Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Fairlady Silvia - 1987 200sx SEv6...

Started by Wonderingraven · Jun 1, 2011 · 909postsSMF 2010–26

WonderingravenNov 25, 2013, 11:32 pm · #301

My only evidence that I exist here =(

It only shows the h8rs keep on h8in.

Anyways got some good news with my job.

More will go next year, I am going z31 rear arms as soon as they are ready with z31 .  Will be doing exhaust upgrade to the Headers by jan. I have planned to pick up a vg33e this off time to start a vg33e build. I might work on also getting caged up and soon as the blue car is ready I plan on putting some of the internals over.

Yeah the lines was heavy, but I had fun. I focused on this run was shift lock, clutch kick, and braking drift it would help if I did not run on Federals rsr at 32psi.

There was a time I actually connected 90% of the course. Damn man after the whole year of ups and downs with my car, this event was just amazing. I love it finally some seat time even though it was limited.

WonderingravenNov 26, 2013, 11:40 pm · #302

Thanks VegasS12 for this picture.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1453226_677750988931723_1597452149_n.jpg)

Just me in line.

WonderingravenDec 5, 2013, 9:09 pm · #303

Developed a weird error with my s12 this past week, suspect it might be a wheel bearing from up front and / or my axle shafts in the rear as they are possibly no grease left inside due to the stock bolts keeps undoing itself. Developed a weird leak with one of the q45 calipers but it was unscrewed 1 turn so I turned it.

I get a weird howl when I drive about 35 gets louder at 45 but stays that loud. But it isn't constant it sounds like " ---___---___---" as --- is the high pitch noise and the ___ is the low pitch. In which the howl kinda sounds like something is rubbing on the tires, but nothing is rubbing on the tires.  ALl the lugs are tight, did the basic tests on the wheel bearing test and all turns out good, even retorqed the big nut inside.  As stated I think it might be the axles with the grease. 

I was thinking about picking up some z31 axles just in case in the mean time.  Figured I would revamp alot of that including rear breaks when the z31 arms are ready to be installed and a new alignment is done.

I do say the replacement 1/2 SAE bolts from lowes actually work great so far, the one side I replaced them with are still holding up strong.

For 2014 My plans:
 - Actually stabilize the vg30 more, it's stable as much as I can get it with the AFC and to get me back and forth to work right now.
 - Strip the interior and place it in the blue hatch what ever is good actually toss out the bad things.
 - Get the paint done.
 - Cage it, hydro ebrake it, 5 point harness and bucket seats it.
 
Possibly vg33e built for the replacement of the vg30e.

All this after I get the blue car running and  stable, and into my new place.

WonderingravenDec 7, 2013, 9:44 pm · #304

Freezing temps these past few days, it broke my 2 little fuel lines to the FPR -> fuel rails.
well it broke one and the clamp also broke from pressure.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1452232_682697568437065_1881255378_n.jpg)

Replaced both lines and used some real hose clamps.
Also passed my first A+ test with 100%  completely off topic.

Update
VD Schedule next year. I got alot of stuff to do and get ready for in the 2014.
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/993488_10201189105634370_1224956670_n.jpg)

IggyEGuanaDec 8, 2013, 1:34 am · #305

check the driveshaft carrier bushing. thats the rubber bushing that holds the bearing in the middle of the 2 piece driveshaft. It also might just be your rear end

for those that dont know. A+ as in computers. not thats the grade he got but thats also the grade he got haha. Congrats Gary getting a A+ on your A+!

WonderingravenDec 8, 2013, 1:53 am · #306

Comptia A+ certification it's the entry to the IT Career field, even though I have over 10 years experience I never challenged myself this, so I wanted to get it done :-D

Regardless, yeah either or. I checked the middle of the 2 piece and it looks solid and it looks just fine.

WonderingravenDec 15, 2013, 10:02 pm · #307

Broke a wheel bearing going sideways at the Best of Vegas drift event, so This weekend I had what went from 2 hour job to be an all weekend fun.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1486853_686454934727995_1603737961_n.jpg)  Yep broken after taking them out.

So I popped both off and went to a few different places. As I recall when I purchased these from one of the founders of Vegas Drift, that I was told that I should replace the wheel bearings and s13 can be pressed into these hubs. So I went to Vatoboys (pepboys) and they said can't. as this is considered a whole unit. THen to brake masters who then told me they can do it, and I get a call an hour later they can't due to it is all of a sudden a whole unit and afraid if they go any further they would damage it so they gave it back to me.  I then took it to Traverse shop and they attempted to press them out and broke 2 rotors int he process? and then said they cannot press them out... kinda pissed me off because I know the dude wouldn't burn me like this and I don't see why they can't come out.. so Last night, I took out the hammer, the vice and a 36MM socket and made a wedge from a brace I had.

