(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_212716.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_212716.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_213124.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_213124.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_213053.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160303_213053.jpg.html)
so I think welding is going to be out since it will make a nasty little ramp, I should be able to make a spacer that has a better transition, it will be something I will be working on the side while getting the rest of the engine built and since I don't even have the new block tore down yet it will be a bit before this part is needed.......
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
things I'm doing to my 86 200sx
Well my month of nothing but work has come to a end, so should be getting back up to the shop a bit more again. Kevin did get some more racks, so now I have my own for my parts and they are not just in a pile on the floor which is nice......
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160312_195533.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160312_195533.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160312_195516.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160312_195516.jpg.html)
Can't wait till the parts start going from the shelf to on the car for the last time
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160314_183751.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160314_183751.jpg.html)
last add on, just need to weld some mounting plates in and hit the spare tire well with a hammer a couple times and then the foaming and parts painting starts then get to start putting it all back together
hehehehehe
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131414.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131414.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131645.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131645.jpg.html)
well had to dig this out of my parts stash that I have been waiting to get to
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131841.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_131841.jpg.html)
looks like it will have to go into the spare tire well, or maybe in the engine bay haven't completely decided that yet.
she will have some scars from surgery
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_204426.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160404_204426.jpg.html)
well can you find a better place to put it????
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160410_195941.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160410_195941.jpg.html)
because daily
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160411_191037.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160411_191037.jpg.html)
have to finish up the mounting plate, going to make it so that the two bolts that are in will have slots to slid in so that if I ever have to work on it, it will come out easy
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160411_191146.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160411_191146.jpg.html)
spare/pump mount all done, the spare hold down bolts are not welded, i'm not sure how high I will have to make it to clear hoses and wiring for pump but think there will be room for a nice tool pack on top of the mount under the tire. All the holes drilled for foam filling
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_165611.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_165611.jpg.html)
well if you don't mind if the pump is going to be loud mount it here....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160416_192551.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160416_192551.jpg.html)
always be mindful when grinding and such
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160416_163945.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160416_163945.jpg.html)
judgment from the tool box
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_143545.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_143545.jpg.html)
well it wasn't warm enough to get to foaming this weekend I hope it is next weekend so I can get the back end painted and put together
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_142939.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160418_142939.jpg.html)
setting up for some quick mixing and pouring.
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_160218.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_160218.jpg.html)
yep I drilled holes so the foam could get this far
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_164003.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_164003.jpg.html)
so it will come out any place it can
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_163828.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_163828.jpg.html)
I don't think I could have blocked that one if I tried
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_163837.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_163837.jpg.html)
what you going to do while you wait for this to dry, maybe pet me?
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160425_180400.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160425_180400.jpg.html)
hitch all bolted up
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160501_144643.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160501_144643.jpg.html)
looks like the inspector has been by
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_164757.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_164757.jpg.html)
since it was apart
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_192519.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_192519.jpg.html)
makes things a lot easier for sure
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_193243.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_193243.jpg.html)
cleaning some paint out
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_142548.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_142548.jpg.html)
starting to get it together
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_163708.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_163708.jpg.html)
time for a snack
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_164722.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160430_164722.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160501_190807.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160501_190807.jpg.html)
all together
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185839.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185839.jpg.html)
got this ready to start working on final mounting and such next week
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185859.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185859.jpg.html)
hey can you move this so we can do box stuff
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_184855.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_184855.jpg.html)
looks like I will only have to put about a 1/2 spacer in to make room for hoses and wiring
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185319.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160502_185319.jpg.html)
A whole lot of awesome going on here. And we haven't seen this much pussy in one thread since the lolcats one was still active! Double win.
