Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

my sr s12

Started by negativeoffset · Mar 9, 2012 · 80postsSMF 2010–26

negativeoffsetMay 21, 2012, 7:00 am · #51

pretty sure I saw Your hatch at drift Atlanta!


Post Merge: 09:06:14 PM / 21-May-12
posted image

0 to -.5 rear camber?  check! took a good while today but i managed to make a ear that extended the outside trailing arm mount on the crossmember. the hole is about 2 inches lower. works great, toe is better, camber went from like -8 to 0. lol
I_heart_VVLMay 21, 2012, 10:44 pm · #52

You raised it, doesn't count.

D-sport S12May 21, 2012, 10:55 pm · #53

Pics of said fix?

negativeoffsetMay 22, 2012, 9:34 am · #54
I_heart_VVL on 10:44:25 PM / 21-May-12You raised it, doesn't count.
didnt raise it at all, the 0 camber raised it. obviously its going to sit higher when it doesnt have 8 billion degrees of neg camber. im gonna cut the springs a little to compensate for it most likely.
D-sport S12 on 10:55:20 PM / 21-May-12Pics of said fix?
ill go and take one in a minute

Post Merge: 09:50:58 AM / 22-May-12
posted image
its ugly but it works
ArroMay 22, 2012, 12:40 pm · #55

Static. Works but I'd rather weld on a slotted section.

negativeoffsetMay 24, 2012, 9:26 am · #56
http://www.drifted.com/video/grassroots-s2-drifting-events-drift-again/19532/
I_heart_VVLJun 13, 2012, 8:47 pm · #57

is this car still alive?

derek kingJun 13, 2012, 8:53 pm · #58
negativeoffset on 08:07:08 PM / 02-May-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHWyadYA-Co

i have the blue helmet


STOP LOOKING BACKWARDS JOHNNY!

Glad you like the seat position still. Im telling you its better!
Keep up the shredding.
200srdriftJun 14, 2012, 9:44 pm · #59

where'd you get a the overs????

Slideways87PandaAug 11, 2012, 6:04 pm · #60

i love the overfenders you made,  looks good hope to hear more updates about this notch

8SixS12Aug 13, 2012, 10:43 pm · #61

I thought I saw Turner Field!  Glad to see another 12 in the ATL!  If you ever get out to Summit Racing Equipment in McDonough come check me out!  BTW, lovin the Notch!

negativeoffsetMar 31, 2014, 2:26 pm · #62

Thought id revive my old build thread instead of starting a new one.. long story kinda not as long, i forgot my username and finally about an hour ago just figured it out.
Ended up trading the s12 shell away for this cressida because i had big plans for it but the s12 was just to much of a rust bucket.
posted image
posted image
but who cares about that. took the sr out and put it in this
posted image
maybe blew up a motor or two and wrecked it a few times but i actually still have it as a shell right now
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
Had my tow rig
posted image
traded my tow rig cause i got a great deal on this rig
posted image

Had a bunch of stupid fun toys also through out this time
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

then onto something maybe one of you guys actually care about... picked up this ca20 coupe on bc coils for 1200$ sold the motor and put my 300whp sr in it/ s13 front suspension including drop knuckles and extended lcas. blew up my turbo the other day so im in the process of replacing it. car only has 84000 miles on it
posted image
Then i went up an picked up this beauty 86 hatch with a ca20 in it on megans, s13 front suspension, and has a kazz 1.5 r200 in it out of a z31. alternator went out on me after a week of having it but i had planned on swapping it anyways for reliable DD mode. So now my na sr20de out of a s14 kouki will be here as of tomorrow. I have way to many projects going on! this hatch has a whopping 65000 miles on it. super clean burgandy interior.
posted image

just thought id give a little updatew since im back in the s12 scene

kelso840Mar 31, 2014, 2:46 pm · #63

Congratulations on that hatch. Looks great. Actually, congratulations on all your cool cars. What will become of your 20e?
Post Merge



negativeoffsetMar 31, 2014, 3:11 pm · #64
kelso840 on 02:46:21 PM / 31-Mar-14
Congratulations on that hatch. Looks great. Actually, congratulations on all your cool cars. What will become of your 20e?
Post Merge


I honestly have no clue. Guess ill be posting it forsale, even can come with this winey ass ca18det transmission lol
Colonel GustardApr 1, 2014, 10:36 am · #65

