Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

SlickS12Nov 12, 2010, 12:15 am · #51

Accidental posting on another name.  ^^ Damn you Maxpow, sign out after posting!!!

sam31183Nov 12, 2010, 1:58 am · #52

drove to work, drove to mcdonalds for dinner...checked my oil while i waited for my mc chickens after i got parked....saw something on the dipstick that bothered me...and added some oil...going to be keeping a close eye on my oil the next couple of days....egh.

MaxpowNov 12, 2010, 4:19 pm · #53
SlickS12 on 12:15:03 AM / 12-Nov-10Accidental posting on another name.  ^^ Damn you Maxpow, sign out after posting!!!

Fuck you. I stay signed in on like 15 different networks. IP ban me while I'm somewhere other than home plz.

I just got blues exhaust for my squirl. Can't wait for tomrrow gonna swap a starter and see why drifter wont start... then its all prep for track day! Nov 21st here I come, half ready as usual.
sideways_s12Nov 13, 2010, 6:29 pm · #54

Bought a braided oil feed line so i can finally get rid of this pesky oil leak and also can put my t28bb turbo on woot!

DeezusNov 14, 2010, 1:38 am · #55

I got some sweeeeet steeckerz and started replacing all my wheel studs. Now i need a new caliper :(

backwoodsbuilderNov 15, 2010, 7:45 pm · #56

didnt do much put valve cover back on and cruise control back  and soaked hell outa plugs with pb blaster cant even budge them :/

MaxpowNov 15, 2010, 8:22 pm · #57

Went to the yard, threw 2 starters over the fence, get out of the yard and fucking security is snatching them up. I forgot to explain to my love that she needed to grab them as soon as they soared over the fence, the guy just cruised up and snatched them about 10 seconds before I could get there. Sucks. Had to shell out $80 for a reman at pepboys. Atleast now I have lifetime warranty.

Hope this makes the fucker start...

In other news, my attempts to get a helmet have also gone south they didn't have my size I guess and they fucked up so now they are offering a better helmet for 125 as opposed to the 80 I paid for a pooper before. I have about 5 days to get my car running, get this fucking helmet, and get my ass up to buttonwillow. NEED TO GET TO THIS TRACK EVENT GODDAMIT!

Phisherman09Nov 16, 2010, 12:23 am · #58

pulled the head of the ka to put into my car. was gonna reinstall the head, but i got super lazy. so ill do it tommorow.

swapped stock injectors back onto the sr car since its currently untuned. feels decent. running 10lbs. a/f ratios seem to be good. a little rich but thats okay. crazy cams sound cool at idle. then i parked it back inside to hide from the snow :reallysad:

EightySix200SXNov 16, 2010, 3:35 am · #59

Drove it to Mexico Sunday and rode around with two hot latina chicks and got rolled by border patrol when back on the us side. Today drove it to get parts for my z32.

celestialsilviaNov 16, 2010, 10:56 am · #60

added the 'roll call' of white vinyls to the drivers side quarter window = NISMO, APEX'I, NGK, AEM, & MOMO

EternalSwapNov 16, 2010, 12:55 pm · #61

dude andrew what specs of a helmet you need man? ive got a couple

MaxpowNov 17, 2010, 8:49 am · #62

sa95 or better. How big is your head?

I put a new starter on the Squirl still wont start, could bet timing.

Crashed the Weebly Wobbler. Sad. Lady fucked up.

DeezusNov 17, 2010, 11:30 am · #63

I got a new clutch line so my s12 might move under its own power for the first time in a year on friday.


Post Merge: 01:21:31 AM / 18-Nov-10
posted image

posted image

posted image
SlickS12Nov 18, 2010, 4:27 am · #64

Woke up, dirty from yesterdays work, worked some more.  Typing, still dirty, contemplating taking a shower.  Plans?  Do it all again tomorrow.

sideways_s12Nov 20, 2010, 11:40 pm · #65

finally fixed that pesky oil leak now I have to fix the damn clutch starter engagement

xxstreetbikesxxNov 20, 2010, 11:54 pm · #66

put in a stage 3 clutch, and lightweight flywheel, and upgraded my trans..

