Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

MaxpowJan 26, 2011, 10:49 am · #201

Well I have to use my foot and all my strenght to get it into 5th. I physically kick the shifter as hard as I can. There is something rattling around in my trans making it lock up randomly....

need a goddamn countershaft bearing replacement... probably too late. Trans is done, need trans and all kinds of goodies but no monies!!!!

Gonna have to keep driving it like this... cause I'm poor, as you all know that lady crippled the weebly wobbler, and I have parts orders to fill/ship.

Off to do it all again!

ProlowtoneJan 26, 2011, 12:06 pm · #202

oh sjit, if i was closer i would tell you take the trans from my car, If it would work, lol. Keep up the fight dude! Maybe shit will start to turn around for ya

MaxpowJan 26, 2011, 10:18 pm · #203

Put another 100 or so miles on it. 5th works much better today.

Got a new battery. New wire that goes to the starter. Car starts great.

JonBJan 26, 2011, 10:31 pm · #204

Drove it to work. Still has diff/halfshaft problem thumping with the deep throttle positions. Kinda hard to fix when I don't know exactly what it is. I'm going to continue to use it though. Just a typical day.

sideways_s12Jan 26, 2011, 10:44 pm · #205

Haha I think I have the same prob

EightySix200SXJan 26, 2011, 11:00 pm · #206

oil change with genuine 15208-55Y00 FILTER! i love my army of 55Y's! then realized my oil can had a hole in it so i got dirrrtay oil all on my driveway oh and cleaned the engine bay really nice n vaccumed the interior.

sam31183Jan 26, 2011, 11:05 pm · #207

I took a girl to lunch in the notch today....amazing I know right?!?!

drummingpariahJan 27, 2011, 12:12 am · #208

Tried real hard to figure out which one of these wires is supposed to be the constant + lead.  Being colorblind makes this really difficult.
(http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MzDneJv4LQ0/TUDTAfFksYI/AAAAAAAAgU0/Ce53VRz8j9w/s1600/Jesse%20OBrien.jpg) (http://"http://lh6.ggpht.com/_MzDneJv4LQ0/TUDTAfFksYI/AAAAAAAAgU0/Ce53VRz8j9w/s640/Jesse%20OBrien.jpg+)

sideways_s12Jan 27, 2011, 12:21 am · #209

Finally took the t28 off

heithJan 27, 2011, 1:25 am · #210

hope i fixed my injector leak with new o rings and fuel line and fuel line clamps

DeezusJan 27, 2011, 2:41 am · #211
lady_s12_77 on 10:27:02 AM / 26-Jan-11Lol same here; its plain fun having both.

Though my s13 head gasket just went today. The S12 is still running strong though (so far).

I like s12s more.. but i cant deny that an s13 is just a better chassis to work on.
heithJan 27, 2011, 10:49 pm · #212

my car sounds like it has a massive exhaust leak after some hard driving

MaxpowJan 28, 2011, 4:25 am · #213

You probably cracked your manifold. I can get you one.

DeezusJan 28, 2011, 7:18 am · #214

Went snow drifting in my s*cough*13. Manned up and hit a huge sweeper in the industrial district. Gangster.

MaxpowJan 28, 2011, 10:16 am · #215

Why is this thread located in the club-s12 gallery?

ProlowtoneJan 28, 2011, 11:00 am · #216

Dono maybe so people can post pics of their latest work? but it's popular

MaxpowJan 28, 2011, 11:03 am · #217

Its hella popular just in the wrong spot!

Colonel GustardJan 28, 2011, 1:38 pm · #218

gonna wash, vacuum, and maybe wax her for the first time since ive owned her lol

EightySix200SXJan 28, 2011, 6:05 pm · #219
sam31183 on 11:05:43 PM / 26-Jan-11I took a girl to lunch in the notch today....amazing I know right?!?!

TEH WOMENZ LOVE MY NOTCH
86foreverJan 28, 2011, 9:01 pm · #220

i installed this to gain 1000hp!!! and fix my leaks oh yes
(http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/91integra_bucket/utf-8BSU1BRzAzNTkuanBn.jpg)

Wolf DilworthJan 28, 2011, 9:16 pm · #221

^^^ Tongue in cheek right?  1000 HP with that abortion?  Who sold you that crappy fitment/welding?  Gawd!  Don't install it and return it before it is too late.

