Rock a big backpack
any luck with seats?
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
JZ S12 BUILD, RIP 2012
ahhh so lazy.
what the hell does a MX3 even look like? and how could i notice it if its wrecked
i guess google can answer this
they're bubbly little turds, just look abouts on the net for some pics. I think my seats were out of a V6 model, so those are probably better, but the floorpans should all be the same.
I don't remember which of your two had the leak in the center, but I noticed this by chance whilst working on my beastie.
(http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/cheetahblue/chassis/IMG_1075.jpg)
(http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/cheetahblue/chassis/IMG_1146.jpg)
On the firewall, immediately behind the motor,more or less. This is where the ridge is that seals together the parts of the firewall (there are actually three layers of metal at the outside joint there, you can only see two from up top)
(http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/cheetahblue/chassis/IMG_1076.jpg)
so thats like directly underneath the metal tag.
Unfortunately, you would have to take all the dash and HVAC stuff out to see this part.
But you can test it from the outside of the car by lightly spraying water along that seam to see if you have any leaks.
It may be hard to see up in there with the hood on tho.
checkz it iout
thanks so much, i will try light first, in the garage with the lights off. just so i dont have to spray wata everywhur
ohh okay ill spray some waterz
UPDATE******
Next Two Events
Oct. 12
(http://www.slidewaysonline.com/images/Fliers/Oct12DoomsDayF.gif)
and the next is at summit raceway... on like 0ct. 25th or 28th
redid my other side rotor/studs
i kept stripping brand new studs? i got so pissed... went to sleep... and went to buy something to change my life
i abesuloutly fucking love this tool it makes life 2000 million times easier!!! im gonna go buy a smaller one soon to..
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1652.jpg)
dapd app
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1653.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1657.jpg)
cant wait to watch them rust!!
hey autobody buddies....
how do i get this dent out?
i tried a little banging.... but its actually making small dents and its not popping out..
any suggestions...?
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1662.jpg)
and i got more free tirezzzz yayyyy
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1665.jpg)
i feel good today
Nice man, more free tires
On that dent, you might want to ask Joe (shift_love) who is pro bodyman, he might have some good advice on how to deal with that.
UPDATE**
well i am impatient again
i am drifting sept. 28th also
dude its like crack
200sxkitcarNice man, more free tiresuhhh my names greg not joe lol...and body work is stupic hard...i guess i shouldve made a write up when i fixd my dent and did my bumper...but its messy work and i didnt feel like holding a camera and getting resin all over it...ps what you said is my new sig lol
On that dent, you might want to ask Joe (shift_love) who is pro bodyman, he might have some good advice on how to deal with that.
LOL sterling actually was wrong for once!
regardless, i cant just pop it out some how?
silvia_love is the bodyman, its pretty easy to get you guys mixed up, lol
Joe=silvia_love=bodyman haha
uh huh, tryng cover for yourself eh?
where do i get those mag style nuts?!?!?!
lol
I would imagine the parts stores would have something that would work, if you need one as an example I think I have one laying about I can send you.
I'll mention it to the dealer contact I have as well, to see if oem ones are still available.
200sxkitcarsilvia_love is the bodyman, its pretty easy to get you guys mixed up, lolawww...now im sad cause im not a pro body man anymore...that made me so happy that you said that...now im sad...thanx sterling...even after that bumper that i custom made am i not still a pro???
Joe=silvia_love=bodyman haha
oh dude, that shit is definitely pro style for sure, but as in I meant Joe works in a body shop and is taking classes/professional training in body repair. what you're working on is pretty damn good tho, hella better than I could pull off!
I was looking more at the seam at the top of the firewall above the trans, those pics that i took, I don't think its rust actually. I think what that is there is the rubbery yellow seam sealer burning off, because it exhibits the same characteristics as the stuff elsewhere that I've lit on fire. I'm beginning to think that its actually just burned brownish over the years as a result of the engine heat directly on the other side of the firewall. The EGR tube comes rather close to it....
FOUDN THE MAG NUTS AT NAPA
thell be in tomorrow
i LOVE nuts
god, i am so hungry for salty nuts
one time, my bro just went NUTS from eating salty nuts, and then he nuts, right on his gf when she went to sleep
oh, and i bought sum nutz
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1685.jpg)
fuck dude now im broke again haha
UPDATE***
anyways,
i tried to patch the power steering line, eres my turn out so far
TIRES
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1717.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1718.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1719.jpg)
meoowww
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1706.jpg)
all ready for next sunday
painting! my hood!
meow
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1720.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1721.jpg)
haha david, the metal tape idea FTMFW.
Xanohaha david, the metal tape idea FTMFW.
ITS WATER PROOF AND HEAT RESISTANT. it says you can even tape under water..
first its pipe thread lock, thats heat resistant,
then its waterproof tape thats heat resistant,
then i have a layer of metal tape (not shown)
that is probally heat resistant, then the two thingys
and the pressure is still going to bleed thru it all
BUT
it won't be squirting all over the place, which is good. You really need to sink some bucks in getting another one, tho, eventually
looking good tho!
200sxkitcarand the pressure is still going to bleed thru it all
BUT
it won't be squirting all over the place, which is good. You really need to sink some bucks in getting another one, tho, eventually
looking good tho!
i know but you gotta understand i cant do it till i get free time between school/work drift
LOL! Love the hood!
