Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Colonel GustardMay 15, 2011, 12:24 pm · #751

those bastards are planning on stealing my car and selling it in Canada eh!!!!!

heithMay 17, 2011, 2:44 am · #752

raced a newer porsche panamera
looked pissed off after i beat him at the next set of lights
ca18et for the win

BabyMay 17, 2011, 3:03 am · #753
heith on 02:44:33 AM / 17-May-11raced a newer porsche panamera
looked pissed off after i beat him at the next set of lights
ca18et for the win


So sweet
ProlowtoneMay 17, 2011, 4:28 am · #754
cam86s12 on 08:02:09 PM / 12-May-11@ prolowtone
fixed it
Looks good
heithMay 17, 2011, 10:29 pm · #755

get my car ready for mission raceway
any other local members interested in coming down?

JayMay 17, 2011, 11:12 pm · #756

moved it to the back of my driveway to act as a shield against those pesky ass neighbor kids from using my using my driveway for their skateboarding.
I won't get sued you little bitches

EightySix200SXMay 20, 2011, 12:01 am · #757

swapped in another KA24

IggyEGuanaMay 20, 2011, 3:14 am · #758

drifting

zastabaMay 20, 2011, 10:51 am · #759

^ Lies! - this guy doesn't even know how to drift.
silvertonMay 20, 2011, 11:19 am · #760

Putting way too many miles on it!  rolled over 119k last night. :-(

KustamogenMay 20, 2011, 12:45 pm · #761

pffft Im at 320,000kms....no biggy!!!!

Slip n SlideMay 20, 2011, 6:27 pm · #762

I bought mine, haha
And now it sits quietly in the driveway.

(http://i52.tinypic.com/am839x.jpg)

heithMay 21, 2011, 3:47 pm · #763

i ran a 13.9 at mission
i think i could have ran lower but my clutch slips at 22 psi

sam31183May 23, 2011, 1:28 am · #764

I autoxed today...ran a 52 in the morning and a 48 in the afternoon. My brothers fastest time in the morning was a 48 in the miata. Last time I raced I was right even time wise with someone driving a fiat x19...only difference was my rear alignment was messed up and we where both on slicks. This weekend the rear toe was fixed but the slicks where at home...i ran a 48 and they ran a 52....so the alignment alone was worth 4 seconds. Slicks would have net me another 3 seconds or more....

drummingpariahMay 23, 2011, 5:50 am · #765

Bought a second one and drove it 600 miles home.
(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_MzDneJv4LQ0/Tdo7yPTAcVI/AAAAAAAAhZc/9r5dEgBHp0s/s800/DSC_7490.jpg)

backwoodsbuilderMay 23, 2011, 6:13 am · #766

^ Nice!! 
Really havnt been doing much to mine :/ its like i lost ambition to work on it. Got it running kinda and it could be prob on the road in a week.just bla

drummingpariahMay 23, 2011, 6:22 am · #767

It was definitely a fun drive, but was also VERY interesting.

KustamogenMay 23, 2011, 11:35 am · #768

nothing lately....its running fine....driving fine.....not much to work on at the moment!!!

sam31183May 23, 2011, 2:12 pm · #769

is that the black 84 that was for sale with no dash that everyone was trying to get the guy to go down another 800 bucks on? How did she do on the way home??? I drove my notch about that far when I bought it...only problem i had was my wiper arms coming apart at the worse possible time ever...

IggyEGuanaMay 23, 2011, 9:19 pm · #770

black turbo? repaint? never saw them come black. in fact is black even a mkI color?

drummingpariahMay 23, 2011, 9:33 pm · #771
sam31183 on 02:12:09 PM / 23-May-11is that the black 84 that was for sale with no dash that everyone was trying to get the guy to go down another 800 bucks on? How did she do on the way home??? I drove my notch about that far when I bought it...only problem i had was my wiper arms coming apart at the worse possible time ever...

I think you're thinking of the right one, but it's actually an 86. So now I have two 86's, but this one has a ca18et and the other has a ca20e (about to get yanked out and replaced with a ca18det). I swapped out a pile of electronics today, and now I have working directionals, hazards, etc. I'm pretty sure I just ran out of gas today though (I hope that's all that's wrong) and ordered a new 240sx shifter (for some reason a lot of people think cutting a shifter to be shorter makes it a short throw shifter... and they make a complete mess of everything). Now I need to decide what I'm going to turn into a shift knob.
sideways_s12May 23, 2011, 9:41 pm · #772

Iggy yes black is a factory color I had a black 84 turbo awhile back.

EightySix200SXMay 23, 2011, 10:12 pm · #773

went sliding today after work

silvertonMay 23, 2011, 10:18 pm · #774

Got rid of the muffler.  which wasn't factory... I don't think anyway.  "Golden Turbo" was written on the bottom of it.

Eventually sawzalled it off, while I was trying to get it off the crimped part, the tip came out, it was falling apart from the inside out...

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/mobilepics/429.jpg)

and what replaced it, buddy welded on a tab to bolt it to the stock rearmost hanger, I added a cheapy tip since just the pipe wasn't long enough, but I'm going to change it out for a different one cause I don't like it.

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/mobilepics/434.jpg)

And a rev video of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x-4896Wyxg

seishukuMay 23, 2011, 10:30 pm · #775

Get rid of the cat, it'll sound even better!
Nice fly-by vid BTW, almost took out the camera! :lol:

Colonel GustardMay 23, 2011, 10:33 pm · #776

i love the squat lol. automatic FTW

silvertonMay 23, 2011, 10:33 pm · #777
seishuku on 10:30:54 PM / 23-May-11Get rid of the cat, it'll sound even better!
Nice fly-by vid BTW, almost took out the camera! :lol:

the cat is next!  but I'll probably replace it with a high performance muffler, no cherry bomb BS.

