Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Project: Resurrection.

Started by sideways_s12 · Feb 22, 2010 · 676postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Aug 5, 2010, 1:01 pm · #101

Ill check those out and see it just pisses me off how much time effort and money I have dropped into this thing to have this result. Hopefully its something simple that can be fixed quick

KustamogenAug 5, 2010, 1:27 pm · #102

lol when I put my headgasket on flipped....and went to put oil in and saw it seeping out the head/block.....I was ready to put my fist through the windshield

youll find the issue and fix it.....just disheartening when she like that happens after a lot of work

sideways_s12Aug 7, 2010, 1:58 pm · #103

well the head is not seated properly mrs.sideways_s12 and myself went to check it out and she could stick her finger nail between the head and the block on the driverside and she said she couldn't feel the gasket at all so I will be replacing the gasket and the headstuds I'm going to buy arp headstuds so I don't have to deal with the bullshit any more lol....

vegasS12Aug 7, 2010, 5:52 pm · #104

lets get her on the road!

sideways_s12Aug 7, 2010, 11:15 pm · #105

hahah relized the number 10 headstud was not torqued down properly so that was the issue but now I actually need a new head gasket because on the pass rear it's leaking and I think i know why lol so there goes another 70 bux down the drain lol

EightySix200SXAug 8, 2010, 7:03 am · #106

Damn. Well that's. good at least u have a good idea on what the issue is! Best of luck dude. Let us know if that turns out to be the culprit

sideways_s12Aug 8, 2010, 2:34 pm · #107

It is because its leaking between the head and the block right where the gasket is damaged thought it was ok because it was a little beat but not major I've used worse headgaskets on the single cam and it was fine lol oh well new head gasket it is...

200sxkitcarAug 8, 2010, 11:46 pm · #108

check to make sure the head is flat!

IggyEGuanaAug 9, 2010, 2:29 am · #109

ya i think there is another issue

haha we shoulda grabbed that fwd head when we had the chance.  always happens that way

sideways_s12Aug 9, 2010, 11:25 am · #110

Iono I don't think its the head because we didn't have a leak issue till we reinstalled it I'm gonna check the torque of the head in that area then if it still leaks gonna replace the gasket if it leaks after that then ill replace the head I really just think its the gasket but we'll find out soon

Mrs.Sideways_S12Aug 9, 2010, 1:24 pm · #111

I really hope it's something simple. I really don't want to remove the head again, not looking forward to getting all the stupid little cuts on my hands again since jason makes me do all the only midgets can fit their hands in this tiny ass area work lol
I don't mind tho, I love to help out

I really just wanna hear the car running sooner then later!!

KustamogenAug 9, 2010, 3:42 pm · #112

I wish I had someone around with small hands to reach shit

my big meat claws get in the way a lot

Navy_Mech2Aug 9, 2010, 4:10 pm · #113
Mrs.Sideways_S12
I don't mind tho, I love to help out

shit at least youre willing to help. most women would be like "OMG i dont wanna break a nail!" lol
sam31183Aug 9, 2010, 5:00 pm · #114

double torque check all em head studs...you guys should be golden grahams unless the headgasket some how blew out...which i hope it didnt...if it did get arp head studs and some kind of awesome head gasket and check the head/block to make sure they arent warp and throw it back together right...

sideways_s12Aug 9, 2010, 6:53 pm · #115
sam31183double torque check all em head studs...you guys should be golden grahams unless the headgasket some how blew out...which i hope it didnt...if it did get arp head studs and some kind of awesome head gasket and check the head/block to make sure they arent warp and throw it back together right...


I haven't gotten the headstuds yet need mowar moneyz currently trying to sell my 50 trim locally along with waste gate but there's no interest yet so we'll see hopefully I can get more hours at work
sideways_s12Aug 18, 2010, 4:09 pm · #116

havent done anything to the car waiting on funds for new headgasket did add something cool tho

(http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS83Ng.jpg)

soon to come I took a page out of the eightysix200sx book gonna be gettin a sortaflush sticker haha

KustamogenAug 18, 2010, 6:26 pm · #117

lol I didnt know you were black until I just saw those iggy build pics.....so NOW this makes sense

KustamogenAug 18, 2010, 6:37 pm · #118

that pic thread where ppl put up their pics needs to be restarted or something!

sam31183Aug 18, 2010, 7:52 pm · #119

I need a I <3 asian girls sticker for my car....roflmao!!!

JayAug 18, 2010, 8:01 pm · #120
sam31183I need a I <3 asian girls sticker for my car....roflmao!!!

Too cliche
EightySix200SXAug 18, 2010, 9:13 pm · #121

Lol me and sidewayz are he two (brothas) haha hey Jason I thing I told u about my I <3 LATINAS one haha

I remeber when I posted a pic sidewayss12 was like "oh shit eightysix is black!"

sideways_s12Aug 18, 2010, 10:18 pm · #122

Yeah I thought I was the only one for awhile till I saw your pic lmao I was happy I wasn't the only one

EightySix200SXAug 18, 2010, 10:40 pm · #123

apparently fyneyoungstunna is black also.

Oh mod_mastaz is black too.

KustamogenAug 18, 2010, 10:41 pm · #124

*hides white/blonde gf*

Wolf DilworthAug 18, 2010, 10:51 pm · #125

I need/want a "I <3 Waihine's" sticker.

sideways_s12Aug 18, 2010, 11:50 pm · #126
EightySix200SXapparently fyneyoungstunna is black also.

Oh mod_mastaz is black too.


