Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

rollingstockFeb 6, 2011, 6:51 pm · #301

pulled my cat to install the test pipe, just to find my cat is gulled already!.. had to pull my header anyhow to make the o2 sensor fit.. seen how small the ports were on my head and said fuck it and pull the head.

Wolf DilworthFeb 6, 2011, 11:03 pm · #302

^ Yeah but that drummer hamster is da bomb... He can lay down da beats

sam31183Feb 7, 2011, 12:22 am · #303

(http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs258.snc6/180629_10150384855790387_695415386_17130968_5039277_n.jpg)

was stuck at work during the super bowl....it was so slow...meh.

Colonel GustardFeb 7, 2011, 11:25 am · #304

bought her a new diff, 3.54 ratio for better gas mileage, now i need to find out the horrible hesitaation and bullshit nonsense

ProlowtoneFeb 7, 2011, 2:42 pm · #305

So far today I have installed center console, Rear seat, Busted open the lock on my glove box as it was stuck looked, then used 2 screw drivers to force the 2 sides of the lock together and it popped open. Now i dont need a new glove box but just the lock and i already have one.

Going to Fix the driver seat belt, Install battery, adjust timing and finish installing the interior

rollingstockFeb 7, 2011, 7:15 pm · #306

did some more work today.. installed the bmw m3 fuel pump i got a from a friend like 3 years ago.. haha..

backwoodsbuilderFeb 7, 2011, 8:27 pm · #307

just started new job(sweet) saving $$ for spring 4 tha s12 :) did pull the s12 outa the snow bank yesterday . I HATE WINTER!
im on the tractor pullin her out lol (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/SDC10559.jpg)  


Post Merge: 08:27:18 PM / 07-Feb-11
Wolf DilworthFeb 7, 2011, 9:14 pm · #308

Wow, you know how to drive a tractor?  Down here in Texas we don't have any tractors, not enough snow to need them...  :o)

JonBFeb 7, 2011, 9:25 pm · #309

S12- Just checked my fluids. All good except the oil - half quart over about six months. It's the head I believe. I had it done a few years back. Thinking it shoulda had new guides pressed in as opposed to knurled.

Not S12- My uncle has this 72 Cutlass convert 4-speed with 3k miles on it. He wants the foctory olds rally. I got this guy on e-bay auctioning a set. No one bid last time, and thankfully he relisted them. I asked him a few questions and didn't like his response. I just talked to him again, says he got two other guys interested in the wheels and I can have them for $200 which is more than what they didn't sell for last time. I bid on them now -$125. What kinda bull is that? Either he has his "secret buyers" bid, or he pulls the item, or I get them for $125. What a homo.

S12- The kid I won my KAAZ off of sent me a suggested maintainence of the KAAZ and and e-mail. It was a what not to do list on the KAAZ site. Worst is I still don't have my diff. Where the hell is it at? - I'm getting a little angry.

Colonel GustardFeb 7, 2011, 9:34 pm · #310

put on a KA throttle body on mine with a used tps sensor on it, fixed my hesitation and idling problem, idles so nicely but the throttle response is so weird

ProlowtoneFeb 7, 2011, 11:08 pm · #311

Currently sitting in my car. Put in my jeeps battery and have been running it for about 3hours with some fuel injector cleaner, running much smoother. Adjusted the timing, installed the grill Maxpow got me but now my lights in my driverside clears are dead. Wanted some badass night pics. Just blasting she sells santuary and trying to fix my tach...

newby200sxFeb 7, 2011, 11:26 pm · #312

On my way to my buddys house to drop off some drift spares I bought for a steal when all the sudden my battery light and brake light come on. I look at my right and my temp needle is on hot. Fuck!!!! Shut it off and coasted it on and off till I got on the side of the highway on the grass. I pop her open and my belt for my  water pump and alternator is gone I guess something hit it or idk. I changed all my belts in august when I got the car.

So called my bud and he bought me a belt and a beer sittin on the side of the highway, titan, s12,s13,s14. Changing a belt drinking a beer. You gotta love honest friends and all our drifter hearts= epic :)

SC S12Feb 13, 2011, 6:58 pm · #313

took out the entire interior and cleaned it with a steam cleaner. Put The Seats back in. Spring cleaning outside and in.