UPDATE**
well i drove on my messed up rim today after mounting a new tire, it seems fine so far..
ill just mount it on track and leave it on track to be safe
got more tires mounted, added the new fresh nuts,
FINISHED MY FIRST WELD EVER
and BOY, do i suck!! i dont know what the fuck to do guys!
my first weld is solid, air tight, but my second keeps leaking, its hard to fill in the little dips
dont mind the random metal hanging, ill cut that soon
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1728.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1727.jpg)
? i tried haha
(the weld is black because i painted it for protection)
heres my old exaust, (im in the backround too) haha
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/DSC_574.jpg)
shit dude, its not the worst welding job in the world, hell the "professional" welding job I had done on my 350 dollar exhaust system looks like fucking ass.
Ur not the only one that sucks as welding. I fabbed my charge pipe today and damn I suck balzak @ welding. Whatever gets the job done though. Good shit
Yeah I don't think you need to worry about your welding skills. Me and my friend spent time fixing all the welds that a muffler shop did before I bought the car. There is globs of metal on some parts that I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish and there was still a hole in the side of the glob that we had to re weld and patch. Oh well, as easy as the exhaust was to weld I think im going to fab up a full 2.5 inch exhaust this weekend. Pictures for sure will be there for all to see my beginner welder skills
hmm well i still have a few holes in my second weld,
the problem is is that the first weld i did outside of the car... now welding under the car, next to the rotor and the rear suspension is jutst so damn hard to get too
No worries man, it takes time to get used to. Welding under the car like that is a bitch, and it rarely looks super nice, and I've done enough of it, lol. As long as it holds, you can fill in the little divots and holes with sealer available for mufflers/pipes, etc., from your local parts store.
200sxkitcarNo worries man, it takes time to get used to. Welding under the car like that is a bitch, and it rarely looks super nice, and I've done enough of it, lol. As long as it holds, you can fill in the little divots and holes with sealer available for mufflers/pipes, etc., from your local parts store.agreed, thats what the muffler shop did on their shit welds on my exhaust.
200sxkitcarNo worries man, it takes time to get used to. Welding under the car like that is a bitch, and it rarely looks super nice, and I've done enough of it, lol. As long as it holds, you can fill in the little divots and holes with sealer available for mufflers/pipes, etc., from your local parts store.
WHERE THE HELL DO I GET THAT?!?!
or could i use jb weld?
and is welding near the gas tank bad?>
JB weld wont hold up to the heat
And how close?
oh. and, pretty close
SUMMIT POINT IN 8 HOURS
grey car has welded diff now, if anyone didnt know lol
OMG guess what, driftnirvana.com states that i got a 80 from my previous 61
that means i got better!
and 3rd place for the "joes" aka amature was 85, which john with a black s14 got
wowo
drifting! next sunday, old dominion speedway here in manassas, just registerd
(http://www.slidewaysonline.com/images/Fliers/Oct12DoomsDayF.gif)
nice job on the fender man, that came out pretty good.
200sxkitcarnice job on the fender man, that came out pretty good.
its alright i could have done better but getting the fender on is harder because the bumper is a lil bent too but what ev,
if you notice it i painted where the paint chipped off silver because im lazy and i just dont want it to rust
TODAY I DRIFT THE DAY AWAY,
I THROW TIRES INTO SMOKE
AS I FLY INTO THE HORIZON
David BTODAY I DRIFT THE DAY AWAY,how come you never have any pictures from your drift events??? i wish we had events in texas ever damn
I THROW TIRES INTO SMOKE
AS I FLY INTO THE HORIZON
lol i have a thread for each event, with a FUCKload of media
yeah, you should link them here, so they don't get lost, and anyone who reads thru this can check them out...
200sxkitcaryeah, you should link them here, so they don't get lost, and anyone who reads thru this can check them out...
great idea,
ill also put them on the FIRST post. to reference too
Drift 4
October 12th 2008 Old Dominion Speedway
http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...c=23935&hl= (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=23935&hl=)
Drift 3
September 28th 2008 Summit Point Raceway
http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...c=23731&hl= (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=23731&hl=)
Drift 2
August 24th 2008 Summit Point Raceway
http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...c=23179&hl= (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=23179&hl=)
Drift 1
August 10th 2008 Old Dominion Speedway
http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...c=22982&hl= (http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=22982&hl=)
HOLY SHIT, my CA20E has lasted 4 drift events!
and summit point is 80 miles away btw.
old dominion is only 3 though
tottally set for next event
haha
Some of those are still in really good shape!!
its nice that you have room to store them all, thats a huge bonus..
UPDATE**
nothing new just bored
i forget which car this thread is about lol
heres my ricer MOPED
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1799-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1800-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1801-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1808-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1803-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1810-1.jpg)
i was wondering the same thing, lol
damn, that 84 is niiice. it will be such a sweet car when its all back together. DARK BLUE FTW!
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1815.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_1814.jpg)
free rims and tires!
i miss my car not having dents
but it was so worth it
haha
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_0813-1.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_0814.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/100_0818.jpg)
DRIFT IN T MINUS 2 DAYS!
yeah, its still pretty clean tho.
nice pics!
200sxkitcaryeah, its still pretty clean tho.
nice pics!
thanks those are from right after i painted the steelies
here is my car TODAY, lol im too lazy to wash, sorry about the dirt, i kinda like the dirt you know?
and with the dirt/reflection and leaves and shit you cant even notice the dents kinda!
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/fall.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/fall2.jpg)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/fall3.jpg)
and there is her cargo (haha rusty steelie, ill get to that with some grill paint)
(http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k20/gamefreak291/fall4.jpg)