86foreverJan 28, 2011, 9:19 pm · #222
Wolf Dilworth on 09:16:17 PM / 28-Jan-11^^^ Tongue in cheek right?  1000 HP with that abortion?  Who sold you that crappy fitment/welding?  Gawd!  Don't install it and return it before it is too late.
To late! but it does fill like i have 1000hp now lol
sideways_s12Jan 29, 2011, 11:57 am · #223

Hahaha doesn't matter is welds look like shit as long as they penetrate and do what they are meant to do.....

MaxpowJan 29, 2011, 2:03 pm · #224
sideways_s12 on 11:57:13 AM / 29-Jan-11Hahaha doesn't matter is welds look like shit as long as they penetrate and do what they are meant to do.....

Yeah i didn't really see a problem with it. Looked inexpensive... that's all that really matters its a fuckin ca20.
seishukuJan 29, 2011, 2:19 pm · #225
Wolf Dilworth on 09:16:17 PM / 28-Jan-11^^^ Tongue in cheek right?  1000 HP with that abortion?  Who sold you that crappy fitment/welding?  Gawd!  Don't install it and return it before it is too late.
What's wrong with those welds? They aren't nice fancy TIG welds, but it's cheap exhaust piping, who cares! :lol:
Wolf DilworthJan 29, 2011, 6:37 pm · #226

Just sayin, real sloppy work on the fitment and crude angular joggle with big gap to weld closed...

Was this a home made piece?  I sure would have told them to do it again. 

But if he did not pay much and the motor is a POS then all is good...  I guess.

sideways_s12Jan 29, 2011, 8:02 pm · #227

Ca20e doesn't deserve anything fancy.....

JonBJan 29, 2011, 8:41 pm · #228

Welds don't look bad to me. Actually I think the welder did pretty good with a bead that large to fill the massive gap from that crappy fitment job. That pipe is almost in there straight:).  It'll work, throw it in there.

VG33ERGazelle?Jan 29, 2011, 9:39 pm · #229

I took a bent lower control arm off the back of mine x.x

rollingstockJan 29, 2011, 9:45 pm · #230

i havent seen my car is almost a week.. ill see her tom

BattleFairyJan 30, 2011, 10:39 am · #231

installed my VR sensor
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs071.snc6/168171_1549872908697_1291320639_31216831_664121_n.jpg)
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs266.snc6/179460_1549870188629_1291320639_31216818_3719637_n.jpg)

and tray to figure out how to install the Vitara radiator
 :glarestraight:
(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs884.ash1/179224_1549871788669_1291320639_31216826_5043472_n.jpg)

i never find a rad which fit like i want

JonBJan 30, 2011, 2:32 pm · #232

I didn't do anything to my S12 today. I will take it to get gas for the week later today.

I bought a full fiberglass front end for my Firebird; fenders, hood, and nose. I'm thinking the idea is not crash - like what ever I do, I can't crash this thing. All combined prob weigh 25lbs.

rollingstockJan 30, 2011, 5:36 pm · #233

went to were im storing my s12.. hooked the battery up and she fired right up..  idle like a dream for about 10mins then moved her, to her new resting place 10feet over haha..

thats all

VG33ERGazelle?Jan 30, 2011, 5:47 pm · #234

put an unbent rear lower control arm on it and then fired it up and rev-tuned the shit out of it. o.o I got vids =]

EightySix200SXJan 30, 2011, 6:48 pm · #235
86forever on 09:01:36 PM / 28-Jan-11i installed this to gain 1000hp!!! and fix my leaks oh yes
(http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/91integra_bucket/utf-8BSU1BRzAzNTkuanBn.jpg)

DUDE NO JOKE BULLSHIT ASIDE HIS CA20 HAULS SOME SERIOUS BAWLS!
backwoodsbuilderJan 30, 2011, 6:50 pm · #236

^ i didnt thank it came out that bad lol

EightySix200SXJan 30, 2011, 6:53 pm · #237

lets see:

+or- what i did
---- ----------------
+     drove to san diego
+     got stopped by sdpd well all 5 s12s lol
-     layed frame on uneven pavment lols.
+/-  scraped lip moar (who cares)
+    evasive socal driving tactics with the socals12 guys
+    ran the squirrel and labluegirl  against eachother vg vs ka
+    hit on hot chicks checking out car
+    did about a buck the whole way back to l.a from s.d
+    parked it sunshaded done!

