Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

My Build Story...The 12welve gets some Luv! (Project High Response)

Started by 8SixS12 · Oct 27, 2012 · 255postsSMF 2010–26

8SixS12Nov 4, 2013, 10:21 pm · #151

Finished making up the coolant lines....
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/30DF7858-7747-411C-97F6-36C1BF0FA104-7430-0000044D893ED547_zpse553d5a3.jpg)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/4FAC9CAD-D25D-41FA-956D-C4454D08F4D1-8527-000005425C322750_zpsd9169694.jpg)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/DD8B6E78-1689-4408-A697-AB5136E25C41-8527-00000542F551993C_zpsa57a592b.jpg)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/7B1145FF-BC5C-40BD-90C5-273499F3B32B-8527-0000054359CC2CE4_zpsf9a6c0fd.jpg)

D-sport S12Nov 5, 2013, 8:58 am · #152

Very nice!
Ever think about running a s14 coolant neck, that way you don't have to run the coolant line around the back of the head

8SixS12Nov 17, 2013, 5:59 am · #153
D-sport S12 on 08:58:32 AM / 05-Nov-13Very nice!
Ever think about running a s14 coolant neck, that way you don't have to run the coolant line around the back of the head

Yeah I did consider that but it's an unnecessary added expense considering I couldn't find a used one anywhere and new ones are severely overpriced. I just can't justify getting one just to simplify one coolant line.
pakii-afaNov 17, 2013, 5:22 pm · #154

just a thought but shouldnt oil returns from turbos be fed back to below the turbo since it is purley gravity forced?

sideways_s12Nov 17, 2013, 10:13 pm · #155

Lol @ dipped the tip...

Looks good it's coming along nicely whats the estimated finish date?

8SixS12Nov 17, 2013, 10:49 pm · #156
pakii-afa on 05:22:42 PM / 17-Nov-13just a thought but shouldnt oil returns from turbos be fed back to below the turbo since it is purley gravity forced?

Correct, but I haven't done my oil return line yet.
Post Merge
sideways_s12 on 10:13:58 PM / 17-Nov-13Lol @ dipped the tip...

Looks good it's coming along nicely whats the estimated finish date?

Shooting for X-mas...again this year.  I PM'd you my cell. You should have called me, I was in Vegas for SEMA. I would have liked to have seen your 12.
sideways_s12Nov 17, 2013, 11:21 pm · #157

I never got it or I would of... my bad

pakii-afaNov 19, 2013, 12:06 am · #158

im an idiot  :cantlook:..i thought your coolant line was your oil return, it looked very odd but now i understand why lol

8SixS12Nov 26, 2013, 2:50 pm · #159

Started replacing the old rubber hoses on the intake side.  This has to be the closest replacement hose out there.  Much closer than the part number recommended by a post on Zilvia.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/6A1CDA7E-6431-4C50-BDAA-1E338568BAF7.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/6A1CDA7E-6431-4C50-BDAA-1E338568BAF7.jpg.html)

Had to match up all the others as well...Thanks to the guy at O'reiley's for being patient with me :thumbsup: The counter people at my local AutoZone get the gas face!  :glarestraight:
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B7CD1FC8-A0EA-44E6-AF5C-714976A36908.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B7CD1FC8-A0EA-44E6-AF5C-714976A36908.jpg.html)

They fit pretty good with some trimming.  I reused the OEM clamps simply because they work and I despise worm gears but I'll use them if absolutely necessary.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/24D742F1-153B-4122-822A-90629A202AA2.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/24D742F1-153B-4122-822A-90629A202AA2.jpg.html)

I have to check the 180SX FSM to see what I'm missing and the next time I get a chance, the intake mani and TB get bolted in place...getting closer by the day. Stay tuned.
Post Merge


Almost forgot.  I came up on a new elbow for 50 funtickets!  Gotta love craig's list!
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/F20FC1D3-9401-427A-A68A-B6AD787D3C96.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/F20FC1D3-9401-427A-A68A-B6AD787D3C96.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/129F78DF-C70D-4917-AF4E-642F22FA80E0.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/129F78DF-C70D-4917-AF4E-642F22FA80E0.jpg.html)

I bought it off a guy who's swapping a LS1 into a 240Z. I think I made a new friend.  He gave me a bunch of other stuff to boot.
IggyEGuanaNov 26, 2013, 11:13 pm · #160

looking great. is that turbo elbow the one with the smooth divider inside?

