Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

what did you do to your s12 today?!

Started by Premo · Jan 25, 2008 · 2164postsSMF 2010–26

Jeremy AApr 7, 2011, 4:12 pm · #601

Yes,  received my manual conversion parts from UPS

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/My%20S12/001.jpg)

EightySix200SXApr 8, 2011, 4:37 pm · #602

ugggh please dont use the shitty dampner box man clutch feels so much better withoiut it

VG33ERGazelle?Apr 8, 2011, 5:25 pm · #603
silverton on 04:47:20 PM / 06-Apr-11I hate when people do stuff cause it's the "in" thing.

I didn't do it cuz it was 'in', I did it because I thought it would look cool and an easy design to get done. It's not like its permanent, I could easily cut out more pieces and paint them up differently, which I'll probably do from time to time to switch it up when I feel like it. to each his own though. no beef.
Wolf DilworthApr 8, 2011, 10:37 pm · #604
Jeremy A on 02:01:28 AM / 07-Apr-11Ahhh, do you think those carriers are too shitted up,  or why would I need new ones(I assume the carrier is that dome cap)? 

IIRC the "carrier" is the bracket that the Caliper sides on and the whole assembly is bolted to the Hub assembly.
heithApr 9, 2011, 4:27 am · #605

new pads and rotors on the right side now to do the driver side and change up to a better brake fluid

JonBApr 9, 2011, 10:24 am · #606

Signed a lease for storage. My car is going to go to sleep for a good while.

sam31183Apr 9, 2011, 2:37 pm · #607

waxed it yesterday....now i am going to go spit on it. I let a friend drive it last night so he could take me to the store cuz i was drinking. It was the first time he got to drive the car...it was funny to watch.

silvertonApr 9, 2011, 3:21 pm · #608
VG33ERGazelle? on 05:25:32 PM / 08-Apr-11I didn't do it cuz it was 'in', I did it because I thought it would look cool and an easy design to get done. It's not like its permanent, I could easily cut out more pieces and paint them up differently, which I'll probably do from time to time to switch it up when I feel like it. to each his own though. no beef.

Not talkin about you!  I'm talking about showing support for ones country, but only when something disastrous happens.
heithApr 10, 2011, 3:25 am · #609

got the lower coolant pipe from a ca20e and when to push int9o my block
does not seem to fully seat in
loaded it up with jb weld and hoping for the best
fml

ProlowtoneApr 10, 2011, 6:52 am · #610

^ Hope it holds for you.

I showed the car to my best friend who is down for a visit yesterday. He was jealous of how rust free it is compared to his old 86 ET he blew up. Today i looked at it for a bit, looked at my shot heater. felt sad and got tempted to pull it and start the det swap. drank a beer sitting on the front bumper trying to get into the working mood then went and played GT5.

oh and i drove 76km to chilliwack pick a part turned around to come back back and walked along the center divider at 3am to find the roof wind visor off my friends car that took flight 2 days ago and drove 76km back to my place. was still in one piece so he is happy

lady_s12_77Apr 10, 2011, 11:00 am · #611

Spoke too soon, silly car overheating now :yelling:
When its cool outside, the car stays in the normal range.
Weather gets hot (which it has lately) it'll heat up so bad it points *right* before the 'H'.
 
Changed the clutch fan and thermostat earlier today myself; waiting to see results once the gasket glue dries.
*crosses fingers*

heithApr 10, 2011, 5:35 pm · #612

i was just at pick a part then went to Ralph's in abbostford
we found a celica gt4 with the water intercooler got it for a friends mr2 only $50
then was told i could have the coolant pipe for free
the jb weld did not really work as well as hoped
i am hoping the jb weld was stopping it for pressing in all the way and am going to place it in dry


Post Merge: 05:55:27 PM / 10-Apr-11
well after cleaning everything again the pipe just spins around in there not getting even the little bit tight
Colonel GustardApr 10, 2011, 6:27 pm · #613

washed and polished her using ICE turtle wax thingy. Silverton, if youre reading this, she actually looks red now, no more pink or orange, all red

newby200sxApr 10, 2011, 7:11 pm · #614

took her to the body shop getting prepped  for paint :)

Jeremy AApr 10, 2011, 8:42 pm · #615

^  Kick-Ass man,  what is your final vision for the paint?  And how much is the shop going to charge you for everything?

heithApr 10, 2011, 11:52 pm · #616

was putting in brake fluid and my master cylinder then failed on me
why does every break

silvertonApr 11, 2011, 1:33 am · #617
Colonel Gustard on 06:27:51 PM / 10-Apr-11washed and polished her using ICE turtle wax thingy. Silverton, if youre reading this, she actually looks red now, no more pink or orange, all red

Yay red!
MaxpowApr 11, 2011, 11:39 am · #618
heith on 11:52:31 PM / 10-Apr-11was putting in brake fluid and my master cylinder then failed on me
why does every break


Its over 20 years old. :(. I have the same problem man with my s12's everytime I fix it I break something else. At least its gradually getting better right?
roadboy240sxApr 11, 2011, 2:12 pm · #619
Maxpow on 11:39:41 AM / 11-Apr-11
Its over 20 years old. :(. I have the same problem man with my s12's everytime I fix it I break something else. At least its gradually getting better right?

same thing happens to me.  i sold my one s12 and threw the car cover back onmy other one cuz the win blew it off
KustamogenApr 12, 2011, 5:03 pm · #620

finally got the fitment I wanted...only took 2 years! Probably getting different wheels at some point this summer though lol...oh well heres how it is now!

heres the front and rear fitment now.....lol all the fenders are rolled....not one bit of rubbing!

