Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

On A Quest For The 400hp Single Cam

Started by sideways_s12 · Jul 29, 2008 · 70postsSMF 2010–26

methylpropFeb 3, 2010, 9:55 pm · #51

225ish would be pretty good for a daily.

ClownyFeb 3, 2010, 10:10 pm · #52

then go with the de.  headers, free flowing exhaust, intake pipe, call it a day.

methylpropFeb 4, 2010, 3:00 am · #53

well i sold my vg30e and I'm trying to find a buyer for my tt intercooler. Either way i have the cash for the vg30de so as soon as the cash is returned to my bank account then I'm going to order the de. swap attempt #2.

IggyEGuanaFeb 4, 2010, 5:30 am · #54

random youtube vg30de exhaust sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzgw-fZbEk

pretty beefy.  Would be beefier with twin magnaflows though
found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2m5dE8Y06o
too sick

methylpropFeb 4, 2010, 6:20 am · #55

ya the twin magnaflows sound really good. I have a 2.5in catback with a 40 seires knock off and it sounds cool but the vg30de needs duals.

I have my mind set on the vg30de. it is a much more practical swap than the vg30dett. It is also a step closer to the dett swap too. I know the vg30de will be so much easier to swap in than the vg30dett. I also plan to remove all emissions related b.s. and do some major wire tucking. a clean engine bay is a must with a nice swap.

My friend bought a vg30dett for his s13 and now he wants to back out of his swap. My going to try to see how low I can talk him down on his dett.

sideways_s12Feb 4, 2010, 8:08 am · #56
IggyEGuanaCOULDA HAD A V8!
posted image

lol jkjk

clip has no brakes
why auto? I dont get it
GL should be fun

and how in the fuck did u get that much back on ur taxes.  u adopt 10 kids this year?! wtf


lol you don't need ten kids I got 2 kids and am gettin 6g's just for them plus what i made...lol

glad to see the buld is back on ....
sideways_s12Mar 11, 2013, 12:38 am · #57

So I check Oem Surpluss and they have my ecu but they don't have my harness Nissan is soooooooooooooooooo gay for making the pin outs different on every other ecu Fuck you nissan and your retarded engineering....!

night_s12Mar 11, 2013, 5:44 am · #58

Nah you know you love them all except for that one engineer that let his kid draw on the wiring diagram and in turn thought it was ok.

sideways_s12Mar 11, 2013, 1:15 pm · #59

Lol....

sideways_s12Mar 14, 2013, 1:43 am · #60

May have found a remedy to my problem. Gonna pull a dash harness from an 85 and go from there.

WonderingravenMar 14, 2013, 1:54 am · #61

What is wrong with the current harness if you don't mind me asking?

sideways_s12Mar 14, 2013, 2:04 am · #62

I have an 85 harness and ecu and my car is a 86 so the engine harness theres a plug that wont plug in because the connections are differnt and its the only plug that is causing my car not to run....
Post Merge


Its basically the plug that powers the dash and fuel pump
sideways_s12Mar 18, 2013, 3:07 am · #63

I found a harness and ecu that i'm positive will work just gotta wait for the person to pull it....

sideways_s12Jun 4, 2016, 2:16 pm · #64

bumping for a member...

NebuchernezzerJun 4, 2016, 8:04 pm · #65

Between then and now did you get it going like you wanted?

WonderingravenJun 6, 2016, 12:48 am · #66

Well, Reviving as I acquired a cheap ka24e, sourcing the parts for the ka24e+t for this red hatch seems to be very possible and might happen and can acquire 400hp in the single cam.

sideways_s12Jun 6, 2016, 3:53 am · #67

Neb No I didnt Life got in the way unfoortunetly ... I still own all of my bartco stuff tho so when I find another 18et hatch thats unmolested Ill get back to it.... and Gary I meant 400hp single ca lol

WonderingravenJun 6, 2016, 8:11 am · #68
sideways_s12 on 03:53:43 AM / 06-Jun-16Gary I meant 400hp single ca lol

I know, but I am upgrading to a ka!
sideways_s12Jun 6, 2016, 8:27 pm · #69

Lol!

sideways_s12Jan 27, 2021, 9:30 pm · #70

When I finally get back to this project I will be immediatly be going the megasquirt route while in stock form then mod from there. I've learned my lesson the first time trying to use nissan shit to tune...