Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Lost Attraction

Started by Prolowtone · Dec 29, 2010 · 305postsSMF 2010–26

ProlowtoneOct 15, 2011, 1:21 am · #201

Huh. I think i have found the car that was swept from my grasp. Will see tomorrow


Post Merge: [time]09:40:01 PM / 15-Oct-11 [/time]
Fuck yes i found the car. The guy who bought it just wanted the motor. So i got a new drift shell ($40)
posted image
posted image

Damn diff is almost on the ground! hahaha
posted image

JK, Not my drift car.. It could be for not much more then $40.. but i got no room till we move sometime in the next year. But i got some parts for $40, and i paid the guy $60 for letting me tear pff whatever i wanted as long as the car would roll onto the wrecker
ProlowtoneOct 16, 2011, 10:55 pm · #202

Lowered my car (Which raised the rear cause the springs were saggy). I than went out a carved some corners, Its like a whole new car!

D-sport S12Oct 17, 2011, 1:08 am · #203

What did you put in?

ProlowtoneOct 17, 2011, 2:16 am · #204

Well i stripped the other girl and stuck her Springs on Silvia, they were a red color lol. She didnt really like that and i had to do some work for her to forgive me tinkering with another car. Headlight stalk is fixed. stupid cheep electrical grease burnt and made a film on the contacts, scrapped them clean and now the lights work like new again.

posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

Front gap
posted image
posted image

Rear is sunk
posted image
posted image

posted image
posted image
posted image

Judging the top of the tire
posted image

I took a small piece out of my garage floor. The cars to low to back in now unless i pop up the front tires with 2 old bumper supports from a truck
posted image

Car is running and driving as good as it looks now
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

ProlowtoneOct 27, 2011, 10:39 pm · #205

Went out to Stanley park in Vancouver BC the other day with my friend and i managed to get some good shots of my car
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

Colonel GustardOct 27, 2011, 10:42 pm · #206

you left your lights on, could kill your battery. just saying lol. real shit i was at that EXACT park when i took my trip to Canada

ProlowtoneOct 27, 2011, 10:52 pm · #207

lol car was running in neutral. shit would run out of a full tank of gas before the lights died with my new battery Tongue. Its a nice park, my first time going there

ProlowtoneNov 5, 2011, 1:54 am · #208

Added some new weather stripping around the hatch to stop annoying squeaking (getting more tomorrow as i only had enough to do about half. I actually have to slam it to shut it now that its so thick... but it should work good and reduce wind noise and squeaking of rubber on paint when the car twists. I added some thin weather stripping to the doors a few months ago and it reduced about 85-90% of wind and road noise. also going to add some thin stuff to my side windows and the moon roof. Also put a new starter in my jeep

ProlowtoneDec 3, 2011, 5:41 am · #209

Been awhile since I posted in here. The car is super quiet inside, I dare say you hear more wind and road noise out of my moms boyfriends 2003 Sentra SE-R. But you still hear the motor and exhaust just fine. The hatch does not squeak anymore but no I have a vibration in my dash that I hear once every few weeks and it is starting to bug me Sad I'll never be happy lol.

I'm just noticed that I am getting lower for winter...  17's in the summer, 15's in the fall, and now  I'm going to be putting on 14's for the winter lol also fixed my jeep..... Wasn't the starter that was causing the no crank..... I put the trans in reverse and my reverse lights didn't turn on.. Crawled under and tapped the NSS and sure enough the lights turned on. So I took it apart and rebuilt it and  life is back to normal.. I tried to fix my rear defrost but...... It was a waste of 30 dollars. Time to take it to a shop Sad I can't see with only 4 strips working
ProlowtoneDec 4, 2011, 11:02 pm · #210

Today on my way to go get new rims and tires for my jeep my speedo died.. kinda flickered then read 0 all day :S I hope it didnt break or i will need one ASAP. i would have to get it sent express...

installed the rims and tires on my Cherokee and went to get the DTC codes that came on a few days ago.... It said heated oxygen sensor failure (Its brand fucking new! What the hell) So i started crawling under the front and noticed a bracket with my oxygen sensor wiring sitting on the front diff wrapped around the oil pan heater cord. I guess the bolt that held it to the intake came out which allowed it to drop. I cursed a few times and looked at the top of the motor and sure enough, I thought right. When the bracket fell it pulled the slack in the line and forced it onto the exhaust manifold Sad burned through the plastic coating and the coating of 3 of 4 wires and shorted them out on the exhaust.

