Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

rednucleusNov 28, 2011, 1:55 pm · #1601

Cutter - the burning grease off ther manifold was almost as nice as the prime rib bbq last night - smell of pure satisfaction!! I didn't need a tree - neighor is a vw mechanic so he had a lift and was lots of help. Keep seeing pics of your projects - what a great garage to work in - something to work for before I'm 70!
Thanks for your kind words!

EightySix200SXNov 28, 2011, 3:23 pm · #1602

nothin' but sinister plans. (those of you who know shhhh)

(http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/EightySix200SX/Clipboard01-7.jpg)

Shark808Nov 29, 2011, 4:12 am · #1603

Drove the S12 to visit nephew on the North Shore.  Checked out his new place, Turtle Bay for lunch, then watched the VANS surf contest at Sunset Beach.  No traffic or crowds after the 4-day weekend.  The S12 ran perfect!  Nephew liked the torque...  Also saw some crappy cars and whales.  Did manage a little footage for my upcoming vid.

(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/VANS.jpg)
(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Sunset8.jpg)
(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Sunset1.jpg)
MILF Mondays
(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Sunset5.jpg)

Hemifan87Nov 29, 2011, 9:47 am · #1604

took it for its 1st long drive yesterday and it drove great sep for if i go over 50 mph it starts wobbling and the faster you go the worse it gets :( any thoughts on what it could be?

night_s12Nov 29, 2011, 10:10 am · #1605

Just dropped it off at the shop :/

KevinJDMNov 29, 2011, 11:09 am · #1606
Hemifan87 on 09:47:35 AM / 29-Nov-11took it for its 1st long drive yesterday and i drove great sep one i go over 50 mph it starts wobbling and the faster you go the worse it gets :( any thoughts on what it could be? 

control arm or allignment issues?
sam31183Nov 29, 2011, 1:21 pm · #1607

one or more of your wheels needs to be re balanced.

Shark808Nov 29, 2011, 2:02 pm · #1608

Dependin on your situation.  Grab front tire and wiggle (any play)?  Swap front/rears (any difference)?  Could be wheels, tires, balance, alignment and then onto suspension...  Seems these steering racks go often.  Process of elimination.  Good Luck.

Hemifan87Nov 29, 2011, 4:27 pm · #1609

thanks for the fast responce, it drifts to the right a little and does have a crack in the right rear tire sidewall, there is also very little steering play in the wheel.  i plan on taking the wheels off soon and going over the brakes (need to adj the park brake too) i will check for wheel barring play and tierods then if all is good i may swap the tires from my versa on to the 200 to see if the problem is there.   now if it would just stop raining.

SchizophrenicMCNov 29, 2011, 4:53 pm · #1610

Tested the rubbing compound. Cuts pretty well. Just need a power buffer now. The grey's on there pretty thick in some places.

(http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/SchizophrenicMC/Nissan%20Silvia/11291647.jpg)
(http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc348/SchizophrenicMC/Nissan%20Silvia/11291647a.jpg)

ProlowtoneNov 29, 2011, 5:14 pm · #1611

Damn, You are going to need a few buffing pads LOL.

Have not been on in awhile but more progress is being made on the car. I washed and waxed it lastnight.... and its rainy today. Plus i have been running my heavy ass stock rims because they have all seasons on them.... cant wait to put my Enkie's back on

SchizophrenicMCNov 29, 2011, 5:34 pm · #1612

I've been using old socks and elbow grease.

I'm gonna need quite a few buffing pads lol

ProlowtoneNov 29, 2011, 5:59 pm · #1613

Yay im not the only one who uses old socks. I have a grocery bag full of old or single socks for cleaning crap lol.

To stay on topic i am going to clean out my interior again (steam clean and scrub then go over with Mothers), and re-rainx the windows

SchizophrenicMCNov 29, 2011, 6:11 pm · #1614

Yeah, we have a shit ton of old socks we've historically used for polishing and waxing our cars here, and now I'm using them to rip paint off. Sounds right.

As soon as my car's running, I'm gonna clean it out and clean it up. Vacuum, steam clean, re-align the fenders, bumper, grille, and lights.

Plans moving forward:
Install Altima cupholder in clock slot
Install new radio
Install second cigarette lighter
Install awesome remote system for starter, lights, and horn
Later on, remove horn control and rig up a throttle control, so I can scare onlookers by gunning the engine from afar

KevinJDMNov 29, 2011, 6:17 pm · #1615

Haha, sounds pretty sweet

SchizophrenicMCNov 29, 2011, 6:30 pm · #1616

How awesome would that be, right? Some teenagers looking at my car and suddenly the engine turns on, the lights stare angrily and it revs hard.

I think the throttle thing would be easy to control with some R/C knowings.

JayNov 29, 2011, 7:32 pm · #1617

R/C Knowings?

Done a whole lot easier using a PLC. Like an AB Pico or Micrologix 1761. Drawback to the micrologix is you would need to provide 24v to the processor...

SchizophrenicMCNov 29, 2011, 7:40 pm · #1618

Fuck, I was just gonna install an Arduino with RF receiver, connected to a digital servo on the throttle cable. Fits my skillset just fine, I have a few Arduinos lying around, and I can put all that together in about an hour, 2 tops.

MaxpowNov 30, 2011, 11:49 am · #1619

Gotta love old SOHC's

sideways_s12Dec 1, 2011, 1:50 am · #1620

found out that the t2 isn't really gonna work on the det lame because i'm going to not have a car on friday....

Jeremy ADec 1, 2011, 2:05 am · #1621

^  Were you planning on running at midnight mayhem?