SO boom,
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1468793_686590514714437_112920_n.jpg)
They can be pressed out with no issues. destroyed wheel studs in the process but Idgaf because they are soo easy to replace on ichiba 5 lug hubs.

Today I did the other side
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1472023_687073961332759_1632392302_n.jpg)

So easy  Easy EASY! to do,

I hammered them both on. They fit good and snug, drove it around the block and now I need to rebleed my brakes as I had to revisit some of the lines and got air in the system.
Vatoboys sold me some janky wheel studs as I ruined the new ones. I really need to make a collection of wheel lugs when I go out to the junk yard for back up and order some ARP Lug studs. doorman studs are very cheap in feel and I tend to really screw them up easy.

WonderingravenDec 21, 2013, 10:17 pm · #308

Replaced with new 5 Lugs just to be on the safe side.

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1519736_690091144364374_1664167331_o.jpg)

and she sits again on a stormy night.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1501033_690091124364376_1970775891_o.jpg)

WonderingravenDec 23, 2013, 12:06 am · #309

Removing the Plastidip.
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/582088_690512294322259_1844547037_n.jpg)
I find it that the blue-grey underneath actually looks cleaner then before.
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/601642_690653254308163_1665767464_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1525232_690653274308161_241132349_n.jpg)

Working progress, after this I will take her to get another bath with wax rinse this rim.

sideways_s12Dec 23, 2013, 12:19 am · #310

Thank god! lol that plasti dip did not look good. I always thougt the paint underneath was fine.

WonderingravenDec 23, 2013, 12:29 am · #311

Yeah, lol. It was nice when it was on the first day, but due to I didn't apply it right it started to look bad.  So it had to go.

sideways_s12Dec 23, 2013, 12:33 am · #312

:thumbsup:

stocks12Dec 25, 2013, 1:36 am · #313

gasoline melts plasti dip right off ;) also microfiber towels work like a charm.

sideways_s12Dec 25, 2013, 7:07 pm · #314

With gas being $4 a gallon I don't see that as a feasible option lol

WonderingravenDec 25, 2013, 8:20 pm · #315

Rubbing Alcohol also works, and so does Lysol. Lol anything with ammonia

WonderingravenJan 1, 2014, 11:27 pm · #316

Lately I have been troubleshooting my super rich issue, I noticed that after my cat is an exhaust leak as well.

I am shooting for leaky / bad injectors as it is the only thing left on my agenda that isn't newish and explains why I cannot lean it out with my afc.  Which also explains my super gas consumption too.

Been trying to see what are some good upgrades to these ugly / janky looking injectors and there is just no write up on it not even on z31p but how to replace stock ones.  I rather just drop a custom rail, adj FPR and some 350 - 550cc high impedance injectors and call it a day. kind where I can order and swap out if needed and adjust higher when I actually move towards a turbo setup. I am actually confused on what I can actually do from here.

IggyEGuanaJan 2, 2014, 12:09 am · #317

they are hose barb top feeds right? thats what the pics i'm seeing online shows. they are easy to replace.

sideways_s12Jan 2, 2014, 3:27 am · #318

IIRC the injectors are 50 bucks a piece if that helps any. At least they used to be  when I replaced them on my notch years ago lol

WonderingravenJan 2, 2014, 2:10 pm · #319

I have to cut em out and push them back in. Not so much with the barbed fittings.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1530450_696722610367894_37345660_n.jpg)

sideways_s12Jan 2, 2014, 8:54 pm · #320

I had to do the same... Those are considered hose barb

WonderingravenJan 2, 2014, 9:20 pm · #321

Oh, I see. Well I have an extra set I need to get tested right here. LOL,

WonderingravenJan 4, 2014, 6:27 pm · #322

Found a z31 with a turbo still attached in the yard, the turbo was sieged.
But I picked up for my future Goal of Turbo Charging the vg30e, this makes a good start but grabbing the manifold.

(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1560483_697721196934702_1309001580_n.jpg)

sideways_s12Jan 4, 2014, 9:01 pm · #323

Nice find!

WonderingravenJan 4, 2014, 9:25 pm · #324

Thanks, but indeed the Vg30et will happen this year.

8SixS12Jan 7, 2014, 6:47 pm · #325

Cool. I got one of those turbos in my garage right now.
Post Merge


Love love love the z31 wheels!
WonderingravenJan 8, 2014, 2:25 am · #326

Nice, just right now I am working on my job and keeping my sev6 daily status until I get some free time for the blue devil transition as my new daily before I can really start on this project.  I love the z31 wheels also, I want to make one set 16x9 for the rear set. But I don't know how that can really happen so I am just dreaming.