Next up : The Raer end Knock and the moans from the drivers side swingarm area.
Then to paint of the Bumper and SE kit

heithFeb 13, 2011, 11:04 pm · #314

realized if i want anything for my car i should order it online or move to the states

ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2011, 3:26 am · #315

^ lmao yeah. We dont have many options out here. What are you looking for?

And to keep this on Track i priced brakes:
"Pads, PBR Deluxe. Front $65 set rear $60 set. Rotors Front Brembo $49 each, Rear $49 each. takes about 2-3 days to get in.
For calipers, We can get rebuilt units, $85.50 each for the front plus $40 core charge. If you do not know what a core is, call me and I will explain. For the rear, $199 each plus $60 core charge. "

Gonna look at a few more places to

Colonel GustardFeb 14, 2011, 10:18 am · #316

i stared at mine, started it up, revved it a couple times and parked it in its final resting spot until i find a transmission for it :(
requiescat in pace

Wolf DilworthFeb 14, 2011, 12:02 pm · #317
JonB on 09:25:04 PM / 07-Feb-11S12- The kid I won my KAAZ off of sent me a suggested maintainence of the KAAZ and and e-mail. It was a what not to do list on the KAAZ site. Worst is I still don't have my diff. Where the hell is it at? - I'm getting a little angry.

Did you get the diff yet?  If it is coming from outside CONUS, it may be held up in customs...

Patience Grasshopper.  :o)
SlickS12Feb 14, 2011, 2:42 pm · #318

So recently I had to pull a quick mcguiver fix on the freeway.  I was chugging along at about 75-80 when my gas pedal goes limp.... i had to quickly merge out of traffic, as the car was steadily dying, to diagnose.  What happened was I lazily hadnt cut out clearance underneath the hood for my throttle cable bracket (vg with mk 1 hood is a no no) and it had completely broken it in two.  Luckily some 10mil duct tape/electrical tape was at the ready and has been holding my bracket together (solidly) since lmao just until i can get to the yard...


Post Merge: 02:45:13 PM / 14-Feb-11
Colonel Gustard on 10:18:53 AM / 14-Feb-11i stared at mine, started it up, revved it a couple times and parked it in its final resting spot until i find a transmission for it :(
requiescat in pace

oh noez
ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2011, 6:31 pm · #319

^nice hahaha, whatever works eh.
Trying to fix my damn tach (needle type), light green wire has no power. Ground and green wire are working.. Also did a bit of tidying up with my stereo wiring. Think I need new valve stems, car is still smoking :(

JonBFeb 14, 2011, 7:58 pm · #320
Wolf Dilworth on 12:02:18 PM / 14-Feb-11Did you get the diff yet?  If it is coming from outside CONUS, it may be held up in customs...

Patience Grasshopper.  :o)

No, didn't come yet, not comming from outside US. Just two states away. It's giving me a headache.

Says he's sending a Tomie 2-way or something. I never looked in to the rebuild of a Tomie before buying:(. If I get the missing KAAZ 1.5, I'm to return one.

I don't know. I've never lost anything in USPS. First for everything maybe? I have about a month to file, which I hope I don't have to - sounds like he's trying(I hope), and I'm fairly well protected. Hope it all works out. Thanks for the interest. I'll post the outcome.

Sometimes I think of an "S12 lost" thread; 1 notch, 2 adjustable rear bars, 1 door, 4 windsheilds, 1 turbo, and maybe now a CLSD. Probably still not doing bad with my losses:)
Colonel GustardFeb 14, 2011, 8:00 pm · #321

today i stared at it for about 10 minutes, drove by it in the parents car a couple times, located a transmission for it in TJ but they want 250 for it, going to LA junkyards this weekend to hopefully find a tranny, until then, she will lay dormant

ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2011, 11:22 pm · #322

I officially hate electric tire pumps! went 4 houses down got a bird for my friends dad and came right back. noticed my pump was reaching 32psi like i wanted, got in my car to find alot of smoke coming out of the plug in.
Saved my car from burning to to ground just in time :S was pretty smokey in there. Guess what, The damn bus fuse still looks good, Its way the hell tooo thick for this application by the looks of it.

