Browse › Tech ›Visual mods and audio

Hood Vinyl!

Started by Kustamogen · Sep 2, 2010 · 79postsSMF 2010–26

Wolf DilworthSep 3, 2010, 7:45 am · #51
hotdoghogieput some tits on it.

Bumped into one of those in TJ several years ago... It wasn't pretty.
danginaSep 3, 2010, 7:59 am · #52

Whats your favorite anime character/babe?

lol at the turrettes guy

falkhenSep 3, 2010, 8:22 am · #53
posted image
KustamogenSep 3, 2010, 8:25 am · #54

haha other than some intial D episodes I have never really watches much anime! Im a few years older than the pokemon generation! haha

Ill try that Blue pic! I think Ill maybe grey tone it or try with different colors

posted image

sam31183Sep 3, 2010, 5:56 pm · #55

lol...i really want you to photoshop my car on to your hood...i dont expect you to to do it..but i think it would look funny/awesome.

KustamogenSep 3, 2010, 6:01 pm · #56
posted image
Wolf DilworthSep 3, 2010, 7:48 pm · #57
KustamogenIll try that Blue pic! I think Ill maybe grey tone it or try with different colors

posted image

Dude, that is so dope.  

I want one, Grey-scale might be cool too.  What is the problem with blue?

Put the babe on the drivers side for me...  No scoop on my hood.
hotdoghogieSep 3, 2010, 7:54 pm · #58

Dude that one anime chick is totally diggin in her cooch...

Wolf DilworthSep 3, 2010, 7:58 pm · #59
posted image

Without some more doctorin' this Grey-scale looses too much contrast = Fail.

Still diggin the blue.
KustamogenSep 3, 2010, 8:37 pm · #60

I dont mind the blue.....its kinda nice cuz its still sorta subtle lol.....not totally in your face

and my buddy does have experience with vinyl and he will help me out! Nice

haha I think Ill actually go through with this....90 bucks outta my engine part fund....but oh well it will be fun!

just gotta make sure whichever image I pick I can get into proper resolution when scaling up....time to annoy my graphic designer friend!

Drft-s12Sep 3, 2010, 9:33 pm · #61

Dude i was thinking of doing this too.....there is a shop out here that does it...i am going to look into this too   I like alot of your ideas

sam31183Sep 4, 2010, 3:04 am · #62
Kustamogen
EternalSwapSep 4, 2010, 3:26 am · #63

dammit, i demand dickbutt! NAO

Wolf DilworthSep 4, 2010, 3:33 am · #64

No possibility of everyone settling on one design, so a group rate is out of the question.  

Keep me in the loop on the viking babe though, I could swing it with a couple of weeks lead time.

KustamogenSep 4, 2010, 3:47 am · #65

Im sure I could get them at retail....I doubt my friend could use her discount on anyone she makes lol.....retail is $216 or something she said.

EternalSwapSep 4, 2010, 4:06 am · #66

DICKBUTT!

i want dickbutt!

dear sir, you should consider dickbutt.

Wolf DilworthSep 4, 2010, 4:06 am · #67
Kustamogen...retail is $216 or something she said.

Ouch, bummerz.
celestialsilviaSep 4, 2010, 2:10 pm · #68

the ipod generation's take on painting the side of your van?

Wolf DilworthSep 4, 2010, 11:13 pm · #69

^^^  Well I am not of that generation, but I do not possess the artistic skills to pull off such painting either.

I do not see where the vinyl sticker is worth $200.00+ for a giant print on plastic.  Materials costs are low and There is very little artistic skill involved in creating the sticker.  there are numberous sources for the software to convert the image, then it is merely a plotter printer to make the print.

A mark-up of over 200% is just plain greedy.  too bad.

sideways_s12Sep 4, 2010, 11:57 pm · #70
Kustamogenposted image


Pure fuckin win lol a hatch with a notch on the hood hahahahaha that is offically my new desktop (sorry keith) That is too epic to pass up....lol
KustamogenSep 5, 2010, 5:45 am · #71
Wolf Dilworth^^^  Well I am not of that generation, but I do not possess the artistic skills to pull off such painting either.

I do not see where the vinyl sticker is worth $200.00+ for a giant print on plastic.  Materials costs are low and There is very little artistic skill involved in creating the sticker.  there are numberous sources for the software to convert the image, then it is merely a plotter printer to make the print.

A mark-up of over 200% is just plain greedy.  too bad.

When I was first thinking of doing this almost 2yrs ago I was quoted nearly $400 to have something printed out!!! lol....like geez

Ill ask my friend if she knows the actual "cost" would be haha....Id like to know
Mr Amber ShadesSep 5, 2010, 2:56 pm · #72

Cut dickbutt out, apply, smooth the lines, and its a win!!!

posted image

Or a favorite of mine:

posted image

XanoSep 5, 2010, 2:58 pm · #73

i'd go with this, personally.

posted image

I've got a print of it at home on a sheet of wood.  Got it from Dali's museum in florida.

SC S12Sep 5, 2010, 3:08 pm · #74

I remember there being a hood for a 200sx a while back for sale somewhere on the internet with a mudkip on it....

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/paint-bo...n-s12-hood.html

EternalSwapSep 6, 2010, 4:33 am · #75
Mr Amber ShadesCut dickbutt out, apply, smooth the lines, and its a win!!!

posted image
dude, there is a dickbutt shirt?! i buy now!
Mr Amber ShadesSep 9, 2010, 1:53 am · #76
EternalSwapdude, there is a dickbutt shirt?! i buy now!

Official shirt for sales!

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Sessi...;Category_Code=

EightySix200SXSep 9, 2010, 2:02 am · #77

nevermind bro i need this vinyl by saturday/sunday to rock at the two shows. well see what my vinyl guy can do.

8SixS12Nov 6, 2010, 1:13 pm · #78

Always wanted to do a Gundam Wing mech on my hood.  Maybe Zero one or Epyon.

posted image
posted image
posted image

SC S12Nov 16, 2010, 11:06 pm · #79

ok i had a thought, the most awesome thought!
MACGYVER linked for massive size
http://pressroom.pulstv.pl/files/20090423/macgyver.jpg
posted image