8SixS12Nov 27, 2013, 12:31 pm · #161

Thanks Iggy. No dividers here though.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B4F0718E-8CD9-473A-92DF-B79D23792F1C.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B4F0718E-8CD9-473A-92DF-B79D23792F1C.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/633EEC7E-B64D-43F5-9E85-65E7D5E6D30B.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/633EEC7E-B64D-43F5-9E85-65E7D5E6D30B.jpg.html)

My old ebay special elbow has a divider.  The outlet pipe diameter was cool for the 18ET but too small for what I'm doing now. 

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/CEDE5043-E208-4A2D-A169-5B14D95A1EDA.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/CEDE5043-E208-4A2D-A169-5B14D95A1EDA.jpg.html)(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/5E51B6E2-DF90-4023-BDBA-135FC44EB2DB.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/5E51B6E2-DF90-4023-BDBA-135FC44EB2DB.jpg.html)

The comparison of the two is like night and day.  The welds on the ebay elbow look like doodie and the Tomei's look like a perfect stack of shiny dimes.  I guess it does make sense to shell out the funtickets for better quality sometimes.

8SixS12Dec 4, 2013, 4:18 pm · #162

Today I decided to re-spray my engine bay since the weather was nice for a change. The first coat was just like before so it looks like I'll just have to live with the textured finish because I'm not about to sand it down again. Besides rustbullet isn't cheap. It's about time to see if the first coat is dry. If so then the bay will be ready for the wiring harness in about 5 days. ThTs about how long it should take to cure properly. I guess I'm just not cut out to be a paint and body man. Oh well I figure the RB will be a couple of steps up from a rattle can anyway.

8SixS12Dec 6, 2013, 9:57 am · #163

A shot of my makeshift paint booth
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/9BD6967C-1553-40C7-9ED2-F16FC556F870.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/9BD6967C-1553-40C7-9ED2-F16FC556F870.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/AFF604FF-D1C4-4C84-81A2-0B4077A73732.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/AFF604FF-D1C4-4C84-81A2-0B4077A73732.jpg.html)
Last coat is on waiting to cure
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/5EA4A59B-23CF-4947-ABA7-D3B15CDD0D89.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/5EA4A59B-23CF-4947-ABA7-D3B15CDD0D89.jpg.html)
A close-up of the finish
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/66A933CE-D9E2-4710-94FE-CE1D027E8D95.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/66A933CE-D9E2-4710-94FE-CE1D027E8D95.jpg.html)

Next:

Re-wrap and install the body / engine harnesses
work out a few more hoses on the intake side for the throttle body and whatnot
Install new water temp sensor and gauge sensor
Install water neck on the exhaust side
Oil dip stick and tube
Figure out what to do with this valve cover
Run the fuel lines and filter
Install the turbo elbow
Drop this ish in!

Damn, I still have a lot of work to do!

Post Merge


Had some RB left over so I did the front sway bar
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/F6997919-6D98-4DA4-A3C4-9B413D986B54.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/F6997919-6D98-4DA4-A3C4-9B413D986B54.jpg.html)
Came out much better than the bay IMO
Too bad I finally figured out how to spray this stuff once I did this, Oh well no turning back now!
IggyEGuanaDec 7, 2013, 1:01 am · #164

super pro paint booth. pretty much how i'm gonna do it. and for the valve cover

FULL POLISH

it'll pop so hard with the bay color

8SixS12Dec 14, 2013, 12:34 am · #165
IggyEGuana on 01:01:34 AM / 07-Dec-13super pro paint booth. pretty much how i'm gonna do it. and for the valve cover

FULL POLISH

it'll pop so hard with the bay color

Yeah I think so too. Now I just gotta get a fire under my friends ass to finish up the polish job on my other valve cover. This guy is a perfectionist. I can't really complain he's doing it for free.  The one I have sitting on the motor now is a spare. I may have to paint it up if I don't get the other one back in time for the first fire up.