Man this is nice work. I'm so jealous of your garage facility and skills
didn't get a whole lot this weekend since I ended up working, on the bright side I will have more money for parts....
did start to get motor mounts finalized
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160507_162002.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160507_162002.jpg.html)
tacked up, have some more bracing to put on the bottom side and box in the tops and such
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160507_185712.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160507_185712.jpg.html)
well got to get some work done on her this weekend
some mock up to see how to long the S12 control arms are
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_193622.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_193622.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_193643.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_193643.jpg.html)
hahahaha you have to drop the engine out again
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_195813.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_195813.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160605_141353.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160605_141353.jpg.html)
how many more times will I have to do that before I'm done.... This many
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_195521.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160604_195521.jpg.html)
the type of grind that will make you question your life choices
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_192330.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_192330.jpg.html)
now that thats out of the way
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_193601.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_193601.jpg.html)
motor mounts are done, hope to get rack mounts started next weekend, and yes thats about how far back I will have to put it, yes it will clear the engine there
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_194021.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160606_194021.jpg.html)
This is a nice build, I can't wait till I see the final product. Also curious if the vq motor mounts will mount to the vg motor mounts? it seems that you had to seriously raised the bar just to get to the motor itself?
thanks, I'm not sure if the motor mounts will be a direct fit, but I think no, irrc the VG are centered on the block, the VQ are offset the right side is a little forward, want to say about a inch, but with the pathfinder brackets you might have enough room to make it work since I'm sure they would be to short for just a bolt in type thing but if you make a bracket from the cross member coming out to meet the mount, it might make it a better option, although the mount to bracket bolt is the same you could use the pathfinder brackets with any of the aftermarket solid mounts and just make brackets for the cross member.
Yea the engine will never come out the top on this, mainly due to the front diff, there isn't enough room to take it off the engine in the car and it won't go past the sub frame, I had to take the bracket off to get the sub frame off the engine since the mount wouldn't let it drop down enough to get the bolt pass the bracket, but that might have changed since I got them all welded up and trimmed down, but not counting on it. I will have to check and see what the min amount I will have to lift the body to get the engine out so if I ever have to do major work without a lift, I will know how many cement blocks I have to stack under the jack stands. I will be setting it up so that dropping the engine isn't a super big pain just a matter of getting the body high enough to slide the engine out from under it....
well not a whole bunch done this weekend but a couple small things taken care of
bumper back on
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160612_185728.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160612_185728.jpg.html)
worked out where I need to cut for the shifter, just need to do a tiny bit of trimming on the back side.....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160612_183631.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160612_183631.jpg.html)
time to mix and match parts to see what is going to work the best
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160612_163652.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160612_163652.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160612_171515.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160612_171515.jpg.html)
looks like I will be going with the S12 inner tie rods and more then likely have to do custom outers to keep from having odd angles
well got the heater hoses rerouted, it should not leak but if by chance I mess something up and it does I think I will bypass it till I feel like pulling the dash out again
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160620_155623.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160620_155623.jpg.html)
hmmmm to jump off the side or slide down the windshield
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160620_181001.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160620_181001.jpg.html)
well the slide is fun, is this a new spot to sits
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160620_181031.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160620_181031.jpg.html)
if you lick it first it leaves better prints
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160620_180812.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160620_180812.jpg.html)
finally got these done
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160704_190047.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160704_190047.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160703_000430.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160703_000430.jpg.html)
been really busy with work lately but managed to make it to the shop to get something done on her yesterday. I got most of the exposed metal covered still have a little on the frame rails where the leaky brake master cylinder caused paint loss. Brake line holders back on so that should be it for welding so I can foam the frame rails next time I have a chance to make it to the shop hoping that my foam is still good, will have to do a test mix to make sure.....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160723_195646.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160723_195646.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160723_195623.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160723_195623.jpg.html)
had the weekend off so got the foaming finished up
front frame rail
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_141137.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_141137.jpg.html)
filled
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_192635.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_192635.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_155839.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_155839.jpg.html)
getting set up to mix and pour
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_144520.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_144520.jpg.html)
this stuff will push out any place it can
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_145147.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_145147.jpg.html)
I know he said not to try and play with it when it's soft cuz it will stick to my fur but that looks hard and I should bat it around a little
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_192436.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_192436.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_184259.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_184259.jpg.html)
hurry up and get the back seat back in, it was comfy
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160820_192310.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160820_192310.jpg.html)
did a little welding before foaming
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160821_173043.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160821_173043.jpg.html)
the front hole in the rocker panel
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_144147.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_144147.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_161013.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_161013.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_161251.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_161251.jpg.html)
did the rear sub frame mounts with 8 Lb stuff
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_170327.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_170327.jpg.html)
it's adhesive enough to pull the printing off a mixing cup
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_172756.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_172756.jpg.html)
time for clean up and sound/vibration control
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_181919.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_181919.jpg.html)
you can't prove we did anything
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160822_180236.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160822_180236.jpg.html)
a quick rattle can engine bay
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160829_171229.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160829_171229.jpg.html)
some Lizard skin sound deadener
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160829_170856.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160829_170856.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160829_170841.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160829_170841.jpg.html)
Need more popcorn. Be right back.
