i knew that the fuelmanagement is a part of any engine build, but what i dont know is the limits of certin engines,
the only issue i see with a turbo ka is the fact of it having to be built before i reach my power goals, as of right now it seems that the vg is a stronger engine in stock form.
Browse › Engines ›Engine comparisons
Ka Vs Vg
kyskaterthe only issue i see with a turbo ka is the fact of it having to be built before i reach my power goals, as of right now it seems that the vg is a stronger engine in stock form.
From what I'm aware of, you are correct in that statement. Reason Nissan favored the VG over any engine in the late 80's and most of the 90's for most of their lineup. It was the work horse of Nissan.
was???it still is for us se owners.lol
I can attest that the VG is a very good motor. One of my Z31s, the 86 N/A has about 205k miles on it and it runs flawlessly. I know a guy with an 86 Turbo with nearly 400k miles on the original motor. I also know another guy who made it to about 320k miles in his 86T.
kyskaterthe only issue i see with a turbo ka is the fact of it having to be built before i reach my power goals, as of right now it seems that the vg is a stronger engine in stock form.for 275whp? it really doesnt have to be a built motor. i would just be really conservative with ignition maps, for reliability
what does the vg redline at and what does the ka
stock redline for vg is 6000rpms
stock s13 ka redline is 6900rpms, s14 redline is 6400rpms, due to shitty cams
I have drove both ka24de and a vg30e. I have to say the vg30e had allot more torque. was smoother, and probably a little faster.
EDIT: club-s12-vg30de-s12
i personally wouldnt run nitrous on a d.d. unless i wanted to blow it up lol
if anything, id be interested in a 25-50 shot to help spool, but i dont think thats an issue with a n/a to turbo setup
ragemain problem is you cant do thisWTF?
stock location turbo vg-t would be sooo easy
VG+MX83?
EternalSwapyessir, fuck a 1jz
WTF?
VG+MX83?
rage
yessir, fuck a 1jz
big +1 there
ok i have descided since i can get every thing for either cheep or free i am going with the vg30/33er
vg33 block if i can find one
vg30e heads with jwt cams and springs
er blower-i wanna have a blower out of the hood lol
100 shot of nitrous
and a good 300zx tranny unless it is diffrent than that of the se s12?
I have a shit ton of vg parts. pm sent
kyskaterits only cool if it makes power.
er blower-i wanna have a blower out of the hood lol
ER blowers make like 20hp
i have descided to go with a m90 blower
cool, i love the whine
the sticking out the hood screams whitetrash nhra style
yes it does but hey where else would it go lol
I really hope you do the supercharger, because a lot of people have talked about it, and few have actually done more than talk.
Ya at one time I was going to build a er but I'm sticking to my vg30e. Maybe a vg33et later. I think a m90 might be a bit of a over kill. Just get new pulleys.
i am dont worry i plan on it unless i descide to trade for a rb20det swaped s13 straight up for my car.... But i doubt i will because i dont want to do something i will regret. on the 7th i hope to to set up the build thread.