Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Blue Demon

Started by Mrs.Sideways_S12 · Apr 4, 2010 · 69postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Mar 25, 2013, 1:55 pm · #51

Haha nice!

rifelman1993Mar 26, 2013, 1:02 am · #52

Yep I can't help but goons sidewayz on every turn and for 4 or 5 hours every Friday and sat lol

sideways_s12Mar 26, 2013, 3:46 am · #53

Welp got alot done bolted up the trans and buttoned up some wiring... Hooked up a battery and cranked the motor compression sounds good probably going to do a comp test tomorrow just to make sure if all goes well I should be able to start it up tomorrow....

sideways_s12Apr 1, 2013, 4:03 am · #54

Did a comp test and the numbers cam out decent 146, 153, 153, 156. Got everything wired (with the exception of the fuel pump) and for some reason I'm not getting spark. I followed the fsm and still nothing I don't understand what the problem is I switched out the coils with known good ones with no luck. Anybody got any suggestions? on how to remedy this?

Colonel GustardApr 1, 2013, 1:21 pm · #55

Maybe the crank angle sensor in the distributor went out?

sideways_s12Apr 1, 2013, 2:11 pm · #56

well it gets spark randomly and me and kendra have both been shocked....

Jeremy AApr 1, 2013, 2:17 pm · #57
sideways_s12 on 02:11:31 PM / 01-Apr-13 me and kendra have both been shocked....


True story,  hahaha
Colonel GustardApr 1, 2013, 4:04 pm · #58

Random spark? The disc in the distributor clean? Maybe wrong firing order? If its intermittent spark, probably the CAS, happened to me once

sideways_s12Apr 1, 2013, 10:43 pm · #59

yeah the coil randomly sparks I put a spare spark plug I had with a spare plug wire and hooked it up to the coil and I get a spark when the key is turned to on and when the key is turned off but when actually cranking it doesn't have spark I'm soooo confused

sideways_s12Apr 3, 2013, 3:14 am · #60

Anybody have any ideas?

sideways_s12Apr 7, 2013, 10:14 pm · #61

Guess Not

night_s12Apr 8, 2013, 7:21 pm · #62

Maybe check the ground on the coil and dizzy? Sounds stupid but you never know

sideways_s12Apr 8, 2013, 8:11 pm · #63

Ive checked double checked and triple checked the ground still no change.... This is really annoying.

IggyEGuanaApr 8, 2013, 11:07 pm · #64

wire it up like in the fsm and then get it all set to fire up and hook it to another running car with jumper cables so it will crank extra fast. you can even pop the plugs out so it spins really fast. hopefully that'll "wake up" the ignition system. Check for spark with a plug in the end of the wire and the electrode grounded somewhere. hopefully with the cas spinning faster and no question of low voltage supplied from the battery the system will work. once it wakes up and the car idles for a while it should fire up every time no problem

sideways_s12Apr 9, 2013, 12:47 am · #65

Ill give that a shot i did most of that but didnt take the plugs out as you suggested

sideways_s12Sep 21, 2013, 8:31 pm · #66

Well sad to say but this project is dead :( We are no longer keeping the car as we need the money for the big move. So it has been sold to Gary (wonderingraven) Just waiting on funds and for him to come pick it up this will be his project now. I hate to sell her but I gotta do what I gotta do. At least she is staying in the family and going to a club member. Good luck with her Gary Hope she treats you well :)

WonderingravenSep 21, 2013, 11:11 pm · #67

it's not dead, just change of management, lol! she will be in a good home with me as my desire to restore it will be great since this is a fairly clean hatch and about as clean as my old 84 (kame).
I already have some things for her already.  So I can't wait till I fire up that ca20e ;-)

sideways_s12Sep 22, 2013, 12:23 am · #68

lol I gotta take that header off but that shouldn't take long I'll get it off tomorrow.

sideways_s12Sep 29, 2013, 11:18 pm · #69

Fairwell old friend. :(