(http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1809/img0004lk.jpg) (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/img0004lk.jpg/)
(http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4822/img0002mij.jpg) (http://img232.imageshack.us/i/img0002mij.jpg/)
(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8200/0214011722d.jpg) (http://img440.imageshack.us/i/0214011722d.jpg/)

I want to go to crappy tire and tear someone a new asshole! get a better pump and maybe some money off parts

backwoodsbuilderFeb 15, 2011, 10:06 pm · #323

^sux. Nm solder my cd deck wires to walmart plug....ha lol they messed it up the orange is the ground and only has white/gray wires for speakers so i got to make jumper wires for the rear ones lol.
And still tryin to find a  ka :/

newby200sxFeb 15, 2011, 10:39 pm · #324

Okay so i went outside sat in in for about 5 min than did a walk around in my mind i said to myself (damn i need a paint job) go back to stock red or another color hmmmmmmm???????

Colonel GustardFeb 15, 2011, 11:27 pm · #325

i closed the sunroof since its gonna be raining maybe all this week down here, and i fondled her a little bit, she loved it. and i might have found a tranny also

JonBFeb 16, 2011, 5:54 pm · #326

Got my diff. 2-way, think it's a Tomie. Doesn't fit - one stub sticks out 6/10ths of an inch. Gotta get cleaned up. Start thread in about an hour asking for suggestions, experiance, opinions.

Also car stalled on way to work today, hoping it was just out of gas. Also found clutch pedal was way out(not completely disengaging clutch), fluid in resivior there, made adjustment - crappy replacment Advanced auto parts stuff only lasts two/three years - typical.

methylpropFeb 16, 2011, 9:22 pm · #327

I pulled my front clip off. Waiting to go pick up the new one


Post Merge: 09:24:21 PM / 16-Feb-11
No more shitty pop-eyed head light.
dirpyS12Feb 17, 2011, 7:38 pm · #328

That's how I feel gus like chiz man mines parked out too need a few things before it drives lol I hope yours aint to bad ither :/

Colonel GustardFeb 17, 2011, 7:43 pm · #329

i only need a damn near impossible to find s12 C trans, theres some around that ive found but i might be picking up another SE for parts if the damn guy from craigslist emails me back or calls me so right now its either buy the white SE for 250 or get a trans for somewhere near that

dirpyS12Feb 18, 2011, 12:13 am · #330

Dam man I hear you, sucks dude lmk what u get might need parts.

seishukuFeb 18, 2011, 1:22 am · #331

I'm in the middle of putting my rear end back together... I had to go back to the old open diff, because of a growing issue with the splines in the welded diff.

fyneyoungstunnaFeb 18, 2011, 1:29 pm · #332

haha is it sad that i forgot all about this thread. 

Buying two sets of wheels for the 12. I wont post up pics till they are refinished and in my hands.

sideways_s12Feb 18, 2011, 4:07 pm · #333

gonna go work on her in a few to get her ready for the dyno tonite Woot! lol gotta fix this exhaust leak again but that's what happens when you remove the manifold a thousand times hahaha

sam31183Feb 18, 2011, 8:39 pm · #334

I have been working on re conquering a fear where I went off....

JayFeb 18, 2011, 8:50 pm · #335

I've found the easiest way to do it is to just drive. Honestly. Sounds simple. And it is simple. Once you get to that point anyway

sam31183Feb 18, 2011, 10:57 pm · #336

That is what I have been doing...yesterday was the first time I have ran the loop since I had my off. I wanted to try out my new gloves. Its been super wet, so I have been easy with my throttle inputs. I went back out today after work. You can still see a pile of dirt on the cliff I went off on.

methylpropFeb 19, 2011, 12:31 am · #337

today I pulled and brought home my new front clip. fenders, bumper cover, both head light assemblies w/ covers, grill, and front markers. I also picked up a rear cargo cover and mounting parts, a clutch petal, both mirrors, and rear speaker covers.