I just replaced the throttle cable again with another brake cable. The KA24DE TB issue is where the the TB Cable hooks into after a while the cable starts to break do to a 90 Degree angle bend it does constantly and slams back into place after every press of the gas pedal. When I go turbo as I also have a pathfinder intake coming it should relieve the tension created.

So much shaking and I can feel a miss fire like crazy at idle. I have alot to do, and the drive shaft is also causing problems now it seems I need to get over to dans driveline and get one made. But need $$$ todo so. It also feels weird driving just have yet to put my finger on it. I also need a new seat as I just snapped another driver seat rail. These seats are Junk as the metal seems to have alot of rust on them from the start. I found a few Pulsar NX at the yard so I am going to see if their seat is a direct bolt up. If not I will just have to wait till I get a full pay check to order some Recaro's or Sparco seats and get the rails made. This also includes for the blue hatch I have too, I am using the last seat I own and it's broken too giving me the gangsta lean while driving and it hurts my back lol.

sideways_s12Jan 8, 2014, 3:26 am · #327

Are the pulsars at the yard se's? Might have to snag some stuff when I get money....

WonderingravenJan 8, 2014, 11:47 am · #328

They are not.

sideways_s12Jan 9, 2014, 12:11 am · #329

Boo

WonderingravenJan 15, 2014, 2:44 am · #330

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/994995_702669753106513_1681804277_n.jpg)

After a few days of blood sweat and tears, I finally got my timing put back together.  I would of done it over the weekend, but I had to deal with another issue. But I did start on sunday.

Now a VG question is what I have on TDC is the rocker arms on the heads supposed to be wiggle-able from left to right? it isn't much but it's a very slight play if I touch em.
I am assuming this is a typical VG problem as worn rockers possibly?
Post Merge


Followed the FSM timing belt adjustment and turns out I have it too tight now, dafuq?
WonderingravenJan 16, 2014, 2:35 pm · #331

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1451413_703530603020428_145457626_n.jpg)

Now finally I have it, the tensioner does not work how the both the FSM and book says. instead you have to feel it to set it right, before I had almost an inch of play and that was too much and recently I put maybe 1/4 of play and that was too tight as it made some noise. So in between 1/2 to 2/3 inch of play is the key for my VG30e to act right. So far it doesn't want to idle in weird places anymore and feels different now. 

Tensioner works with a turn left or right (clock wise or counter clock wise) both ways tightens the belt. I went with counter clock wise. since it is the direction everything goes. Lock it down with 40 ft lbs of tq and it was solid.

Everything back together and ready to go.

WonderingravenJan 26, 2014, 2:52 am · #332

Finally getting tot his.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/995055_704817152891773_1424063835_n.jpg) I went drifting last weekend 01/18/2014 with my baby here.

As you can see i removed the plastidip but not all the way. I did not get the chance to due to dealing with my timing all last week getting it dialed in right.

She handled great as I can say, some challenges but I managed especially ripping through the near impossible Federal tires.  Now since I just went full time and triple my paycheck I will be looking for a place to live in the next 3 months so my drifting is technically will be slightly on hold. Doesn't mean in the mean time I can't do something extra to her such as get some 0 camber fix by Waylon installed and my stance looking a little better while I get her cleaned up.

WonderingravenFeb 9, 2014, 8:11 pm · #333

Finally cleaned off all the orange plastidip from her today.

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1796463_716693371704151_998129144_n.jpg)

(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1798830_716693448370810_1532436801_n.jpg)
Yes that is a rockauto magnet, left it on since I got it before vegasdrift vd30 even this year.

sideways_s12Feb 9, 2014, 11:43 pm · #334

There's a guy that is selling a vg30 on the nevada drift market page I tagged you in it.

WonderingravenFeb 22, 2014, 6:32 pm · #335

Yeah, it's too far and I wanted to upgrade to the vg33 block instead as the vg33 is the same block just stronger.

Anyways Today I got alot of shady people looking at my s12's both of them one is not running yet but this one that is and I got stalked yesterday driving to work.  So to keep people honest I got extra precaution.

(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1/1011679_723298244376997_1179849788_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1661701_723298271043661_1476750149_n.jpg)

I don't know about you but this is most likely the best $ I have spent locally. It will be easier to work on under the dash or anything extra too with out the restriction of a steering wheel.