I started cleaning up the harness the other day.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12/3C4AE505-D7AD-4F70-9ED4-1463E0B068D2.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12/3C4AE505-D7AD-4F70-9ED4-1463E0B068D2.jpg.html)

I bought this wire wrap from work and tried to get an idea of how it was going to fit.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/823A6638-5D81-4A78-A8C2-C38AE212CEBF.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/823A6638-5D81-4A78-A8C2-C38AE212CEBF.jpg.html)

It fits like a glove so it looks like I won't need many zip ties.
It should turn out nice and clean!
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/C46090B9-3406-4EBD-A99A-3C036C342C8A.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/C46090B9-3406-4EBD-A99A-3C036C342C8A.jpg.html)
D-sport S12Dec 15, 2013, 2:00 pm · #166

That braided loom looks so much better than the shitty plastic loom. Good choice

8SixS12Jan 7, 2014, 6:38 pm · #167

Been awhile since I've touched the car. I was supposed to get some stuff done today since the holidays had me tied up with family. Unfortunately temps here have been in the teens today so even my "bat mobile" booster style garage heater won't keep the garage warm enough.  I did take off all the plastic around the bay so now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to run the harness.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/F42B7008-0973-4B45-857E-7567EEE4DEFA.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/F42B7008-0973-4B45-857E-7567EEE4DEFA.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/334A6BB2-762D-4117-AFDF-3889AE0AC60F.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/334A6BB2-762D-4117-AFDF-3889AE0AC60F.jpg.html)

I really don't want to run it over the engine. I'd like it to be cleaner without actually trying to attemp a full-on wire tuck. 

I finally found a OEM fuel rail and hard line on ebay for 8 bucks! (mine was whooped!) Two more hoses and the engine is finally ready to go in.  I guess I'll install the injectors and rail once the motors in.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/0E29301B-5643-4BB9-83E2-CC33D256CDD8.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/0E29301B-5643-4BB9-83E2-CC33D256CDD8.jpg.html)

vegasS12Jan 17, 2014, 12:11 pm · #168

GEEZ! I can't believe I haven't followed this thread.
Great work my friend keep it up!

8SixS12Jan 18, 2014, 8:57 am · #169

Thanks Vegas. Your build is quite epic.

Well the pressure is on! My wife got a new position / transfer to Charlotte NC so I have to get the motor in and running by the middle of March.  I don't care much about leaving my job because they're a bunch off asshats anyway. I've been wanting to start my own business for a while now anyway so now would be a great time.

Anyway since my last post I got a couple more little things done in my spare time.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/56ED09F9-0F2C-400E-88E9-A9ADCE9B092A.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/56ED09F9-0F2C-400E-88E9-A9ADCE9B092A.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/9A8B1B86-5871-497E-86AB-B6F7199EB694.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/9A8B1B86-5871-497E-86AB-B6F7199EB694.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/573A1666-0C72-4718-B2D3-CF9E9B98BC8B.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/573A1666-0C72-4718-B2D3-CF9E9B98BC8B.jpg.html)

Now I gotta start cleaning up the rats nest once I finalize how I'm gonna route everything

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B85231E2-1A4B-4C2B-B6E3-329881862A9A.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B85231E2-1A4B-4C2B-B6E3-329881862A9A.jpg.html)
Post Merge


Once I got the clutch master cylinder back in I realized that I'm gonna need some new plastic clips that hold the lines to the firewall.  I tried to order some from a few places on ebay and a couple of stealerships but not one of them can actually come up with the parts. So I'm going to try and get a hold of some s13 / s14 clips and compare them to the old broken ones. I will be passing a Nissan dealer today in Austel GA that might have them but I haven't had good luck with their parts dept. in the past.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/43D4BF11-7814-44D4-9CCB-567B41281749.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/43D4BF11-7814-44D4-9CCB-567B41281749.jpg.html)
sideways_s12Jan 19, 2014, 1:26 am · #170

Looking good bro can't wait to see the final results when it's all together!

s12richJan 19, 2014, 3:39 pm · #171

another s12 going east coast F*$k Yeah!

