its missing something though........ i know pedobear sticker!!!
Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects
Lost Attraction
Hahaha I look for one ;)
On other news. Just bought a single injector. I think cylinder one injector was shot long before it cracked. I Chased all my vacuum lines by ear, by misting and hosing down my motor. I unplugged the injector on cylinder one and there was no change to my motor. I unplugged # 4 and it was almost dieing. Unplug 2 or 3 and the rpms just drop. Going to try to get my rims on tonight and check the brakes:)
On other news I found what I believe to be the only pic of my favorite childhood car. My dads olds 442. I use to take for sale signs out of the window after school and tell him he is not selling that car on me.
(http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5745/scan10004uc2.jpg) (http://img522.imageshack.us/i/scan10004uc2.jpg/)
^Sorry about the crappy pic quality but its a photocopy of the pic. and no thats not a crack in the fender, Just crap stuck to the pic that would not come off. Had a T-bar roof, no rust anywhere on the car, motor was strong and painted nicely. won many car shows with it.
MY CAR! ITS FIXED!!!. Redid timing, got pissed off took out the new injector after confirming everything else was working. The new injector was stuck closed, i had pushed on the little piece in the hole and it clicked. I reinstalled it and the car runs damn near perfect! Checked my compression again, now it has been timed right, Cy1 170 Cy2 174ish Cy3 179 Cy4 179. Blowing a bit of smoke but i thinks its just build up in cylinder 1 from it not firing. I plan on sea-foaming the whole damn motor hahaha gonna be pretty bad from running on 3 cylinders this whole time. I also broke something.. or it was already broke. It a little cylindrical piece with a vacuum line coming from the intake and another that i was not in a hurry to chase, It has an electrical connector at the top by the cylinder 1 area of the fuel rail. Try to find a pic or the name in my FSM
WTF thought i put up new pics
Updates
(http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1700/0208011938a.jpg) (http://img40.imageshack.us/i/0208011938a.jpg/)
(http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5410/0209011821.jpg) (http://img717.imageshack.us/i/0209011821.jpg/)
(http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5243/0209011822.jpg) (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/0209011822.jpg/)
(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2826/0210010927b.jpg) (http://img833.imageshack.us/i/0210010927b.jpg/)
(http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3770/0210010927a.jpg) (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/0210010927a.jpg/)
Looks sexy!
(http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6105/0210010927.jpg) (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/0210010927.jpg/)
(http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1594/0210010926.jpg) (http://img137.imageshack.us/i/0210010926.jpg/)
dangg , looking good! now you need to reduce that wheel gap a little and youre set
FUCK found a 240 for $300 Quote:"89 red 240sx shell for sale. it is a coupe, not the hatch back. it still has engine and transmission intact. no fotos but u r more than welcome to take a look in person. i will be avalible on thurs and fri night." I cant wait to move out of this town home, that way I can have another vehicle to dd or track till my 69 chevy blazer gets here
Post Merge: [time]03:54:40 PM / 13-Feb-11 [/time]
http://www.performance-auction.com/parts/component/bids/viewbids/23/nissan-silvia-200sx-s12-84-87-bc-racing-coilover-kit.html.html
Sounds intresting
FUCKING STOKED! I GOTS ME A MOTOR, CA18DET! Previous offer was rejected cause i had no money and lowballed, but it seems like i am on my way now :) Its 4:25am and i cant sleep hahahaha
Congrats on the motar! Quick question, do you live/work at a zoo? What lives in those cages I see behind your car... please say monkeys!!
Thanks! LMAO nope, good guess tho, those are my friends dads birds. he has 5 Fantail King pigeons, 2 regular normal king pigeons, 3 peacocks, a few turkeys, alot of chickens, pheasants, a box of budgies, use to have a bunch of rabbits to. there are alot more birds i just dont have a clue about
Valve stem seals are toast on my ca20, Made it official today. Topped up the oil, started smoking like it was a full on fire, Going to have to run sea foam through my motor after i do the valve stems seals. Going to make this motor pass air care, then i will have 2 years to make my CA!8D run the way i want! but after air care, I am going to run this ca20 hard, I want to pop its cherry and make it bleed all over the asphalt!