Now it smoking horribly.. thinking about driving it into the nearest lake

zastabaNov 21, 2010, 12:17 am · #67

I brushed the 8 inches of snow off my s12 today.

JonBNov 21, 2010, 12:53 am · #68

Took apart, cleaned, and inspected CVs, diff pretty much all day. I still can't find what would possibly thunk - no signs anywhere. I'm going to try to get it all back together for monday. If it continues to thunk, probably run it till somthing snaps - Then I'll know what the hell it is.

Phisherman09Nov 21, 2010, 1:18 am · #69
posted image

sup ka.

runs and drives.  still need to do some stuff. ca20 harness is still in the engine bay. knock sensor is bad. still fun to drive. . parked the vert for the winter , so its back on daily driver status
backwoodsbuilderNov 21, 2010, 3:46 pm · #70

I/am cleaning my intake  wideeyed  no and might pull rest of engine/trans idk yet thinking
 posted imageposted imageposted image

hotdoghogieNov 22, 2010, 1:55 am · #71

holy sheet!

backwoodsbuilderNov 22, 2010, 2:45 am · #72
hotdoghogie on 01:55:10 AM / 22-Nov-10holy sheet!

i know the $hit that happens when sitting 5yrs  going to just get old deep frier and boil in water lol
JonBNov 22, 2010, 3:01 am · #73
backwoodsbuilder on 02:45:03 AM / 22-Nov-10i know the $hit that happens when sitting 5yrs  going to just get old deep frier and boil in water lol

Wow! Looking like more that five years of neglect to me. If antifreeze had a part number; I bet that'd say Nissan OEM 1985. Lucky you got that apart with out snapping every bolt.
backwoodsbuilderNov 22, 2010, 5:56 am · #74
JonB on 03:01:48 AM / 22-Nov-10Wow! Looking like more that five years of neglect to me. If antifreeze had a part number; I bet that'd say Nissan OEM 1985. Lucky you got that apart with out snapping every bolt.

yea lol and actually every bolt/nut comes off good with no prob only 1 bolt snaped and that was a 10mm head off the exhust manifold shield lol,it just sat the 5 and never ran thats why i decided to pull and new belts/gaskets tune up on it
sideways_s12Nov 22, 2010, 4:32 pm · #75

I attempted to push start my car 4 times today didn't work so I just used a screw driver to to get it to fire touched the power and ground and she fired right up. I really need to get this problem fixed!


Post Merge: 04:33:41 PM / 22-Nov-10
Btw pushing starting a car at 5am in 40 degree weather is no fun
vegasS12Nov 22, 2010, 5:36 pm · #76

good ol morning excercis never hurt any one hahahahah

sideways_s12Nov 22, 2010, 8:14 pm · #77

Yeah I wouldn't mind so much but I had to be to work and pushing it 4 times and it not starting is not fun

86foreverDec 13, 2010, 6:55 am · #78

I added a high performance xmas tree lol  laugh
posted image
posted image

ProlowtoneDec 13, 2010, 7:27 am · #79

Thought about dying the interior instead of buying new stuff. Then daydreamed about the new rims and tires for my car, then about having my own garage to work on my s12 and my cherokee Sad

sam31183Dec 13, 2010, 8:32 am · #80

my assistant manager wanted to borrow my car to pick up a xmas tree even though he has a truck...i was like...you have a truck though. He thought it would be funny to see a xmas tree on top of my car though....it is actually kind of funny to see a tree on top of a notch.

ProlowtoneDec 13, 2010, 12:06 pm · #81

glad to hear no one hit it. Great now not only do they talk to us but now they run-away hahahaha

sam31183Dec 13, 2010, 1:08 pm · #82

i leave my 12 in gear...my ebrake cables arent hooked up, and even if they where they are super prone to fail....as squirelly demonstrated.

MaxpowDec 13, 2010, 5:44 pm · #83
sideways_s12 on 04:32:50 PM / 22-Nov-10I attempted to push start my car 4 times today didn't work so I just used a screw driver to to get it to fire touched the power and ground and she fired right up. I really need to get this problem fixed!

Post Merge: [time]08:33:41 AM / 22-Nov-10 [/time]
Btw pushing starting a car at 5am in 40 degree weather is no fun


Starter COIL!

