Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

1987 SE, project oldy but moldy!

Started by EternalSwap · Feb 13, 2013 · 54postsSMF 2010–26

EternalSwapMay 17, 2013, 12:41 pm · #51

Worked on it some with Gustapito...

posted image
posted image

So heads are ready to go on. Should I polish the ports? Anyone have any knowledege on doing so?
Post Merge


I forgot these, lol
Before:
posted image
Me so hone-y.
posted image
posted image
EternalSwapJun 10, 2013, 2:47 am · #52

I've gotten a lot of little shit lately. Poly steering rack bushing, power steering pressure hose, wheels, etc. but....

posted image
Block is in!

posted image
As well as a parts shop max sticker :p

ArroJun 10, 2013, 1:49 pm · #53

Polishing ports... really you do that when the head is disassembled. If the valvetrain is already installed, you're kinda stuck with what ya got unless you want to take it all apart again (I'm guessing you don't want to do that). Just opening up the inlet of the port and matching the intake won't really do much to get you performance gains. If anything, you'll have one spot in the airpath that is larger than the rest and that will detune your port a bit... might cause you to lose a little low end power. If you're taking everything apart, you'd port & polish the entire airpath, but I think you just want to get the engine together, so...

So in short, don't port.

Also, engine enamel paint FTW lolz

night_s12Jun 11, 2013, 12:11 am · #54

If you still need that crank pulley or other bits let me know. Im gonna tare this motor apart. Plans have changed. Only gonna be here for two weeks