Browse › Tech ›Brakes, suspension and wheels

Definite Weld On Coilover Parts List For s12 suspension

Started by EightySix200SX · Jul 6, 2011 · 134postsSMF 2010–26

sam31183Sep 12, 2011, 2:04 am · #101

i was actually thinking that it would be better to attach some metal to the top housing that the top of the spring sits in...if you add anything to the lower perch its just going to make the rear end sit higher.

fyneyoungstunnaSep 13, 2011, 10:39 am · #102

like a collar around the spring? or a lip around it?

sam31183Sep 13, 2011, 2:00 pm · #103

nooo....there is this top housing thing that the top of the spring sits in....when the control arm goes down to far if you have the sleeve adjusted super low the spring has a chance of falling out of the top housing...if you were to attach some metal to the housing to make it go down further than you wouldnt have to worry about the top of the spring popping out if you went over a bump or something. This is the reason why a lot of people have used limiter straps to keep the control arm from having its full down stroke....but, there is a chance that the strap could break eventually....depending on what you use for a strap and what not. There are a lot of forces at work there...

8SixS12Sep 16, 2011, 11:19 pm · #104

Sam, you never measured the spring height on your GC coilovers for me.

sam31183Sep 16, 2011, 11:25 pm · #105

I know, I have been busy and haven't even put the front of the car back up in the air yet. I have a weird sound coming from the front I want to check out though, so I might do it Monday on my next day off.

S12-ARSep 17, 2011, 2:33 am · #106
sam31183 on 11:25:34 PM / 16-Sep-11I know, I have been busy and haven't even put the front of the car back up in the air yet. I have a weird sound coming from the front I want to check out though, so I might do it Monday on my next day off.

Regarding the noise, when you order your set up from TTT, did you also get some sleeves that go in the camber plate's bearing hole?
sam31183Sep 17, 2011, 3:34 am · #107

I got the sleeves for a Toyota since I am running sw20 shocks.

EightySix200SXSep 17, 2011, 10:08 am · #108

It's binding u can get a lower sandwich bearing to go under the sleeve so it can rotate freely

sam31183Sep 17, 2011, 12:49 pm · #109

It sounds like its only the passenger side though...

fyneyoungstunnaSep 23, 2011, 12:40 am · #110

I was talking about a collar around the bottom. Isnt that what dave or whomever was talking about being dangerous if it fell out? my bad if i got it backwards.

sam31183Sep 23, 2011, 1:03 am · #111

the collar on the bottom cant really fallout though...only the top of the spring...

OsadNov 25, 2011, 8:44 am · #112

Question:

I have been using the suspension kit from Megan, but the rear is all kinds of wonky, and the collars are of poor quality and siezed. I was wondering if I could use this spring/perch combo with the 's13' rear strut?

Thanks,
Dan

I_heart_VVLNov 29, 2011, 7:07 pm · #113

yes you can, just do what you would do if you were using S13 coilovers.
swap the lower mount bushing with the S12 one since its a smaller ID, and take off the upper mounts like so.
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/nenhenry/summer%20project/IMG_3851.jpg)

OsadNov 30, 2011, 10:15 pm · #114

Heh, thanks! I already have the suspension installed. Im just wondering if the heights and tolerance will remain the same using the day motorsports stuff with the megan s13 strut.

I_heart_VVLDec 1, 2011, 5:01 pm · #115

yep, should be the same.
its only a spring and perch.

VG30_S12Dec 1, 2011, 8:10 pm · #116

Rather than start a new thread, just gonna throw this out seeing as its very related...If it needs a new thread go ahead and split it

Edit* GD pics won't work... So just google penultimate on image search

Why has no one tried this? I saw it was discussed but nothing really came of it?

I've got another irs rear and a cheap flux welder I may experiment with

I_heart_VVLDec 1, 2011, 8:24 pm · #117

you mean penultimate rear crossmember?
(http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee461/ShakotanS12/9080_Penultimate_for_james.jpg)
yeah that's awesome, I can see it taking lotsa fab and money to get it right though.
i thought it would just be easier to weld some of these in and get rid of rubber bushings while I'm at it.. but that'd just take care of toe...
(http://technotoytuning.com/media/products/lca_kit_2.jpg)

Gomesf1Dec 6, 2011, 11:12 pm · #118

the web sites on first page are broken AHHHH please fix

WonderingravenDec 6, 2011, 11:53 pm · #119

There easy to get the right url's
Front
ROLL CENTER ADJUSTERS- http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=815
S13 CAMBERPLATES- http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=819
280ZX GC SLEEVES- http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=802
RockAuto.com  92 MR2 Front Shocks (Part Number: 765015) KYB AGX