What a world of difference the coatings make.
didn't get a whole bunch done this weekend just some bolt hole cleaning and getting wiring back to where it belongs
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192445.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192445.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192458.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192458.jpg.html)
and started getting brake stuff taken care of
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192944.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192944.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192750.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160905_192750.jpg.html)
Control arms came, had the chance to mock them up and see what else I will need to change
way to much low
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160911_193546.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160911_193546.jpg.html)
I have to get a hold of BC and see how far I can run them out safely, this is with ten turns in. I think I will have to make some spacers for tension rod brackets to get rid of the angle of the tension rod a bit
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_190949.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_190949.jpg.html)
you say daily driver but this smells like race car
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_191319.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_191319.jpg.html)
also test fitted my oval to round port adapter plates
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_154124.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_154124.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_191609.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_191609.jpg.html)
you know he is right this does smell on the race car side but I guess it could pass for daily racer
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_191414.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_191414.jpg.html)
still will need to louver the hood a bit
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_191740.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_191740.jpg.html)
OH MAN BUBBLE WRAP
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160911_195132.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160911_195132.jpg.html)
if you can get a strip of paper between it, it's a good fit right?
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_191457.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_191457.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_192128.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_192128.jpg.html)
so will have to make tension rod brackets spacers, mounts for steering rack, and maybe a adapter plate for TB
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_192455.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_192455.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160912_152421.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160912_152421.jpg.html)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Pc1U_mv6U
Great job on the round to oval plates. Loving this build!
iceageg on 07:01:03 AM / 14-Sep-16Great job on the round to oval plates. Loving this build!
thanks, yea just a little touch up here and there and that part will be ready and of course polishing the lower a bit more and a little on the upper not sure how much I'm going to put into the long runners.
Post Merge
well got the last of the head parts I need to be able to take them into the machine shop
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20160913_233147.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20160913_233147.jpg.html)
didn't get a whole lot done last weekend just mainly some test fitting and drop the engine back out to pull the heads off to take them into the machine shop for guides and seat touch ups which I dropped them off on Monday...
test fitting my cheep ebay headers which I won't mind chopping up a little to make them fit better
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_135815.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_135815.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_140242.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_140242.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_140255.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_140255.jpg.html)
valve cover test, aluminum pathfinder
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_143744.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_143744.jpg.html)
think I will have them modified
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144204.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144204.jpg.html)
the 350z/G35 ones fit, but I dropped them and cracked the front edge when I was moving stuff around when the new racks went up, and I don't want to replace them since it would be less to have the pathfinders modified and they will be better I think
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144659.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144659.jpg.html)
would still have to modify the 350Z/G35 ones just not as much
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144707.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161001_144707.jpg.html)
started making the spacer I need for my steering rack mounts hope to get that done this week so I can start making the brackets to mount it to the front sub frame and get that all set up and get it sand blasted and painted along with tension rod brackets
well put bearings and hubs in the knuckles this weekend and started working out final set up for the front (geometry pros step in please)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175322.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175322.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161015_133239.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161015_133239.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161015_133337.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161015_133337.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175424.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175424.jpg.html)
one big issue is going to be tie rods I haven't been able to find anything that comes close to the bend I will need to make this work so more then likely will have to make something
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175547.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175547.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175606.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175606.jpg.html)
yep you should have remembered you FSM so you would know what you can trim out of that wiring and what you have to move
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_171501.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_171501.jpg.html)
I'm not that stoned I can still walk this
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_171535.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_171535.jpg.html)
still have some angle issues to work out and haven't made the rack mount yet but getting closer to final set up....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175701.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175701.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_175645.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_175645.jpg.html)
Dude didn't we talk about getting these seats back in
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_172524.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_172524.jpg.html)
So the drawer that had the nip in it was left open so guess who has been stoned for the last couple weeks
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_172838.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_172838.jpg.html)
ever been so high for so long you just sit on a tranny
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161016_174051.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161016_174051.jpg.html)
Think I will be spacing tension rod brackets down about 1 inch, to get rid of the downward angle on them, then work out where I need to mount the rack to get keep from getting super funky Ackermann, which looking at the factory parts the S12 the rack is mounted slightly in front of the steering arms and on the Maxima it is mounted slightly behind but with what I have played with so far I might be able just to go right in line and still get enough to help pull the front end around corners with out doing a sudden dive in but will need to get the rack mounted and some tie rods that don't max out just from the upward angle they have to be at. Think I'm going to make rack mounts adjustable so that it can be tuned a bit.