You should check out the other fly-by vids.  I have a few of my old Celica-Supra.  currently uploading the one I made with the muffler delete.
Colonel GustardMay 23, 2011, 10:35 pm · #778

ill take your cat with open hands

seishukuMay 23, 2011, 10:39 pm · #779

I gotta make a new flyby, but this time make it a full 720p HD youtube vid.

Wolf DilworthMay 24, 2011, 9:03 pm · #780
Colonel Gustard on 10:35:11 PM / 23-May-11ill take your cat with open hands

How much are they giving for Cats these days?  Stockers are/were the best for the Platinum, the aftermarket ones hardly get a second glance at the salvage yards here.
JayMay 24, 2011, 10:36 pm · #781

^
And they won't. They don't have nearly as much of the materials. Hence why aftermarket ones won't last for 10-15 years compared to the OEM ones that do

EightySix200SXMay 24, 2011, 11:08 pm · #782

hit a huge tire size piece of asphalt that fell of a dump truck that was less than pleasing

Colonel GustardMay 25, 2011, 8:32 am · #783

i took the cat off my parts car south of the border and got $155 for it, me was happy

drummingpariahMay 25, 2011, 12:33 pm · #784
newby200sx on 10:41:56 PM / 24-May-11blew my ca20e :(

It fit in your mouth?! Just playin'.
newby200sxMay 25, 2011, 12:37 pm · #785

lol you retard GOT ME GOOD YOU FUCKER!!!

backwoodsbuilderMay 25, 2011, 4:15 pm · #786

Changed fuel filter and was going to hook rest shit up but i found out the hard way theres a wasp nest in the pass door... :wideeyed:  :| right in the back of neck lol

heithMay 25, 2011, 5:23 pm · #787

i am going to buy another s12 with a sr20 next friday
unsure if i should just save my money for a few more months and buy an fd3s

lady_s12_77May 25, 2011, 8:21 pm · #788

Took out the thermostat and ran the car around town as is.
But BEFORE doing so I saw oil in the radiator fluid, booo! (or is that YAY?!).

Either it clunks out or not, its coming out in mid July when extra $$ come in and everything goes well; going for the KA24 swap, screw the CA20. DOHC or SOHC KA24, I'll take either one at this rate so long as it doesn't smoke, knock, overheat or rattle!

MaxpowMay 25, 2011, 9:56 pm · #789

That's a blown head-gasket most likely. Which is not good.

Slip n SlideMay 25, 2011, 10:00 pm · #790

Failed inspection. Guess  I have some work to do...

lady_s12_77May 25, 2011, 10:36 pm · #791
Maxpow on 09:56:00 PM / 25-May-11That's a blown head-gasket most likely. Which is not good.

Yea I know- but I look at it this way, its a step closer to a KA24 swap!
Bye bye CA20!!!
seishukuMay 25, 2011, 10:54 pm · #792
Jay on 10:36:41 PM / 24-May-11^
And they won't. They don't have nearly as much of the materials. Hence why aftermarket ones won't last for 10-15 years compared to the OEM ones that do
That reminds me, I still have my original S12 cat in my parent's basement, I should see if I can get anything for it... As far as I know it's still good too! :lol:
Colonel GustardMay 25, 2011, 11:33 pm · #793
seishuku on 10:54:33 PM / 25-May-11That reminds me, I still have my original S12 cat in my parent's basement, I should see if I can get anything for it... As far as I know it's still good too! :lol:
ill take it off your hands
EightySix200SXMay 26, 2011, 3:46 pm · #794
DUG A FUCKING CAT OUTTA MY ENGINE BAY THIS MORNING... LOL I DROVE AROUND WITH IT ALL MORNING TO LONG BEACH, CARSON TO THE MALL BACK HOME. IT WAS STILL ALIVE!
ArroMay 26, 2011, 4:19 pm · #795

alive but fucked up?

Colonel GustardMay 26, 2011, 4:20 pm · #796

how the hell did that cat get in there lol, theres no room to enter from anywhere haha

S12-ARMay 26, 2011, 6:06 pm · #797

HAHA!!!! Its funny that happen to you. One time while at work a costumer came in complaining of some noice in his car. We pull the car into the shop and I ask one of the Technicians to take a look at it and see what the noice was. As soon as the Technician opens the hood this cat meows and jumps out and runs away, haha. I saw the Technician jump an get really scared haha. We call the costumer back in to explain. The Technician spoke little english to try to explain what the noice was and the costumer was an Asian and understood English very little. The only way we came to understanding was when the Technician said "there was Meow Meow in the carro" hahahahaha

MORAL OF THE STORY: Cats can live and survive under your car's hood! lol

Slip n SlideMay 26, 2011, 6:19 pm · #798

Animals are weird like that. My dad drove my altima all the way from Penn to Tenn, 600miles, with a small family of mice in various places in the engine bay. Most of them were in the air filter.

MaxpowMay 26, 2011, 7:02 pm · #799

I had a huge lizard cruise with me one time.

(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/4-8.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/3-9.jpg)
(http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/maxpow99/2-10.jpg)


Post Merge: 07:03:19 PM / 26-May-11
I am spoiling my car buying a ton of shit for it. Going to get cracking on it soon. Also rebuilding a Ca20 for the Security Notch. Hopefully we can get that thing cleaned up a bit and get some pics released to the public.
silvertonMay 26, 2011, 8:09 pm · #800

been driving mine a lot. 

have you guys ever noticed the rain water going UP the back of the headlight while it's on and it's raining?  crazy...

And at least none of those animals got near a fan.... that gets messy!