On other news i am super interested in this, but holly crap is it big http://www.revscene.net/forums/fs-remus-universal-t637119.html
Did my front brakes tonight, using parts from my 2 sets my front rotors are like new to, now my car is closer to being great. Going to maybe get new rears calipers tomorrow, all my pads are beefy so now i know i have a full set of spares from the calipers Peppper sent me. I then took my car out for my first drive, i loved it! Damn valve stems lol, they will be in on monday. I think i will do the head gasket while i am at it, also clean the valve seats the best i can. Just needs to pass aircare!
Was a good night.... GO GO GADGET SMOKESCREEN! and everything around my car disappears into the night XD.
Oh and some guy that owns a 200 out in that area cut the motor mounts, all the hoses, all the harness, even the fuel lines on both the top and bottom of the fuel filter...., and pulled the motor. all they did was take the fly wheel and clutch and left the motor on the ground beside the car and picked up and threw the tranny on the power steering rack..... they did much more work and more damage then necessary, I want those parts, but stupid ass kids just dont care about anything, just piss's me off. can back that up to. at least 95% of the people i am friends with are older then me, even girlfriends.
all i really came for was the plate from the tranny and the motor. but took the rest as precaution if any thing was messed. if you wanted me to be more gentle you should have just told me and i would have spent the time.
Never scene or herd you cut anything or i would have started taking crap off for you and your friend. I went to grab wires for the tach and speedo cable to see it was all chopped. I can understand about grabbing parts or being rushed, but some stuff the power steering line (i wanted for my friends car) costs $560 new (so i was quoted). Not to mention that there are not many parts left for our cars, but to find out that all the good stuff was destroyed for what seemed like no reason, would have saved time and effort to drop the tranny. If you had taken the motor i wouldn't have said a thing as it is a large hassle to take off all that crap off. but to come back a a few days, and a few weeks after to see the motor still there did not help my thoughts.
I will admit i was a little out of place to say most of it but hey, thats happens when people are pissed, Sorry. I did manage however to find some of that stuff online and at ralphs, but ralphs love to rape you up the ass and not even have the courtesy to dry you off in the end. :P
lookin good bro
how bout some more pics of Kelsie? Shes a cute one. I like how her pants are unzipped in the first pic. Dont lie. We kno what you were doin while layin on that civic hood ;)
Thanks! Hahahaha, I may be sly but that aint my fly. She is my best friends girl. He is living 13 hours away right now but is suppose to be moving back soon
Thought i would do a little update. Received my parts from blainer, Thanks man!
255LPH walbro
(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7963/img0030py.jpg) (http://img841.imageshack.us/i/img0030py.jpg/)
Aeromotive FPR
(http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9782/img0039iw.jpg) (http://img19.imageshack.us/i/img0039iw.jpg/)
Motor should be coming Very soon :D
Post Merge: [time]02:38:22 PM / 25-Feb-11 [/time]
Spending time in the US today. In Seattle and around Bremerton.
MOTOR IS GOOD TO GO, need to pick it up this week! I was going to post when i got it but i am excited :)
sweet
My new CA!8DET purchased from Club veteran Indecisive, Nice guy :D
(http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7475/img0174.jpg) (http://img853.imageshack.us/i/img0174.jpg/)
(http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/985/img0175jc.jpg) (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/img0175jc.jpg/)
(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5052/img0176vmi.jpg) (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/img0176vmi.jpg/)
(http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3787/img0183mo.jpg) (http://img222.imageshack.us/i/img0183mo.jpg/)
(http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7624/img0184d.jpg) (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/img0184d.jpg/)
(http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2600/img0185cg.jpg) (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/img0185cg.jpg/)
HKS mushroom filter with MAF attached on the back
Blitz boost controller in new condition
(http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5959/0302012036.jpg) (http://img545.imageshack.us/i/0302012036.jpg/)
S13 shifter and CA18DET ECU
(http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5959/0302012036.jpg) (http://img545.imageshack.us/i/0302012036.jpg/)
Some other scores tonight
Freebies
(http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2444/img0189tb.jpg) (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/img0189tb.jpg/)
Part of my turbo kit i bought awhile ago
(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4999/img0186tv.jpg) (http://img143.imageshack.us/i/img0186tv.jpg/)
12"JBL GTO alpine amp and digital capasitor
(http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2449/img0187k.jpg) (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/img0187k.jpg/)
(http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9476/img0188oo.jpg) (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/img0188oo.jpg/)
is that a? when did? aaaawwwwww shiiiitttt soonnnn! that looks like powar!