Front clearance:
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5614658214_695182698e_b.jpg)

Rear clearance:
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5310/5614658218_af1491a491_b.jpg)

Stance from rear:
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5262/5614658222_f64b1a4212_b.jpg)

Stance from front:
(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5229/5614658226_ffcee3d67e_b.jpg)

its so wet out from the 3 feet of snow we got last week melting..... my car wont stay clean....its fairly clean in this pic though. Its suppose to snow 10cm tomorrow...bah :(.....oh well summer will be here eventually!!! These were taken ~5min before I got pulled over for my exhaust haha

silvertonApr 13, 2011, 6:00 am · #621
Kustamogen on 05:03:58 PM / 12-Apr-11my car wont stay clean

Looks nice!  I like it a lot.  and I know what you mean, I have the same problem!  I have to give my car a quick detail every couple days just so it stays white.
sam31183Apr 13, 2011, 1:45 pm · #622

soooo much rear camber!


Post Merge: 01:46:57 PM / 13-Apr-11
I went into oregon yesterday for beer and supplies. I also picked up a new low profile jack for the autox this weekend...it weighs a lot so i named it moose jack 2 back in action. My brother and I have this old jack at my dads house we call the moose jack because it weighs as much as a moose. The low profile jack though will be nice for getting the front of my car up in the air when i put the steelies/slicks on.
MaxpowApr 15, 2011, 3:07 am · #623

Got pissed at my car because I couldn't get the baby seat out of it. Out of complete frustration I pulled up my seat to find... $230 dollars in cash as well as a bank card and about 100 atm receipts..... guess using that stash over time had left some "interest" in there or something.

So happy. Never have found this much cash. The heavens just opened up for me or something. I was needing a break and a sign for a long while... this will have to do ;).

heithApr 15, 2011, 4:03 am · #624

made a tank for the water meth i am going to install this weekend

lady_s12_77Apr 15, 2011, 8:47 pm · #625

Sh*t, car acting like it needs a head gasket or something  :glarestraight:
Bubbling from the reservoir after 30mins - 40mins of driving.
Never fully hot, but right before the line on the 'H' side.
No steam or oil/water mixing *crosses fingers*.

About to change all coolant hoses (they are old) and radiator asap *CROSSES FINGERS BIG TIME*.

newby200sxApr 15, 2011, 9:06 pm · #626

Well damn i hope everything is alright ladys12

JordanApr 15, 2011, 9:14 pm · #627
Maxpow on 03:07:57 AM / 15-Apr-11Got pissed at my car because I couldn't get the baby seat out of it. Out of complete frustration I pulled up my seat to find... $230 dollars in cash as well as a bank card and about 100 atm receipts..... guess using that stash over time had left some "interest" in there or something.

So happy. Never have found this much cash. The heavens just opened up for me or something. I was needing a break and a sign for a long while... this will have to do ;).


Not many better things than finding cash! I'm heading out to replace my injectors....

Just got back in, about halfway done. Progress at least!
lady_s12_77Apr 15, 2011, 9:31 pm · #628
newby200sx on 09:06:26 PM / 15-Apr-11Well damn i hope everything is alright ladys12

I damn sure hope so too. This is a first for me as I never had it happen before; not on a CA20.
Bright side its a step closer to a KA swap I suppose...
newby200sxApr 16, 2011, 1:33 am · #629

Well damn i hope everything is alright ladys12


Post Merge: 01:34:55 AM / 16-Apr-11
Lol sorry guys new phone
sam31183Apr 17, 2011, 12:17 am · #630

I autocrossed mine today....

methylpropApr 17, 2011, 12:51 am · #631

nice^^^

I pulled my ka today from the donor S14.

JonBApr 17, 2011, 3:45 am · #632

Flatbedded it to my storage garage for a good long rest.

ProlowtoneApr 17, 2011, 2:41 pm · #633

Refreshed the 2 washer motors as they did not work, But now that i got them working i found that the spray nozzle on the driver side is broken so all the water comes out there (Path of less resistance). Im just tinkering till my parts get here, I have 3 other vehicles to fix T_T. I should get some money for all this shit i do. Prelude VTECK motor swap coming soon, along with a 20 valve Black top swap on my friends 86 corolla
and who knows what else....
(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4892/img0381gc.jpg) (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/img0381gc.jpg/)
(http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2456/img0390v.jpg) (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/img0390v.jpg/)
(http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4213/img0402iy.jpg) (http://img706.imageshack.us/i/img0402iy.jpg/)

sam31183Apr 17, 2011, 3:44 pm · #634

Autoxing again today...i think my overflow tank has a small leak in it somewhere...thinking I should rip it all out and setup a new overflow...

seishukuApr 17, 2011, 7:01 pm · #635

You should convert over to a closed system, they work way better... No chance of leaks or overflow.