Rear
SPRING PERCH [MUST USE SS-85500-A] http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/352/SPRING-SPACERS
SPRINGS [MUST USE 5"X8" SPRING] http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/389/FRONT-COIL-SPRINGS
RockAuto.com 96 Mustang FoxBody Shocks (Part Number: 743021)  KYB AGX

Gomesf1Dec 7, 2011, 12:03 am · #120

thank you sir and do the have to be agx cuz some on there are 40 and agx are like 100

WonderingravenDec 7, 2011, 12:07 am · #121

That I do not know, I think it's for the best performance for the mod, it's recommended AGX.

JordanDec 21, 2011, 9:34 pm · #122

I will be doing this over the summer. Hoping to start gathering parts over the next couple months. I need to know what the max height is that can be achieved with this setup. I need to have my car higher for winter driving and parking lots. I do want the adjustable setup.

sam31183Dec 21, 2011, 10:04 pm · #123

Technically you can raise it up and down the full length of the sleeves...from the looks of it you could definitely have a 4x4 ride height if you wanted to for snow or like rallyx. Besides rubbing all the time I am pretty happy with my set ride height so I haven't messed with it...i might get some lolz though after seeing my car way up in the air.

JordanDec 21, 2011, 10:22 pm · #124

That sounds like there's plenty of adjustment. What's causing the rubbing?

sam31183Dec 21, 2011, 11:30 pm · #125

Speedbumps and dips and shit. :p

Unleashedrb200sxJan 6, 2012, 8:35 pm · #126

a friend of mine just bought an 84 (solid axle) i just want to know if the bc suspension kit would fit with an s13 front convertion   the most important of the question is would the rear setup fit ???


Post Merge: 08:16:43 AM / 07-Jan-12

bump
zilvia_brothersMar 11, 2012, 7:31 am · #127

Whats spring rate are you guys you using for DD. i usually like driving stiff but too much to hurt my back

silvertonMar 23, 2012, 3:48 am · #128

FRONT:
ROLL CENTER ADJUSTERS- https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s130/roll-center-adjusters-datsun-280zx
S13 CAMBERPLATES- https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s13/camber-plates-nissan-s13
280ZX GC SLEEVES- https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s130/front-ground-control-weld-coilover-kit-datsun-280zx
MR2 SHOCKS- KYB AGX 765015

REAR:
SPRING PERCH [MUST USE SS-85500-A]- http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/352/SPRING-SPACERS
SPRINGS [MUST USE 5"X8" SPRING]- http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/389/FRONT-COIL-SPRINGS
FOXBODY SHOCKS- KYB AGX 743021

Me updating this with fresh links, as the OP links are dead and never "rendered" correctly, should let you know I'm up to something... though, I'm probably not going to end up using any of these parts. LOL ;)

Dr.SteelsApr 12, 2012, 8:10 pm · #129

Found what I was looking for

Ju_S12_TurboJun 26, 2012, 4:10 am · #130

FYI Day Motor sports still sells the SSS springs (Cheaper shipping and stuff as well) they just moved the url, For "Front springs (Minimum 550 lbs and max 850lbs)  " http://www.daymotorsports.com/proddisp.php?ln=14667  And for "Rear springs (Minimum 100 lbs Max 400lbs) http://www.daymotorsports.com/proddisp.php?ln=14828

420-86notchSep 24, 2012, 7:53 pm · #131

would these springs work on oem front shock tubes and the stock rear perches

seishukuOct 29, 2012, 10:58 pm · #132

Quick question:
How much travel do the Eibach springs offer, compared to OEM strut/spring setup?

I ask, because looking at the springs that come with the T3 weld-on kit, it looks like it seriously limits the suspension travel.

Unless I can order taller springs when I order the kit?

ArroOct 30, 2012, 11:17 am · #133

Once you sleeve it, Eibach will make you whatever spring you want in whatever spec you want, both rate and dimensions.

BasicJan 14, 2014, 1:38 pm · #134

so, reading through this thread, i had a question on how adjustable the right height is, specifically for the rear. I understand this depends on what spring rate you run, but assuming you run something that's a typical daily spring rate (maybe 400 lb/in) for the rear - what kind of height adjustment can you expect? I want a slightly lower than stock height, the springs that are on my car now are too low and making the rear camber really wonky.