newby200sxFeb 19, 2011, 12:38 am · #338

Went to the autoparts bought some oil changed her up and she's ready for another 3 months.

sam31183Feb 19, 2011, 12:41 pm · #339

I have tuesday and wenesday off next week...and i have the weekend off for autox...i need to do some wrenching on the s12 to get her ready for racing....so i will be up to no good on those 2 days. :D

RLM_RSXFeb 19, 2011, 8:06 pm · #340

took my 85 hatch for its first drive few days ago no exhaust.
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02162001.jpg)
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02162011.jpg)
 figured out i really needed it. lol
so i made one today from an old evo 8 3 inch megan racing exhaust. getting it past the rear subframe was a real hassle for sure.
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02192001.jpg)
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02192003.jpg)
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02192004.jpg)
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02192011.jpg)

heithFeb 20, 2011, 2:33 am · #341

finished up my coil over conversion on the front. came to about $500  agx shocks miata coil overs springs. not sure about the spring rate but were the only ones i could find on a saturday. coolant pipe should arrive in two weeks so i can even test them out till then....

ProlowtoneFeb 20, 2011, 7:10 am · #342

Front brakes. Then i drove my car for the very first time! fucking awesome CA20e smokescreen power. exhaust sounded good though:)

Wolf DilworthFeb 20, 2011, 3:12 pm · #343
RLM_RSX on 08:06:10 PM / 19-Feb-11took my 85 hatch for its first drive few days ago no exhaust.
(http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu149/darkangelichigo/02162001.jpg)

Careful, you could get nosebleeds in that puppy...  JK   

Looks good.
Colonel GustardFeb 20, 2011, 4:15 pm · #344

i drove mine for the first time in about a week, parents car was needing brakes and took my s12, with clunking and grinding transmission and diff about 2 miles to the parts store, had to push start it also, yay me

DjayS12Feb 20, 2011, 7:58 pm · #345

I gave her on the college ring road (our mini nurburgring) in the fresh snow... when I was done, I popped the hood to unplug the battery ( i drive the S12 about twice a month in winter.. and just around the block) and the engine bay was packed with snow everywhere up to the water pump lol :P My car is unfit for the winter, it's official now!

JonBFeb 20, 2011, 10:53 pm · #346

Mine has been acting up. Sputtered then quit. Wouldn't restart. Went and got a burger, got back in it and it started. Strange. Either fuel or ignition. Difficult to cure, due to it's inconsistancy of failure. Oh well, I'll find it - I hope.

Still figure it's worth keeping and fixing - still the manufactures fail to make a replacement 4cyl rwd coupe that isn't a high priced BMW or Merc.

newby200sxFeb 20, 2011, 11:03 pm · #347

Went to a drift meet in mineral wells bout a 1 hour drive no issues at all kept kool sounds great with my bozo exhaust took it around one time on the course felt great. Now to do some suspension work

sam31183Feb 21, 2011, 12:24 am · #348

I think my heater core is toast. Heater was blowing out cold air tonight, the temp kept rising.....also i have had a couple small puddles of coolant on the ground on the passenger side. I am going to see if I can loop my heater core hoses for the time being and then replace the heater core down the road...maybe with the one from the silver car.


Post Merge: 12:25:18 AM / 21-Feb-11
also i checked my oil and it looks fine and the car had plenty of power...so, i dont think the headgasket is blown...:/
heithFeb 21, 2011, 1:48 am · #349

found out the 88 volvo 740 oil cooler fits perfectly in our front grill between the hood latch and grill mount

Wolf DilworthFeb 21, 2011, 10:16 am · #350
sam31183 on 12:24:10 AM / 21-Feb-11I think my heater core is toast. Heater was blowing out cold air tonight, the temp kept rising.....also i have had a couple small puddles of coolant on the ground on the passenger side.

I would not bother looping the heater hose, it will not help the temp situation all that much.  However, if you are leaking out all your coolant, that will obviously have an adverse affect.

Address the leak first and then replace the core...