Browse › Tech ›Brakes, suspension and wheels

Post Wheel Pictures And Specs

Started by JuneBug · Nov 4, 2007 · 127postsSMF 2010–26

CamInHeadJul 6, 2011, 4:32 pm · #101
VG33ERGazelle? on 07:52:07 PM / 01-Aug-10Watanabe RS-8, 16 x 7 front and 16 x 8 rear, staggered set.

they fit in stock wheel wells at stock ride height with no problem, haven't lowered it yet so I'm not sure about fitment with adjusted height.

all four tires are 225/50


I had staggered wheels and same-size tyres all round prior to 5-studding and IMO it looks odd, with the rear having a little stretch and the fronts not.
Right now I have S14 OEMs with 10yr old 225/45 gypo runners to roll around on and meh they're too fat for the rims. Need some 8s, or better tyres.
leroyJul 9, 2011, 6:42 pm · #102

wheels , 15'x6.5 erds 205x55x15 origional setposted image


Post Merge: [time]11:44:32 PM / 09-Jul-11 [/time]
my multi spokesposted image

Post Merge: 06:46:57 PM / 09-Jul-11
my latest wheels, 15x7 with 205 x55 ofset +10[posted image no more may be !!
8SixS12Jul 15, 2011, 10:21 am · #103

Those Rotas?

leroyJul 23, 2011, 7:56 pm · #104
posted image Origional messhies still have them 195/55/14 tires still mounted.
BabyFeb 21, 2012, 3:41 am · #105

Those clear corners & bumper make the whole front half of the car look new

Does it moo?May 18, 2013, 4:26 am · #106

For reasons unfathomable to mankind, my S12 is currently fitted with wheels from a mining truck. Here are some pics in keeping with the spirit of the thread:

posted image

posted image

posted image

Some kind of TSWs I think, with 225/50 R17 Kumhos. It looks silly. Anyone dare guessing the offset of these leviathans? I haven't a clue...

So yeah, I've decided to get me a new set of wheels; 15x8" and strap 195/50s on them. Judging by the images of 8" wheels in this thread, ET0 pokes out too much in front (looks good but means trouble with the law and vehicle inspection) yet ET15 makes them look too narrow in the back. I'm thinking of ET15 front and ET0 back (running stock S12 struts and IRS).

Thoughts?

Edit: Sorry for bumping an old thread. Dunno how much of a no-no that is here, but I need some guidance from you enlightened folks, no matter how dreary the question is :D

spiderwebfxMay 18, 2013, 5:51 am · #107

Look like 17x7 or 17x7.5 with a +35 to +40 offset to me.

Can't comment on the 15" though.  I have 15x7 +6 on mine, but I have S13/S14 front suspension and a shortened hilux diff in the rear.

Does it moo?May 21, 2013, 6:51 pm · #108

Thanks, seems reasonable. I went with silver/black 15x7 Work Equip 03 knock-offs. I wanted +10 offset in front but had to go with 0 all around cos they didn't have any +10 with 4x114.3 bolt pattern. Oh well, hopefully they'll pass vehicle inspection even though they're gonna poke out in front. I'll get something better fitting later.

Out of curiosity, you know how much (if anything) the S13 front strut conversion will affect track width? I have a set lying around that I want to install.

Ju_S12_TurboMay 23, 2013, 4:15 am · #109

15x10 Centerlines with somewhere around -30ish offset
posted image

spiderwebfxMay 25, 2013, 11:34 pm · #110
Does it moo? on 06:51:19 PM / 21-May-13Thanks, seems reasonable. I went with silver/black 15x7 Work Equip 03 knock-offs. I wanted +10 offset in front but had to go with 0 all around cos they didn't have any +10 with 4x114.3 bolt pattern. Oh well, hopefully they'll pass vehicle inspection even though they're gonna poke out in front. I'll get something better fitting later.

Out of curiosity, you know how much (if anything) the S13 front strut conversion will affect track width? I have a set lying around that I want to install.

Roughly add 10mm each side.  S13 LCA is about 10mm longer than S12 and then S14/S15 is another 10mm longer than S13.
boxerpickerJun 22, 2013, 10:40 pm · #111

15x7 all around. +4 rear and +10 offset in front if i remembers it correctly. sitting on home built coilovers, modded knuckles, adjustable top hat in front. rear only have the shorten spring.
little more about knuckles. passenger side knuckle in the driver side and the driver side in the pass side so it acts like extended lca  :tongue2:

posted image
posted image
^ i busted the oil pan lol :rip:

burritomannnJun 23, 2013, 5:37 pm · #112

The costs of being a boss! Thing looks real nice anyway!

