most these past few rounds, I ended up being 3 to a max of 8 car line up. This last pro-am only 4 cars was out there and that was pretty sad.
Too bad I wont be back on it that outside course until September though. So I got plenty of time to prep my car better, and do my carb conversion by then.
the vibration at full lock is probably your tie rods going over-center and the wheel shaking. its normal for pushing angle on stock knuckles
I am now getting the weirdest electrical shut off, since I broke my head light switch normally it would go solid brights due to the plastic piece inside broken from being pushed back till it breaks. but after messing with it a bit some how the brights all of a sudden lost power, I know they are not burnt out because I took a tester to the power lead and when it used to give power it does not any longer, and a few weeks ago I lost the passenger side normal head light, so for a temp fix I tapped into the driver side.
Now I have a feeling I am about to shutdown this car until I can figure out the wiring issue. No power to the relays either which I have no clue now no fuses are burned up so there has to be a burned up wire somewhere or a ground fried.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10448225_782311478475673_5464720209081490015_n.jpg)
Here is the head light wire I tapped into for the moment being since my car is loosing it's power to the passenger side of things and now both brights. Who needs brights anyways in Las Vegas :-/
Started the carb rebuild today.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10553513_802617696445051_7263866371350243220_n.jpg)
The curse of ebay parts.
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10502305_802624986444322_1602997521332081499_n.jpg)
But still good inside, just had to clean it up.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10551091_802625496444271_2958152411393479501_n.jpg)
After replacing all the gaskets, parts and even the jets it is all back together now ready to be adjusted when it is all together.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10492301_802678879772266_5681806774976548353_n.jpg)
She will get the carb setup when we get the blue demon s12 running, pushing before or by September.
lmk if you ever fix the headlight problem, my driver lowbeam doesnt work so i just tapped into it from the passenger side.
Pakii you sure it's not the headlight itself? Or maybe the stalk? why wire it from one light to the other?
I am getting no power as well from the driver side and for me it's is defiantly not he head light or the stalk.
sideways
i know its not the headlight since ive tried about 5 others, and checked for voltage at the plugs. shows 12v at both high beam wires, pass side 12volts at low beam, driver side lowbeam shows about .9v :S
i wired it from on to the other as a temp fix for now.
i also realized yesterday when i over heated and pulled over that my hazard switch does not work :glarestraight:
but my turn signals and brake lights do. i dont think its the stock but it shouldnt be ruled out.
ill have to spend a full day searching the stupid headlight harness and its 7 relays...
When I first got the car hazards worked, but when I started to get wiring problems they stopped working. My headlights are stuck in up position and I have been through about 6 head light stalks and cleaned each one. My stereo and interior lights turn on when I turn my lights on and my running lights are always on when I turn on the key. So I am thinking this relay has 2 points of failure one point fried a while ago and second recently when my driver light lost all power. Interior lights come on when it wants to. When the time comes to cage this beast I'll be going through all the internal lights because not only I want to know I also want to have a better understanding of all the relays for future troubleshooting future chassis
see if our cars were mk1 this problem would be so easy. my 86 mk1.5 does exactly what you said when the door is open when the car is both running and not with the key in the on position. i fixed the interior light problem by plugging my door light switch back in(came loose/fell out). i guess it needs to be connected for it to operate properly as opposed to the interior lights just staying on with it unplugged. so when it wasnt plugged in the dash lights and most interior things would not operate. now only the dash lights turn off(cool feature in the 80s, annoying now lol) and door chime turns on with the door open.
but it seems in the mk2 model they got rid of that feature, all my dash lights stay on with the door open. i havent been able to notice whether my interior lights work at all since ive been driving it around with absolutely no interior except for dash and door pads. but soon i will be figuring out all the little gremlins that exist.
On sunday I removed the Apexi SAFC-2 and doing so ripped the ground wire right out of the harness connector so I went to the junk yard and grabbed a replacement.
Thank goodness that there is a ton of z31 and other cars that have the same connectors. Different color wires on an mk2 ca20e hatch but the connector is the same that is all I needed so.
Brought out the soldering iron and merged wires the correct way.
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10561838_810228599017294_4929165554723181217_n.jpg?oh=38564545590b4ac7435df25ba1b7f4c7&oe=54530124)
After that I am back to my normal ECU driven mess. Which seems to be better now since removing the apexi.
Oh yeah I also just closed escrow on my house
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10527314_813059165400904_910972445191151624_n.jpg?oh=fb5edbbcc2f5df16979df57108db5bca&oe=5444A421)
Hooray for a garage with a house too!
