Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Low594's S12 Notch

Started by Low594 · Jun 15, 2011 · 64postsSMF 2010–26

Ju_S12_TurboApr 15, 2012, 2:16 am · #51

I got a baller set of 15x7 center lines for sale missing the center caps tho http://www.biopatent.com/Centerline1.jpg , and if your in oakland you should come to the drift events! If you come to the one this wed there might be 2 or 3 S12's there. also got a set of springs if your looking to lower your car at all

sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 5:32 pm · #52

Today I had a carmeet with the Dutch Nissanclub. The car has been polished completely. The engine bay has been cleaned by myself and some help, with WD40 FTW> Interior has been cleaned with an extractor, and did a good job. Alot of brown stuff came out, but this was expected.

No pics before, but the result tells it all.

posted image
Engine bay

I didnt take a good pic of the interior, and it needed to dry.
posted image

My buddy at work
posted image
posted image

And some more.
posted image

Pics of the result
posted image
posted image
posted image

White trash in the cabin.
posted image
cover over it so it does not become dirty

Awesome pic
posted image

cutter67Apr 15, 2012, 5:50 pm · #53

very,very nice....the s12 dreams are made of

sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 5:52 pm · #54

carbon fibre?

JayApr 15, 2012, 5:54 pm · #55

Out of curiosity, are those wheels 14", or 15"?

sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 5:55 pm · #56

15" front 7J rear 8J

JayApr 15, 2012, 5:57 pm · #57

I found some 14's in the yard near me for $100. That's why I asked. Not the exact same thing, but very similar.

posted image

sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 6:04 pm · #58

Not even close Jay. I do wonder if they fit the calipers? Better upgrade to 16 inch and get some decent brakes. Trackdays FTW!

JayApr 15, 2012, 6:07 pm · #59

Seeing as my car is sitting 14's right now, I think they'll fit. Wink

At worst, I offload them to someone for $150.

sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 6:09 pm · #60

Sure it will fit, but the brakes wont fit for track use  devilsidesmile

JayApr 15, 2012, 6:10 pm · #61
posted image

The brakes work fine for what I do Cheesy
sunny1600Apr 15, 2012, 6:12 pm · #62

Decent track use.. Nordschleife.. Wink

Just fkking around with you but the bigger is better with brakes.

Low594Apr 15, 2012, 11:19 pm · #63
Ju_S12_Turbo on 02:16:26 AM / 15-Apr-12
I got a baller set of 15x7 center lines for sale missing the center caps tho http://www.biopatent.com/Centerline1.jpg , and if your in oakland you should come to the drift events! If you come to the one this wed there might be 2 or 3 S12's there. also got a set of springs if your looking to lower your car at all
Those sure would look nice!posted image
But a lil too nice for Oaktown, they would just make sure that the car was stolen or broken into!  Besides, it's the Lady who drives it most of the time!  I ride my moto 90%!  So a nice factory look is what is best for where I live and what the car is used for.  I'm just an addict for tricking out cars/trucks/motos!  She's good at tolerating my issues!

As for lowering, not at this time.  I'd love to get rid of the gap between the tread and wheel well.  If I do, I'll go the coilover route, so I can get it leveled out correctly.  It's a bit stiff in the ride for a daily.  I tell people if they want to train for Baja, come ride the Oakland streets for a month, then the Baja dirt roads will look like heaven!

Post Merge: 12:12:54 AM / 16-Apr-12

So there are a few pieces that I am needing to replace, so I thought I'd make a little list here, partly as a reminder to myself and partly in case anyone has these pieces:
-drivers side exterior C-Pillar trim  (will Mk2 pieces fit?  If so and I can find a pair they look a bit better)
-upper windshield trim
-A/C vent, far drivers side in grey

Then there are the wish items, which may never happen:
-SE front spoiler
-SE side skirts
-turbo hood
-JDM clear park lights
-JDM clear/amber fender lights
-JDM taillights

I've been considering the idea of selling my truck, since the gas mileage sucks!  I'd love to find another nice notch, maybe a Mk2 with a CA18ET, altho I'd love one with an SR20DET!  I really miss my old 510s, and I like the S12 almost as much!
ne2rkApr 16, 2012, 4:03 pm · #64

ive picked up someone's dead project... Its a ca18det complete motorset with xspower stainless header and downpipe, t28 ebay turbo, bigger injector's, ecu tuned by blitz? and random other parts like bov, fmu and dsm innercooler. The motorset came with uncut wire harness and bunch of extra's for $1,000. I got it as a dead project from a s13 guy around town from word of mouth.  yay!

I removed the ca20e and tucked the alternator and power steering to the side. after i put a head gasket and rear main seal on the ca18det im ready for the swap. My plan is to put the ca18det in for now stock and pull it out this summer for a aftermarket clutch, head gasket and arp bolts. and many other random parts and hopes of a lsd or welded diff.

Pictures will be uploaded soon.