8SixS12Jan 26, 2014, 6:02 am · #172

Finally got around to the throttle body water lines. 
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B2C543E5-3FAD-4DEF-938A-BD498CBD39F2.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B2C543E5-3FAD-4DEF-938A-BD498CBD39F2.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/BD5ABA8C-E535-4E8B-ABA1-6B75B4C79E98.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/BD5ABA8C-E535-4E8B-ABA1-6B75B4C79E98.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/6DD19C46-D8F1-4A1A-8EE3-941B959BDD5C.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/6DD19C46-D8F1-4A1A-8EE3-941B959BDD5C.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/9129ACB4-4F7B-4BB2-8321-B4C58F8182D4.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/9129ACB4-4F7B-4BB2-8321-B4C58F8182D4.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B6C9FDB2-7B3A-48F5-BA1B-4A81B0A15E11.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B6C9FDB2-7B3A-48F5-BA1B-4A81B0A15E11.jpg.html)

I ran out of time....again so I didn't get to finish up the last line althought I might make the lower line longer anyway. I don't think I'm happy with the tight curve it's making the way it is.

superDoriftoJan 26, 2014, 7:37 am · #173

I think I remade my coolant lines on my ka-t 2-3 times each.  No one is ever going to look at them, but I wasnt happy.  For what it's worth I think they look good.

8SixS12Jan 27, 2014, 6:52 pm · #174
superDorifto on 07:37:45 AM / 26-Jan-14I think I remade my coolant lines on my ka-t 2-3 times each.  No one is ever going to look at them, but I wasnt happy.  For what it's worth I think they look good.

Thanks for the second opinion.  I needed that!  Might try to finish up the other one tonight.  I also picked up some new vaccuum hose today so I'm hoping to get a few of those done too.
8SixS12Jan 29, 2014, 11:13 pm · #175

Last throttle body water line done:
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/1E5AAA0F-860E-498C-AC3F-33F946F01D54.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/1E5AAA0F-860E-498C-AC3F-33F946F01D54.jpg.html)
Post Merge


Next is vacuum lines.
8SixS12Feb 4, 2014, 5:06 pm · #176

Been busy getting my house ready to go on the market. Two more days of work left and all my free time will be packing up the garage and finishing the rest of the build... Well at least enough of it to get it running.

Infinimax96Feb 4, 2014, 10:50 pm · #177

what are you using to sleeve those hoses? Looks amazing. I'd like to do something like this when I clean up my engine bay.

Jamaican_DriftaFeb 5, 2014, 12:10 pm · #178

Nice, this project is coming together like sex looking real good man love to see more S12s getting restored like this.

8SixS12Feb 7, 2014, 10:01 am · #179

Infinimax96 on 10:50:13 PM / 04-Feb-14what are you using to sleeve those hoses? Looks amazing. I'd like to do something like this when I clean up my engine bay.
Thanks!  They aren't sleeved though. They're  actually 6AN (5/16") Summit Racing premium hoses. I'm using it for all my 5/16" stuff that can be seen including most of the fuel lines in the engine bay.
8SixS12Feb 25, 2014, 7:48 am · #180

This moving stuff has consumed all of my time so I've had zero time to work on the car. Looks like all I'll have time for now is getting the suspension and brakes back together so it'll be easier to get it on a trailer.  I'm planning on getting the motor in too but it's. It looking to promising at this point so it looks like the 12 may be in storage for about 5 or so months while the new house is being built. Oh well looks like one more summer without my car.

