Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

[Belgium] S12 - Engine inside :)

Started by XortioN · Nov 18, 2012 · 122postsSMF 2010–26

XortioNDec 9, 2015, 2:53 pm · #101

Thanks a lot for these motivating words, I have read them over and over to get me started working on the s12 again!  :yay!:
Yes it needs a lot of money, but especially a lot of patience because it has been a work of 3-4 years uptil now and will take another year to finish I think (especially money-wise).

We finally finished making an exhaust out of some pipework and 2.5" spoon exhaust.

(http://xcustoms.be/varia/s12/9%20dec%2015/foto%201.jpg)

(http://xcustoms.be/varia/s12/9%20dec%2015/foto%202.jpg)

Polished
(http://xcustoms.be/varia/s12/9%20dec%2015/foto%203.jpg)

(http://xcustoms.be/varia/s12/9%20dec%2015/foto%204.jpg)

Car is going in for paint and GP kit next weekend  :angel: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Unfortunately the turbo is leaking oil, so I will be taking that out after paintwork (hope I don't scratch anything).

Cajun1guyDec 10, 2015, 11:58 am · #102

Can't wait to see the finished product, what a labor of love!

sideways_s12Dec 22, 2015, 2:31 pm · #103

What muffler is that?

XortioNDec 31, 2015, 4:22 am · #104

Thanks! Looking forward as well, finally some work is getting done by someone else (it felt a bit weird leaving it behind at the shop though..).  :rip:

I used a Honda Civic Type R (EP3 K20A2) 2.5" catback with spoon N1 style muffler, I used to have this exhaust on my Type R civic and I loved the look of it. It's not too big and yet gives a subtle race look.

Here you can see the same exhaust on my Civic (which I sold to be able to afford my S12 restoration):

posted image

The spoon N1 muffler (take in mind that a real Spoon costs about 700$ and a replica 200$ for the muffler itself). You can also buy the muffler without pipework on ebay:

posted image

sideways_s12Feb 13, 2016, 1:01 pm · #105

That's not bad at all! I was thinking of going with a magnaflow unsure tho...

XortioNApr 24, 2016, 6:54 am · #106

Some update after 6 months.  :tongue2:

The silvia is almost ready for paint, althought I will wait another 2 months because this requires some extra money  :yes:

What has been done in the past months:

- Removed windows and several window trim
- Fixed rust: antenna, underneath window, trunk, ...
- Fixed dent in fender and hood
- MK2 lip was adapted so that it fits on the mk1 bumper and GP kit
- GP kit has required a lot of custom work because the fitment was poor and it lacked quality. It has been reinforced also and now fits perfect. We used a allan-screw system so that the kit kan be removed and cleaning behind the panels is possible. It looks a bit like the rockey bunny kits.
- US spoiler was fixed (he was broken during transport) and mounted

Pictures:
posted image

posted image

posted image

Here you can see the allan screws and perfect fitment
posted image

I also did some fotoshopping to see what it will look like once its done
posted image

Cajun1guyApr 25, 2016, 11:10 am · #107

As always, very impressive! That is going to be one fine machine when you are done!

pakii-afaMay 4, 2016, 6:15 am · #108

I'm jealous, very jealous. Is that kit still available?

NebuchernezzerMay 4, 2016, 5:05 pm · #109

This is a very nice resto mod!

sideways_s12May 8, 2016, 4:23 pm · #110

Are you changing the rear spoiler? IMO it would look better with something more subtle like the turbo spoiler.

XortioNJan 25, 2017, 3:38 pm · #111

Well the original spoiler was ready for the bin. :P
So I was able to buy a US spoiler, I would love to have the turbo spoiler but thats just not an option in Belgium (US and turbo spoiler was never sold here).

Paint job is almost ready, I've already uploaded a sneak preview

posted image

Cajun1guyMay 21, 2017, 9:43 pm · #112

What happened? You left me hanging too long! We need an update.

sideways_s12May 21, 2017, 11:00 pm · #113

Yeah whats the dealy-o?

XortioNJun 6, 2017, 9:41 am · #114

I'm sorry for the delay, it has been a hell of ride to get the s12 perfect and painted. Paint is finally done and the new front windscreen, rear windscreen and sunroof are finally fitted. Will be transporting it back home at the end of this week so I can go onto the next step  :tongue2:

posted image

posted image

Cajun1guyJun 6, 2017, 2:11 pm · #115

That is looking GREAT! Can't wait to see what's next.

sideways_s12Jul 2, 2017, 1:56 am · #116

Looks great! any plans to cover the rivets holding the GP kit on?

XortioNAug 10, 2020, 8:43 am · #117

@sideways_S12, no because they are not rivets. They are actually bolts and a lot of effort was put in to making a recess in the kit so the bolt sits in nice and gives a finished look (like rocket bunny kits).

So it has been 3 years since I last gave an update. A lot has been going on and I've put a lot of effort/work into the S12, so it has not been forgotten.
But long story short: The S12 passed technical check-up and I've been driving for a few weeks now, finetuning everything and fixing/adjusting small bits.

Few weeks ago I finally received my coilovers and mounted them using facelift s13 parts (280mm discs).

Before:
posted image
posted image

After:
posted image
posted image

And in the back, before:
posted image

And after:
posted image

So at this point she's sitting like this:
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

I've also received my wheels last week (15x8 ET0 and 15x9 ET-13) and if all goes well I'll be putting on some rubber this week.
posted image
posted image

posted image
posted image

kelso840Aug 10, 2020, 1:28 pm · #118

Looking good!

iceagegAug 10, 2020, 2:49 pm · #119

Great.  Now I need to put on clean underwear.

XortioNAug 19, 2020, 10:50 am · #120

Haha, I'm sorry in advance if you're gonna need a new underwear again after the finished result  :evillaugh:

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

Sometimes it's also good to remind yourself how it used to look before you started it all :p

posted image

posted image

kelso840Aug 20, 2020, 9:50 am · #121

Hot doggy. Loving your car, homie.

Wish we could get those GP kits in the states more easily.

sideways_s12Jan 30, 2021, 4:46 pm · #122

Damn she cleaned up nice!