Someone forgot the FJ20ET no
Browse › Engines ›Engine comparisons
Ca18det vs. Ka24de
Yeah I was thinking about that one after I had posted.
:bow: FJ20ET
:bow: FJ20ET
:bow: FJ20ET
:bow: FJ20ET
don\'t forget the 4G63, the MK2 MR2 turbo motor, and the new ecotec\'s......
don\'t forget the 4G63
:throwup: :throwup:
the MK2 MR2 turbo motor
We didn\'t, that\'s the 3SGTE. :mrgreen:
and the new ecotec\'s
Now there\'s a motor I don\'t have hands-on experience with, but from what I\'ve seen I\'m very impressed. I can\'t form any real opinions until I actually have one and tear it down and play with it.
:throwup: :throwup:
We didn\'t, that\'s the 3SGTE. :mrgreen:
Now there\'s a motor I don\'t have hands-on experience with, but from what I\'ve seen I\'m very impressed. I can\'t form any real opinions until I actually have one and tear it down and play with it.
thx for the correction, couldnt remeber the 3GSTE\'s moniker
WTF is wrong witha 4G63? besides the 2g 7-bolt variant that needs to have the oil squiters plugged to avoid crankwalk. 500 whp Evo\'s on stock internals!
THe new ecotecs are pretty nice, my dad DD\'s a Ion Redline, the internals should be good to atleast 300whp, the crank is good till about 600whp before it needs replacing, if not more, and they take well to rev\'s with stock springs(over 7k)
:throwup: [- What I do everytime I think of a 4G63...
I\'m not too fond of these little rascals. I\'ll admit that there are some good things about them, when they\'re running. I haven\'t actually owned one myself, but every friend I have with one has nothing but constant problems out of them. That and the fact that I see them in the machine shop all the time with a variety of problems. Blown head gaskets, leaking valve seals, worn out exhaust guides, 16 bent valves from a timing belt breaking, balance shaft issues, and a list that could go on all day.
There\'s even several ex-DSMer members on this board that\'ll tell you they\'re high-maintenence engines...
:throwup: [- What I do everytime I think of a 4G63...
I\'m not too fond of these little rascals. I\'ll admit that there are some good things about them, when they\'re running. I haven\'t actually owned one myself, but every friend I have with one has nothing but constant problems out of them. That and the fact that I see them in the machine shop all the time with a variety of problems. Blown head gaskets, leaking valve seals, worn out exhaust guides, 16 bent valves from a timing belt breaking, balance shaft issues, and a list that could go on all day.
There\'s even several ex-DSMer members on this board that\'ll tell you they\'re high-maintenence engines...
Cheesy
I live with a few DSM\'ers and work on occasion at a DSM shop, I know how it goes
the DSM rules to live by imho:
Always change your timing belt early
Plug oil squirters on a 2g or 6bolt swap it
don\'t overboost, its only going to cost you 2-3 grand!
My buddy wort always stays on top of his matenance, his OEM headgasket just went after 170k miles, he changes the timing belt at 40k, and pulled the balance shafts ages ago.
Now it has a OEM headgasket again I beleive and ARP head studs, he has been running about 20 PSI on a Evo3 for the last 25k miles
Well atleast Julie isn\'t confused anymore..
:throwup:
In case you can\'t tell, I\'m not a huge fan of SR\'s. They\'re good motors, but definetly not one of the best ever produced. Crappy floating rocker arms, and basically just a crappily designed head. Now, if you had said the SR16VE or SR20VE, I might start to agree a little bit more. The SR20DE/T heads just flat out suck.
name a better nissan 4cyl...
ca18det :-p