ProlowtoneApr 17, 2011, 9:01 pm · #636

meh, They work for now, Im saving up to finish the last things i need for my motor swap.

sam31183Apr 17, 2011, 9:45 pm · #637

raced again today...one of the slicks is done. My rear alignment is super screwed up...I am going to go down to a shop this week and see if there is something that can be made up or modified to be able to adjust the rear toe and some of the rear camber...

heithApr 18, 2011, 12:11 am · #638

mounted my water meth tank and pump from the snow kit

ProlowtoneApr 18, 2011, 10:38 pm · #639

Took off the gas pedal to pull out my heater.. pulled out the core, cleaned out all the built up crap inside of there since the previous owner did not have vent in the cowling to prevent tree droppings to end up in, Cleaned the connectors on my alternator, cleaned my new parts that will be installed soon, Looped the water lines for the heater with a piece or irrigation hose shoved inside of the 2 lines, then wrapped around the seem with electrical tape a few layers thick. I finally sanded down the water jackets i fixed and scrubbed the head, pulled off the cruise control so that i can put the head on easier.  Mounted a new intake gasket that i made then lost all ambition to put the head on, swept the floor and called it a night. A good day i think

heithApr 19, 2011, 12:37 am · #640

pressure tested my coolant system
looks like i have a small leak from the intake manifold
i hope this is a part i can get from lordco and wont have to wait a long time for....

heithApr 21, 2011, 12:28 am · #641

got the gasket from lordco was a happy man
it looks like the guy who sold me my car did all the head work he told me
tested my coolant system to 15 psi no leaks
ill have to see what happens with some heat cycles...

Phisherman09Apr 21, 2011, 12:53 am · #642

front wheels on
(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/DSCN0311.jpg)

rears tommorow.

cool lookin 350z with a foggy headlight.
(http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d162/Phisherman09/DSCN0314.jpg)

MaxpowApr 21, 2011, 1:04 am · #643

New plug wires, narrowed new problem to a dying fuel pump. Going top put working one in tomorrow most likely.

AthensApr 21, 2011, 5:30 am · #644

followed through on my plan to ziptie a block of wood to the accel pedel to make heel-toe easier. works great.

heithApr 21, 2011, 7:39 am · #645

time for fender flares now?

newby200sxApr 21, 2011, 9:06 am · #646

hooked up my windsheild washer spray nozzles, they work awsome, replced lil motor

VG30_S12Apr 21, 2011, 10:15 am · #647

Took my shit out for its first drive/shakedown run   :evillaugh:
(http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/th_IMAG0508.jpg) (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/?action=view&current=IMAG0508.jpg)
(http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/th_IMAG0509.jpg) (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/?action=view&current=IMAG0509.jpg)
(http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/th_IMAG0504-1.jpg) (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/VG30_S12/?action=view&current=IMAG0504-1.jpg)
Also made a place to put the markers for the US fenders

heithApr 22, 2011, 1:14 am · #648

bleed my brakes with pentosin super dot 4
put on my 15x8 0 offset wheels
this thing looks hot next i need to buy a camera so i can post pics

KustamogenApr 22, 2011, 4:05 am · #649

think my 02 sensor is going.....getting some sputtering/backfiring at full throttle.....guess Ill look into that!

silvertonApr 22, 2011, 5:16 am · #650
heith on 01:14:14 AM / 22-Apr-11bleed my brakes with pentosin super dot 4
put on my 15x8 0 offset wheels
this thing looks hot next i need to buy a camera so i can post pics

Dang, if anyone is consistently doing work to their s12, it's you.  Kudos!

Post Merge: 05:32:55 AM / 22-Apr-11
Yesterday I decided to finally deal with my nasty rear center garnish.  As you can see in this pic, it wasn't very pretty...

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/mobilepics/IMG_20110326_142358.jpg)

First I started off by buying some wet/dry sand paper in grits between 1000 and 3000.  I let them soak for well over 48 hours.  I started off with the 1000 grit, and soon realized that I would need a whole lot more elbow grease than I could muster!

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/trimwip1.jpg)

But I moved right along with it, and soon realized that the sanding sponge I had bought was 180 grit, or something along those lines, so I went to town on it!  And eventually got to this.

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/trimwip2.jpg)

Must better, but still not good enough.  I went ahead and grabbed my Griots random orbital and machine polishes 2 and 3 to clean it up.  It still needs a bit of work to be "perfect" but it's good enough for right now!

(http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l294/silvertondevil/87s12SEv6/trim.jpg)