Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Ashley's S12 Awesomeness

Started by ashleyanne · Aug 14, 2010 · 135postsSMF 2010–26

sam31183Jul 14, 2011, 1:08 am · #101

i wish someone would pay me in manual windows!

ashleyanneJul 14, 2011, 12:13 pm · #102

LOL.

So I also took all the trim and rear wiper off my hatch. Now, I do have a hole in my glass but for right now that's okay since I plan on getting new glass that doesn't have defrosters on it anyway. And not super old purple tint on it, lol.

VG33ERGazelle?Jul 14, 2011, 1:17 pm · #103

whats wrong with antique purple tintz?

silvertonJul 14, 2011, 1:40 pm · #104
SomeoneWhoIsntMe on 03:14:27 PM / 27-Jun-11still uncommon swaps: B6/BP...

mazda 4 banger love!  I had an EscortGT that I was going to eventually swap a 323 gtr motor in to...
Jeremy AJul 14, 2011, 5:36 pm · #105

^ A BP swap would be neat!  I'd like to see someone drop one in an rx7 shell for a nice lil dd.

ashleyanneJul 14, 2011, 5:42 pm · #106

Antique purple tintz = no heat reduction or visibility. I keep getting a lot of "hey what kind of sub is that?" Obnoxious. Plus super dark tint looks good.

Jeremy AJul 14, 2011, 5:44 pm · #107

Where are you going to get new glass w/o defrosters?

ashleyanneJul 14, 2011, 6:03 pm · #108

This guy that my boyfriend works with does windshields and glass for all shapes window. So I'm still waiting on a quote from him, but that would be it. Also thought about replacing all my glass, just don't know how much it'll be.

Jeremy AJul 14, 2011, 6:17 pm · #109

Sweet,  keep us posted on that,  sounds awesome.

ashleyanneJul 14, 2011, 6:26 pm · #110

Yeah of course, is that something you'd be interested in doing to your car?

rollingstockJul 14, 2011, 7:50 pm · #111
silverton on 01:40:47 PM / 14-Jul-11mazda 4 banger love!  I had an EscortGT that I was going to eventually swap a 323 gtr motor in to...


high jack!... i had a friend with a US 323 with a jdm turbo bp motor(big ass t3/t4) shit way to fast.
Wolf DilworthJul 15, 2011, 2:18 am · #112
ashleyanne on 06:03:24 PM / 14-Jul-11...does windshields and glass for all shapes window...

Tell me more, please, I am very interested in just such a service.  Tuscon Arizona, is not that far a drive... ;o)
IggyEGuanaJul 15, 2011, 8:58 pm · #113

home depot has plugs that will fit those holes in the rear glass. i dont remem what section but i think it was meant for sinks :P

Wolf DilworthJul 15, 2011, 11:52 pm · #114

On my Rust bucket S-12 (1.0) I sealed the two holes with Black RTV.  I placed small pieces of tape on the inside and smoothed the RTV very carefully from the outside, once it cured (completely) I removed the tape from the inside.  It is no big deal to cut it free and clean up the hole if you want to re-install the motor.

Ashleyanne -  I seriously want to know about this guy that does custom windshields.

ArroJul 16, 2011, 2:29 am · #115
Wolf Dilworth on 02:18:46 AM / 15-Jul-11Tell me more, please, I am very interested in just such a service.  Tuscon Arizona, is not that far a drive... ;o)

hah! you Texans are nutz, just driving from Austin to San Anton' is a far drive! ;)
ashleyanneJul 16, 2011, 8:55 pm · #116

I'll tell more once I get more information from the guy, apparently we gotta call someone else to ask about it. He confuses my boyfriend /:

Yeah I went to look for plugs at Lowe's not too long ago and they failed on their plug selection. However, the RTV idea does not sound bad, I might do that.


Post Merge: 08:56:38 PM / 16-Jul-11
And by the way, you guys can just call me Ashley lol
Wolf DilworthJul 16, 2011, 10:54 pm · #117

The RTV works like a champ, just be sure to leave to tape in place for few days before removal to avoid uncured RTV, I left mine there for a week.

ashleyanneJul 16, 2011, 11:41 pm · #118

Okie dokies, pics when done lol

ashleyanneApr 26, 2014, 6:51 pm · #119

So, this thread is coming back. I pretty much fell off the face of the Earth for 4 years, but I still have my 12 and she was just recently parked for teardown.

Currently, the 12 is in the following condition:
Gutted interior
CA20E with a massive oil leak from rear main- 186xxx miles
No brake booster, no power steering, ruined passenger front brake caliper
No AC- dat weight reduction
2.5 in exhaust
KA radiator
Intake
Cut rear springs

Originally, I was thinking a 1UZ or 1JZ swap. Scrapped that idea- going single cam KA-T. I have the full motor and trans- pulled out of a car running. Tearing the entire motor and trans down, thinking low compression turbo. I want completely new everything.

So it begins... Again...

EternalSwapApr 26, 2014, 9:36 pm · #120

Oh fuck zombie thread. That's cool tho, welcome back
Post Merge


And be honest, you're a dude. Girls hate S12s, it's scientifically proven.
sideways_s12Apr 27, 2014, 2:44 am · #121

Alex that is wrong my wife loves the s12!

EternalSwapApr 27, 2014, 3:03 am · #122

But her true love is DSMs, don't lie.

ashleyanneApr 27, 2014, 3:38 am · #123

Not a dude, I promise. My 12 is my babyyyy.

sideways_s12Apr 27, 2014, 3:41 am · #124

Lol she loves both equally We had big plans for the blue car until she got sick and now we're moving to the UK

ashleyanneApr 27, 2014, 4:07 pm · #125

Eww, DSM problems.

sideways_s12Apr 27, 2014, 11:25 pm · #126

Nope she has owned her dsm for 9 years and in nine years it's only been down twice. Yes it was modded and yes she raced it.

ashleyanneMay 25, 2014, 7:08 pm · #127

Started dry-icing the sound deadening and bullshit out of my car.

Little preview:

Before:
posted image

After:
posted image

ashleyanneJun 1, 2014, 6:52 am · #128

Cleaned out my storage unit.... resulted in fender flare mock-up

posted image
posted image
posted image
posted image

8SixS12Jun 7, 2014, 9:07 am · #129

Glad to see you back in the game! I'll be following this thread.

ashleyanneMay 27, 2017, 3:54 am · #130

Resurrecting this thread. 7 years ago, I bought this car. Daily drove it for 4 years, parked it in 2014, let it sit for two years with no progress, and now I'm back at it.

I bought a 1UZ, I have a single cam KA trans. It begins for real now.

Currently:
posted image

In the process of dash removal. What a pain in the ass!

posted image

Also, I'm on instagram as @s12girl and in the facebook groups as Ashley Carter. That's really where I track my progess.

WonderingravenMay 27, 2017, 10:48 am · #131

ohh that is you, I am @wonderingraven 1uz swap would be sweet.

sideways_s12May 27, 2017, 8:22 pm · #132

Nice glad to see you back at it!

Cajun1guyJun 2, 2017, 12:45 pm · #133

Yes, good to see you back in the game! I put one of those window regulators to good use shortly after I bought them from you.

ashleyanneJun 2, 2017, 6:06 pm · #134

Woohoo! I'm happy to hear it

ashleyanneJun 8, 2017, 9:43 pm · #135

Finally got the dash out today after not touching it for a week or so since I started

posted image

posted image