Did you get that hatch off a guy named Hector? That thing looks suuuuper familiar

negativeoffsetApr 1, 2014, 6:13 pm · #66
Colonel Gustard on 10:36:43 AM / 01-Apr-14
Did you get that hatch off a guy named Hector? That thing looks suuuuper familiar
You are correct
Colonel GustardApr 2, 2014, 12:21 am · #67

I cant believe he sold it! That thing was suuuuper mint and he loved it! The SE lip kit on it came off my personal red SE that I sold to him a few years back, great guy. Congrats on the super clean hatch!

negativeoffsetApr 2, 2014, 10:41 am · #68
Colonel Gustard on 12:21:19 AM / 02-Apr-14
I cant believe he sold it! That thing was suuuuper mint and he loved it! The SE lip kit on it came off my personal red SE that I sold to him a few years back, great guy. Congrats on the super clean hatch!

Thanks bud! And ya I love the thing but that pouring oil misfiring ca had to go. I'm pulling the motor out right now. My minty fresh s14 kouki sr20de came in yesterday. Ill update with some pics in a little. It even came with a gangster ass cusco header which I'm sure is rare as hell to find in the states
EternalSwapApr 3, 2014, 12:13 am · #69

Oh, you're that guy on Instagram :p I love your pics!

negativeoffsetApr 6, 2014, 7:33 pm · #70

Did some work this weekend

posted image

posted image

These sure are gonna suck, but i needed something and didn't realize the motor had not came with stock mounts until I was in the process of dropping it in so I made some. Ill probably change em out in the near future but what ever.

posted image

I still need to wire it in, and run random hoses n stuff. So the fun will continue this week. Biggest deal will be getting this header to fit in there but I'm sure ill come up with something. It's coming along though

turbo-s12Apr 7, 2014, 10:24 pm · #71

Ya those mounts are gunna suck why dont you just go pick some up.

negativeoffsetApr 14, 2014, 8:22 am · #72

Well I got my hatch running and driving great! This was a nice and productive weekend. Had to get a 200$ brand new maf for it since they are rare as hell for the na kouki s14 sr. Had to throw my wheels off the coupe onto my running car for the moment too until i man up and buy some. Also went full ricer and bought chalk for my ugly chalk board painted coupe. Looking for a bb t28 for that thing so it can be back on the road now. Even managed to sell my g35 this weekend! posted image
posted image
posted image

BasicApr 14, 2014, 11:12 am · #73

I like the wheels on the hatch. Were those stock or off something else? it's almost like a 4 lug starion wheel.

negativeoffsetApr 14, 2014, 11:55 am · #74
Basic on 11:12:58 AM / 14-Apr-14
I like the wheels on the hatch. Were those stock or off something else? it's almost like a 4 lug starion wheel.
They are celica supra wheels 14x7 -8
BasicApr 14, 2014, 5:02 pm · #75

I guess I meant notch, not hatch since you swapped them over it seems. You got the idea though. 14" seems really small but they look good.

pakii-afaApr 14, 2014, 11:45 pm · #76

did nobody else notice the beautiful vw caddy! i want one again D:

negativeoffsetApr 15, 2014, 9:17 am · #77
pakii-afa on 11:45:54 PM / 14-Apr-14
did nobody else notice the beautiful vw caddy! i want one again D:
pakii-afa on 11:45:54 PM / 14-Apr-14
did nobody else notice the beautiful vw caddy! i want one again D:
Yeaaaahh.. That's my buddy's, we just went and picked it up last week. He's been steady doin work to that thing
Post Merge

Here are some pictures of the hatch. This is exactly what I've always wanted to build. Can't wait till the 26th so I can slide it at the first drift event of the year for me. Probably gonna mod my knuckles this week sometime. Also picking up a brand new 18g for the coupe so that thing will be back on the road soon soon. Gonna have to go get a retune on it first. Luckily my roommate works up at DIY autotune so I kinda got the hookup on that. Possibly in the future ill be going ITBs and MS2 on the NA sr since I have a set of ITBs sitting in my spare bedroom for an sr.
posted image

posted image

posted image
negativeoffsetMay 1, 2014, 11:29 am · #78
posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

posted image

Pictures explain a lot more than words. Got my new wheels for the hatch! Got my new turbo for the coupe! Ran an event in that slow turd hatch! Now to fix the coupe and get a retune so I can have power again
D-sport S12May 1, 2014, 9:03 pm · #79

Way to do cool things.
What wheels are on the front? I've been thinking of getting some more wheels and have a few in mind

8SixS12Jun 7, 2014, 9:19 am · #80

Looking good! The red stripe on the hatch reminds me of my car.