8SixS12Mar 7, 2014, 10:54 am · #181

Turns out I couldn't find anything to cap off the check valve so I couldn't  bleed the brakes.  Oh well my friend is coming to pick up the car either today or tomorrow. 
Post Merge


Can't wait to fire this $hit up!
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/28772C9F-D7DF-4EBA-A62F-1C16ED68B401.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/28772C9F-D7DF-4EBA-A62F-1C16ED68B401.jpg.html)
D-sport S12Mar 9, 2014, 10:49 am · #182

Looking nice, makes me wish I painted my manifolds. Really makes it look a lot cleaner

8SixS12Jun 6, 2014, 5:23 pm · #183

Small update...my freakin' seats finally came in after 3 months.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/321FE132-8325-43A6-8DAA-CAF805C188AD.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/321FE132-8325-43A6-8DAA-CAF805C188AD.jpg.html)

And we got the closing date locked in for the end of August on the new house. Here's where my twelve will call home from now on once it's done.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/66C7C2A0-8DBE-482F-ADAC-1CC3DA437CAA.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/66C7C2A0-8DBE-482F-ADAC-1CC3DA437CAA.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/C926B399-B726-49EB-BC5A-1FF4DDD3C4EF.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/C926B399-B726-49EB-BC5A-1FF4DDD3C4EF.jpg.html)

In fact I thought about documenting my garage / shop build and setup in this thread.

sideways_s12Jun 8, 2014, 12:43 am · #184

Whats the third mishimoto box for in the hatch?

8SixS12Jun 9, 2014, 7:10 am · #185

If you mean the small box, its the rad hoses. The other big box is the aluminum fan shroud kit.

Van_DentonJun 26, 2014, 2:54 am · #186

just read whole thread, this is going to be killer! subscribed!

8SixS12Jun 26, 2014, 12:36 pm · #187
Van_Denton on 02:54:43 AM / 26-Jun-14just read whole thread, this is going to be killer! subscribed!

Thanks for the compliment Van!
8SixS12Jul 7, 2014, 9:18 am · #188

No new updates. Been trying to sell my daily to buy a truck / tow rig.

sideways_s12Jul 13, 2014, 12:26 am · #189

I didn't know they had rad hoses or I would of bought them as well I got the rad and fans with shroud

8SixS12Jul 13, 2014, 11:37 pm · #190
sideways_s12 on 12:26:19 AM / 13-Jul-14I didn't know they had rad hoses or I would of bought them as well I got the rad and fans with shroud
Yup. I got the whole mishimoto cooling system setup. I almost got the aluminum top hose kit but it costs more than the silicone hoses. Besides, the aluminum hose doesn't look that great installed.
sideways_s12Jul 14, 2014, 12:22 am · #191

Makes sense. I gotta say the mishimoto set up is nice and with the 115 - 120 degree out here it holds up pretty fucking well and never get past the halfway mark.

8SixS12Jan 3, 2015, 4:07 pm · #192

It's been a long time since I've updated this thread. The move to Charlotte has been crazy along with my new job. The 12 is still in Atlanta and I've since sold my daily driven GS for a Silverado. Unfortunately some chick in a SUV decided to try texting and driving simultaneously and ended up causing a four car accident resulting in a smashed up roll pan for me and my truck. Not to mention damage to the bed. So no trailer hitch. No trailer. No 12. In the meantime though, I'll be getting the lab ready for part 2 of my build.
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/74ECF535-D1B4-4FCA-BF53-78C7745CE8DB.jpg)
 (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/74ECF535-D1B4-4FCA-BF53-78C7745CE8DB.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/1D5E28E8-173B-40B3-931E-D0F7E5591FFB.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/1D5E28E8-173B-40B3-931E-D0F7E5591FFB.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/F8A90621-6C3D-4328-8F31-5A3EEB823115.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/F8A90621-6C3D-4328-8F31-5A3EEB823115.jpg.html)

If all goes as planned I'll be building my work bench tomorrow.