Well here we go spent 2 days wrestling the exhaust on. Iggy and I got it together as one last final custom job for the west coast SA project.
From the red hatch Iggy picked up a few months back had this Obx exhaust and as we are addressing the blue demon hatch's exhaust it was suggested to drop the sev6 exhaust and go with something more meaty and open up the exhaust.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10603394_817858131587674_5031176304074080093_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10540821_817881121585375_617852791171707939_n.jpg)
Obx found on a turbo red hatch car.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10561735_817863161587171_8943647149572872846_n.jpg)
The sev6 monkey exhaust is on the right. 2" all the way through he obx I believe was 2 and 1/2" and deleted the cat.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/15759_817863234920497_69425907390165405_n.jpg?oh=90cd31c42e0cbe8cb10b5dea2fd15a2e&oe=5460D1D3&__gda__=1416130750_6afd0ada5531119ef9231b67655c6c49)
Different angle before deleting the cat.
Here is a video of the faster revving, it idles really quiet though but the sound is beast sounding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrjCm42BZk
Car has been acting funny since the exhaust installed. It almost feels like a slipping clutch but, I think this goes deeper as the issue is not constant as it reminds me of the time I ran with out a muffler and have a weird random feel and on top of that my oil has been broken down again to a point of changing.
*Note to self don't use 5w30*
Random issue is the loss of power feel after 3k rpm and slow acceleration then normal and randomly from 3k to 4500rpm it will act like the clutch is slipping but it picks up but the weird thing is the feel of the shift is different now, like normally I would shift at 3k - 3500 rpm on a daily driving like second to 3rd I would be doing around 30mph, my gps is picking it up around 40mph but sluggish at times. So I thinking I need to clean up the other exhaust leaks I have going on as it might be a contributing factor. Sometime next month order a performance 6 puck clutch and see how she feels.
Front suspension is giving a weird feel, almost feels like I need to really give some attention now.
on the good side, the date 08/23/2014 we had a get together / s12 meet, mini cruise, and a night of drifting fun. I'll post up the pictures later when I get home.
The nightmare returns, as.... I pulled the transmission and removed the clutch / flywheel. My clutch I ordered was the XTD Stage 3 for Turbo VG30et 87 -89 to match with the flywheel since the flywheel I used is off an 89 z31 turbo car.
When the stage 4 kit with the flywheel comes available again I will most likely grab that or upgrade to a fidenza flywheel and another 6 puck clutch unsprung.
Oddly enough it was supposed to be here Monday never showed up yet. Stupid Usps =/ Says it is in route to my house today but never showed up, Clutch is thin as a paper plate and warped to all hell, when I pulled the clutch off I had a big pile of black ash all over my face, smelling of burned up something that bad.
Currently sitting on stands waiting for that clutch and the flywheel to be resurfaced. Also located 2 Exhaust leaks that I have been hunting for so will be clearing that up and gearing up before the dec 7th vegas drift.
how are the bolts different? is the turbo clutch larger? im curious if it would be an upgrade as i want to pull my motor ASAP lol
stick with the current vg30e 200sx it matches the same setup as the z31 n/a and 86 and older turbo and a bigger selection for clutches out there. This setup is now only temp till I can afford the fidenza flywheel. Unless you want to drift I would suggest to get the fidenza / exceedy flywheel clutch combo. XTD is ebay cheap stuff, not sure if I fully like it as there is a new noise I don't like to hear but maybe I have to wait till it is broken in.
Turbo z31 clutch is a 250mm clutch disc, NA z31 and s12 is a 240mm clutch disc
i wonder if a d21 flywheel/clutch would fit both the vg and ca seeing as they are 280mm clutch disk.
CA will not bolt to a vg30, the vg is bigger in all ways. lol
yea i figured, im still curios about the d21 wheel on a 18et.
i think that would be a permanent clutch replacement lol
What motor does the d21 run?
puck clutch will never really break in. It will always chatter intermittenly when you take off from a stop. Does it less when warmed up but still might do it. my XTD did it with the ca18det with a fidanza flywheel and my ACT does it now on a oem flywheel.
Not really worried in it really. My main concern is all this last minute stuff like tires for Sunday. I love the clutch feel, xtd seems fine for now, can't beat the cheap price I'll have more hands on sunday, since the clutch isn't slipping anymore I might be able to hold drifts now.