So thought I would make a update since it's been a while.....
looks like I might switch the front knuckles that I'm going to use, after many hours of looking at ebay/google pixs, I think I have found some that will be a better fit, so more on that coming when I have a chance to go to u pull it and see what I can find.....
the diff bearing going in my Maxima has set me back a bit, I wasn't able to find a tranny so I pick up a pathfinder so I could stop driving the Maxima hopefully before chewing up the tranny past the point of rebuild. On top of that I will be moving to a new house in the mountains tomorrow, the pathfinder is going to kill in gas on the longer drive to work but will be nice for dealing with the snow.
I have had to do a few things like CV shafts and need to do rear and front mains, suspension bushing, but she runs and drives
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/Mobile%20Uploads/20161106_155131.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161106_155131.jpg.html)
Well all moved and have my new shop area kinda set up, so had a chance to get back on getting stuff done on the build.
broke my last band saw blade while cutting the stock and too poor to get a new one right now, so had to go old school
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161219_185551.jpg)
(http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161219_185551.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161219_185910.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161219_185910.jpg.html)
Whoo hooo my measurements were right....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161219_190244.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161219_190244.jpg.html)
now to get the mounts made to weld onto the front sub frame
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161219_180226.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161219_180226.jpg.html)
and a pix from the new back yard
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20161219_170634.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20161219_170634.jpg.html)
Need a roommate/apprentice/joint roller?
kelso840 on 06:48:38 AM / 21-Dec-16Need a roommate/apprentice/joint roller?
well don't really want to share my bathroom, house is only a 3 bed 2.5 bath and the guy who owns the house and his GF have the master bed/bath. Don't do enough car work or know enough for a apprentice and you can't afford to apprentice under me for my main job. Don't have enough to roll joints due to my car habit.
in recent set backs my pathfinder was stolen on Friday while I was at work, so have to drive the Maxima and hope the tranny holds out till I can make something else work out
Pathfinder has been found, don't know how much is left of it yet......
fuuuuuuuuck. glad it's back though
After a month being gone, I don't like what you're likely to find. Sorry dude.
well got the Pathfinder out of impound today
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/16113926_10154935870869154_2311378686070661437_n.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/16113926_10154935870869154_2311378686070661437_n.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/16142436_10154935871564154_901702397907793100_n.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/16142436_10154935871564154_901702397907793100_n.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/15965953_10154935870929154_3557759517903702422_n.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/15965953_10154935870929154_3557759517903702422_n.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/16142738_10154935871354154_2183700438953828472_n.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/16142738_10154935871354154_2183700438953828472_n.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/16113928_10154935871159154_5337012889293374118_n.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/16113928_10154935871159154_5337012889293374118_n.jpg.html)
so financially fucked right now over this......
Definitely somebody who has a WD21 and needed parts. I hope you find them in a dark alley soon.
well got another car, my friend had this one sitting around throwing a EGR code that he didn't have time and such to track down and didn't have use for the car anyway so passed it off to me, well with a much better scanner and a day to track it down found that the wires in the plug had broken so I have "little g" to drive now
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170122_175454.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170122_175454.jpg.html)
now hopefully I will be able to get back on the 200 now, I did manage to start welding up the rack mounts on Sat before we had to move cars around in the shop to get a truck ready for paint and I didn't want to be welding and grinding around a paint prepped truck so called it a day..... as soon as I have a chance I'm going to run to upullit and get the steering knuckles and start getting the front end together.
Have a couple things on the little g to fix yet but nothing that will take long so I should have some progress on Sally (200sx) soonish, have a bunch of work stuff coming up but have a few days here and there. I do know now that a G20 front bumper cover will work on a S12 with a little modification.....