I knew about fyneyoungstunna but not mod_mastaz lol that's awesome I don't feel so alone now hahaha

Kustamogen*hides white/blonde gf*


Lol no need to hide her I have my own lol
EightySix200SXAug 19, 2010, 1:48 pm · #127
sideways_s12I knew about fyneyoungstunna but not mod_mastaz lol that's awesome I don't feel so alone now hahaha

jp dude mod_mastaz is vietnamese dude.
KustamogenAug 19, 2010, 1:52 pm · #128

so hes black with a small penis? thats a slap in the face....poor azns

sideways_s12Aug 20, 2010, 8:51 pm · #129

lol wtf?

XanoAug 21, 2010, 8:24 am · #130

wow guys lol.

Jason you needs to race your shit, i need moar videos to watch

sideways_s12Aug 21, 2010, 5:32 pm · #131

Lol I will get some more vids up when i get it running right?

sideways_s12Aug 26, 2010, 10:58 pm · #132

UPDATEZ!!!!!

No more leaks turned out the head gasket was fuxxord by me so I had to replace it got a brand new one popped the head on and no leakies lol just have to get the timing right and hook everything back up like ic piping and valve covers and other misc items then I have to deal with the damn shifter turns out it was jerry rigged and I can't get it back in the shifter hole it's fucking retarded but it's so close to running YAY!!!

EightySix200SXAug 26, 2010, 11:52 pm · #133

Good shit Jason....... can't wait to see this thing go man!

Lol @ kustamogen, dude ur awesome!

sideways_s12Aug 30, 2010, 1:09 pm · #134

Yeah I can't wait either so close lol

KustamogenAug 30, 2010, 1:51 pm · #135

which car are you working on again? the dark one? w/ the ca18det?

whats the red one doing?

I could go skimp this whole thread but this is easier. And I like things easy

EightySix200SXAug 30, 2010, 3:37 pm · #136
Kustamogen And I like things easy

Me to bro
sideways_s12Aug 30, 2010, 4:38 pm · #137
Kustamogenwhich car are you working on again? the dark one? w/ the ca18det?

whats the red one doing?

I could go skimp this whole thread but this is easier. And I like things easy


Its the black one with the ca18det and if you were to skim this thread there wouldn't be anything on the red car. That one is just sitting need megasquirt and gonna go with a bigger turbo. But that's at a later date
Phisherman09Aug 30, 2010, 6:22 pm · #138
sideways_s12Its the black one with the ca18det and if you were to skim this thread there wouldn't be anything on the red car. That one is just sitting need megasquirt and gonna go with a bigger turbo. But that's at a later date

I have a Assembled ms2 v3.0 for sale. Pretty cheap. I'd your interested lol. I parted out the ka-t... It rAn on it.

Back on topic is it running? Lol
sideways_s12Aug 31, 2010, 12:23 am · #139

no money for the megasquirt hence why its sitting lol.

and no it's not running yet can't seem to get the timing marks to line up

sideways_s12Sep 7, 2010, 2:50 am · #140

SHE'S ALIVE muahahahahahahahahahah ALIVE! Hahahahahahahahahahah yeah that's right kids my beast has been brought back to life hahahahaha she smokes something terrible but that's because I think the turbo seals are bad so tomorrow the t28 I have will be going on. Just need to wire up the electric fan and finish the break in process and there will be another ca18det powered s12 on the road Yes! Oh and she pulls pretty good for only being on 7 psi from the t25g won't be upping the boost anytime soon tho till I make sure all the bugs are worked out.

Mrs.Sideways_S12Sep 7, 2010, 5:20 pm · #141

Here is the start up vid:



And in the case that Photobucket fails like normal here are the links:

[a href=\"http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/RaveRacer07/?action=view&current=001-6.mp4\" target=\"_blank\"]http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/Ra...rrent=001-6.mp4


http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s256/Ra...rrent=002-8.mp4

D-sport S12Sep 7, 2010, 5:25 pm · #142

yay! congrats on getting it running. You must be super stoked on finally being able to drive it

sideways_s12Sep 7, 2010, 6:41 pm · #143

Oh I definetly am haha just need to work out a bugs here and there and we should be good to go

sam31183Sep 7, 2010, 6:52 pm · #144

congrats on reviving another s12!

KustamogenSep 7, 2010, 7:20 pm · #145

now go rape some shit!!!!

sideways_s12Sep 7, 2010, 11:36 pm · #146

Lol I want to sooooooooooo bad but gotta finish the break in and swap turbos after that it may be time to rape some shit lol

EightySix200SXSep 8, 2010, 12:11 am · #147
sideways_s12SHE'S ALIVE muahahahahahahahahahah ALIVE! Hahahahahahahahahahah yeah that's right kids my beast has been brought back to life hahahahaha she smokes something terrible but that's because I think the turbo seals are bad so tomorrow the t28 I have will be going on. Just need to wire up the electric fan and finish the break in process and there will be another ca18det powered s12 on the road Yes! Oh and she pulls pretty good for only being on 7 psi from the t25g won't be upping the boost anytime soon tho till I make sure all the bugs are worked out.

i got ur text but i was busy dood! fuckin a man! post a vid when all the bugs are worked out i wanna se how this thing goes!
sideways_s12Sep 8, 2010, 12:15 am · #148

I figured when you didn't respond hahaha it's all good and there will def pics of it smashin on shit lol

edit....Vids*

sideways_s12Sep 8, 2010, 4:58 pm · #149

Man she pulls pretty hard for being stock lol only mods are exhaust t25g on stock boost and tubular exhaust mani we went out last night to somemore freeway pulls for the break in and it seemed like every pull was harder than the last lol she is def gonna be movin when I start to mod her bigger injectors bigger snail and wideband with safc

vegasS12Sep 8, 2010, 6:03 pm · #150