Edit* Jeep is temporarily fixed, new rims and tires are on but i need to paint the highlight of the rims..some day.. and i dont need a new speedo cable for the s12 Cheesy. The little spring loaded part that sits in the neck of the speedo cable tube just popped out so there was no pressure between the cable and the needle that turns the speedo. and now i get to sleep

ProlowtoneDec 8, 2011, 9:04 pm · #211

Comp is still fucked up so i am posting pics i upload from my Iphone to Facebook  Sad
Winter mode

posted image
posted image
posted image

Super toasty 02 sensor wiring the fell onto the exhaust manifold (Burnt through 3 of 4 wires :S)
posted image
posted image

New rims and tires i got for my jeep
posted image

New T/C kit from Experimental Engineering
posted image

I_heart_VVLDec 8, 2011, 10:01 pm · #212

Wheels look great! But it looks like you need smaller tires.
and a whole foot drop Tongue

hahaha I kid.
How do you like the T/C kit?

ProlowtoneDec 8, 2011, 10:11 pm · #213

My jeep is getting a lift kit Tongue rear leafs are starting to feel saggy and the front springs are soft and bouncy... may as well pay the extra few bucks to ;lift it then to put more stock stuff back on it right?

The T/C kit is nice. solved a lot of the odd felling of the suspension swaying under heavy braking and cornering, I feel a sharper turn in (More responsive steering)

ProlowtoneDec 11, 2011, 5:20 pm · #214
posted image
lol Sam- "I thought it was dirty at first and then just realized it was a nissan cube...nissan ice cube".

posted image
posted image

Post Merge: [time]03:49:58 PM / 11-Dec-11 [/time]
Message from Strata "There will be no parking in the rear of the complex from December 12-16th as we are repairing the driveway letdown and sidewalk. Any vehicles parked on the rear street will NOT be able to exit from December 12-16". So there are 4 guest parking areas that are available to use, 3 are ment to park 2 cars and 1 is ment for 1 but you can fit 2... and the back street is always full of vehicles..... this shall get interesting im going to move my car after so i can get a spot. I foresee people parking infront of their garages even tho it is considered a no parking zone (Fire lane)...
BattleFairyDec 12, 2011, 11:44 am · #215

i want that wheels soooooooooo bad.... can someone find me a shipping solution???

TobbethedudeDec 12, 2011, 1:01 pm · #216
BattleFairy on 11:44:11 AM / 12-Dec-11i want that wheels soooooooooo bad.... can someone find me a shipping solution???

lol BattleFairy you live in Geramy the land of great rims!  ; )
ProlowtoneDec 12, 2011, 10:48 pm · #217

the rims are only 14x6 i think..... maybe only 14X5.5... I only have them for winter, If i dont keep them i will post them up. If i do keep them i might get them widened :P

BattleFairyDec 13, 2011, 11:48 am · #218
Tobbethedude on 01:01:44 PM / 12-Dec-11lol BattleFairy you live in Geramy the land of great rims!  ; )
(http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/5799038/view/1/producttypecolor/17/type/png/width/280/height/280/you-not-funny_design.png)
the rims are only 14x6 i think..... maybe only 14X5.5... I only have them for winter, If i dont keep them i will post them up. If i do keep them i might get them widened Tongue
i dont mind 14"

the prob is, i could get centerlines here but all in thos crazy yank bolt patterns which no one loves
ProlowtoneDec 17, 2011, 3:45 am · #219

Cleaned the garage a bit while waiting for my buddy to come over again with his civic. Organized my pile of S12 related parts and filled 3 more Rubbermaid bins and started using the organizer i bought for bolts etc.. and i still have more laying about :S.

 While steam cleaning the car my friend told me some interesting news about one of the shops i know. Its run by an acquaintance of mine and his father, They are understaffed and its going to get worse now that its winter.. and they just lost another worker (Alcoholic or so i herd) who had his stomach rip open and had to get stitched back together and cant work for awhile. This shop does Race built cars and tuners and is in the middle of building my friends RB powered S13, so i would like to help out and get some more shop experience.