I was rocking the best of vegas in the new XTD clutch, all I can say is damn it felt awesome. I had a few really good runs in this event, and able to keep full power at the end of the sweeper was a major plus as this was a struggle in the past in which I never knew but I suspected from the slipping clutch. Next practice event is in Jan 17th 2015 might conflict with work due to a certain black out period as I might not be able to do this event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_B4pYwxYFo&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVVkqP2Gp0&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPSmTnYTpGs&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHhWUdkSH8&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydPLxCNn11w&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkfJ64F38wk&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXuhtGAlYM&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhT4GKlzN8o&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nvxsTMJ_cE&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUeC728utU0&list=UUe86heqhmGptBFRrIc2TMlg
So I come out of work, this parking garage is supposed to be a secure location and this happened...
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10313475_889597147747105_4048740637989848489_n.jpg?oh=1251b37452b9575e14b6139aa01b4f1a&oe=5510B9BB&__gda__=1430171857_202fbab565991cb4a9de4c917968d9e3)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1978754_889597174413769_4841367474413253101_n.jpg?oh=dcaab9f101567cdebdb572de6d6a69b2&oe=55073E2A)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10846513_889597201080433_1810396232461153355_n.jpg?oh=586917a687c4055a556df44a20459ac2&oe=5509E7A6&__gda__=1430210682_6605a401f1ed04034b13ea0e3b081503)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10849788_889597227747097_6247253933680620788_n.jpg?oh=973dd95ded7b70290fcdd942221a48e1&oe=55109031&__gda__=1430094683_3c4648993195b6393d52d5dc3ab359ac)
This is why I hate Las Vegas.... first this damn casino gets hacked a year ago leaking everyones personal data and now my car gets robbed =/ and cheap fucking stereo equipment too just not cheap is replacing the hardware =(
that sucks anything come of it? did they catch whomever?
This being a casino, no they have warning signs not to leave anything in your car. I wasn't covered on my insurance because they want too much extra a month for coverage, but other then that I have put in my old speakers, sub I had before prior to the nice upgrade to kicker. Only thing I didn't upgrade was the sony deck. I had an old 90's pioneer I thrown in but sucks because all radio stations suck bad here in vegas. I miss Pandora.
In the mean time no major upgrades other then I had ahook up with an authentic throttle cable for the mk2 car straight from Vatozone. I have the part number too, for some odd reason they list it for a maxima but still 200sx.
I picked up 2 more s12's, I am trying to decide if I am going to convert the red s12 i have to an SEv6, after completely cleaning her up. I really want to consolidate the s12's I have the dark blue one I have I am still working on the ka24 for it, as I have the crankshaft removed and completely stripped down the block. About to get some engine de-greaser and clean up the block and paint it. By march I want to have the ka24de installed and ready for a fire up that is my current goal.
So after some thought, as soon as I get the ka24de rebuilt and dropped into place. I am going to migrate the whole Sev6 over to the red s12 I got from Jason. The interior is actually nice inside just dirty / dusty. I just have to attach the front bumper, but thanks to Waylon I have a parts shell to migrate any other parts over from.
Well off to the Vegas Drift Event on 02/21/2015
Browsing through the instagram for #vegasdrift and i stumbled upon.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10994155_934495859923900_4293048894417581581_n.jpg?oh=648501da9dd441cdb91e5433ba755e98&oe=55876DBA&__gda__=1431028326_cdfda703145786d2e6c9639aa53a4e05)
(https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1623655_934495873257232_3985189761698829492_n.jpg?oh=52405e987413f182501626c85997e2f1&oe=554F6062)
So I am like almost a ghost this round.
Here is some of the runs, my gopro battery crapped out and didn't catch all the runs. In total I had about 16 runs, this ended around the 12th run.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhu0SLbICz5VtHto3gc4AvF5SLrusrHBl
Finally did what I wanted to do 2 years ago.
(https://scontent-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10547625_949127958460690_464892744225353652_n.jpg?oh=1e521de2c071a923725bcb7623e4e459&oe=55B64554)
I picked up an vg30 throttle body from a parts thread that wasn't rusted / broken and fixed the screw to a point it idles perfectly.
I got 1 more thing to delete but I ran out of time, but now it idles normal now with out the need to re-adjust the idle screw after everytime I rev limit.
03/21/2015 back at the motion of drifting, they made the course more favored to high powered vehicles but supposed to be for the smaller vehicles too which it wasn't too bad actually, I got lost in the initial transition and I keep forgetting the line I want to start with.
3rd gear seems to be a short gear that when I break the 5k rpm I loose power and fast. 2nd gear is my sweet point. I shredded 2 sets of tires that day, but since removing the IACV I noticed a decrease of torque feel but gained some accel.
After revamping the whole cooling system, she is constantly over heating now and at this point I cannot drive as a daily for a while. It is now time for an engine revamp and this includes removing the efi and installing the carb conversion.