Post Merge
iceageg on 08:16:35 AM / 17-Jan-17Definitely somebody who has a WD21 and needed parts. I hope you find them in a dark alley soon.
yea there has been 3 WD21s taken in the area in the last couple months, according to the FB page.... yea more then likely if they do get busted they will be back in the alleys soon since the court system isn't doing anything about these people other the letting them off super easy...
made it to upullit on Sat for my new knuckles
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170204_165854.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170204_165854.jpg.html)
I will have some options to decide when it comes to hubs and bearings.... The bearings for the Altima knuckles are bigger (don't have my notes with me at the moment) along with the hubs being 5 lug so I will have to
1. drill the hub for 4 lug
2. use bearings from a G20/99 Altima and several other things up to 2000......
drilling more then likely would be the simplest, I would have to use the outer CV shafts from the Altima, which I have now due to not being able to get them off in the yard (not a single one had the engine in couldn't get leverage) since the bearings are sealed with just dust shields, down side, could have balance issues at high speeds due to the extra holes in the hub.
the bearing with the larger O.D. and smaller I.D. which has a few things that could be a pain, they use grease seals and are thinner by a few mm, which I can make a spacer to make up the difference between the bearing and snap ring which then I would have to find a way for the grease seal to go in. Then there is which way to off set the bearing or if it would need to be centered for the hub to sit right. Now if it would need to be centered I might be able to use the smaller seals from the 2nd gen Maxima and make the spacer hold the seal, which is the way I think it would work.
one other issue that switching knuckles has caused is that the bolt spacing on the bottom of the coil overs that clamp on the knuckles is off and the bolts themselves are bigger, which is a simple fix since I can maybe just buy the new parts I need from BC, but depending on price I might just enlarge the holes off to the side I need to make up the spacing difference......
New lower bracket is on order from BC hope it doesn't take to long to get here
Got steering rack mounts made this weekend
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170306_161747.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170306_161747.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170306_172245.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170306_172245.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170306_172301.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170306_172301.jpg.html)
I can still get my starter out without taking it apart so that a plus
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170305_213822.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170305_213822.jpg.html)
I did lose a few degrees of ackermans but I am going to leave it as a movable mount so I can dial some more in if needed for the hair pins....
did some odds and ends this weekend, put the new fusible links that were needed in.
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_162332.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_162332.jpg.html)
cleaned headlight switch
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_174121.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_174121.jpg.html)
hooked up some power
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_171224.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_171224.jpg.html)
found out that both my head light motors work, so thats a score just need to make some linkages for them still going back and forth on how I'm going to make them.... fully functional sleepy eyes would be cool but I already have enough to do with out having to make complicated parts....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_171330.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_171330.jpg.html)
have this ready for the plug I need to make for the new spline and double ujoints set up that I need to order
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_171453.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_171453.jpg.html)
had some fun at 0.040 for job #2
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170312_210854.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170312_210854.jpg.html)
"I can sits here with out being in the way"
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170311_171624.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170311_171624.jpg.html)
started getting this set up, according to the rope I need a 9 foot hose made
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170313_170341.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170313_170341.jpg.html)
"pet me I know you want to"
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170313_175922.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170313_175922.jpg.html)
need to work out what to do with the wiring, the two small wires go to the ETS-PRO but the other two are the pressure switch to kick the pump on via relay, from what I can tell by what little I can find online I have one as a ground and one to ground the relay, with a switched power wire to control the power wire for the pump...... but it's something I want to for sure on since I don't want to fry anything on this cuz it's parts that are a bit hard to come by here.....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170313_180428.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170313_180428.jpg.html)
Got some parts in last week.
just one more part for this stuff to get, but just getting a coupler to make sure I get the right size for the rack, this one (part in the bag) is to big so have the other one that it might be the right one on the way and once that gets here, if it is the right one I will return them and get the part I really need....