:P Stuff just got hot n bothered up in here
Post Merge: 01:41:45 AM / 03-Mar-11
Oh and to all of you people who are going to tell me to lower my car, Look at how close my friends new 2011 Ford ranger FX4 is to scraping my floor.... and i dono how i feel about pulling ramps out every time i need in or out of my garage...
Nice,those wheels only2? or set of 4? i like em lol
My friend has the other 2. We call them pizza cutters because they are skinny :)
yea i noticed that lol still like em tho idk y ?
Hmm, Quick update
Trying to come up with ways to mount all this stuff. Also got a boost gauge that my friend needs to drop off. I am thinking of making a custom piece out of either the plastic body or a mold
(http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7613/img0190ie.jpg) (http://img577.imageshack.us/i/img0190ie.jpg/)
bit of sanding to help new gasket maker seal well
(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5636/img0206m.jpg) (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/img0206m.jpg/)
nice looking cams
(http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3650/img0213zb.jpg) (http://img715.imageshack.us/i/img0213zb.jpg/)
(http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5145/img0214m.jpg) (http://img171.imageshack.us/i/img0214m.jpg/)
After taking off the wrapping i found a little plate, so i sanded it, XSPOWER Proven Performance Parts. Now i no longer thing that this is the stock exhaust mani. Now to decide what one to use
(http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2632/img0198zy.jpg) (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/img0198zy.jpg/)
(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/812/img0201i.jpg) (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/img0201i.jpg/)
Now WTF is that gold attachment next to my motor mount for? Oil feed line for the turbo perhaps?
(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5449/img0217.jpg) (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/img0217.jpg/)
Sick finally went through you're whole thread. Looks really good man.
Project has come to a Dead stop.
What happened?
Looking up parts while i can..
I dont need/not sure if it would work, but its interesting http://cgi.ebay.ca/COSMO-Racing-Short-shifter-Silvia-180SX-200SX-240SX-88-/330536586987?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf5840eeb
Also going to get a total z31 bushing kit
I need one of those bushing kits too. I think we all do lol.
Yeah. My car feels tight in corners other then the fuged up front struts. It takes speed bumps at 60k like a damn linkin town car (Giant pillow) hahaha. I just hope it will help keep the car nice and tight
Post Merge: [time]01:13:35 PM / 09-Mar-11 [/time]
:( Still cant work on the motor or my car again today fml. Might have to see a doctor today :rip:
While i cant do anything else i labeled each wires pin location for my mega squirt loom
Redid my timing as i had rushed it last time and have messed around with some stuff and fixed a vac leak on my car since. Re-soldered a wire, labeled what pin is what on my mega squirt loom.
Cleaned up some of the gunk off of my CA18DET and B trans
(http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9296/0306010721a.jpg) (http://img851.imageshack.us/i/0306010721a.jpg/)
Also bought a 1/2" Husky Pro torque wrench. 20-250ft.lbs looks good and feels good
lol wheel is back to normal. Bought a angle grinder with 3 year warranty for $20 on sale from $89, Sheets of cork and rubber gasket maker and i also have 2 types of gasket maker kickin around here. Might get a motor stand and some plasti gauge tomorrow
Car is home. Starting on the valve stem seals tonight, have the new seals, head gasket, bit of fine sand paper to clean up the valve seats, seafoam, oil, oil filter.
