Checking in. I am doing well. No more getting in trouble.
My son is now 9 and all he wants to do is fish.
I started an expedited freight company so I pull trailers with a 5.9 cummins now. I Love driving professionally. I finally have found my place in the world. Also converted to Karaite Judaism and stopped being a complete degenerate.
Still got the Kia, now I am married and have a 13 yr old step daughter. Wife and I got a 1981 Merc 300Td and a 1984 GMC Suburban in the fleet now too. So 4 vehicles but not S12's. Almost NEVER see them anymore. So weird going from being the guy who saw 100s in the yards, to not seeing one in person except the miracle moments that come every once in a blue moon when I am out on the road. Would love to eventually get another SE. One day. Love you guys. Hope all is well.
Uh... what happened to cs12?
Glad things are going well for you.
I was unaware of that particular sect of judism. Makes sense cause I just read theres approximately 1000 in the US if the source was correct. Maybe glanced over it in a sociology text, but that was years ago.
Keep up the non-degenerate stuff, happy holidays, and its time to buy an S12.
Congratulations to Maxpow for pulling himself out of utter degeneracy. The S12 community lost big when everything went down.
Glad to see you're on your feet again.
Max, great to hear from an old member! Glad to hear things have turned around for you, sure hope life continues to improve for you and your family!
Hi Everyone,
I know the site has declined considerably since our heyday era after the first switch from IPBoard to SMF. I don't know what the fix will be, but the site WILL be around for a long time to come. It'll always be a personal love of mine to work on and administer this forum. I do want to modernize this site at some point, but I don't know where the first place to start would be. There's a possible idea of converting old forum tech documents and writeups to wiki format. However, there are plenty of questions that go along with that idea.
The Good News
- I'm investigating Google/Facebook Single Authentication plugins.
- You folks have kept the chat alive almost every single day.
- Facebook seems to be on a decline.
- Marketplace plugins are plentiful now for SMF.
- Mobile Themes are readily available and could be implemented now.
- Last but not least, I haven't forgotten you and I continue to pay the yearly server fees for this site out of my own pocket.
The Bad News
- There is no way to allow mods to approve new members without opening full permissions and group control to them.
- We've declined this far already, how do we come back?
- How do we handle generating more users when our favorite car's simple existence is declining?
- How do we locate the best tech articles to create a wiki style repository of S12 knowledge?
- How do we generate new member registrations to increase content generation?
The To Do List
- Fix the registration process.
- Implement a true mobile view now that these things are more available.
- Update the Member Rank Names (not changing the post counts for now)!
That having been said, I think we can overcome this slump if we work to drive more people here. Try to drive the facebook posters to the site when you can (but not with "Did you check the stickies" responses). I personally feel that having a searchable Wiki and both Wiki and forum sections for new content about the S110s, R31s, 280zs, Z31s and other similarly aged Nissan platforms would be an option, but I want to hear from the other ranking members of the site and even from you all on how well you think that would go over.
I'll work on the main things blocking our new members from joining and check back in with some kind of survey after those are resolved.
I tried to drive traffic from Facebook to the forum when I was an admin on the fb page, but Arro and I had some disagreements about how best to go about that and what standards to apply, so I deferred to his judgment and have just kept to the forum since then. The main goal, really, was to ensure that technical discussions were properly archived here, and would become searchable in the future, rather than whatever facebook thinks is acceptable. And who wouldn't want to get more daily posting traffic into the site? It'd be great to see the forum return to its heyday, though I don't think that's feasible in today's internet- not to mention the decline in S12s to commune over.
I'm eager to see what you come up with on the technical side of things, Xano. In the meantime, I'll try and keep eyes on the forum and manual membership approvals. And I'll continue spamming the shoutbox as I've done for the past 7 years.
Yea, numbers of S12s are declining.
How many s110s exist?
Id think s30s and s13s might over run the place.
Fj20.com is way worse, and its a resource as well.
Where do all the 510, 610, 710, 620, 720, s130 guys go?
I havent been to infamous, or z31 in quite a while.
I never had Facebook. But I joined the Clubs12 on Facebook. I only joined for Club s12. This forum has helped me and countless others keeping there S12s on the road. Seems the club s12 group is fairly active on Facebook. While the original site it great I believe things have just evolved some?? I still hop on this sight it is an incredible source for info and ideas. Long live the S12's and those who keep em going! Peace
Awww, yall talked about me in here. Not to worry, I'll be back. Sooner than you might think.
I'm hardly an OG, but I still check in here at least a few times a week... I'd love to have an S12 again, but it's just too hard to find a good one in this area.
Also doesn't help that I don't have a garage workspace anymore. lol
your close enough to an OG lol.
seishuku on 12:21:36 PM / 15-Feb-21I'm hardly an OG, but I still check in here at least a few times a week... I'd love to have an S12 again, but it's just too hard to find a good one in this area.You sound like me. Except you qualify as more of an OG than I do.
I lost my login info for my old account, and I don't even have my 87 SE any more. I just picked up an XE coupe that has sat for half of my life and is in kind of miserable shape. More active on the FB group but I'm glad to see familiar names still lurking the site.
Johns87SE on 04:13:23 PM / 30-Apr-21I lost my login info for my old account, and I don't even have my 87 SE any more. I just picked up an XE coupe that has sat for half of my life and is in kind of miserable shape. More active on the FB group but I'm glad to see familiar names still lurking the site.
What was your old login I may be able to retrieve it for you. pm me your old screen name and I'll see what I can do.
sideways_s12 on 10:53:53 AM / 05-May-21What was your old login I may be able to retrieve it for you. pm me your old screen name and I'll see what I can do.Check your PM. masterspazez was my old SN
got it try it and let me know.
sideways_s12 on 03:19:17 PM / 07-May-21got it try it and let me know.Yeee! I'm back!
lol nice! Ill go delete your other name
SchizophrenicMC on 01:34:41 AM / 18-Dec-14StephenG runs a general contracting service in Longview, Texas, and is still trying to keep his D21 running.
I moved to Irving and went full Euro. Maybe when I get a shop setup I'll look for a restomod s12 project.
I still have one it's sitting in wonderingravens driveway patiently waiting for me to drop an LS in it. I'm currently contending with my late wifes DSM swapping to a 2g auto trans with ratchet shifter and 20g turbo upgrade and tune once its done hopefully I can find some time and money to purchase an LS.
WELLLL Hello guys im new here check out my car. whats goooood
Wrong thread buddy. go to the lounge there is a new member intro thread there..