WonderingravenFeb 28, 2014, 2:21 pm · #336

Got my rear arms modded but the SA Iggy Mod.
I had to leave it with him due to Venetian's hack, that has been keeping me rocking hella 12 hour days for 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks now.

z31 arms I picked up a few months back, mind you the junk yard in vegas does charge arms for these arms.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/603663_656590741074970_475696241_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1959462_656662931067751_2005500040_n.jpg)
(fixed my bolt issues)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1911816_656662981067746_1429487463_n.jpg)
Z31 rotor and caliper, s12 pads and hardware.
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1888448_656765777724133_1334967758_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1622700_656765814390796_688299493_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1743700_656765824390795_1571979719_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1908251_657058444361533_511573518_n.jpg)

Here is how she looks.
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1896891_726260584080763_295913795_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1959779_726260557414099_341134335_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1896891_726260584080763_295913795_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1922419_726260614080760_900619697_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1960117_726260644080757_808680925_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1780795_726256857414469_1842509032_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/1256494_726256884081133_1615995105_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/1911626_726256910747797_1431444838_n.jpg)

IggyEGuanaMar 1, 2014, 2:37 am · #337

SICK! The most epic rear alignment on an IRS car ever.

Heres the thread for the mod: http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=37358

WonderingravenMar 1, 2014, 4:02 am · #338

Yeah, I gotta fix that power steering, seems to be a weird thing I test some drifts tonight and when I apply pressure to the steering it sprays that crap everywhere lol,

I gotta get that fixed asap hah! but hey, I do feel a huge difference while driving I can feel more straight line grip on the road and I feel more in control when I clutch it sideways.  Practice in March is going to get hella sick, I gotta get some file this round with this camber fix. :-D

WonderingravenMar 5, 2014, 2:22 am · #339

My adj tension rods are in
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1959510_728493823857439_1526201647_n.jpg)

Trying to get her ready before the 16th's vegas drift practice event, not sure if I can get this installed by then.
at this point I do have some extra tires to burn but not many left. I also need to get 4 new daily tires.

WonderingravenMar 16, 2014, 10:22 pm · #340

The modded arms made a huge difference drifting, it did felt easier to initiate and I was able to Feint drift as my first initiation and transition to the big corner in which if I don't enter with enough speed I loose it fast there and at first I had the issue with too much power.

(https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/10003837_734333169940171_1263848493_o.jpg)

Anyways, the modded arms makes it look like an SRA and burned up the tires tread, I really felt great so far I will have my blog entry up shortly.

WonderingravenMar 29, 2014, 10:17 pm · #341

Found a few errors with my wiring as the battery light would flash while driving and the brake light would come on after 1 minute of driving.

Turns out all the fuses according to the book and the diagram was wrong. Never bothered before but I did now to follow through with it. replaced all the fuses with the correct ones. Now all the special lights that was flashing is gone. I did have about 4 burned out fuses, especially one for engine management, Fuel Pump, and misc lights.

WonderingravenApr 1, 2014, 3:31 pm · #342

for obvious reasons, I am giving this a go.
Found one part that does not seem to be buy-able online. After months of looking I finally found it, next is to get it modded and plugged up.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10172819_742203752486446_935467972_n.jpg)

I am going to try this out, if I don't like it I will revert back to fuel injection with nistune and rebuilt harness.

IggyEGuanaApr 2, 2014, 2:14 am · #343

YA!

MasterSpazezApr 4, 2014, 1:42 am · #344

This is sweet!

WonderingravenApr 4, 2014, 1:51 am · #345

Yeah operation Frankenstein is a go now! working with Mr510 on the core swap as we speak.

I have yet to order:
Custom Dizzy from Performance Distributors
Holly 2bbl 350CFM
Adj FPR
LIM gasket
Headers Hopefully from mr510 if not might have to see about getting some made.
Few other misc parts here and there I am sure Silhouette Autosports would be more then happy to assist :-)

IggyEGuanaApr 8, 2014, 2:19 am · #346

yep! this is gonna be awesome. Carb'd v6 drift S12!

WonderingravenApr 8, 2014, 6:05 am · #347

If I can stay out of the hospital, lol.

WonderingravenApr 24, 2014, 2:30 pm · #348

Back from EE thanks to Mr510 I have a shiny new ported intake ready to be installed. Next is to order my D.U.I. HEI Dizzy from http://performancedistributors.com/product-category/distributors/nissan-distributors/

Pick up a 2 bbl holley carb and a Fuel Pressure Regulator and I should be solid with the install. But I think before I move a head with the install I am going to wait till my blue car is ready so I have a car to get to and from work.

(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/10178073_755038347869653_2528982200613398996_n.jpg)
(https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10313569_755039457869542_5964885194594703553_n.jpg)
(https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1902787_755040944536060_3668181584199257970_n.jpg)

IggyEGuanaApr 25, 2014, 3:27 am · #349

it looks soooooooo nice!

WonderingravenApr 25, 2014, 4:01 am · #350

It feels really nice too...I can't wait to get it under the hood, I'm soo excited so far. Soo much flow.