Came up with project name that suits my car and many other 200's for how they have been overlooked by the car scene and mistreated by many of the old owners.
Pics from my first night driving with the amazing ca20e, sorry if some are really dark..... (Car handles freaking good with my tires and sloppy rotted bushings)
(http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9417/img0037ig.jpg) (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/img0037ig.jpg/)
(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5626/img0035ed.jpg) (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0035ed.jpg/)
(http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3056/img0032ow.jpg) (http://img42.imageshack.us/i/img0032ow.jpg/)
(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/521/img0030mx.jpg) (http://img196.imageshack.us/i/img0030mx.jpg/)
(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6148/img0027hh.jpg) (http://img51.imageshack.us/i/img0027hh.jpg/)
(http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/2097/img0026o.jpg) (http://img860.imageshack.us/i/img0026o.jpg/)
(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1201/img0023r.jpg) (http://img827.imageshack.us/i/img0023r.jpg/)
(http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1979/img0021y.jpg) (http://img862.imageshack.us/i/img0021y.jpg/)
(http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4657/img0018jd.jpg) (http://img51.imageshack.us/i/img0018jd.jpg/)
(http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7714/img0017unt.jpg) (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/img0017unt.jpg/)
(http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/343/img0039d.jpg) (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/img0039d.jpg/)
My version of smokey and the bandit involves every time i drive my car
(http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/4194/img0016p.jpg) (http://img859.imageshack.us/i/img0016p.jpg/)
Yes my tint is as dark as it looks... I cant see my permit
(http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/941/img0006zf.jpg) (http://img577.imageshack.us/i/img0006zf.jpg/)
Pulled the head to do the valve seals. They were so bad on the exhaust side they were moving up and down with the pistons. It is also very good i am planning to swap the motor.
(http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3622/img0070sf.jpg) (http://img204.imageshack.us/i/img0070sf.jpg/)
(http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/104/img0081i.jpg) (http://img863.imageshack.us/i/img0081i.jpg/)
(http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1823/img0086vh.jpg) (http://img263.imageshack.us/i/img0086vh.jpg/)
(http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/2081/img0087y.jpg) (http://img860.imageshack.us/i/img0087y.jpg/)
(http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2292/img0092nf.jpg) (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0092nf.jpg/)
(http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7520/img0115b.jpg) (http://img607.imageshack.us/i/img0115b.jpg/)
(http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2417/img0117ju.jpg) (http://img845.imageshack.us/i/img0117ju.jpg/)
Hope it lasts for air care. I dont like those water jackets.
damn holy shit those water jackets do look like shit! lookes like acid or something ate at it like rust would to metal
Thats what happens when people use mixtures involving high antifreeze with little water
Been sick the last few days, car is back together. Need to fix the motor ground for the fuel pump and dash lights, car starts to fire up but then the vibrations knock off the ground and she dies. Ill solve that after supper
EDIT* IT LIVES :P it has a slight miss like before but i will figure it out. was hoping to get more done today but ohwell. im going to play around with my MK2 lights and the new wheel. To late to keep running the car....stupid townhomes
Bored, Cant sleep.. I was thinking about the turbo set up for my ca18det swap and remembered that i have no place on the manifold for the external wastegate. Came across a little adapter that i was thinking about making, funny how that works.
(http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8099/t3t303.jpg) (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/t3t303.jpg/)
Now to find out what size i need..... HOPE to get the damn info about this blown turbo i bought from a *Friend*. Kinda pissed that i always help him but i turn around to be stranded. Almost thinking of selling the remains of this crap to buy something better...
Edit* I'm mad very mad, water in oil. Doing a comPression test. Sad thing about the 20e is that it is almost as easy to remove the head as opposed to the intake!!
I am JB welding the the f@*#ing water jackets that are rotted. custom cut gasket for the intake and i am going to put a bit of high temp red gasket maker around the water jackets :) I bought a 12 pack of beer. Now its time to finish pulling the last 2 hoses, head bolts, and belts
Whats wrong here? It caused cylinder 3 to be a 3rd full of water. If it was not for that i think i could have made the trip down for that meet today
(http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/237/img0195md.jpg) (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/img0195md.jpg/)
No leaks around the exterior of the head tho, so thats all good.