Does it moo?Jul 3, 2013, 5:44 pm · #113

There we go! Work Equip 03 knockoffs, size 15x7", with slippery 195/50 economy tyres. I also made a new grille from an aluminium mesh sheet. I think it looks too blingy though, so I'm gonna paint it flat black.

posted image

posted image

It looks and behaves infinitely better. An S13 strut convo is next on the to do list.

night_s12Jul 3, 2013, 9:53 pm · #114

Whats up with the reflectors on your fenders??

Does it moo?Jul 4, 2013, 8:08 am · #115

That would be the side indicators... They're not pretty, but in my country we're required to have them. Clear ones would be less conspicuous, though I'd rather spend that money elsewhere :P

burritomannnJul 5, 2013, 4:12 pm · #116

Car looks good! Although I agree with the grille.. stock would be bettter

Does it moo?Jul 7, 2013, 6:00 pm · #117

Thanks! Yeah, the mesh ones are nice but I'm not a fan of the horizontal stock grilles (which my S12 suffered from). I've painted it black now though and it looks an awful lot better.

D-sport S12Jul 10, 2013, 1:06 am · #118

15 x 10 et -25 all around

posted image

posted image

Brandon GJul 11, 2013, 11:28 pm · #119
D-sport S12 on 01:06:50 AM / 10-Jul-1315 x 10 et -25 all around

posted image

posted image

Hot damn, wasn't this car matte black before? I'm liking the colour choice.
D-sport S12Jul 12, 2013, 1:23 am · #120

Thanks! Yea it was before, note I still left some on the headlights

bcraigSep 6, 2013, 8:41 pm · #121

Bought these today:
Front:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/Ziex+ZE329/434319/1986/NISSANDATSUN/200SX/0-4180018LCA18T/1566/
Back:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/Ziex+ZE329/434340/1986/NISSANDATSUN/200SX/0-4180018LCA18T/1566/

GhoStSep 7, 2013, 7:13 pm · #122
bcraig on 08:41:11 PM / 06-Sep-13Bought these today:
Front:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/Ziex+ZE329/434319/1986/NISSANDATSUN/200SX/0-4180018LCA18T/1566/
Back:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Falken/Ziex+ZE329/434340/1986/NISSANDATSUN/200SX/0-4180018LCA18T/1566/

I think those are the same Falkens on my 86 notch
IggyEGuanaNov 5, 2013, 12:11 am · #123

Finally figured out what my wheels are

Spectrum Mesh

15x7 0 front and 15x8 -10 rear. 205/50 15 tires

posted image
posted image
posted image

with the centercaps they look like this
posted image

zilvia_brothersMar 10, 2018, 4:48 pm · #124

Hey everyone. I know this thread has been down for awhile but im changing my wheel setup for now. Anyone know if 17x9 +35 or +22 would fit with 235/40/17 tires. I dont mind rolling or pulling the quarter panel or fenders. And im lowered on canuck springs

S12_LiferMar 16, 2018, 12:09 am · #125

I seen an S12 with 17x9 (rear) with a +23 offset on Dunlop Direzza tires, 245/40 R17.  The front has 17x8 with a +30 offset with 215/45R17 tires.  Not sure if his fenders were rolled but the stance looked awesome.  He had Algernon Intelessee II wheels.

zilvia_brothersMar 17, 2018, 6:42 pm · #126
S12_Lifer on 12:09:02 AM / 16-Mar-18I seen an S12 with 17x9 (rear) with a +23 offset on Dunlop Direzza tires, 245/40 R17.  The front has 17x8 with a +30 offset with 215/45R17 tires.  Not sure if his fenders were rolled but the stance looked awesome.  He had Algernon Intelessee II wheels.

I believe that was draconis that had those rims. I just dont want to buy rims and finding out they dont fit lol from what i saw the rears fit fine its the front might be an issue
JibnomeMar 22, 2021, 12:38 pm · #127
posted image

16x7.5 ET30 on 205/50 tires

Im running 280ZX lowering springs no rubbing at all.