 I will be able to progress my fab skills, learn more about tuning then i already know. Plus i will get the chance to get some Very sweet parts, be able to source the parts i want for cheaper and maybe have access to tools or people that will do some good low cost labor (Hot tank my block and head, blueprint the head, over bore my cylinders ETC). I may also be able to get some ideas for suspension work on our cars :D

My friend is just going to mention me cause i am not hopeless. I have been to the shop a few times and still cant get over the cars they have in the lot and on the shelf's in the shop.. :D :Giddy: I like guy and hope that i will be able to fit in at his shop if i get a chance to prove myself useful

*Forgot the site http://www.westcoasthotrods.com/index.html (http://www.westcoasthotrods.com/index.html)

ProlowtoneDec 18, 2011, 7:04 am · #220

I think the ca20's head is almost at its limit :S. My repair on the rear of the head is still miraculously working perfectly with my home made fix for the water jackets! but the front of the head is starting to succumb to the fatigue i had noticed around cylinder one valves.. I cleaned the spark plugs and noticed they were heavily covered in burnt oil (Explains why the car is starting to smoke again) :( I dono if im going to build up my DET right now... all it really needs is a turbo and bearings before it goes in, so much for my plans T_T

ProlowtoneDec 29, 2011, 4:35 pm · #221

DET Parts are ordered :D Total came out to $2,404.82 CAD or $2357.90 USD.  Cant wait for it to get here :D

Jeremy ADec 30, 2011, 1:03 am · #222

SICK!  What parts did you get man?  And through which shop?

ProlowtoneDec 30, 2011, 1:27 am · #223

lol I bought it through FRsport.com. They were pretty good to buy from, I price matched the shit out of them and they accepted everything but my Forged pistons, In which they apologized and said they could not compete and offered only $8 away of my request :)

1    Genuine OEM Nissan CA18DET Front Timing Cover Oil Pump
Item #: 15010-35F01    $134.99

1    Gates T41187 PowerGrip Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley CA18DET
Item #: T41187    $30.95

1    Greddy 13524502 Extreme Timing Belt Nissan CA18DET
Item #: 13524502    $117.20

1    CP Forged Custom Aluminum Piston Kit Nissan CA18DET 83.0MM 9.0:1 CR
Item #: SCXXXX    $595.00

1    ACL 4B1630H/X Race Engine Rod Bearing Set Nissan CA18DET
Item #: CA18DET    $45.95

1    ACL 5M1633H/X Race Engine Main Bearing Set Nissan CA18DET
Item #: CA18MAIN    $94.95

1    Gates T42104 PowerGrip Timing Belt Idler Pulley CA18DET
Item #: T42104    $62.95

1    Pauter NIS-200-480-1330F 4340 Billet Forged Connecting Rods CA18DE(T)
Item #: NIS-200-480-1330F    $792.00

1    FRS ARP Head Studs + Cometic Head Gasket CA18DET Combo
Item #: Head-Studs-Gasket-CA18    $204.95

1    B&M 45088 Short Shifter for 1989-1998 Nissan 240SX S13/S14
Item #: 45088    $208.50

Subtotal:    $2284.62
Shipping:    $73.28
Grand Total:    $2357.90


Post Merge: [time]02:19:46 AM / 30-Dec-11 [/time]

I think they accepted most of my price matches because now stuff i bought is on sale for cheeper not even 10 hours later :( I sent an email seeing if i will get refunded the price difference since it was so close to my order time, browsed their legal return, Price matching and refund polices but nothing was mentioned about it. No one is there and my order wont be taken till the 3rd because of the holidays, But they are pretty on top of their emails :) I hope they will accept it cause i could use the extra money right now..
vegasS12Dec 30, 2011, 11:20 am · #224

i love FRsport i got pretty much everything from them except all my internals for mr SR. awesome discounts and customer service plus shipping time is fast.

ProlowtoneJan 2, 2012, 4:21 pm · #225
Prolowtone on 01:27:08 AM / 30-Dec-11
stuff i bought is on sale for cheeper not even 10 hours later :( I sent an email seeing if i will get refunded the price difference since it was so close to my order time, browsed their legal return, Price matching and refund polices but nothing was mentioned about it. No one is there and my order wont be taken till the 3rd because of the holidays, But they are pretty on top of their emails :) I hope they will accept it cause i could use the extra money right now..