(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/328/img0198ca.jpg) (http://img823.imageshack.us/i/img0198ca.jpg/)
(http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8794/img0199hc.jpg) (http://img841.imageshack.us/i/img0199hc.jpg/)
even tho napa did not do the work i am getting a warranty so they are replacing the oil and head gasket. Might be in from Calgary by Wednesday
Test fit. Thinking of bracing for the lip, and colors for the kit
(http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5681/img0267z.jpg) (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/img0267z.jpg/)
(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2355/img0253ay.jpg) (http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img0253ay.jpg/)
(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1310/img0254qw.jpg) (http://img856.imageshack.us/i/img0254qw.jpg/)
(http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/8090/img0265k.jpg) (http://img811.imageshack.us/i/img0265k.jpg/)
(http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5193/img0266g.jpg) (http://img607.imageshack.us/i/img0266g.jpg/)
My comp just got a fucking Trojan and I can't access any web pages. Can't do my online courses little lone quick easy research. Stuck with my 64 gig iPod for now. :( I need to buy some new software and reformat my comp
And WTF is with all the damn turbo hoods popping up so suddenly and so far away? Makes me want to cry
Using a comp made out of the spare parts and a spare tower from all the crap in the garage lol, works pretty good to since it is so quick. transferring my old hard drive files to this comp later after i try to get rid of the trojan.
My replacement head gasket should be in today, i hope since i it was suppose to be in yesterday :(. If it does not get here i think i am going to pop off my fenders and check for rust and take protective measures. Maybe jack the rear up and play with the rear brakes since i have only serviced the fronts. Also looking for a Quaife diff (I know, good luck). seen my end of the month funds......... I should go send off my tax return soon, getting to low on my bank account for what i like. cant wait till the end of May when i can legally sell my house in Nova Scotia
I was looking at that adapter for the wastegate just now, and I was wondering if that would make it so the turbo didn't clear the steering column.... just something I thought I'd share.
Might be easier to just drill and weld on a flange on the manifold. If you can't do it, a shop prolly can for like 50-75 bux.
Yeah. I was thinking about all the clearances with the fender, steering parts and room for my exhaust to bolt up. Thanks for the input tho, I might just have to take it to one of my friends shops and give them an energy drink or 2 and have them drill and weld it.
There you go :thumbsup:
Which manifold are you going with? Pics?
I have 2 exhaust manifolds. I have to chop either an weld on a larger flange in order for my turbo to bolt onto it. I am thinking of sticking with the XSPOWER one thats already on there as the pipes all seem to be equal length and it also seems to keep it a bit farther from the steering column.
(http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/812/img0201i.jpg) (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/img0201i.jpg/)
(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5636/img0206m.jpg) (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/img0206m.jpg/)
Yeah I have an XS Power manifold for my KA-DE, and it's legit... they use the better grade stainless, the welds are machine-welded, and they have the additional support parts on the flange welds for added strength. You should stick with that one, I agree.
You can weld the stick of 1" tubing right where the junction is above the flange, and below those hose clamps, as seen on the second to last photo. Just don't go with a BIG external gate, even the smaller ones should be plenty. Any need for something more would mean this tubular manifold would crack and break anyways.
I was was thinking of going and putting the hole right where that little plate is on the first photo. I NEVER thought of using the large exposed area on the backside lol. And the Exturnal waste gate hole is not very big so i think i should be fine, already have the flange for it now that i think of it. Thanks!
*forgot to say i am mad, First head gasket is faulty. now my second one has disappeared of the face of the earth and they can not find my paperwork! was told it would be in Tuesday, Wednesday, THURSDAY! and now i find out that the closest place Napa can get is Ottawa :( My NAPA Rep friend is going to see if the company will just pay for one from the Nissan dealer, FML CA20 CURSE
i understand your anger
i waited a month for the pressed in coolant pipe on my car for nissan to tell me its discontinued