Browse › Tech ›Brakes, suspension and wheels

Lowering Springs FOR the S12!!

Started by Indecisive · around May 2005 · 71postsvBulletin 2004–05

This thread was saved without dates. "Around May 2005" is estimated from neighbouring threads.

Indecisivedate not saved · #51

would be better if a set of springs were brought in.

BOSSMANdate not saved · #52

Indy...turn your phone on or PM me .....

Indecisivedate not saved · #53

hahaha sorry.

update guys...

I'll be picking up the springs and meeting yet another S12 member 2morrow :D

AND...my phone # is now removed lol

Raymond, pm me your addy and phone #...

sorry I couldn't get them just now, I was in my car.

BOSSMANdate not saved · #54

Kids, you are dealing with two Surrey boys (well, one Surrey and one ex) so the only obstacle is will these springs be made and at a reasonable price. Pm on it's way Indy.......

Blinocac200sxdate not saved · #55

Maby I'm crazy but I'd like something in the neighborhood of 450-500lbs but only a .75" drop.

Indecisivedate not saved · #56

hahaha I don't think that would drop much at all..

but yea...e-mail CMS and ask them about custom springs once they get the measurements from me and bossman

Spooleddate not saved · #57

Maby I'm crazy but I'd like something in the neighborhood of 450-500lbs but only a .75" drop.
Certifiably crazy! LOL Unless you're off the pavement a lot, there's no point in keeping all that ground clearance. I bet the stock ride height of these cars could rival a Subaru Outback! :laugh: Now, if you think your car is already low enough, maybe your springs are sagging quite a bit? If that's the case, and you ask for a .75" drop, you may end up raising your car.

westside27375date not saved · #58

hahaha I don't think that would drop much at all..

but yea...e-mail CMS and ask them about custom springs once they get the measurements from me and bossman

E-mail sent!!! :evillaug:

Remdog0date not saved · #59

I'd like some 400lb front 350lb rear linear with a 1.75" drop and camber correction. Especially if it is only $100-$124 CND. :hitit:

SLEEPNS12date not saved · #60

400 front
350 Rear

I'm all for it. Drop I dont care, and I dont care about wear either, car doesnt go on the street daily anyway..

Someone make up a generic email letter for the company and I will send them that for an email...I dunno what to put for an email daz why..haha..

kennysgreen280zdate not saved · #61

I just took my cars wieght last weekend and it turned out pretty much 50/50 distribution. Car is a 86 XE with CA20 and 5 spd. Gas tank was at 1/8 tank. Full interior. Totally stock :p

Car W/O me in it:

2648 lbs Total

Corner's

LF - 584 lbs (22.0%)
RF - 746 lbs (28.1%)
LR - 727 lbs (27.4%)
RR - 591 lbs (22.3%)

Distribution

Front - 1330 lbs (50.3%)
Rear - 1318 lbs (49.7%)

Left - 1311 lbs (49.5%)
Right - 1337 lbs (50.4%)

RF-LF - 1473 lbs (55.6%)
LF-RR - 1175 lbs (44.3%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Car with me in it:

2902 lbs Total

Corner's

LF - 680 lbs (23.4%)
RF - 764 lbs (26.3%)
LR - 823 lbs (28.3%)
RR - 634 lbs (21.8%)

Distribution

Front - 1444 lbs (49.8%)
Rear - 1457 lbs (50.2%)

Left - 1504 lbs (51.8%)
Right - 1397 lbs (48.1%)

RF-LF - 1587 lbs (54.7%)
LF-RR - 1315 lbs (45.3%)

Indecisivedate not saved · #62

thanks Kenny

This guy is the first S12 drifter in VDS ;) hehe

Joel07date not saved · #63

Wow! My race car had like 56% front weight. It was freakin rediculous. I guess the interiors in these cars weigh more than I thought. We also had all the glass out of it (including the heavy rear hatch window), and had a lexan front windshield, but man, that's good to know! :laugh:

Pauldate not saved · #64

400 in the front seems fine to me and 350 rear is just about right any drop is fine by me.

SR12detdate not saved · #65

Im down, 4 shure.....Hola me a email or keep us posted with the springs. 400lbs front and 350 rear should be a killer street set up. :wall: Cant wait!

ahoffman83date not saved · #66

Road and Track lists the 1984 200sx Turbo as having a 52/48 front/rear weight distribution but that is with a driver it says in the notes.

Jessedate not saved · #67

im in for some 400 lb front and 350lb w/ camber kit as well

Nemisisdate not saved · #68

Uhhh, now how much will this golden opportunity cost for us in the states? I'm not up on the currency exchange rates right now. But it sounds cheap I would want a set!!

Indecisivedate not saved · #69

I think the current exchange rate is 1.22?

so like... $81 - $122USD + shipping?

maybe more, maybe less? these are really good prices. none of their springs listed in the online catalog exceed $122.

Nemisisdate not saved · #70

Wow, I will get a set... At those prices, count me in!!

Indecisivedate not saved · #71

heh nice

check the updated info.

http://www.club-s12.org/board/showthread.php?t=8708

~*THREAD CLOSED*~ (please use the new thread)