Colonel GustardJan 30, 2011, 8:31 pm · #238

ive got mine parked since the meet, might drive it to school this week with the horrible and loud ass grinding noise from the trans and the whine from the diff just for the week, until i get an A trans for Andrew2 on saturday and ill be getting an SE trans, no more 3.5k at 70mph anymore yay

JonBJan 30, 2011, 9:21 pm · #239

Mine's making noise to. I don't know what it is. My tactic for solving it can only be described as trying to shoot a toad in total darkness with a shot gun by listening for the croaks and firing.

I bought a Z31 diff and shafts about a week ago.

I sprung for this today;http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270698965680

I hope it works. I know I cheaped out by getting used, but my budget is already shot. Hopefully rebuild kits are reasonable if I need one - I hope I don't need one.

Colonel GustardJan 30, 2011, 9:23 pm · #240

hopefully it works out for ya, im gonna save up and look for a 3.54 diff off a turbo 84-86 z31, im not worried about torque, i need gas mileage

JonBJan 30, 2011, 9:48 pm · #241

I got a 3.90 Z diff. It's off by a whopping 6mph at 60 and it should be like 100 more rpm to let the clutch out. Not really a major difference.

I'm still hoping my 4.11 set is good eventhough I suspect I'll like the 3.90 better. My car does like 15 in first before the motor starts screaming with revs, and 3K+ to go 65mph isn't to good. But how much stress is an in accuarte speedo worth - ya know.

Colonel GustardJan 30, 2011, 9:50 pm · #242

i just want better gas mileage, i dont like paying for gas all the time, thats why i want a 3.54 diff with a z31 87-89 A trans, which has a taller 5th gear, but that tranny is later on.

JonBJan 30, 2011, 10:02 pm · #243

I hear ya, I want better milage to. I'm not doing to good right now with that. But I managed 31 mpg at a constant 50 mph. I like to think when it warms up I could do that again. With 3.90s maybe I could get 31mpg at 55. I'll still be getting passed by others, but at $3.50 a gallon, they're just going to have to go around me:).

heithJan 31, 2011, 12:27 am · #244

small coolant leak tuned into a bigger issue

sam31183Jan 31, 2011, 12:56 am · #245

i wish i was getting gas at 3.50...4.34 for regular.

MaxpowJan 31, 2011, 11:24 am · #246

Gas is scheduled to go above 200 a barrel in not too long. So expect $6 or more a gallon in the next couple years according to the BBC.

Just been driving my car alot still, its waiting on a new trans and new gearing for the rear end. Smoked in it a few times... that's about it so far. Probably going to use it to take me to the post office to send out parts. ;)

sam31183Jan 31, 2011, 1:51 pm · #247

sorry, i meant 3.43....i saw one of the gas stations dropped the price of their gas to 3.39 on like saturday...but we havent dropped our prices yet...although, we did get a fuel delivery last night. My plans for the s12 today include picking up something to eat, and going to work. After work I am going to slide two corners and drive it home...at work expect 2 to 5 people to comment on the pokey hanging from my tow hook...just another day.

JonBJan 31, 2011, 3:35 pm · #248

Dude I won KAAZ diff from e-mailed me and recomended I run Lucas stabilizer. I don't like the sounds of that - making me nervous. I also don't like Lucas stabilizer anyway. It's snake oil as far as I'm concerned.

Every time I go to my local Adavanced auto parts, they have this little Lucas display. The one where they have the gear sets with the little hand cranks. One gear set has regular oil, the other Lucas added. Your supposed to crank the thing and see how much better the lucas adheres. But you can feel the difference in power required between the two. I always ask the guy how much more horsepower that takes to turn the Lucas one. The response is always they don't know.

I hope I don't need a rebuild kit. I'm sucker if I do.

Colonel GustardJan 31, 2011, 3:37 pm · #249

im getting an A trans for her on saturday, just driving her around waiting for the trans to literally blow up inside, theres loud clunking and grinding as i go above 40mph and shifting.

JonBJan 31, 2011, 3:41 pm · #250

Thought we just had "B"s and "C"s. What cars were "A"s in? I don't know anything about VGs though.

I gave my spare "B" to a guy at work because he wanted the aluminum for a furnace project. I was thinking IDA Pontiac manifold. Since I have this clunking and and he hasn't worked on the furnace for a while. I asked for it back. I told him I could give him another trans case in return. He just needs the aluminum scrap - which I gave him alot. I now need the trans guts. He said "OK", but still has not brought it back.:(

I bet he's using it for a milling project or somthing.

Ever seem like guys with money seem to have better luck and cooler projects? - Bastards!:)