I just got an E-mail with the new prices! So happy right now :D. FRsport will definitely be getting more orders from me in the future

1    Head-Studs-Gasket-CA18    FRS ARP Head Studs + Cometic Head Gasket CA18DET Combo    $204.95
 
1    45088    B&M 45088 Short Shifter for 1989-1998 Nissan 240SX S13/S14    $202.05
 
1    NIS-200-480-1330F    Pauter NIS-200-480-1330F 4340 Billet Forged Connecting Rods CA18DE(T)    $709.00
 
1    T42104    Gates T42104 PowerGrip Timing Belt Idler Pulley CA18DET    $59.17
 
1    CA18MAIN    ACL 5M1633H/X Race Engine Main Bearing Set Nissan CA18DET
Oil Clearance Type: Standard
Bearing Size: Standard
   $94.95
 
1    CA18DET    ACL 4B1630H/X Race Engine Rod Bearing Set Nissan CA18DET
Oil Clearance Type: Standard
Bearing Size: Standard
   $45.95
 
1    SCXXXX    CP Forged Custom Aluminum Piston Kit Nissan CA18DET 83.0MM 9.0:1 CR    $595.00
 
1    13524502    Greddy 13524502 Extreme Timing Belt Nissan CA18DET    $117.20
 
1    15010-35F01    Genuine OEM Nissan CA18DET Front Timing Cover Oil Pump    $134.99
 
1    T41187    Gates T41187 PowerGrip Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley CA18DET    $29.09
 
Item subtotal:      $2192.35
Shipping cost:      $75.96
Order Total:      $2268.31

"Hello Jonathan,
I have went ahead and discounted the rods, timing belt tensioner, timing pulley, and the short shifter. Your new total is $2268.31, if you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Sincerely,
[email removed]"

Edit** I was informed by Indy that i already have a Nismo FPR installed on my motor, Guess ill hang onto my Aeromotive FPR for a spare. Might also be getting another ECU and other odds and ends :...
ProlowtoneJan 4, 2012, 2:48 pm · #226

Fuck :( I dont think my turbo will fit if i keep it as a bottom mount

Going to be super tight, Might chop the manifold a bit in to sections pull it out and stitch i back up for the extra tuck to clear the engine mount and the fender...We will see as i got to put it in. I look the look of having it bottom mount instead of top mount.
(http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6524/img0243qm.jpg)

Gonna be facking tight
(http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/209/img0246fh.jpg)
(http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/8766/img0247bl.jpg)

I_heart_VVLJan 4, 2012, 5:00 pm · #227

bottom mounted T3's are so sick. please keep it that way!!  :D

ProlowtoneJan 4, 2012, 5:03 pm · #228

Im trying to, Test fitting it in the car will be the only time i will truly be able to make adjustments with a engine hoist and a welder :D

BattleFairyJan 5, 2012, 3:35 am · #229
I_heart_VVL on 05:00:47 PM / 04-Jan-12bottom mounted T3's are so sick. please keep it that way!!  :D

why? lol my RB comes stock like that :-P
I_heart_VVLJan 5, 2012, 11:10 am · #230
BattleFairy on 03:35:35 AM / 05-Jan-12why? lol my RB comes stock like that :-P
haha i dunno why, it just looks better to me :P
Didnt RBs come with T28s??
BattleFairyJan 5, 2012, 4:30 pm · #231

nope
sr20´s come with t28s

bigboys play with T3 and Higher
i tray to put my hands on a GT32 MUHAHAHA

ViksonfireJan 5, 2012, 4:58 pm · #232

my sr20 came with a t25 :(

vegasS12Jan 5, 2012, 5:00 pm · #233

congrats on getting an even lower price on parts. keep up the progress.
i prefer the look of top mount's!
heres mine's for shits and giggles :D
 (http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/248/l9e02792e57974d6faa9850.jpg) (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/l9e02792e57974d6faa9850.jpg/)

ProlowtoneJan 18, 2012, 5:33 am · #234

Car is pretty good in the snow. Even drove down roads that i watched people crash on in 4X4 trucks and cars :P People and their summer tires. There are a ton of warnings around my area the last 4 or 5 days, been snowing constantly in some towns.. 2 semis and multiple cars have flipped or gone into the ditch the last 2 days near here :S If i was in Alberta i would not be surprised at all, But in my 7 or so years of being here it is the worst and people dont know how to handle it LOL. it has been -10 or so degrees Celsius and it only getting worse Hahahha. Alot of schools are closed police are warning people to stay off the highways unless need be. Im LOVING it

Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford
8:42 PM PST Tuesday 17 January 2012
Blowing snow warning for
Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford issued

Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford
8:42 PM PST Tuesday 17 January 2012
Arctic outflow warning for
Fraser Valley - west including Abbotsford continued

Heavy blowing snow developing over parts of the Lower Fraser Valley lowering visibilities down to 500 metres at times Wednesday morning.