Well guys I woke up at 5:30 am with 3 cops infront of my house, Squirrely drifter tried to go out and have fun on her own, ebrake failed and she rolled into the intersection and hit a gaurdrail right next to my house. I RAN out to her and drove her home in my boxers... goddamn carlsbad police guy was like "I was gonna have it towed, but since he's here" then he shined a light in my face and stated: "OH I have talked to you a few times before"

My mom immediately asked what "the heck does that mean" and I really couldn't explain it. She knows I talk shit to all the pigs in this town and they know me pretty well Sad

Gotta make sure that doesn't happen again though, the piggies said someone coming around the turn at that intersection almost hit it.
rollingstockDec 13, 2010, 6:50 pm · #84
sam31183 on 01:08:11 PM / 13-Dec-10i leave my 12 in gear...my ebrake cables arent hooked up, and even if they where they are super prone to fail....as squirelly demonstrated.

same here.. but my cables work.. they just stick
Colonel GustardDec 14, 2010, 6:02 pm · #85

holy shit andrew, something else to add to the history of the squirrel lol

MaxpowDec 14, 2010, 8:44 pm · #86

Yeah there's a little dent in the bumper and quarter panel.

EightySix200SXDec 14, 2010, 11:15 pm · #87

^ damn it rolled that far!!!! i know what gaurdrail ur talking about too. park in gear. squirrel was just slammed up against the rail for 3 hrs. damn man. is it okay? thats love man ran to her in your boxers!!

i washed her, waxed her, vacuumed her and parked her. she really hasn't been driven for a while.

backwoodsbuilderDec 15, 2010, 9:41 pm · #88

what i did today sat and looked at my s12 through the window :( i hate winter  and the worst part is having a 2 car garage but dads car getting rebuilt and no room ugh! gess nm to do but read/get info/chill on a great web site cs12 :)

R0nardDec 15, 2010, 9:55 pm · #89

hmmm, sat in it and looked up into the moon roof to see droplets of water slowly fall upon the glass. Strange how sitting in the s12 makes everything seem so amazing

xxstreetbikesxxDec 15, 2010, 10:25 pm · #90

putting a turbo in for like the 3rd time.. lol. not hard, but my oil feed is in a awkward spot, so it takes a while.

Hopefully its the last time haha.

rollingstockDec 15, 2010, 10:49 pm · #91

found out my tps is bad, and my dist. timming is off! poop!

boostedz31Dec 15, 2010, 11:27 pm · #92

I put on a new alt belt for the 4th time this month. I hate trying to diagnose ghosts.

JayDec 16, 2010, 1:26 am · #93

I buried mine.
Pictures tomorrow. maybe

EternalSwapDec 16, 2010, 1:34 am · #94

buried it? in snow?

JayDec 16, 2010, 1:34 am · #95

yup.
We got 22 total inches over the weekend. In order to get the BMW's in the garage, I had to sacrifice access to the S12 (For now)

KustamogenDec 18, 2010, 12:42 am · #96

lol I did a 100kph power slide around a corner.....that was fun!!!

backwoodsbuilderDec 25, 2010, 9:52 pm · #97

Its christmas but didnt get much and wanted to work on something 4 the s12 (can stand just looking at it)so made my own cd adapter plate for dash,its nice and snug and isnt going anywere. Debating weather or not to keep the mesh silver or paint black? its thin mesh i had laying around. Cost of This $0.00 :)

(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/1225102246a.jpg)(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/1225102246.jpg)(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/1225102245a.jpg)(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/1225102245.jpg)

ProlowtoneDec 25, 2010, 11:59 pm · #98

Looks good. I need to do something for my car. I dont have that little face plate now that i think about the parts i bought. the previous owner broke it so they screwed in a piece of wood..... I want to make something to put there, i got a deck now so it should be a little motivating..

backwoodsbuilderDec 26, 2010, 8:40 am · #99

i used a nice pice of wood  paneling its the same thickness as the black plate and works good (http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn186/mje7/1226100936.jpg)
and yea i was the same i kept looking at cd deck an had 2 do something

ArroDec 26, 2010, 10:45 am · #100

Today I fondled the RS-X, and took my laundry off the hood of my other S12.