D-sport S12Jan 9, 2015, 10:55 pm · #193

Nice clean work space.
I need to clean mine

8SixS12Jan 10, 2015, 7:51 am · #194
D-sport S12 on 10:55:28 PM / 09-Jan-15Nice clean work space.
I need to clean mine

Thanks Bro, my last garage was a pig sty! I could never find anything. I spent more time finding the right tool than working on my car!  This time I'm gonna do it right...everything in it's place and put back when finished. Labeled tool box drawers and whatnot. No more wasted frustration and energy. My workbench should be done tomorrow. I still have about 6 cuts to be ready to assemble this thing then I can add my vise and bench grinder. After all that I'll start organizing all my tools again.
D-sport S12Jan 10, 2015, 1:56 pm · #195

Nice, that's the way to do it. Always looking for things sucks. I'm re organizing my shop once my car leaves for a cage

8SixS12Mar 26, 2015, 11:10 am · #196

Built my work bench
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/1DB378E9-C8A5-4D23-A7BD-F31D3B87EA8E.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/1DB378E9-C8A5-4D23-A7BD-F31D3B87EA8E.jpg.html)

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/932FCFAA-90DF-43D3-B6AD-E8CB5C6849B8.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/932FCFAA-90DF-43D3-B6AD-E8CB5C6849B8.jpg.html)

And added some much needed lighting
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/D2FCEAA8-0103-4FBA-8847-A668D3CD43E7.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/D2FCEAA8-0103-4FBA-8847-A668D3CD43E7.jpg.html)

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/0DCD8241-F005-407B-8A00-63DA5E28954E.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/0DCD8241-F005-407B-8A00-63DA5E28954E.jpg.html)

8SixS12May 5, 2015, 8:53 pm · #197

At last a proper update! Now that my truck is out of the body shop, conventions, honey-do list activities  and the lack of a must-attend car show, I finally had a hot minute to install the trailer hitch. With that said, the next logical move before anything changed was to make the 4 hour trip to Atlanta to bring the s12 back to Charlotte.

(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/50F0AD08-C70A-4D55-BF67-F5E5A9476C79.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/50F0AD08-C70A-4D55-BF67-
F5E5A9476C79.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/8BB34F5D-CB10-4533-8402-F65245DC941E.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/8BB34F5D-CB10-4533-8402-F65245DC941E.jpg.html)

So after eight hours of driving and one 5 hour energy I made it back home last night with the shell in tow. I was able to back the trailer up close enough to the garage to roll the car right into it's new spot using the e-brake.

Post Merge


(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/ED3AF51D-C8B7-4F76-9164-0F64909B2840.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/ED3AF51D-C8B7-4F76-9164-0F64909B2840.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/10B20CE8-5B8D-4D9A-B4F6-1BA593050973.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/10B20CE8-5B8D-4D9A-B4F6-1BA593050973.jpg.html)
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/B86FBA11-8D78-482B-A035-28299C6E9424.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/B86FBA11-8D78-482B-A035-28299C6E9424.jpg.html)
Post Merge
The new garage is small compared to the last one so I'll have get everything around the car off the floor in order to have room to work. Can't wait to get started again!
(http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac90/nine5ive/42C96A99-E0E9-499B-BA8C-274CC99D7FED.jpg) (http://s888.photobucket.com/user/nine5ive/media/42C96A99-E0E9-499B-BA8C-274CC99D7FED.jpg.html)
IggyEGuanaMay 5, 2015, 9:05 pm · #198

awesome! saw your post on FB. nice to put a face with a club s12 name

rednucleusMay 5, 2015, 9:25 pm · #199

Congrats! The worst small garage in the world is far better than the best biggest driveway - esp in the rain!

8SixS12May 6, 2015, 6:52 am · #200

Thanks guys! I'm so ready to get started I can't even concentrate at work. I need to snap out of it though, I have a car show to plan.
Post Merge


rednucleus on 09:25:15 PM / 05-May-15Congrats! The worst small garage in the world is far better than the best biggest driveway - esp in the rain!

Indeed sir, indeed.