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170324_163203.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170324_163203.jpg.html)
made the part I needed for the steering shaft to be welded in
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170327_161250.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170327_161250.jpg.html)
new lower mounts for the coil overs came also
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170325_201548.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170325_201548.jpg.html)
they are taller which is fine since I was kinda bummed with the S13 that I wouldn't have been able to go 4X4 stance at all
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170325_211310.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170325_211310.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170325_213016.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170325_213016.jpg.html)
just need to make my tension rod bracket spacers to take care of the angle on the tension rod other then that, it's starting to look not to bad of angles
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170325_211359.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170325_211359.jpg.html)
Also got started on this, have them all assigned to their seat, have some 400 grit on the way so when that gets here have another night of fire starting
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170326_195353.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170326_195353.jpg.html)
pix before I do the last row
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170327_204338.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170327_204338.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170327_210425.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170327_210425.jpg.html)
have some clean up to do from when the valve guides were done and the 400 grit on the seats then a run though the dish washer and put them together so I can figure out what buckets I need to order and the heads will be ready.
Hmmm, no comments from the cats this time - kinda disappointed lol!
rednucleus on 11:24:43 PM / 28-Mar-17Hmmm, no comments from the cats this time - kinda disappointed lol!
damn your right forgot to type in about the new part box love.....
Found the right spline for my steering rack so now have to send back the couplers and order the U joint I need for that then I should have all the parts for finishing up the steering other then tie rod ends which I want to work out how much of a spacer I can run on the inner tie rods to get a bit more angle if my rack will allow them, and get the knuckles so I can see how long they need to be.
for hubs I modified some rear S13s
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170401_235519.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170401_235519.jpg.html)
"hmmmmm new parts box" "so what didn't you smell this sandwich"
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170401_150455.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170401_150455.jpg.html)
test fitted the hubs
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170403_151218.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170403_151218.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170403_151205.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170403_151205.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170403_151157.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170403_151157.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170403_152553.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170403_152553.jpg.html)
I just need to take a little more off the inside on the back side just to be sure it's not hitting on the CV shaft before the bearing, it wasn't but close so just to be on the safe side..... Then there is a matter of brake rotors which I am looking into a few options....
also took care of this issue on lil G this weekend
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170403_162306.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170403_162306.jpg.html)
took on my intake this weekend just some mild port matching and clean up
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170423_155438.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170423_155438.jpg.html)
I did open this up a little on the back side
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170424_000210.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170424_000210.jpg.html)
just a little ledge to get rid of
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170424_143304.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170424_143304.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170424_192731.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170424_192731.jpg.html)
just need to drill and tap holes for throttle body and match that up and clean out runners and thats all set other then getting gaskets and matching those up (http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170424_192800.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170424_192800.jpg.html)
also have one of my adapter plates (oval to round port) all set but called it a night while the glue was setting that I used to glue the round port NWP spacer to adapter plate to lower intake so I can keep them all together in place while I finish porting so should have those down this week and then get the heads ran though the dish washer and start assembling them. Hope to get me credit bills paid down and start ordering lower end parts soon.
Can't wait to see how your oval to round plates look when mated to the intake and head.
Again . . . no commentary from the cats? You need to keep the pussy happy man or it will go away!
iceageg on 06:03:18 AM / 28-Apr-17Can't wait to see how your oval to round plates look when mated to the intake and head.
Again . . . no commentary from the cats? You need to keep the pussy happy man or it will go away!
I'll grab some pixs when I get the lower all done..... haven't been around the kittys since they are at the car shop and this stuff is done at my house..... but they will be back soon, just need to get this stuff taken care of so when I get to the point of making her turn and stop, I have almost everything ready to make her go....
well finished off my adapter plates, so those are all ready and just have clean up and assembly on the rest of the intake. Should be start getting heads assembled soon also. Ordered last of the parts I need for steering shaft so next time I get to the car shop I will be putting that together.
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170522_171513.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170522_171513.jpg.html)
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170522_171615.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170522_171615.jpg.html)
Put the steering wheel I'm going to use put in
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170611_195131.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170611_195131.jpg.html)
welded up the lower steering shaft, the spline stub is welded into the plug I made then pressed in and welded.
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170610_195657.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170610_195657.jpg.html)
road block
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170529_115347.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170529_115347.jpg.html)
had to make a bearing holder
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170610_233358.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170610_233358.jpg.html)
have some clean up and trimming yet, but think I still have room for exhaust to squeeze though with some heat shielding
(http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/vernk/20170611_195417.jpg) (http://s107.photobucket.com/user/vernk/media/20170611_195417.jpg.html)
https://youtu.be/lW0dMTMfukU (https://youtu.be/lW0dMTMfukU)