Browse › Community ›Lounge

Why did you pick your car?!

Started by dave_id · around May 2005 · 55postsvBulletin 2004–05

This thread was saved without dates. "Around May 2005" is estimated from neighbouring threads.

Jsvob03date not saved · #51

Needed something cheap - $800
Needed something reliable - Nissan
Had to get the hell out of a 1994 Ford Tempo
Wanted to learn to drive a stickshift!
Never knew i had just purchased such a sweet little car.

metalmaniacdate not saved · #52

My whole "theroy" on this is most of us got this car by a quiencidence and didn't have the money to get what we actually wanted.

i heard that. i was looking for a less that $1000 car in the local "autotrader" magazine for months before i saw this weird car with pop-up headlights in a cheezy typical for the magazine black and white side shot pic and i said whoa, whats THIS thing? a 200sx? never even HEARD of it. well, went to go look at it, took it for a test drive, and as soon as i came back to the little "in my own home" dealer who was sellin it and said i would think about it. so i went home and on the internet i found the yahoo 200sx group where a bunch of poeple were praising the car and how its an underdog (and i love underdogs in sports) i proptly called up the dealer and said i'll give you $900 cash tonight, and needless to say 4 years and 3 other 200sx later i love my nissan! WOO! hahah i need help hah

edit: oh and a couple of stupid stories:

so when i bought the car a month later i got a new job and the first day i met the girl i married (2 months ago, oct 2004) and a week after we were working i said "hey you gotta check out this car i have" and we did and i was like "look its got power steering, door lock, windows, mirrors, cruise control, AC, etc" and she's like "THIS PIECE OF CRAP?!" and still to this day i'm like "hey babe, you KNOW that when i die you're gonna bury me in this car, right?" and she's like "yeah, i know, i'll prolly just put your corpse in it and let it roll off a bridge" HAHAH morbid, but funny :twisted:

and once 2 months after said new job i locked the keys in it and 5 other new freinds from the job were out there helpin me trying to jury-rig the door open with a coat hanger to get the door open and after 2 hours i remembered that the door didn't close all the way (1/4 inch) even when you lifted the handle to lock so i was like "oh, check this" and hip-checked the door and the lock popped up and everyone was all "You dumbass" and i was all "YO! its my NISSAN, y'all better REPRESENT! you didn't have to work for the last 2 hours, did ya?" needless to say it was a laugh-fest on my behalf, but i wouldnt' trade that moment for anything.

SR12detdate not saved · #53

Well i sold my first car, a Geo storm and needed something more like a honda. My budy found a s12 mint 150 00 km new paint, 16 inch rims, body kit, tokico lowering springs and 2.5 inch exhaust. I thought it was a ok deal. He paid $3500 Canadian for it. He was trying to sell it and make some money, till he blew a piston ring, spun it out and cracked the body kit. He needed money for school, so i did research found club s12(thank god) relized what it is and its rare and original value and said the "Give Her". PURCHASED IT FOR $1000 AND A SET OF SHITY 17 INCH RIMS.Since then i have sr swaped, redone the interior in black leather and die, and still sourcing suspension to this day.WE need those lowering springs Indecive!

Johnnydate not saved · #54

My friend Mike let me borrow his S12 for a week while my 97' Celica was in the shop. And as soon as I drove it, I absolutely fell in love with the car. I love the styling of it, especially the hatch...and it actually has more features than my Celica! Lubmar support, a battery guage, a sunroof, and umm.......a 3.0 V6! And to top it all off its rwd!

Ever since Mike bought his Maxima, he never drove the S12...it was literly sitting for 4 months, and everytime I saw it, I was like damn...I wish I could drive it again. And even though I knew he was selling it, I never thought to buy it, since I really didn't have a reason to buy another car. But then I thought about it and realized that I didnt' have a reason NOT to buy it. The car was in awesome condition for its age, it ran great, the only thing that needed to be replaced was the glass on the side view mirror and the hydrolics to keep the trunk up. And he said just to pay him half now and half later. So I figured....hey, why not? So here I am with my S12. 87' Grey SE hatchback. I originally wanted a 1.8T just to have a turbo car...but I think I madea good choice with the V6 sinec the turbo would have been a lot more maintance especially since I'm sure I would have wanted to do more engine work to it too. If the VG30E ever blows though...I'll be swapping in something with a turbo for sure.

Festerdate not saved · #55

Gave my mate Sean my 280ZX when I bought an RX4. Shortly afterwards the RX4 was T-boned by a granny. Claimed the 280ZX back (yes, I'm a bad person :p) and told Sean he could have the 280 back if he found me another good car (he was a mechanic at the time). Now I have my precious and I'm happy again.