This is a warning that an extended period of blowing snow with poor visibilities is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An Arctic ridge of high pressure building across the British Columbia interior is producing strong outflow winds through coastal valleys and inlets. The strong outflow winds in combination with the cold temperatures are producing wind chill values near minus 20 degrees or below to the northern and central BC coasts.

An Arctic ridge of high pressure building across the British Columbia interior is producing strong outflow winds through coastal valleys and inlets. The strong outflow winds in combination with the cold temperatures are producing wind chill values near minus 20 degrees or below to the northern and central BC coasts.

The Eastern Fraser Valley is already experiencing frigid temperatures, strong outflow winds and local blowing snow all leading to treacherous conditions. These conditions are forecast worsen tonight and Wednesday morning as the Arctic front pushes towards the coast and some snowfall gets thrown into the mix. Temperatures well below freezing and increasing outflow winds will also create wind chill values minus 20 and below through the Fraser Valley, over the southeastern portions of Greater Vancouver as well as the Whistler and Howe Sound regions. The worst and coldest conditions are expected to be Wednesday morning with a moderating trend beginning Wednesday afternoon. Please follow the latest forecasts and warnings at WWW.WEATHEROFFICE.GC.CA Road conditions can be monitored at WWW.DRIVEBC.CA.
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc40 (http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc40)

Not my photos, Original posts here http://www.revscene.net/forums/630604-snow-111.html (http://www.revscene.net/forums/630604-snow-111.html)
Highways
(http://i.imgur.com/Y429i.jpg)
(http://forums.weathercity.com/images/user/l/j0429268.jpg)
(http://forums.weathercity.com/images/user/l/j58a0592.jpg)


Post Merge: [time]06:55:44 PM / 18-Jan-12 [/time]
Some places are now reporting -35 to -45 :D
ProlowtoneJan 22, 2012, 8:18 pm · #235

Its warm and rainy again... Trying to get into my garage to fix some stuff...

Colonel GustardJan 22, 2012, 11:31 pm · #236

you mad bro?

sideways_s12Jan 23, 2012, 12:34 am · #237

Somebody has an Iphone lol

ProlowtoneJan 23, 2012, 12:58 am · #238

I do have an 3G Iphone 8 gig and a 64 gig Ipod touch.. This was recorded on my gopro They suck ass at night but are awesome in the day


Post Merge: 10:19:46 PM / 23-Jan-12
:( Found why it is so hard to keep the rear hatch window defogged...

I have a gap almost spanning the entire width of the fucking rear :(... I dono what to do... I need sheet metal and a welder now but i dont even have a place to plug one in....

Could just bondo it for now but....
ProlowtoneJan 26, 2012, 7:01 am · #239

I feel like shit! Fuck automotive cancer and food poisoning, Quick update....
(http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400022_10150632680473993_700258992_11011294_1098751967_n.jpg)
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/423642_10150632680753993_700258992_11011298_289373345_n.jpg)
(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/419247_10150632680978993_700258992_11011303_551276824_n.jpg)
(http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/403026_10150632681253993_18570536_n.jpg)
(http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/407812_10150632681758993_700258992_11011315_1237964679_n.jpg)
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/429789_10150632681848993_700258992_11011316_1038500425_n.jpg)

sideways_s12Jan 27, 2012, 12:17 am · #240

nice fix I would of welded it tho but you make due with what ya got right.....

ProlowtoneJan 27, 2012, 12:54 am · #241

I was going to weld it... But i had plans sprung on me for today..... by the time i finished putting the car back together i had 2 1/2 hours of sleep

D-sport S12Jan 27, 2012, 8:46 pm · #242

finish that CA18 and put it in already :p

D-sport S12Jan 29, 2012, 6:29 pm · #243

Gayness, what pistons did you get?

ProlowtoneJan 30, 2012, 1:05 am · #244

CP Forged Custom Aluminum Piston Kit

Jeremy AJan 30, 2012, 1:34 am · #245

I see you went with standard bore pistons,  are these engines generally fine in terms of clearances/not having to be re-bored? 

