Browse › Tech ›Drivetrain

Rear End/differential Variations

Started by silver_s13 · Sep 12, 2008 · 62postsSMF 2010–26

vegasS12Feb 23, 2013, 11:07 am · #51
pakii-afa on 01:04:36 AM / 23-Feb-13dumb question probably, but lets say i use a z31 3.7, and find an aftermarket r200 lsd, does my final still stay or is that dependent on what i buy for aftermarket?
the final drive gears (gear and pinion)stay in the diff.
pakii-afaFeb 24, 2013, 2:27 am · #52

not very intellectual with these things, so i still dont know if that is a yes or a no :S

seishukuFeb 24, 2013, 3:12 am · #53

You transfer the gears to the new LSD, so yes, the final drive ratio stays the same.

pakii-afaFeb 25, 2013, 8:02 pm · #54

i did some research too, going to look for a 84 - 86 z31-t rear end, 3.54 will be epic for me :) lol

thanks too

vegasS12Feb 26, 2013, 12:33 pm · #55
pakii-afa on 08:02:52 PM / 25-Feb-13i did some research too, going to look for a 84 - 86 z31-t rear end, 3.54 will be epic for me :) lol

thanks too

There are a ton of those diffs out here.
pakii-afaFeb 26, 2013, 8:59 pm · #56

so ive heard, soon i will get one, and an lsd for it. did they have 10 mm bolts or 12? couldnt really get an answer so what i assume is it came with both.

TheShaneNov 8, 2013, 5:37 am · #57

So I've read the thread and from what I read an LSD made for an OPEN diff S13 WILL fit WITHOUT and modification to the axles or anything else. Right?

So this HLSD unit from OBX will fit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-LSD-Limited-Slip-Differential-91-98-Nissan-240SX-Silvia-200SX-Z31-/121203736361?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c384e3f29&vxp=mtr

Any help will be appreciated, I'd like to order soon!

Thanks!

TheShaneMar 18, 2014, 8:40 pm · #58
TheShane on 05:37:49 AM / 08-Nov-13So I've read the thread and from what I read an LSD made for an OPEN diff S13 WILL fit WITHOUT and modification to the axles or anything else. Right?

So this HLSD unit from OBX will fit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-LSD-Limited-Slip-Differential-91-98-Nissan-240SX-Silvia-200SX-Z31-/121203736361?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c384e3f29&vxp=mtr

Any help will be appreciated, I'd like to order soon!

Thanks!

UPDATE:
I bought one and it WILL fit. You'll need to get circlips for the diff and new bearings of course. Otherwise you're all set.

If you go the OBX route like I did... Rebuild it first!!! They come with extra shitty belleville washers that are installed wrong from the factory and they break and leave bits of metal in your new diff. See:  http://www.marcuccimotorsports.com/jobs/H22%20trans/OBX%20LSD%20Washer%20Replacement.pdf
johnnydreadMar 25, 2014, 5:16 pm · #59

So you do not need different input shafts as stated earlier in this thread?

iraxMar 26, 2014, 2:06 pm · #60
johnnydread on 05:16:12 PM / 25-Mar-14So you do not need different input shafts as stated earlier in this thread?

You only need different input shafts on VLSD diffs for VLSD pumpkins. You can buy diffs for open diff. Otherwise people with open diffs would have to buy axels with their diff and that would suck.
hengeMay 26, 2014, 4:48 pm · #61

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Was just doing some searching as I am going to attempt to put a vlsd in my R200 and make custom axles (as others have mentioned previously), and I came across this page. It's for a Z31, but since it's all so similar I felt it was worth sharing!

http://www.xenonz31.com/vlsdInstall.html

vern_kDec 4, 2015, 1:46 pm · #62

does anyone have a input companion flange from a longnose R200 laying around that they could take some measurements for me????