EightySix200SXDec 1, 2011, 8:19 am · #1622

Daily drove her like always :)

WonderingravenDec 1, 2011, 12:37 pm · #1623

^^ second that, I've daily drove her as well :-)

I'm noticing that I'm having a hard issue with my steering tho, it wants to get stiff turning fast, when I turn slow it works fine.
I think I'm going to have to order a new power steering pump and line soon.

SchizophrenicMCDec 1, 2011, 1:38 pm · #1624

Yesterday, I spent 2 hours with a friend rubbing paint off my car. I got the top lip of the rear bumper, and that's it.

So, I'm gonna have to get a fuckin' power buffer.

Today, I clean up the garage to move Silvia into it.

sideways_s12Dec 1, 2011, 6:47 pm · #1625
Jeremy A on 02:05:58 AM / 01-Dec-11^  Were you planning on running at midnight mayhem?

No Need a running car to get back and forth to work till Kendra's dsm is done
rednucleusDec 1, 2011, 6:53 pm · #1626

Got tabs ($50 in WA) and went for 1st official drive with a silvertop. Still need a muffler so got lots of scowls from the grey hairs as I went by! Runs great so far!

SchizophrenicMCDec 1, 2011, 7:12 pm · #1627

Considered trading its engine for a somewhat-running S13. I fear where this may lead.

sideways_s12Dec 1, 2011, 7:45 pm · #1628

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slip n SlideDec 2, 2011, 12:40 pm · #1629

Slapped on a new brake master cylinder. She's back in action. :D

EightySix200SXDec 2, 2011, 4:26 pm · #1630

washed, waxed, parked n dropped......

SchizophrenicMCDec 2, 2011, 4:35 pm · #1631

Offered to sell her shell to an interested party.

EightySix200SXDec 2, 2011, 4:38 pm · #1632
Maxpow on 04:32:40 PM / 02-Dec-11Got the Spectra out of impound. Let freedom ring.

update ur signature then fool
StephenGDec 4, 2011, 9:47 pm · #1633

Rain-x'd the windows before the front blew through, then had some fun running errands in the wet. Power sliding an open-diffed ca20 that has no valve guides in the rain. Hilarity ensued.

ProlowtoneDec 4, 2011, 10:43 pm · #1634

^lol i carved some corners when it was +5 but slid around a tad bit on my way to get some of that plastic covering for engine wiring now that it -2 :D

Shark808Dec 5, 2011, 7:52 pm · #1635

Figure I'd put some miles on the BFG g-Forces, so took a spin out to the West Side and visited a friend.  Got some rays, talk story, took a couple pics, no waves, but the temps were high and got to use the S12's A/C.  Once again the knee-san performed like a champ!

(http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j479/SuperB808/Tracks.jpg)

TobbethedudeDec 9, 2011, 4:07 pm · #1636

(http://www1.garaget.org/archive/126/125457/244662/244662-2581957.jpg)

im going to do a "HOW TO REBUILD CALIPERS" later, whit z32's but it applies to all =)

sideways_s12Dec 9, 2011, 5:58 pm · #1637

still on the search for a turbo lto trade for my 60 trim.....

sam31183Dec 10, 2011, 1:19 am · #1638

I drove the piss out of it tonight sliding some on some icy roads. My right ear popped from all the ka noise me thinks...


Post Merge: 08:31:08 PM / 10-Dec-11
(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/377072_10151026842240387_695415386_22032363_1228001729_n.jpg)
(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/381380_10151026840020387_695415386_22032341_335159554_n.jpg)

and my wheels are more legit...
StephenGDec 14, 2011, 10:07 pm · #1639

Polishing faces, by hand, ftw. Right is how they were before, left is after about 5/6 hours of work. I'd say it will get another two hours or so to be where I want it, then I'll paint the sunk sections flat black.
(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z171/slgonser/before_after1.png)

ProlowtoneDec 14, 2011, 10:18 pm · #1640

Looking good.

I adjusted my headlight lids so that it looks better (More even on the right as it was a tad high compared to the hood) Cleaned some switches and put on my front winter tires now that they are balanced.

night_s12Dec 15, 2011, 1:18 am · #1641

Called her a dirty whore after finding out the cam was broken

JayDec 15, 2011, 2:22 am · #1642

I gone done pumped up her tires.
The city wasn't happy they were deflated... Fucking pricks.

KevinJDMDec 15, 2011, 3:53 pm · #1643

lol.

I changed my air filter on the Focus..woo..

Hemifan87Dec 15, 2011, 4:03 pm · #1644

I drove it up to get chinese for lunch aint had her out to much I have a clunk coming from the back when I hit any bumps so its been sitting till I can look at it.

KevinJDMDec 15, 2011, 4:05 pm · #1645

Get off the computer and go look at it! Haha =P

Hemifan87Dec 15, 2011, 4:19 pm · #1646

lol I would but its to dark now :( I know no exscuses right but I will look at it in the next few days heck maybe its related to why it sways so bad at speeds higher then 50mph lol

StephenGDec 15, 2011, 8:58 pm · #1647

Moar shiney.
(http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z171/slgonser/IMG_0539.png)

Phisherman09Dec 15, 2011, 9:30 pm · #1648

Drove it around for the first time in months. Oh how I missed the s12

EightySix200SXDec 15, 2011, 10:38 pm · #1649

3am street drifting in Downtown L.A winning!

Before you flame (like I give a shit) NO ONE/ NO CARS WERE EVEN around for the three hours i was dicking around. If you live in L.A u know what DTLA looks like from 10pm to sunrise in any district lol..... And I also had my police scanner so no fuzz.... however there were three 187s and a few 211s so that kept them busy.....

WonderingravenDec 15, 2011, 10:41 pm · #1650

nice ^^)b
When I stayed in inglewood for a few days last spring, streets were dead at 3am when I was outside chillin.

Today I scrape frost off and daily drove my s12 to work patiently waiting for saturday morning.