And I also see you went with the ACL bearings,  on NICO there are hit and miss reviews about em,  you think they'll be fine?

D-sport S12Jan 30, 2012, 1:42 pm · #246
Jeremy A on 01:34:05 AM / 30-Jan-12I see you went with standard bore pistons,  are these engines generally fine in terms of clearances/not having to be re-bored? 

And I also see you went with the ACL bearings,  on NICO there are hit and miss reviews about em,  you think they'll be fine?

You would want to check your cylinders and see if they are out of round, then determine if it needs a overbore.
You would want to hone anyways.
I'm running acl s in my Sr, mean while I haven't really had it running yet.
I also know a few people running ACL s as well and there are no complaints, and hey beat on there cars
ProlowtoneJan 31, 2012, 7:00 am · #247

.... You think i would be dumb enough to order a shit ton of parts and not know what i need? LOL

My motor is in really good shape as i already had it apart, All it needs is new bearings but i said fuck it and decided to redo some extra shit while i am at it so i dont have to pull the whole motor out and apart once i feel like making more horse power. im going to give the cylinders a quick hone with a drill just to help the new rings seat properly, Always a good idea IMO. I have never herd anything bad about ACL bearings, I have actually gone to quite a few shops and they recommended them over clevites which are softer.

In other news, I have been super fucking busy this week with peoples cars. dkdsilver got his MK2 s12 from a former member youthanasia, Car is in pretty good shape. We did a quick oil change before driving the car home, Not bad for sitting for 5 years :)

We went out for a drive to burn off the old gas 2 days later and a Chevy 2500 got cut off and crashed into barrier directly in front of us but both our cars came out uninjured, Tho i almost spun out as we were going around a corner as it started to rain when this happened :S Damn my skinny winter tires. After talking with the police the let us go and we took the car to my place for new filters, rad flush, thermostat and temp sensor. Going to maybe pick him up a new fender today at the yard if it in good shape.

(http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/2880/img0451pb.jpg)
(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/854/img0452jh.jpg)
(http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/4281/img0454h.jpg)
(http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1453/img0461fs.jpg)
(http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1830/img0462ke.jpg)
(http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4561/img3223t.jpg)

Jeremy AJan 31, 2012, 2:35 pm · #248
Prolowtone on 07:00:33 AM / 31-Jan-12.... You think i would be dumb enough to order a shit ton of parts and not know what i need? LOL


Dude!  Nobody thinks anything like that at all man!  I was asking a general question about the CA18DET,  and D-Sport was just answering me,  not telling you what to do.  S'all good!

And about the ACL bearings,  I wasn't just randomly spouting unverified nonsense.  Boost_Boy,  who is a mod on the NICO CA18DET forum,  who from what I understand is like THE CA18DET guru,  advises people not to use ACL bearings due to the amount of failures in the CA in recent years.  Here's just a very recent example, 
http://forums.nicoclub.com/knocking-at-230-miles-after-rebuild-t549696.html

I was just wondering if you had heard about this,  or had an opinion about 'em,  and it seems that the shops said they'd work fine.  So I bet they will!  I'm just passing some info around,  that's all.

As usual,  keep up the progress!  Love this build  :yay!:
ProlowtoneFeb 1, 2012, 12:47 am · #249

Lol there was no anger in there i just found it funny that it sounded like i didnt know what parts i needed hahahaha. Sorry if i came off as angry dude.. damn Internets and misleading text. Its been a long week, I just quickly typed up the info that i had come across. I had checked out info and read many builds over a few months of not having anything else to do. Ill check it out but i have herd people say bad thing about both clevites and ACL but im guessing that it had to do with the way everything was installed (Use of assembly lube or dry start, Polished crank or out of round ETC). Thanks for the info anyways. I might have something nice for my car later... we will see.

Thanks,
Jonathan

ProlowtoneFeb 14, 2012, 9:43 pm · #250

Update!!! HAHAHA Took SOOOOOOOO long to get my parts but i am happy right now to have a nice stack of New parts in my room  :yay!:
(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2658/img0506po.jpg)
(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2784/img0508wk.jpg)
(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9140/img0509hs.jpg)
(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7370/img0510fv.jpg)
(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4708/img0511av.jpg)
(http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/4539/img0512gz.jpg)
27lbs Tease

(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4948/img0513jo.jpg)
(http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8509/img0516rj.jpg)